Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: @bluestriped bee: Have fabulous trips!

I am going to Italy in three weeks for a family wedding.

@2littlepumpkins: @Rainbow Sprinkles: Also looking forward to reaching that viability spot!

My mum and sister surprised us last weekend while we were our of town by painting our nursery and putting the crib and dresser they painted grey in there too. I cried everywhere. It was lovely and feels much more real now.

2. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Italy! So amazing, have a great time.

We have our 21 week anatomy scan today--excited to see baby girl again! I feel like I alternately get comments from people about how small I am, or about how I really look pregnant now I also think we found a glider for the nursery--in case anyone is looking, I think we will go with this: http://www.dutailier.com/single/?id=427&mod=180&ser=101&fi1=79&tis=3138&col=1

It is a glider and a recliner, and can have an ottoman as well. Kind of the best of both worlds! I think when we get back from our CA/WA trip in July we will also order LO's toddler bed (gulp!).

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad your scan went well! Did they confirm one boy one girl? Have a great trip!

4. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: @2littlepumpkins: @Mrs. Goose: So there is a hurricane headed towards Cabo. (Hurricane season is supposed to start July/August.) They say it's supposed to weaken by the time it gets closer to land and be rain for us. I was debating about what to do. Well, we are at the airport and there are others on the plane going to Cabo. Let's hope the sun comes out after all the rain.

@hilsy85: Yup, they confirmed we have g/b twins!

5. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

Jealous of all these trips! Hope you all have a blast

@hilsy85: hope your appointment goes well!!!

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Bea: thanks! everything looked great, baby measured right on track at 14oz. No good pics of her as she had her fists in front of her face the whole time.

7. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: Love that glider! We just bought a similar one, it's a glider/recliner and it is AWESOME...I'm enjoying it so much more than the rocking chair we had with DD

@bluestriped bee: I hope you have good weather and the hurricane doesn't hit !

Things are quiet here...lots of apts coming up, my regular month checkup, my glucose test and another ultrasound to get the pics they couldn't get the first time. I also only have 2 weeks of work left, then I am off until Sept 2016! It's hard to believe. I am looking forward to having this summer with DD and getting a few things done before baby comes . Hope you are all well!

8. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@hilsy85: The glider looks lovely! I like that it's made in Canada too!

@Charm54: When does the glucose test typically get done? And do you get warning? I wonder if they'll do it at my next appointment, but I haven't heard anything so I guess they'll wait until around my 28 week one-wow which sounds far off!-6 weeks away.

I am counting down work days too, 11 days! Then also off until September with a small amount of childcare work sprinkled throughout the summer for a family friend. But I'll be back at work in September this year for a few weeks.

9. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

Sorry I am so behind! Got back from our babymoon in Cozumel! So relaxing! I was nervous being in the heat but I stayed hydrated and in the ocean a lot to cool down. Had my 21 week appt on Wednesday and heartbeat sounded good. I've gained 7 lbs so far, but I feel like I've gained 50 lol. Also, started really trying to keep sleeping on my sides now (I'm a back sleeper) and I'm doing terrible... my hips are KILLING me. I added a pillow between my legs but my left hip is just so uncomfortable today... I pulled the trigger and ordered a snoogle... I pray it helps cause I still have halfway to go lol! We have a cardio ultrasound next Wednesday which I guess is standard for IVF babies..

10. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@hilsy85: mine had his in front of his face at my anatomy scan too!

@Mrs. Goose: sorry to butt in! my glucose testing will be at my next appointment-I will be 25 weeks then. They gave me my glucola drink to take home at my last appointment and said I will need to fast two hours, drink it, then come in to get my blood drawn exactly an hour after finishing it and my doctor will give me my results at my appointment that day. They just told me to get there 15 minutes before my regular appointment to get my blood drawn. My instruction sheet said that my clinic requires the glucose test to be done between 24 and 28 weeks.

So jealous of these summers off! Enjoy!!

11. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Bea: Good to know!

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Had my anatomy scan this morning and everything looks great. Found out baby is a girl! Super excited! Also found out I get to do a 24 hour urine collection since my BP is always high at the doctors office, I've been monitoring at home and it's fine but my doc just wants documentation in case I have to get checked at l&d at any point. The upside is I get to see baby on ultrasound at every appointment now so that's cool.
    Everyone's baby moons sounds so fun! Hope the weather holds!

13. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: My hospital does it around 24 weeks...it's a separate apt from my regular monthly check up...I go get blood drawn, drink the gross drink, then more blood. I don't have to fast or anything which is nice. I got a letter in the mail so I knew when to go and what to expect.

@natalie403: you will NOT regret the snoogle!! It is my best friend during pregnancy .

Cozumel sounds amazing!! Dh and I went to Mexico on a babymoon with DD and it was glorious. This time around we are going to have to be more low key, thinking either Quebec City, Bar Harbor or Prince Edward Island. we are going in two weeks so we have to decide soon!

14. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@MamaBear87: congrats on your baby girl!!!

15. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: I would love to go to PEI. I'm hoping maybe we can do a maritime trip as a little family next year summer ish.

16. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: its a beautiful spot, well worth the trip! Dh and I hope to retire there someday

17. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Charm54: Snoogle came in yesterday!! So far so good... hips feel better today!! Though when I got up my dog stole it lol!! Cozumel was definitely beautiful! I have heard wonderful things about Bar Harbor! (I'm in new england so I hear people going there a lot! )

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MamaBear87: congrats on your girl!

Hope all the trips are going well... Hoping it's milk and passes quickly re: the storm..

We now have a changing table (more for storage than changing) and ordered the joovy qool off of amazon last night. It seemed like a good compromise between price, features, and quality. Plus I have time to return it if I don't like it. I have a huge list of stuff we need (no shower, baby 2) and its a little overwhelming but hopefully I can find some good deals. I saw the other OB and really liked her so I may switch after all. She actually recommended not breastfeeding (unless I felt very strongly about it which I honestly don't, although I'd prefer to try) which I was somewhat surprised about.

19. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm starting to want to buy stuff now. I was going to try to hold off until after we get back in July. It's good you liked the other OB, I think that's important. I''ll meet the other midwife on my little team this week.

Does anyone else have some difficulty making it through the night without eating or drinking? I woke up this morning with tummy pain and I thought it was acid so I ate a tums, drank some water, and sat up in bed which helped a bit. Then I ate some pretzels I still had by the bed from months ago and my stomach was growling so loudly. I was tired and didn't want to get up so I drank some more water and finally got up and stuffed my face. Stomach pain gone. I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and I didn't drink any water for two hours and my stomach started cramping up quite painfully and then I drank 3 bottles of water and ate some crackers and it went away. Really weird.

20. BSB

So we are still on our baby moon. We went to Cabo for a few days. We ended up leaving early because of the hurricane. We thought we could wait it out but DH has a medical condition where he needs electricity. We weren't sure if there was going to be flooding. Just didn't want to chance it. We left Cabo on Sunday and ended up going to Vegas. Here for a few days. I don't think I could do a long baby moon in Vegas but being able to visit for 2-3 days is just the right amount of time. I'm glad we got to go to Mexico and Vegas for our baby moon. I don't think we would be going back with our LOs. (We've been to Cancun for our honeymoon and DH's stomach doesn't like Mexico.) So we got it out of our system.

21. BSB

@Mrs. Goose: I've been waking up around 3am really thirsty and I need to get something to drink. I did have some stomach pain yesterday but I think it was due to taking Zofran and making me constipated. I have been bloated recently where it is very uncomfortable. Yesterday evening I woke up with really bad indigestion/acid reflux. It was so painful, I had to sit up in the bed. Tums eventually worked but it took awhile.

22. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: been wondering what happened with your babymoon, glad your backup plan is working out!

@Mrs. Goose: we weren't sure if the stroller was going to stay at that price (according to Amazon $220 off) so we just went with it figuring we have time to return. Clothes are another thing...

23. BSB

So I felt some movement yesterday! Definitely felt it a few times today! I'm 21w6d! Woohoo!

@2littlepumpkins: yeah, I'm glad it worked out, too.

24. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@bluestriped bee: that's so exciting!

25. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@bluestriped bee: yay!!!

26. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bluestriped bee: Woohoo!

27. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Oh, that's good. I have never looked into Amazon's return policy...I didn't know how good it is so I try to only order off of there if I am 100% sure I want it. The stroller looks nice! Very easy to move around and not too bulky.

28. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bluestriped bee: re: bloating and constipation, I have ginger herbal tea (just straight ginger) which I drink with a splash of lemon juice and it is delicious and helps my stomach pain and bloating after meals.

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad you are making it work!! hope you are having fun! And yay for movement!

Just bought a maternity swimsuit. As if regular bathing suit shopping isn't depressing enough, maternity swimsuit shopping takes it to a whooole other level.

30. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: @Bea: @Mrs. Goose: @hilsy85: Thanks! It is so cool feeling them. I think it's too early for DH to feel them, right? When did your SO start feeling movement?

@Mrs. Goose: Oh, cool. I love hot & iced teas but I haven't liked them since becoming pregnant. They have a bad after taste for me. Though, I think it's related to black teas. I did try an herbal tea and it was ok. I'll try that ginger tea and see if I like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

31. BSB

Oh, today I saw the pediatric cardiologist today... something they recommend for ivf babies. Babies' hearts are normal and healthy. Baby girl had the hiccups.

32. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bluestriped bee: I was only able to show mine my tummy move the other night because every time I have tried the baby decided to stop moving. He put his hand on my tummy, but I don't think he could feel it. I can though I think so he probably will be able to quite soon because I think our babe is getting more active as days go by. I'm loving feeling it.

Yay, for healthy hearts. I'm hoping for a thumbs up on healthy heart and legs and feet at my repeat ultrasound Monday.

Not loving the obscene amount of weight I have somehow gained without indulging in tasty stuff. Sigh. I'm measuring on track though apparently. Need to start exercising more.

Oh, I asked about the stomach tightening I experienced and she said it might have been Braxton hicks even though I thought it couldn't be because it was up so high and not where my uterus is. But she said and then my mum also said it can be your whole stomach tightening and getting hard. Any insights? Or personal experiences with BH in this pregnancy or a previous one?

33. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: I never heard anything about seeing a cardiologist for IVF babies. I wonder why?

34. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: Oh, yeah?

I found this
    "The chance of congenital abnormalities in children born after IVF or ICSI is about a third higher than for children conceived naturally, which means a chance
    of around 4 per 100 births instead of 3 per 100 births. "

http://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/Downloads/Fertility-Facts_IVF-children_PDF.aspx

When we agreed to do IVF, my RE listed the risks of IVF, but I don't remember the risk of congenital heart abnormalities being higher.

This should be a good question to ask the fellow IVFers.

35. Mrs. Pickle

Second time moms is it common to feel pressure and soreness down below so early? My entire pelvic area is sore and achy. I'm already starting to waddle a little!

36. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@bluestriped bee: It was about 2-3 weeks after I could feel movement both times that DH could feel it. He felt it around 20 weeks the first time and 19 the second.

@Mrs. Pickle: Yes! My hips have been hurting and sore for weeks now. I'm looking into getting a maternity belt soon because my lower back and hips constantly feel sore and I'm only 23 weeks on Sunday so it's going to be a while!

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I feel pressure sometimes--normal I think!

Oh my goooodddd I am so tired. Lo has been waking up at 545/6 the last two days plus waking in the MOTN I think due to molars. I am so snappy with him because I am just so tired. I am usually ok in the mornings so I am blaming this on pregnancy adding to the fatigue, and the snappiness. I am seriously worried about sleep deprivation in new born days plus a toddler...

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Just caught up, was feeling so behind! Work/life has been crazy lately.

@Charm54: so nice you have the whole dimmer off, and then a whole year! I wish the U.S. Would catch up on maternity leave...ugh

@natalie403: glad you had a nice trip!! My hips are also killing me, it's so hard to get comfy at night

@MamaBear87: congrats on your girl!!
    @Mrs. Goose: I'm not hungry/thirsty in the MOTN but I do need to drink a lot throughout the day or I notice Braxton hicks coming on. They do make my whole belly harden.

@Mrs. Pickle: I think it's normal! I'm carrying lower this time and definitely notice pressure/pain especially after walking awhile.

@hilsy85: ugh, I'm sorry mama. That's no fun...I noticed that M doesn't have her 2 year molars yet, do hoping they come through soon! I'm also exhausted but mainly due to it taking hours for me to get comfy and fall asleep at night, grr!

All is well here...I'll be 24 weeks in a few days and baby was measuring 25 weeks at my last appt, so that's good! At least I know he's growing. I've gained 14 pounds so far, trying to stay around 30 but we'll see.

39. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm glad you were able to salvage your babymoon! Hope it was relaxing! We also did a cardio ultrasound due to IVF, they said it's because normal babies have a .5% chances of heart defects and IVF have 1.5% chance, I think it's more for research purposes?

@hilsy85: Maternity suit shopping was a new sort of hell for me... I always hated it to begin with but this was just cruel lol. I had good luck at Target and Kohls (online). I got tankini ones and just wore plain black bottoms (just a size larger) and they worked fine on our trip

40. Mrs. Pickle

@BelugaBean: @hilsy85: @NovBaby1112: thanks ladies! It's hard to imagine trying to walk around closer to the end.

@NovBaby1112: I'm trying to keep it around 30 too. My appetite really increased this week, so we'll see if that's possible.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee