blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@mrsjenbug: congrats!!

5. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrsjenbug: congrats!!!

6. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@mrsjenbug: congrats!

I'm so excited. I wasn't sure what movement would feel like and for the past month I thought I might have been feeling what could be movement. but I think I was wrong about it. In the last week I finally feel flutters and what feels like gas bubbles in my stomach all the time, so I think now I'm finally feeling something! I can't wait for DH to be able to feel it too.

7. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrsjenbug: congrats!!

8. Mrs. Pickle

I had my anatomy scan today. Everything looked great with the baby and she's still a girl. My doctor did tell me that I would be getting monthly growth ultrasounds, but didn't mention why. I also got a prescription for the TDap vaccine and hospital registration info. I feel like time is going to go by much faster now!

Does anyone else have to go for monthly scans?

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: not monthly but I have "at least two more" to go. I haven't seen my new doctor though so that could change.

10. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: hm I wonder why! I have my detailed anatomy scan in early June, and then assuming every thing is ok, I have a detailed growth U/s at 32 weeks. Although actually my OB does a quick U/S at every appt, and can get measurments of the head, etc then, so maybe that's the same thing? It's standard at her office.

More looks at the baby are always fun though

11. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Had my anatomy today, but they couldn't determine gender and also couldn't see some stuff they needed to so I will have to go back because one thing they need another look at is the heart and some other body parts they couldn't see. They didn't say if everything was good or not; I feel like I get crappy ultrasound techs who aren't very reassuring. The baby looks like a real live baby though and I'm halfway so those things are good at least!

12. Mrs. Pickle

October 2015 Mamas
    September 27: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 2: meghanml (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: Mrs. Pickle (IF #1) , renee0106 (#1)
    October 7: 2littlepumpkins (#2) , Mrs. Goose (#1)
    October 9: cranberry (#2) , Gerijeni (#1)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 12: treytonsmom2011 (#2)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1) , shellio (#3)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2) , JustJules (#1), babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2) , bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins) &
    October 17: mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: Bea (#1)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3), akcd (#1)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2) , Willow (#1)
    October 28: Snickers (#2)
    November 2: birdofafeather (#2)

13. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Goose: that sounds really frustrating!

14. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: It was. They made me go walk around to try and get the baby to move / flip, but I guess it's just super lazy and comfy. I also hadn't eaten in 4 hours because I felt queasy from nerves so she suggested I eat next time. My friend suggested I drink juice because she had something similar happen to her and had to go for a repeat a few weeks later because they couldn't get a good view of the heart.

And I even told her I was quite nervous beforehand...but she didn't really say a lot.

15. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Mrs. Goose: That's so disappointing! I would definitely eat something and maybe drink some juice next time to get that baby wiggling. Our ultrasound tech recommended that before we had our elective gender scan. It really seemed to make the baby active!

16. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Goose: ugh boo! I have also heard that juice or something sugary can help. Based on the fact that we have been almost evenly split, I am guessing you are having a girl

17. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@mrsjenbug: Congrats on your boy!!!

@Mrs. Pickle: no monthly scans here but I do have one at 32w to check growth

@Mrs. Goose: what a bummer!! Hoping next time you have a better UStech and also get some good shots so you can find out!

I feel like I'm going crazy ladies- I haven't been able to sleep in literally 3 nights. Insomnia is in full force and it's just awful. I just lay there all night and even though I am absolutely exhausted, my brain isn't shutting off and I haven't been able to sleep- in 3 nights!!! I'm really praying tonight I can sleep. I think part of it was due to a huge event I was planning for wirk and that's passed now, so just hoping tonight goes better!

18. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

Thank you guys so much! We are excited! I'm a little nervous about how different I am sure it is to have a boy

19. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

we had our anatomy scan the other day. everything looked good, and we are having a BOY!

since this is my first, now that I know the gender it has become much more real to be- not as abstract.

20. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@justjules: congrats on your boy!!! I agree, it feels more real knowing the gender for some reason. (I don't know how the other 2nd/3rd time moms feel but I still feel that way with my second.)

21. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@mrsjenbug: @justjules: congratulations on your boys!!!

I also agree it feels much more real!

22. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@justjules: yay congrats!!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Anyone else go shopping this holiday weekend? There was soooo much on sale at baby gap. Also went to a few other places. Little boy clothes are harder to shop for but there are some really cute options out there!!

24. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@justjules: congrats on your

@2littlepumpkins: I went to Baby-r-us and Buy buy baby for the first time. I wanted to finish our registry but I was light headed. It was good having DH there. I think we are a bit closer to deciding our nursery theme. We were thinking coral, green, navy blue and gray and picking the coral color for the girl and green for boy, but going to the baby stores made me realize coral is not a standard color. So DH and I decided to go with lavender for the girl color. I'll definitely need to go back soon.

25. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: I like lavender too! There will probably be no shortage of pink in your daughters life anyway. I think we have a buy buy baby somewhere in the area but since it's not really close to me I've never been!

26. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@justjules: congrats!!

@bluestriped bee: those colours sound nice! I can't wait to see your room all set up.

We painted DDs room this weekend, I can't wait to get it all set up! Our nursery is neutral so I won't need to make any changes there.

Other than that things are pretty quiet here...hard to believe the first half of this pregnancy is over!

27. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

We had our scan this morning and it's a boy! Everything else looked great except my placenta is a little low so I have to go back between 28-30 weeks to see if it moved up.

I feel like this pregnancy is flying by, and October will be here in a second!

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@JessKas: yay! Another boy, they have caught up I think!

@bluestriped bee: those colors sound great! I have found some coral and navy bedding, and lots of stuff on etsy.

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@2littlepumpkins: so many cute options! I just went through all DS's 0-6 month clothes and found so many cute things that I wish I could use again. I think I am going to sell a bunch of stuff though!! I went a little clothes crazy with LO1

30. Mrs. Pickle

@justjules: @JessKas: congrats on your boys!!

31. Mrs. Pickle

@2littlepumpkins: I bought myself three maternity tops this weekend, but nothing for baby. I'm trying to hold out since I don't know how big she'll be or which season she'll wear each size. It's so hard!

32. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@2littlepumpkins: It feels more real to me too after finding out the gender, and I'm a 2nd time mom as well. It helps me better imagine the baby and what things will be like after they are born. I have trouble making plans for anything- including a name or the nursery- until after I know if it's a boy or a girl.

@bluestriped bee: For DD1's room we did lavender and yellow. I liked that the lavender looks feminine, but that it's not pink. I am considering pink for this LO's room though- maybe pink/orange or pink/blue. Not sure yet though.

@JessKas: Congrats on the little boy! I agree that this pregnancy is going by fast now. I'm thinking it might help that the next few months are summer months- I always feel like summer goes by quicker for me than winter and spring.

33. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@JessKas: congratulations!!!!

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@JessKas: congrats on your healthy baby boy!!

@hilsy85: we are in the opposite situation- we just donated all the itty bitty baby girl stuff! I can't believe my daughter was really ever that small!

35. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@justjules: @JessKas: congrats on your boys!!

@hilsy85: ummm let me know if you decide to sell some of your boy clothes!! Your little man has such great style!

I have a feeling this summer is going to fly by- can't believe 21 weeks are already done!

36. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I agree that this pregnancy is flying by! With DS1 I felt like the weeks just crawled.

Anatomy scan tomorrow! DH can't come with me and I'm getting a little nervous...we didn't do any genetic screening like we did last time and I'm just anxious to hear that everything looks good.

37. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jodyblair: So exciting! My dh missed a couple ultrasounds (2/4) my last pregnancy, and the tech let me take a quick video. Keep us posted!

38. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@2littlepumpkins: That's a good idea! I'll ask if I can take a quick video for him. Thanks! As awesome as the pictures are, it's so much fun to see the baby wiggling and moving around.

39. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

So 20 weeks, haven't felt any movement yet and anatomy scan on Thursday. Also booked myself a pregnancy massage for afterward since I can't sleep properly.

Anyone else not feeling baby yet?

40. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@hilsy85: @Mrs. Pickle: @cranberry: @Bea: @NovBaby1112: Thanks!!

@2littlepumpkins: thanks! I just packed up all our girl clothes too. SO TINY! Makes my 21 month old look massive in comparison.

@jodyblair: good luck tomorrow!

@babycanuck: I didn't feel movement with my first until after 20 weeks.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee