Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2012 babies chat

1. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@hellobeeboston: I think we're going to do the same thing with the transition to the crib. We put him in there last night and he slept I think an hour. Just now he lasted 40 minutes. this happened when we moved him to the pack and play too tho. The stretches kept getting longer and longer. Although we've never made it a full night with out moving him to his bouncy chair. Hopefully the transition goes smoothly for you.

@hilsy85: that stinks about the house.

@Jennimac: congrats again! I did two, birth announcement and Xmas card. My newborn photog took longer than expected to get us the photos so they ended up only going out a week apart. Probably shoud have saved myself the postage and sent them in the same envelope. Oh well tho. You can save yourself some time and get all the addresses ready. You could even get them ready to print on labels. Much quicker than hand writing every encelope.

@Beebug: hope C starts feelin better soon! Poor baby.

@MrsRcCar: ah, yeah working is tough. That's great that u have your mom watching him! That's so awesome that you will make pumping to 6 months! Sorry about the sinus infection tho. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. Good luck with transitioning to the crib!

You guys. I don't know what to do about A's sleep. Maybe we are now in the 4 month sleep regression only a month late tho? He used to sleep from 7 pm- 4/5am and then go down again until 6:30/7 am. Sometimes he'd wake at 1 am and I'd feed him. Now he'll go to sleep at 7:30 pm and then wake an hour later. DH will go soothe him back down. Then he'll wake again around 11 pm, 1 am, 4:30 am, and up for the day by 6:30 am. Sometimes he's been up even more than that. Last couple of nights it seemed like he was ready to be up for the day at 4:30 am. I fed him and he was cooing and kicking around and wide awake. We've had to resort back to turning the vacuum on again to get him back to sleep. We sure were spoiled when he would sleep 10-11 hour stretches at night. Ok sorry for my long rant.

2. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Jennimac: yay! Congrats!! We didn't end up doing holiday cards and just did birth announcements. I initially didn't want to combine them, but it probably would have been smart, ESP if you have a mid/late oct baby...if you get pro pics done, by the time they are ready it's mid November, so combo cards make sense.

Night 2 of sleep training was ok...he went down pretty easy, woke twice during the night but was easily soothed, and I fed him once. Then he was up at 545...we did checks over an hour, and he fell back asleep at 645 for 30min. I guess I could have gotten him up for the day at 545 but he still seemed tired...

We are also now doing nap training, which I think is even worse that night time training. Now that we're no longer swaddling,he won't stay asleep if we rock him and put him in his crib...so it just took an hour to get him to godown for his first nap. I couldn't handle watching him on the monitor so I sat in his room with him and eventually patted him on the tummy which actually worked. It is brutal though...he is hoarse today from crying and I feel like such a crappy mama I also really wish we could have waited til 6 months, he's only 5 months tomorrow. Someone tell me it's worth it to help him learn to sleep better!!!

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrskc: aw oh no:( does he go back down easily when he wakes? Our LO was screaming no matter if were holding him or not, which was awful.

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MrsRcCar: that is so awesome that you've made it 6 months of pumping!! Seriously such an accomplishment. And Hawaii in oct!! That'll be so nice, I'm jealous.

5. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

C is feeling so much better! Snot/discharge has really let off and she is pretty much back to her usual self. I had huge anxiety issues last night and was up from her midnight waking and fell asleep I think moments before she woke again around 4, so I am running on empty today.....figures I ran 7.3km today, my longest run so far, I better sleep well tonight.

I am bummed about DH going back to work tomorrow, so nice having him home.

Starting to look at planning our days for the Spring, going to do a library program, early years centre program, infant massage, stroller fit, and maayyybe swimming, I know C would love it, but I'm not sure I could handle a bathing suit yet.

We will see how tonight goes, her last nap was a belly nap, and her breathing sounds normal and not congested now which is such an improvement. DH is giving her a bath now, my body is seizing up as a sit in a chair here, sore already!

6. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

PS I found out I'm going to be an Aunt (again)!! My other SIL and BIL are due end of Sept!!! We just found out yesterday and I am so thrilled for them. We were sure when we visited them over Christmas they would be preggo soon, and so happy they are! Another scenario where the distance between them sucks (across country) but of course that would mean closer to MIL, and noooo thank-you.

7. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Beebug: good for you on the run! And glad C is feeling better.

L came down with his first cold! So sad He has a cough and a stuffy/runny nose. Last night he kept waking himself up coughing--I feel so bad. Luckily he doesn't seem to be in too much discomfort.

He also has the beginnings of a tooth peeking out from his gum. Very exciting. But talk about feeilng like a shitty mama--I attempted sleep training while he was coming down with a cold and teething. I feel terrible and am swearing off any type of sleep training involving crying for now. We are actually doing pretty well with naps--I've figured out a method that involves no crying and gets him to fall asleep on his own. We'll see if that translates to MOTN wakeups (he's still going down well intially thank goodness).

We also had our 5 month weight check; he was 13lbs 12oz, although this was before I nursed him. After I nursed him he was 14lbs (with a onesie on). So he's gained a little less than a pound in a month, which is pretty slow. The pedi said we could either start supplementing with formula, or start solids. So we are going to start solids. A bit earlier than I initially wanted to, but I figure we'll give it a try. She didn't seem terribly worried about his weight, so we'll keep solids just for fun, not push them on him or anything. She was pretty in favor of starting with oatmeal or rice cereal, so I picked up some oatmeal today and we'll probably start this weekend. I'm excited! Although not excited for solid food poops, lol.

8. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@hilsy85: Sorry to hear that L has a cold! I think we took a few steps back with C. Sunday she seemed fine, and yesterday and today more she is all booger nosed and coughing again. Argh.

She is currently napping like a champ, I should be too.

My nights are awful. DH woke C by accident (took off her hat from bath) around midnight (she'd been sleeping since 7 with it on) and since he needed to get to bed, I took over and once I got her settled and back down, I was up for 3 1/2 hours, this insomnia, anxiety, whatever it is....going to be the death of me. C slept great the rest of the night thankfully. Needed soother 3x between 5:30 and 6, then slept until 7:30.

9. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@hilsy85: Poor baby. I hope he feels better soon. And wow a tooth! I keep thinking A is going to sprout one, but nothing yet. Sorry the weight gain wasn't what you had hoped. I thought it was pretty normal for weight gain to slow around this age? A little less than a pound doesn't seem bad. Have fun with feeding him oatmeal!

@Beebug: Congrats on expecting another niece/nephew!!! hope C feels better soon! Sorry you had a rough night.

A's sleep has improved this week. Thank goodness. We started putting down at his normal 7 pm instead of closer to 8 pm and he's been sleeping so much better. I also think maybe he was going thru a wonder week or something. Now he'll wake once before 3 am and my DH can soothe him back pretty quickly and he'll nurse around 4 am and then back to sleep until 6:30ish.

10. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@mrskc: Good to hear sleep is getting better for you, I hope we join you in that dept soon!

We tried CIO for her two naps so far today. Our first nap of the morning is pretty exact in terms of routine with our morning so I felt comfortable trying CIO knowing she was "ready" to do nothing else but sleep! 11-12 mins of crying and then it was like a lightswitch, out she went. Second nap, 1 whole minute!!!!

So I wasn't going to start until tomorrow night but it seems silly to give her paci to her tonight now, so I think tonight's the night, eeep!

Here is a pic from our lil photoshoot today....

11. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@Beebug: She is so stinking cute!

I feel so behind in this thread.

Is anyone else's LOs on the move? A has been a little rolling maniac. She had zero interest in trying to crawl but rolls to get where she wants to go. It is so funny to watch but now she cannot be left unattended on the floor at all.

12. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mrs.B: Rolling both ways? So cool!!

C hasn't gone both ways yet and going back to belly is thankfully so much less cool than it was last week and she's rolling less, which is a break in the sleep dept!

She is trying to get her knees up under her when she is on her belly, but just not strong or co-ordinated enough yet, bahhh I don't even want to think about her crawling, insanity, they're all growing too fast!!!

13. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mrs.B: Maybe time for new thread so fresh start and you (and I think other Oct Mama's) don't feel behind?

14. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@Beebug: Yes rolling both ways! When I put her down and walk away she follows me rolling lol.

A new thread would be great!

I forgot to mention A finally got het 2 front teeth

15. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mrs.B: Ahhh you Momma's with babies with teeth! Now that is something I am excited for, front teeth esp, so, so cute!

16. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Hokay, so CIO night #1 was a success!!!

Went to bed at 7:30 (late for her, which was dangerous but I think I was feeling pre-guilty so wanted to snuggle with her more).

By 7:36 she was out.

I went to bed 10pm, at 3:50 I woke (and thought, OMG!!!) and like 2 mins later she woke, so I fed and changed her. She took about half hour to really be asleep, she was asleep twice within that half hour but woke herself, and then 7:34am she was awake. I reallllllly think last night was a fluke. How on earth did she only wake the once the night I take the paci away?

I just put her down for nap and she took 6 minutes and I can currently hear her snoring on the monitor. If last night was a fluke that's fine but I feel human again and it is awesome.

17. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee