Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: To respond to your query, yes, one can, absolutely, begin with a LH surge(or gear up with multiple surges) and never actually ovulate. Relax. If your cycles are regular, the chances of anovulation are about 1-2 cycles per year up until the age of 40. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Sams Mom: Wow, that is quite a chart! I love how organized it looks (* from one OCD organized chick to another. ๐Ÿ‘) and I am completely jealous that your handwriting is so lovely!

AFM - I realized my speech delayed son is not delayed after all ... He simply speaks Minion. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: ๐Ÿ˜‚ mine speaks minion too, and then gets any because I can't understand what he's already told me twice.

I just took the toddler bed down in my son's room ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ and set up a full size one. He's now pissed and trying to push the bed out of his room.

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Iโ€™m toying with the idea of switching from the crib to the toddler conversion kit with DD. 20 months now. How do you decide when?

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: donโ€™t do it! Cribs as long as possible!

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: he's not a mover when he sleeps, so I'm not worried about him falling out. Full disclosure, he still sleeps with us more than in his bed.

The main reason I set it up was because we had a full size mattress on a queen size bed in our guest room upstairs and between having a house full for the holidays and hopefully getting J soon, I ordered a queen size mattress for the guest room. So now we have a king downstairs, queen upstairs, and a full size in Sam's room.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I second @LAZB 's statement! My daughter was in a bed right before she was 3 and she was awesome with it although she would sneak into bed with DH and I on occasion AND she did peel paint off of her wall when we forced her to stay in her room. ๐Ÿ˜‚ DS is another story. He is nearly 4 and it is a no-go. We tried a toddler bed at 3. He kept crawling out and falling asleep EVERYWHERE else in the house and fussing for his crib. Absolutely dangerous since he is limited in his speech and has a bedroom on our 2nd floor (* master bed and office is on the 1st, kids' and guest rooms are 2nd floor, gym is entire 3rd floor). After 2-1/2 weeks (and finding him in his closet and the tub!!!), he went BACK in the crib. Mind you, my DH had gated DS in his room and DS was STILL getting out to "explore" at night!!! We are thinking of trying again after his 4th birthday.

Honestly though, it depends on the child, his/her ability to stay in bed, to not "fall out" of a bed, and how attached he/she is to his or her crib. Oh, yeah, and the size of the child. My son is little guy (almost 39 inches at nearly 4) so he isn't freakishly cramped in a crib or toddler bed. In fact, my daughter used a wooden toddler bed until right before she turned 6 when we bought her a Full.

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I turned his crib into a toddler bed when he was about 18 months old and he slept well in it (when he does). Nights my husband works Sam sleeps with me, and when my husband is off we try to get him to sleep in his own bed.

He wasn't really cramped in it even though he's a big kid ( 2 1/2 years, 40" & 36 lbs 4 oz). I'm trying to bribe him into sleeping in his own bed, let go of the crib, get our house host friendly, and the room as close to ready for J as I can w/o over committing or making decisions without her.

8. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@paranundrum: yes, it is definitely challenging to focus on other things especially during the tww!

@kaohinani: thatโ€™s very interesting and good to know, thanks for answering that if you donโ€™t mind me asking, was it easier or harder for you to conceive babies #1 and #2?

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: Both DD (10 years old) and DS (3.5) were unexpected. With DD, I was stressed with my job and DH was getting ready to head off to training for a month ... she was a one-shot deal before he left. It didn't register I wasn't ill, but rather pregnant until I was 6 weeks along!!! With DS, my DH had returned from a deployment (* he is former active duty Army; currently a reservist). My son was a "Happy Returns Baby." I found out 27 days after my husband's return home. Both DS and DD were born via csection (* minimal scar tissue) which may be part of my problem (along with my advanced maternal age) in conceiving #3, as currently, they can find absolutely nothing wrong with DH or me that would prevent us from having a baby. It's a bit of a bummer having conceived so easily twice and, now, we can't.

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Paranundrum: How are you? You have been exceptionally quiet so far this cycle ... I miss hearing from you.

11. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you for sharing. I can see how it is probably frustrating and upsetting that itโ€™s been such a challenge ttc #3 a good friend of mine conceived baby one first try and second one took over a year... which was also very unexpected for her. Two of my other friends who recently had their babies conceived within 3 months of NTNP while it took DH and I almost a full year.. itโ€™s amazing how every womanโ€™s journey is so unique. Fascinating and humbling hoping we all have better luck this cycle!!

Does anyone here use Preseed? If so, how many grams are you using at a time and what do you base that on? I was convinced the month I cenceived DS was because of it but this time around Iโ€™m a bit skeptical.

12. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: I use Preseed. I fluctuate the amount I use based on: [1] need (dryness), and [2] where I am at during my cycle (* more before OV, less during OV since I have CM, more the week after OV) which dictates #1. On average, between 1 and 3 g per romantic interlude. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š I have no clue if it will help DH and I conceive or not but it does help with any dryness due to having Sjogrenโ€™s syndrome which is an autoimmune disease that causes mucous membranes to dry up (* dry eyes, mouth, etc.), so I'll keep using it. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ‘

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. K: I used preseed for a couple cycles, I always used about half of what was recommended.

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I just use preseed like a normal lube, squeeze some on and add more if I need it lol

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Pretty dark opk this morning. Definitely not positive, but usually when itโ€™s like this I get a positive in 24 hours or so. It could be the cyst messing with me, or maybe my body is actually getting ready to O, we will see. If I actually O, it would be the earliest without clomid by a long shot.

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Iโ€™m cd 8 or 9 depending on how you count it (I started in the afternoon so didnโ€™t count cd1 until the next day )

18. lioness21

coffee bean / 25 posts

Hi ladies, I haven't posted since I roll called but I need some info, and figured that the board would be a great help.

This is TMI so please scroll ahead if you don't want to read!

I'm on CD12 and think I'm experiencing EWCM, though since it's my first cycle charting and temping, I'm not sure. I had creamy CM about 2 days ago, I didn't check yesterday and this morning when I checked my CM was stringy, slightly cloudy, stretchy and slightly brown tinged, it can be stretched between my fingers for about an inch and a half.

Please advise me bees!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@lioness21: To respond, It sounds as though your CM is highly fertile at CD 12! Such fertile CM can begin 2 or 3 days before OV and continue a day or two after OV. It increases in "stretchiness" as one becomes more fertile. The brown tinge can be a few things: (1) a pre- or ovulatory "bleed" which can be a very slight brown tinge to a daylong bleed; (2) blood from internal abrasions from BD-ing; or (3) [least likely] an infection. Time to get Baby Dancing ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‰, lady!

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Nice looking OPK ... getting close to a positive! ๐Ÿ‘A CD 10 or 11 ovulation would be perfect for this cycle. ๐Ÿคž
    Rev your engines and start the BD-ing! ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: do you think the cyst would cause early ovulation? Iโ€™ve never ovulated before cd22 without meds...

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: It possibly could. However, you could also, simply, just be having an early month this month just the same way that some months women have later cycles. A third possibility, you may gear up to OV but not actually OV until closer to CD 22. You won't know until it actually occurs, unfortunately. I'm hoping an early OV is a good sign for you, though, and leads to a sticky BFP.

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: thanks, you are the best

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB:

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Has anyone been on provera before? I'm so so so so tired! The Googles says it's a very possible side effect, but just curious about real life experience. My boobs and ovaries hurt, but I suspect that's because I'm on a period I shouldn't on too soon after Femara all while throwing progesterone at it.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: So, while I have never been on it (* you already know this because after 6 mos on the POAS boards with me you know WAAAY too much about me ๐Ÿคฃ), my cousin DID use it. We used to tease her about being "Narcoleptic" due to the fact that she would doze off hours after she woke for the day, in the middle of people speaking, AND any time she would sit to read ANYTHING (a pamphlet, her mail, a d#mn fortune cookie!). So, basically, you are totally normal and it is a crummy side effect. I'm so sorry you always seem to get ALL of the side effects. ๐Ÿ™

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've just accepted it at this point! I've been having trippy dreams the last couple nights too, which I'm also chalking up to all the hormones.

But for real! I am soooo tired all the time even after waking up and just sitting on the couch after work. It's ridiculous!

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Do you ever have cycles where you feel less positive about the prospect of TTC and conception even BEFORE ovulation? I'm sitting pretty here at CD 7 but I feel less than stellar about our chances for cycle 37. DH and I even began BD-ing this morning and I wasn't as "into it" as usual. An absolute bummer feeling. I'm trying to remain positive and I'm hoping that my feelings aren't foreshadowing that this will be another failed month of TTC. #DoryKnowsBestJustKeepSwimmingTTCRule

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I have 100% had those cycles! Last month was one of them, but I've felt that way on others that although they failed, weren't such spectacular failures as last month either.

I don't think that just because you're not feeling it means it is destined to failure; there are always the "I had given up, then got pregnant" stories out there. Fingers and everything else crossed for you as usual!

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you ... I just needed to know I'm not completely crazy for feeling this way. I'm not being pessimistic, per say, rather, I think I'm just beginning to feel the months add up and I'm being realistic about my chances at this point. Still forever hopeful but with each passing month, a tiny bit jaded. Thank you for the commiseration.

31. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Ok, I believe we can call it, I canโ€™t believe it. This is positive, but I guess Iโ€™ll keep testing to see if I get another surge later. I usually start progesterone at 3 dpo, but guess I canโ€™t this time? Iโ€™ll email my doc

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: that definitely looks positive!

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Wow, that was quick! Nice bold lines so, I'd assume you'd OV within the next 18-36 hours (average). Hopefully, a nice strong OV for a BFP. ๐Ÿคž

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: @Kaohinani: crazy, right? Iโ€™ve had lots of ewcm too, so Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s the real deal. Isnโ€™t it not great to ovulate so early?

35. lioness21

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you, we did twice yesterday! Will keep checking and see how it changes.

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: you're not terribly early, especially if you're more on the 24-36 hours from surge to O.

37. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Hi! I'm doing fine, thank you for asking. I'm just waiting for OV, it should happen soon now. OPK last night was not positive yet, but getting there.

I've had a tough time at work for the past few weeks, it might end up with me needing to change jobs. I'd rather stay, but I'm not willing to take on more responsibility without a pay rise, so that's one hard conversation I have to have with my boss in the near future. Most of my (mental) energy has gone to tackling that issue right now.

I had a nice weekend though. I went to visit my mother and siblings at the country side. I got to take my pup with me as they don't have a dog anymore. Sรคde is a very anxious dog, she doesn't like other animals, she doesn't like or trust children and is cautious with adults too. I have four siblings. The youngest is six and the oldest will be twelve in a week. I was not sure how that would play out, but I wanted to try anyway.
    It was a success, nobody lost any limbs!
    We got to take nice long walks in the woods and play outside whenever. Sรคde was even fine with the kids after she had a bit of time to adjust to the situation.

I added a pic of one of our walks, I had to put my sister's safety vest on her as a precaution, it was hunting season.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: What a lovely visit you described! I'm so glad Sade was able to put her anxiety aside and enjoy the trip as well ... and that no one lost any limbs. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ She is such a beautiful dog. I do get a kick out of the vest. She doesn't look bothered by it at all. Neither one of my pups would keep any sort of clothing on for very long -- Pililani freezes in place and turns into a grumpy canine statue, while Luna tries to chew any garments off of herself! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ They are pathetic.

I am sorry to read about your troubles at work. You are far above working with extra responsibilities without receiving compensation for your time and energy. I hope your boss sees your worth and agrees to your terms. If not, I'm certain you will find something of equal or greater value financially that will, perhaps, be more fulfilling as a career. ๐Ÿคž

As for me, I, too, am waiting to OV. I am on CD 8 and, generally, on unmedicated cycles, I find I OV between CD 9 and 12. I have been peeing on OPKs left and right hoping I don't miss my LH surge since mine are so short. DH and I even began BD-ing already. Some good news though, we go to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) on December 5th to see if he can help. DH and I have also decided that we will only be "agressively" working towards #3 until April 2019 as is will be 3 years and 2 mos by then. Then it is NTNP and no medical help (ART such as ICI or IUI which is as far as DH wants to go at the moment).

* Wow, I wrote a lot! I apologize for the novella! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Sรคde wouldn't mind clothes, her collar or harness if they would magically appear on her. She hates the moment of putting them on though. She lays down, goes limp and melts into a puddle of pup that weighs at least a ton and is nearly impossible to lift off of the floor. Pretty annoying in the morning rush to get ready for work.
    She has no problem when it's already on. She doesn't need any clothes on a day-to-day basis, but she has a coat I sewed for her for really cold weather.

Thanks. I think the universe sent me a sign about that already, a friend of mine contacted me last week about an opening in the company he works for and told me to send a CV, I had thought to ask if there might be a spot there for me just two days before. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.
    I'm a coward though, it's always so hard for me to make changes even if they are for the better.

I hope you get a BFP soon, it's been such a long time. I'm glad you have the next step ready for you. Maybe Mr.Murphy will finally help you out and you'll get those stripes before your appointment.

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: hope so! I had an even darker opk this morning, glad we started bding this weekend.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee