Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 labor watch/delivery

1. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@dragonsword: I only noticed that I was losing small pieces because I peed in a cup at my appointment yesterday and saw a bunch floating in the sample. When I lost small pieces with my first son, I noticed them in the toilet starting a week before I had him. With my daughter, I lost the whole thing a few days before labor, that was better so I wasn't analyzing for so long!

2. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: ah man!!!!!! Our hospital admits at 5cm. You're so close. Bet O comes really soon!!

3. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: oh yes indeed! I really want Halloween! That's 40+1 so it's quite possible. I'm at my appointment now waiting to see doc.

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Ugh no progress for me at all. Couldn't even have had a sweep if I wanted because I'm still only a fingertip dilated. Darn!

5. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Good luck @MrsRcCar: and @LAZB: - so close now! I can't wait to hear good news from you and pore over your birth stories

Over here we have definitely gone from thinking third trimester is pretty enjoyable to understanding the whole "get this baby out!" thing. Not quite 37 weeks though so still a little bit to go....

6. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@PinkElephant: She's beautiful -- congrats!

7. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: Sorry to hear you haven't had any progress! There's still some time before Halloween so I'm hoping you get that for your birthdate.

@MrsRcCar: You are SOOOOO CLOSE!!! Can't wait to hear good news from you.

8. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsRcCar: what?! 6cm!? i remember being at 3CM and being in so much pain from contractions when I was sitting in triage waiting to get checked! I can't imagine having to wait... maybe i'm getting my numbers mixed up but i do remember being so disappointed that the number was so low and i was scared they were going to send me home in pain! I hope you're making more progress as we speak and your baby comes soon!!

@LAZB: ah i see, i'm paranoid i'm going to miss clues with this one! I keep reading stories how the 2nd comes so fast, i'm super paranoid I will have this baby in the car because of traffic around here!

@delight: i hear our bodies can change so fast though! hopefully you'll feel something closer to next monday

9. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Admitted to L&D! IV started! I will keep you all posted the best I can!

10. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@MrsRcCar: Hope everything goes smoothly!

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: wahoo! Glad the ball is rolling! Best wishes for an awesome delivery!
    @dragonsword: it's just amazing to me how different pregnancies are. I was at least 3cm dilated with my DD by this point. I'm just thankful I'm still feeling great!

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I've missed so much!!!

@PinkElephant: congratulations!!! She's beautiful!!!

13. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: good luck mama!!! Can't wait to see your little man!

14. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsRcCar: Aaaah! Good luck!

15. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Baby O is here! More updates to come. 💗

16. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsRcCar: Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it.

17. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsRcCar: omg congrats!!! Can't wait to hear the deets!!! ❤

18. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Baby Oliver Jacob arrived tonight at 8:45pm EST. He weighed in at 8 pounds even! He was 21.5 inches long!

His birth went much faster then we thought it would. My birth was half medicated. 😱😳😵 My epidural was not taking on the left side of my body. I went from 6/7 cm to 10 very rapidly. I felt so much pressure I begged to push. The nurse was insistent I wait for the doctor. The doctor came in and caught him. I have one very minimal tear no stitches required. (Hooray). My parents helped me through most of the labor and delivery process. My DH stayed with our boys in the next room. DH and my boys don't do blood very well. Once O was born DH came in and cut O's cord. Once I was cleaned up the older boys got to meet their new little brother. They are in love. 😍

19. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: So great! Congrats on a super successful delivery. Sounds like everything went well. I can't believe how fast it was at the end. I am so glad the older boys are loving their little bro already. Hope everyone got a good nights sleep. This makes me want to have my baby pronto!

20. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@MrsRcCar: congratulations! So cool that your big boys got to meet their little brother right away!

21. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsRcCar: omg, that sounds super fast! Congratulations again, and i love the name Oliver. Hope you have a speedy recovery with your house full of boys! How fun!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: congratulations! I'm so glad he's here!

23. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@MrsRcCar congratulations! Way to go! What a sweet little family.

24. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: congrats and great job!!! So glad he's here and everyone is healthy and happy

25. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Now that DD and I have colds, and I want R to hold off a few days, I think things are finally moving. I lost a much bigger chunk of mucus plug about an hour ago, which could mean nothing, but has meant something for me in the past.
    We have our friend's dd's funeral on Saturday (we are the godparents), so I'm really hoping to be able to go to that. I'm going to try to do as little as possible before then so as to not encourage labor. Didn't think I'd say that a few days ago.

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I laid down while DD took a nap, and woke up to having my bloody show. So much for slowing things down haha

27. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: omgosh! these babies never listen to us do they?

28. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

@MrsRcCar: Congratulations!!

29. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@LAZB: I'm so sorry about your goddaughter. They say stressful life events do have a tendency to move labor along. I hope your little one follows mama's wishes and stays put just a few more days!

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I had a lot of bleeding, so I ended up coming in to get checked out. It seems to be fine, but I'm contracting every 2-4 minutes. I was only 2 cm when they checked me, so if there is no change when they check me again, I'll go home. We will see how it goes!

31. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: I'm so sorry about your goddaughter too. I am really glad your friends got to spend time with her. How are you doing at the hospital? I guess you are hoping to be sent home so you can make the funeral? If you are in labour, best wishes for a smooth delivery.

Things are starting to pick up a bit with me. I started having contractions last night for a couple of hours that were quite painful. I definitely thought I was in labour but I fell asleep and woke up to no more contractions. It must be the start of something though. 39+5 today!

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@PinkElephant: @delight: thank you both. I'm glad that I can be there for her, I know she appreciates having a friend that has gone through losing a child. The timing stinks though.
    @delight: glad things are picking up for you! Exciting!

33. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I didn't really progress much, so they sent me home. My contractions are tapering off after I ate breakfast, so hoping I can nap for a few hours.

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: ahhh too bad. I'm sure it will happen sometime soon though. Get lots of rest. That's my plan for today. Just had an induction massage and am eating spicy Thai soup now so hopefully that helps me along.

35. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: sounds yummy!

36. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@PinkElephant: Congratulations! She is adorable and I love her name.

@MrsRcCar: Wow, so fast at the end! Congratulations! Can't wait to see a picture (if you decide to share one).

@LAZB: So sorry to hear about your goddaughter. That's a terrible thing to have happened but I'm sure your friend will really appreciate you being there if you are able. Hopefully little one will hold off for a little while longer.

@delight: Fingers crossed that things are getting going! Post updates if you can.

I've been having lots of BH and menstrual-like cramping and nausea. Not super painful, but enough to keep me up all last night. I'm only 36 weeks though and no other signs so thinking it's probably just my body starting to gear up? I'll call L&D if it gets more intense or if I notice anything else, but probably just over-analyzing everything since this is my first pregnancy.

37. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@teacherbee: have you had a cervical check? Maybe you have some good dilation going with all that cramping!!!

Nothing more going on here The induction massage, spicy soup and lots of walking did nothing. Wah! My Edd is tomorrow and I went into labour on my EDD before, so here's hoping! I just want babe to come now that I'm on mat leave.

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: sorry you're not making more progress
    @teacherbee: sounds like your body is getting ready!

So I'm still bleeding a lot, and I'm concerned. It's similar to my period, and has been going on since Thursday early afternoon. I went for an ultrasound yesterday, and it looks like the placenta is fine, so that's good news. I've still had lots of contractions, on and off, so hopefully things will start getting consistent soon.
    I plan on going to the funeral today, and depending on how I'm feeling, I think we may go straight to the hospital for monitoring again if I'm still bleeding heavily this afternoon

39. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

O and I are doing well at home.

40. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: I believe I've mentioned before but I bled like a period for the last few weeks before DD arrived. They never really figured out what it was except they thought it was just related to my cervix dilating. Hope everything goes ok today. I know it'll be tough and stir up many memories. Take care of yourself today and if you do go to the hospital after the funeral I hope everything with you and baby looks great!

@MrsRcCar: thanks for the pictures!!!! Glad you're both doing great at home. How are the other little boys adjusting?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee