Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: 😬 You know too much ... πŸ‘€ *shifty eyes peeking through the blinds* πŸ‘€
    πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Joking.
    I'm sorry he is making you wait. ☹ Hmmm, πŸ€” I bet he is as perplex as you and is trying to figure out what is going on before sending a response. Fingers crossed 🀞 for a response today.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: So DH found a fortune cookie this morning. It must have fallen out of the bag from other night [onto the passenger side floor of his truck.] He handed it to me saying, "Have another fortune... You know I hate these things." So I did. I think I need to share this one with you because it is true (of my future) and, I believe, of yours and many of the ladies on here. πŸ₯ 

#KeepHopeful πŸ’•

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: awww I like it.

I don't know if it is good or bad that the portal for my hospital shows when a message has been read by a provider. I might have refreshed the page like 50 times waiting. #ivelostthemarblesallofthemarbles

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Well, you may have company in the loony bin. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I checked my cycle, and if I begin AF within the next 3 days, that brings OV around Thanksgiving. We are stuck at DH's parents then ... ALL four of us (DH, DD, DS, and me) jam packed in a room for 5 days during my fertile period! πŸ˜’πŸ˜ŸπŸ™πŸ˜«πŸ˜­ His parents will have 11 people staying in their home besides us!!! No place to DTD AT ALL! There goes the Nov-Dec cycle πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ all because DH wouldn't let me have a relaxing Turkey Day here.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: you have to pull some teenager sneaking out to run errands and get a quicky in.

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@bananasareyellow: thanks, bw was good and I'm going to do unmonitored , trying to save a little money this month. That opk looks awfully close! I bet positive today

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I wish it were that easy! Lol.

I get frustrated bc we spend every big holiday and all birthdays with them AND we visit up at their home every 2 months (* only to get stuck in the tiny room with the kids while either his sister and bil or a family friend gets the big room). They ALSO visit us frequently. Every few months just to visit (* they just stayed for over a week and during Halloween) and they stop off on their way down to and back from Florida as well. I haven't seen most of my own family since 2010! I wanted a quiet break on TD but DH voluntarily told them we'd be there (again). I could have choked him. Now, with a chance that my OV may be during that time, I REALLY don't want to go. Argh! I feel like the meanest person ever but, c'mon now: a lady only OVs once a month, right?

Absolutely venting. I apologize.

8. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@bananasareyellow: look at yours! Mine was a bit lighter today. So yesterday was a fluke I guess. It would be quite early for my body to be gearing up. I was just hopeful. Oh well. I’ll keep testing daily from now on anyway.

9. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@LAZB: Glad to hear labwork was good! Good luck this cycle!

@Petitduck: I hope you get your positive opk soon! I've had a couple false starts before with my opks - they can be fickle little things.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: A MONTH!?!? We are taking the wait and see approach since I didn't ovulate last month. I am not meant for wait and see. It is not my strong suit!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm sorry. 😟 I know this past cycle has been exceptionally difficult for you. *hugs* I shouldn't have shared my tangent ... In retrospect, it was insensitive of me to vent over something so trivial.
    Have you heard back yet? Will you call to check in?

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: You can rant all you want, I was ranting in my last post. Just because my period is MIA for the wrong reason doesn't mean it doesn't blow hard that you're packed in a room like sardines with your kids during your fertile window.

I emailed back asking if it was 4 weeks from my last pill or 4 weeks from now. Still waiting to hear back. I am not a patient person by any stretch of the imagination. And if this is one of those "good things come to those who wait" deals, I'll be happy, but might stroke out first.

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Also realized I was not clear so that's why it sounded like I was mad at you. the " A MONTH!?" was in relation to him telling me we would figure something out if it didn't start on its own in a month.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Understood. I believed you were referring to my statement of: "... a lady only OVs once a month, right?" In any case, I understand your frustration as it is a difficult situation. That and I'm not all that patient either (although one would never guess that from my willpower [* ahem, anxiety] to NOT POAS even when moderating a POAS Board - #Irony. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£) so I feel you there as well.

15. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

16. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@bananasareyellow: thank you! :). I’m hoping they actually work out for us and are useful and that that happens soon.

I really like one of the apps I downloaded to keep stuff organized.

17. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Petitduck: Oh I like that one! I've been using femometer which has a similar opk screen, but I think I'll try both this cycle and see which I like better.

18. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@bananasareyellow: I downloaded that one too, this is my favourite of the ones I downloaded. It’s premom. I also got glow and easy@home, but I think femometer and easy@home are linked because I made an account and it already had my info after I made a femometer account and added in my opk info, really weird!

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: 4 weeks from last pill, so I have until November 28 to wait and see. booo, but it's better than another week on top of that.

20. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Well. I definitely didn't keep up on this thread! I am loving the pet pics though 😊

I have had an easy time avoiding symptom spotting this month by being nauseous pretty much the entire month. Finally feeling more human. Missed seeing any fertile CM but if I did O on schedule, only BD O-3 and O. Not feeling lucky but AF is due Monday. I have one FRER and I'll put in an order for Wondfos if AF arrives.

Who has a signature dish for Thanksgiving? I have a great bread/rolls recipe and am in planning mode currentlyn

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: I like that app. It is similar to my Smilereader app!

@Sams Mom: Well, that stinks! ... but I suppose it could be worse. (* thinking positively, here) That extra week would have made it all the much worse.

@Clementine12: I'm hoping you get two beautiful lines on your FRER! 🀞 I usually make a lemon-stuffed garlic chicken πŸ— with Italian seasoned roasted red potato halves . . . Why should turkey πŸ¦ƒ and ham πŸ–get all of the glory? πŸ˜‰

22. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Kaohinani: my husband is a purist. Last year my grandparents were going to bring the turkey but cancelled morning of - you'd better believe we went and found the only fresh turkey in town at 8 a.m. Way too big for the amount of people attending and we ate hours later than planned, but he got his turkey.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Clementine12: That was my husband 10 years ago ... 🀣
    Finally, one year, I just made my special chicken and a small ham instead with sides. It was too late for him to go out and get turkey and he knew better than to try on TD so he ate what I made. A new tradition began and he is fine with it. The years I do Thanksgiving, I make my chicken with potatoes, a small ham, 5 lbs mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, green bean casserole, and mixed squash... When we go over his mom's, he gets his Turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, Italian beans, apple AND pumpkin pies, etc. He has grown to be accommodating with the years (and added pounds). πŸ˜‰

24. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: that’s why I went searching for one. Because I liked your smilereader pics.

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Not much to report over here. 9DPO and 2 of my last 3 cycles AF came on 10DPO. So we’ll see what happens tomorrow.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Reporting late bc I'm headed out to a Dr appt and then to teach.

15 dpo - HUGE temp drop on both oral and Tempdrop BBT. 2 hours later ... AF. I KNEW I wasn't pregnant. Saved myself the anxiety and HPT this cycle. Oh, well, maybe next month? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ My AF would be due on the date DH and I visit our new RE so we will see.

Best of luck , ladies! Ttyl 😘

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: argh 😀 screw you AF! πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ή December it is for us. Will you be starting the board? πŸŽ„β„οΈπŸŽ

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: noooooooooooo! I have personally been hit with the luck of finding out you’re pregnant the day before going to the re (with my dd), so hopefully that works for you too!
    @yellowbeach: holding out hope for tomorrow!

I started my clomid last night, cd4. I did cd4 when I got pregnant with dd, so I thought I’d do it again this time lol. Such a rebel not waiting for day 5!

29. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Oh no! I was hoping good news. Next time lucky, eh?

No news from me, it's only cd5, too early to start using opks.
    But I had another session of private vocal training yesterday evening and...I did all 15 minutes of it and didn't cry at all!

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

So this is interesting, I told my re the neurosurgeon gave me steroids, and she didn’t say anything about it, but did give me another round of clomid. I turned to dr google this morning to see if I need to clarify for any interactions, and everything I found seems to say if any effect, it might give me stronger ovulation. Apparently there was a study done where women who didn’t even respond to 150 dose (I respond to 50) were responding when paired with predisolone (the steroid I’m on). 44/60 women responded to this combo.
    I’m on a lower dose of clomid and higher dose of predinsolone, but interesting nonetheless.

31. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Kaohinani: Ugh! I know you took a much more relaxed approach this time (but with plenty of BD ). Still cheering you on my friend for the next cycle.

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: booooooooo! (Except that maybe we will have a shot at being due date buddies). I guess I sent the fortune cookies too soon.

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Still no period, still charting for funsies. No CM observations though because I wasn't consistent this month.I "know" I didn't ovulate when FF thinks I did because I was on meds... But I didn't test the whole time, and I think we only BD'd once maybe twice in that time frame.

34. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: boo. I also misread this initially that af HADN’T started so was confused at subsequent messages. I guess it’s good that you were temping. Didn’t have to get your hopes up quite as much. It’s wild that temping is so accurate.

I seriously hope all of us are getting pregnant as our Christmas present if not before for the people who still have to test this month.

35. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@LAZB: does it matter if it’s stronger? Like that may mean multiple or something?

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: how do you get the count down to AF part under stats?

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: It's the countdown to test, and it never tells me to test until after AF, where as some people get the "ok" to test before AF. I don't know how I got it because it's always there after I get crosshairs.

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Petitduck: I don’t think so, but better progesterone maybe, just a better start to a hopefully sticky pregnancy

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: huh interesting- it doesn’t appear for me on my charts (yet). @kaohinani: do you know what makes the count down show up?

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: @Lazb: @Paranundrum: @SupernovaJ: @Sams Mom:
    Thank you, ladies! I was hoping I'd get pregnant this cycle but it's okay. We'll keep trying. πŸ˜‰ DH and I are going to keep with the "laid back" outlook and as much BD-ing as we can muster. πŸ˜‰ IN FACT, since I should be OV-ING around Thanksgiving and we would be at his over-packed parent's home then, DH is even considering letting me have my quiet Thanksgiving at home as long as "keep him busy every morning!" πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‚ How is that for compromise?!?! ☺🀣

I'm hoping someone else will man
    the πŸŽ„πŸŽ‡πŸŽβœ΄β˜ƒοΈ December POAS β˜ƒοΈβœ΄πŸŽπŸŽ‡πŸŽ„Board while we finish out the November board. I don't think I can moderate the November AND December simultaneously while working, helping out with the PTSO during the holidays, and attending to all my appointments (rheumatologist, Pain Mgt, neurology, OBGYN, and soon, RE as well). I'm just not THAT talented. 🀣 Besides, I REALLY like being involved on the board and responding to everyone when I'm the moderator so we function as a supportive POAS "community." Unfortunately, sometimes, I can't make it happen. I know you all understand... That's why you guys are awesome! πŸ’•

Okay now onto personal responses πŸ˜‰:

1) @Yellowbeach: I agree. She's a real b#tch. Lol. Oh, and Deal ... December is ours! 🀰

2.) @Lazb: You rebel, you! 😎 I hope the Day 4 Clomid start brings you another sticky BFP. 🀞 Also, I'm hoping to have an experience like yours. What an awesome story!

3.) @paranundrum: Keeping my fingers crossed that both of us receive a BFP in DEC! 🀞 So glad that you made it through your lesson this time withOUT the tears ... I'm certain your instructor was as well. πŸ˜‰

4) @SupernovaJ: Thank you for being such an amazing cheerleader! Hoping everything is going beautifully with your little bean. 😊

5.) @Sams Mom: Stupid cookies! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
    Seriously though, I would LOVE it if we could move on from the POAS boards to the Mama boards together! Get to AF-ing, girl, so you can get to BD-ing sooner! πŸ˜‰

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee