blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

October 2015 Mamas
    September 27: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: Mrs. Pickle (IF #1)
    October 8: 2littlepumpkins (#2)
    October 9: cranberry (#2), renee0106 (#1), 2littlepumpkins (#2)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 12: treytonsmom2011 (#2)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1), shellio (#3)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2), JustJules (#1), babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2), bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins)
    October 17: mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: Bea (#1)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2)
    October 25: Willow (#1)
    October 27: Mamabolt (#2)
    October 28: Snickers (#2)
    November 2: birdofafeather (#2)

2. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: My date changed to the 15 Please and thank you!

3. Mrs. Pickle

@babycanuck: fixed!

4. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@mrsjenbug: That's interesting! DH and I are young and we don't have any family history of genetic disorders, so I'm really leaning towards not doing it.

We announced on Facebook today! A little earlier than we had originally planned, but we didn't really see a reason to wait. So much fun!

5. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@jodyblair: yeah, I have several friends that are MFMs (perinatologists) or are in fellowship (I'm in the field) and none of them had the tests if they weren't at risk (and neither did their wives)...I just know that a positive would throw me for a loop! I'm only doing it if something comes back abnormal or if I have anything on ultrasound.

6. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: My OBs been using 10/7. (I'm listed on both 8 and 9 lol) I don't know if it's too late to change now but if you can, it would be much appreciated!

@jodyblair: Sorry about the NT scan!

@mrsjenbug: Interesting about the tests... I don't really understand how they all work but I did do the NT and the blood test that my dr does with that, so I guess I'll be relying on those results. I'm honestly not that sure of how accurate they are though since they just give a probability right?

7. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

So I had the worst pain last night. It was right behind my bellybutton and super bad, I was almost in tears. I think I stood up too fast though and it was a muscle because it hurt more as I tried to stand straight or lay down. It went away after a few minutes and no cramping or bleeding happened. So I'm going to call if it happens again but I do have an appointment Monday so I'll definitely ask then. It appears it could be round ligament pain? But it also seems early and I didn't have a ton of that the first time. So hopefully that's a one time thing and the doctor will have answers. I'm definitely resting more today though.

8. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: Ouch! I've been having weird pains hat my OB thinks are round ligament pain for several weeks, so I guess they can be early? Maybe it's something about the second time around?

9. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Maybe! I've always heard you feel everything earlier and it seems worse so it's possible. It definitely caught me off guard and was pretty scary.

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I just realized... I'm 14 weeks today, 2nd trimester! My worry level has gone down a tiny bit.

11. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Finally got our results!! baby is healthy and perfect and a GIRL!!! Truly so shocked, I thought for sure it was a boy. I did have like 5 dreams last night that it was a girl though...

12. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: ahhhhhhhh!!!!! so exciting!! congrats!! i clicked seeing that you posted, while thinking, if she's not posting the sex, she has to stop posting on here until she gets the news!

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hilsy85: YAY! Congrats on a healthy girl!!

14. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: My date changed to October 6.

15. Mrs. Pickle

@hilsy85: yay!! Congrats!

16. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yayyy!! I had a feeling you were having a girl! Congrats! One of each!

17. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hilsy85: Congratulations!

18. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@hilsy85: yay!!!!

19. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@hilsy85: CONGRATS! That's wonderful news!

20. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Thank you all!! I am super excited, but also weirdly kind of sad that LO won't have a brother (for now anyway). But I'm sure shopping for baby girl clothes will cure me of that

21. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@hilsy85: Yay!!! Congrats! So exciting

22. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I felt similarly that DD wouldn't have a sister, at least close in age if at all, but it didn't last long I honestly think it'll be better, my niece is 4 and DD and her get along great for the most part but omg, they fight like cats and dogs sometimes and just are constantly fighting over the same toys, etc, lots of drama!

23. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: yes, very true--especially with birthdays so close together, another boy would have maybe seemed like a lot of competition. Plus, we want 3 so maybe #3 will be a boy!

24. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@hilsy85: hooray! I knew it!!! You will love having both I'm sure. I know I do.

25. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@BelugaBean: That sounds so painful! I have heard round ligament pain can be more intense with subsequent pregnancies.
    @hilsy85: Congrats!! Seeing all of y'all finding out the sex makes me so impatient

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

October 2015 Mamas
    September 27: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: Mrs. Pickle (IF #1), renee0106 (#1)
    October 7: 2littlepumpkins (#2)
    October 9: cranberry (#2)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 12: treytonsmom2011 (#2)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1), shellio (#3)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2) , JustJules (#1), babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2), bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins)
    October 17: mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: Bea (#1)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2)
    October 25: Willow (#1)
    October 27: Mamabolt (#2)
    October 28: Snickers (#2)
    November 2: birdofafeather (#2)

27. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@hilsy85: have been stalking! Soooo exciting that you are having a little girl!!!

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @jodyblair: @SleepyMonkey: thanks guys!!

29. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@hilsy85: Yay, congrats! Took them long enough!

I got our genetic screening results this week and everything was normal, such a relief! With that, and now that I'm 13 weeks, we have felt comfortable starting to tell people so I told my mom and one coworker. We decided to do cupcakes for our gender reveal, and the baker has the gender info and will bake them for us next week! We also told my 3 year old this week and he asked if the baby got there from all the food I eat. He told us he likes sisters (not that he knows, ha ha) so one more vote for girl!

@mrsjenbug: What do you do? Just curious! I'm an anesthesiologist.

30. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@shellio: wait, you have the results but aren't finding out what they are til next week? Major willpower! And yay for good genetic results!

31. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@shellio: i'm also waiting until next week's appt to start talking to our 2 year old about it.

i'm curious other people's toddlers reactions. i don't think she'll get it right away, but i'd love to hear other experiences!

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@shellio: eeek exciting! You have lots of will power!

@birdofafeather: our DD hasn't really expressed much interest. We ask if she's excited to be a big sister and then she gets mad when I say there's a baby in my belly, bc she wants the baby in her belly, ha

33. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: L was kind of non reactive about it, lol. He gets excited when we get excited about it.

34. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@birdofafeather: Our 2 year old has been really cute about it. He calls the baby "baby Cheerio" and when we ask if he wants a brother or a sister, he always says he wants a sister. He's on mommy's team We brought him to our first ultrasound and ever since then he talks about seeing baby cheerio on the tv. He definitely doesn't get it though and I'm very interested to see how he transitions once the baby is here. He loves babies and is very interested in them, but I know it will be different once it's his own sibling living with us!

35. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@birdofafeather: @NovBaby1112: My 3 year old is excited but it is still so far away at this point. He will talk about it with us when we bring it up, my sister had a baby 3 mos ago and he is in love with his baby cousin so I think he's looking forward to having one of those around all the time for his cuddling enjoyment. He was 22 mos when we brought home baby bro so he doesn't remember or anything and didn't have any trouble adjusting the first time, he is really loving and really loved his brother from the start.

@hilsy85: I would really not mind waiting even longer! With the first two I was dying to know but this time the wait doesn't bother me as much, maybe because I have so little time to even think about it with two kids and work! Not that I'm not excited, I guess I'm just enjoying the anticipation and now that the genetic screen results are good, it is allowing me to enjoy it even more. Listen to this - they are mailing us the results and we will probably get them today so all we would have to do is open it and the wait would be over! I will have to hide that envelope to keep DH from opening it or trying to see through

36. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

I am soo behind on here...
    @NovBaby1112: @hilsy85: thank you! and congrats to you both on finding out the gender already- how exciting!

37. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

Hi ladies, I'll be leaving you. Had 11 week appt today and doc couldn't find HB and follow up US showed the same, so lost baby sometime in last week since we had a HB then. Wishing you all healthy and happy pregnancies.

38. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@mamabolt: I'm so sorry for your loss.

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mamabolt: I'm so sorry for your loss.

40. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@mamabolt: I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee