Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Annnnd I lost my dotted crosshairs 🤷‍♀️ I'm guessing because my CM observation last night. I'm starting to wonder if I should start taking OPKs?

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow! Quite the chart. But atleast your temp is staying low. Hopefully, AF will be on her way soon. 🤞 FWIW - I'd start with OPKs (atleast until AF shows) just in case ... and then resume a couple days after AF ends.

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: She LOVED 💕 it. Was singing and screaming the whole time. Poor MIL dropped $50 on a plush Peppa and spinny light-up thingy. But a good time was had by all!

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm so glad to read you and your DD had a great time! 😁 Purchases are stupid-expensive at those shows! But, I know when you see your LO so happy, sometimes, it just doesn't matter, eh? ... I'm sure it is doubly so for grandparents. DD is absolutely PRECIOUS in that picture! 💕

5. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@yellowbeach: that’s a great post show report! Anything is worth it to make them happy.

6. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Kaohinani: I do chart so definitely no O yet. In the past year I've O'd as late as cd13, though, so I could get a positive opk in the next couple days and it would still be a typical cycle for me. Hopefully that's what happens!

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@bananasareyellow: I hope so. 😃 🤞

8. Lily334

pea / 9 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks for checking in!! So sorry AF showed up for you! I have my fingers crossed you'll get lucky before your RE appt!

I am following along daily! Things have been busy! We celebrated DS 2nd birthday this weekend. It's so much fun now that he's understanding things a bit more! I can't wait for the holidays!

I'm in the boring part of my cycle. Should be ovulating in the next week or so, so it's about time we start getting busy. I haven't started OPKs yet but we are going to try SMEP this cycle.

9. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks for checking in. I'm still in the boring bit of my cycle, but I'll start using opks in the next few days. I'm cd8 today.

I went to see my mother and siblings this weekend. They have a new puppy now, she's so FLUFFY! I'm hoping they'll do better with this pup. It seems they're trying and the breeder is also very involved, at least they'll have some supervision this time.

I came back home late on Saturday evening, had a quiet Sunday in (yay for PJs!) and started to knit a pair of socks for a friend of mine for Christmas.

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Lily334: Thank you.

A birthday party is always exciting, especially for a 2-year-old! 😁 Toddlers are the best as they "get" stuff and are so much more excited to celebrate things.

I'll be OV-ing in the next week or so as well so I get that this is the boring part ... It is the waiting BEFORE the big wait. 😂🤣 We use SMEP. It can be a lot of BD-ING, but hey, it's absolutely worth it. 😉😂 Good luck!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Another person at the "boring" part of their cycle. (Seems to be communicable ailment at this point: "Boring cycle phasosis." *laughs*) Anyway, it sounds as though you had a lovely visit with your mother and sister! I am so glad they got another puppy. The loss of your mom's dog had taken such an emotional toll in everyone. Would you happen to know what kind of breed the puppy is?

*sighs* A day in pajamas is always nice -- so relaxing. I did not know you knit. I do as well (and crochet) but I stick with simple items like scarves and blankets. 🙄😂 I do it more to relax (destress) than to create items. I really appreciate those who can "whip up" hats, gloves, house socks, and sweaters on a whim.

12. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: It's a Bernese Mountain dog. They had one before too. They sure are cute and have a great personality, but the short lifespan, only about 6-9 years, would be a deal breaker for me.

I love to knit, but only when I don't have to! It was my least favourite thing to do when we had home economy classes in school (between ages 11 and 15), but I started to knit for fun and as a stress relief a few years later in the end of high school.
    I don't knit very much anymore, but sometimes I get inspiration from a nice yarn or want to give a gift made with love to a friend. I almost never make anything for myself though, I just can't be bothered. And when I do knit something that comes in a pair like gloves or socks, I never make them identical. It's so boring for me to make two identical things one after the other. I use the same yarn, but different patterns or same pattern but in different colours. Luckily the friends I love enough to spend my time on in that way, are as weird as I am, so they appreciate rather than mind the odd socks.

And here's the pup. Don't mind the muddy wellies and the fuzzy pic.

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I love Burmese Mountain Dogs. A mentor and friend of mine has ONLY had them. My favorite was one named Gretel. I would walk her often but it was more as though she was walking me since they grow to become HUGE (* and I am quite small framed)! What a beautiful breed ... but you are correct, the short life expectancy does make investing in one as a companion a little less of an option. Gretel was REALLY well taken care of and she lived until she was 13 years of age. But, of course, that was with EXCEPTIONAL care.

Your ideas for socks and gloves (* not matching or differing colors) seem fun! I think it is very sweet that you give them as gifts. Many people nowadays do non- ot think to give handmade wares (or "wears" in your case!) and gifts from the heart as much any more. I see a lot of people just grabbing items "on sale" and gifting them just to fulfill the need to "give something" over the holidays. Unfortunately, it has become a very impersonal and commercial time of year.

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@paranundrum: I want it! DH have threatened to get a dog our entire marriage (5 yrs) but haven’t pulled the trigger. BMD is top of our list.

AFM, still waiting for AF, but feels like she’s knocking on the door. Come on already, will ya? I want to call my RE and start planning for this next transfer cycle!

15. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I know love and care can work wonders. Before Säde we had an Irish red setter, she was nearly seventeen years old when she passed, she is still sorely missed in our family.

We have a small family and we don't give gifts just for giving gifts, everything has to have a purpose or a meaning. Every year before Christmas we have a discussion about what every one of us needs or what would make us happy. Some surprises slip in too (those are always fun), but I don't remember when I last got I gift I didn't start using right away.

16. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@yellowbeach: There's no time like the present. Go for it! In my opinion, life with a dog is so much better than without one.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: I looooooove Burmese Mountain Dogs!!! They're so FLUFFY when they're little like that! They seem to be kind of similar to St Bernards which is what I had growing up. Maybe someday when I have more land I will get another "barnyard" or Mountain dog.

@yellowbeach: My peer pressure for POAS is only rivaled by my love of dogs and opinion that everyone's life is better for having the right dog. A dog to grow up with your daughter (and anymore babies) is just the best!

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I shall rename this board,
    "NOVEMBER'S Dogs, Babies, Charts, and Sticks ... and random stuff."
    👍😉🤣
    LOVE IT!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

🏈🍂🍃NOVEMBER 2018 POAS🍃🍂🏈
    *AKA - "NOVEMBER'S Dogs, Babies, Charts, and Sticks ... and random stuff."

• LAZB: 11/2-ish
    • Megpie: 11/5 -
    • Petitduck: 11/5
    • Paranundrum: 11/5
    • Kaohinani: 11/12
    • Clementine12: 11/12
    • CreativeMomma15: 11/15
    • Mrs. K: 11/17
    • Bananasareyellow: 11/21
    • Cyoung: 11/25
    • Sams Mom: 11/28
    • Lily334: 11/30
    • Lioness21: TBD

Best of luck to all this month!

🙋‍♀️Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders for November:
    • Yellowbeach
    • Mamabear87
    • SupernovaJ
    • QBbride

* We, also, NOW have a
    🎄🎇☃️🎁DECEMBER POAS BOARD 🎁☃️🎇🎄 up and running, thanks to Sams Mom:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/december-2018-poas#post-2856043

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Over here waiting for AF like 🙄...

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: o man! I feel your pain!

22. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

So I did a stupid thing today... I am 9ish dpo and decided I'd try to test this morning. Not even a control line showed up within the 5 minute window but then a little while later the control was there and nothing else. I'm confused, feeling like I am probably not pregnant either seeing as I'm have some classic pre-AF symptoms. It just makes me cranky. I should be 5 1/2 months pregnant right now if it weren't for our miscarriage and every cycle I just feel it all over again. Sorry for the whining, but I'm stuck at work and feel stuck in this negative head space.

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@creativemomma15: Popping out from lurking to say sorry for what you're going through. TTC after miscarriage is really hard - I wasn't pregnant by my due date which really sucked (and I was barely pregnant by the date of my actual miscarriage). It gets a little easier every month. Hope you get your BFP soon!

24. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@skinnycow: Thank you It is hard. I'm not good at staying relaxed through this whole TTC thing anyway so it makes it all worse. I'm trying not to be angry because I wasn't supposed to have to go through all this again. It is SO hard. Thank you for your encouragement!

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: I'm so sorry. Seeing a BFN (even an early one) after a loss is so unbelievably difficult. Keep in mind, that you are very early and that your test seems to have been "wonky" (for lack of a better word at this time), so please, do not allow yourself to get too down. There is still hope.

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Y’all, I get way too excited about ewcm these days. I had a dream about it last night and then got really excited when I saw it this morning. I need to settle down lol

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@creativemomma15: I’m sorry, I know how you feel. I keep thinking I should be in the home stretch twice over, and yet I’m not even pregnant again yet. Miscarriage sucks for multiple reasons

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Hahaha! 🤣 I know what you mean! I get so little of it on average (due to Sjogren's syndrome) that when I DO get it, I am abnormally enthused by it!

29. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

Doctor’s appointment was a bust. He won’t test my hormones until 8 months from now minimum. He’s blaming it on breastfeeding, but I disagree for a few reasons (I was barely breastfeeding for the last two months and got pregnant when breastfeeding more frequently last time). Because I’m young and have had two healthy pregnancies he just wants to wait. He’s doing a thyroid and diabetes blood check, but I expect those to be normal.

I was considering Vitex. Any thoughts? I know you have used it @LAZB: I have been reading about that some people miscarry if using it and get pregnant. So I wondered if it would be of any benefit to just take it until ovulation? Anyway, any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated. I don’t want to mess with my system, but it seems to be pretty solidly stuck in the same time frame for ovulation and lp and af and itsn’t conducive to getting or staying pregnant should that occur and that’s why I’m so frustrated with “wait and see”. Sure, I’d wait and see, if my cycles were somewhere close to something healthy and normal seeming...sigh.

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: you use SmileReader but wondfo opks, right? It says only their opks, but not sure if it matters

31. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Neg test yesterday (day AF was due) so now I'm just waiting for AF to show up. Not surprised but still disappointed.

Silly reasons - would've been fun to announce at Christmas.

Anxiously awaiting AF now so I can have a normal cycle and a better shot in Dec!

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Whoa, my opk is SUPER close to positive, looks like another early ovulation this month. My cm wasn’t still ew when I went to the bathroom, but I am pretty sure it’s go time. Glad I tested today! It’s cd9

33. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@LAZB: Yay for the positive OPK! Get to it! and Thanks... yes it definitely does suck. I did not enjoy the whole TTC thing before and now it's an added gray cloud over it all. Instead of being hopeful for the next cycle, I just get irritated because I "shouldn't" have to be back in this.

@Petitduck: I'm sorry you had a frustrating Dr appointment!

@Clementine12: I'm sorry for your negative!

34. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you for the encouragement! I almost posted last night that I was tempted to POAS today and to have someone talk me down... I should have done that!

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: Wow! That is unbelievably frustrating! 🤬 Is there anyway to get a 2nd opinion? I had to do that with my PCM when my former OBGYN wouldn't run tests. She even ordered an ultrasound along with my bloodwork! Sometimes, it is worth it to fight for what you know ti ou need.

@LAZB: I use Smilereader OPKs (along with the app) and LOVE them. Their HPTs are 25 miu and are decent but nothing to write home about. Holy, nearly positive, Batman! Start BD-ing, mama! 😉

@Clementine12: I'm sorry you didn't receive your BFP. I do like your positivity, though. December will be the month! 🤞

@creativemomma15: Any time you need encouragement, or talk, OR someone to tell you to put down the stick (* no matter how much I like looking at 'em), I've got your back!

36. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hmmm, my opks (yes, I’ve already taken two more 🤦‍♀️) are not getting darker, so maybe my urine was just super concentrated making it seem like my lh was higher than it really was. I usually get a couple of days of ewcm before O, so it would be weird for me to just have it today.
    We bd during lunch anyway, so we are covered lol.
    Dh is starting at a new company in January where he won’t have as much flexibility for a little while, so another reason to hope to get knocked up before then!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 For a great Nov OV and a sticky Dec BFP!

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: thanks in my true obsessive nature, I tested every time I peed today after the first almost positive. It got progressively lighter, so there are three options 1. I caught my surge on its way out 2. I haven’t really surged yet 3. I’m surging now and have just had urine that is too diluted after this morning
    Times like this I wish I was temping again, but sleep is too inconsistent and it stresses me out to temp anyway.
    I guess there is a fourth option, the clomid messed with the tests, but I’ve never had that issue before, so I’m not really considering that one

39. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Whoops, here’s the picture evidence that I’m *maybe* a bit obsessed

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: You aren't kidding. It, absolutely, could be any of the stated. Hmmmm 🤔, I'm thinking #1 or #3, although #2 is still a viable possibility. Ugh 🙄, why can't catching a surge and OV-ing be easier?! 🤷‍♀️ In any case, as long as you and DH are bedding like frisky bunnies 🐰🐇, I'm certain you will be fine. 😉

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee