Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: I am selling a bunch! I can wall you some pics of you want!

2. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@jodyblair: We didn't do any genetic screening so I was worried to go for mine too. I have to go back to look at some body parts that they couldn't see, but I called my midwife today and she said everything they could see looked normal. Good luck!

@babycanuck: On the day I hit 20 weeks I was sitting eating dinner and I thought I felt something like a little punch. I think I felt it again on Friday and Sunday and thought I saw my belly moving in the same spots, but I haven't felt it again since then. I'm hoping it was baby, but can't be sure. I'm 21 weeks tomorrow. My babe was sleeping at my anatomy...sucked their hand for a bit and that's it, kept the legs firmly tucked.

I'm assuming it's normal this early to feel stuff and then not feel anything for a while?

3. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yes, def! Thanks

4. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@babycanuck: I started feeling movement right before 20 weeks. It isn't consistent yet though and I'm 21 weeks now.

5. Mrs. Pickle

I had a skin check at the dermatologist today and got 4 moles removed. I've had moles removed in the past and it has always been no big deal. Today I got really queasy and almost passed out while the doctor was removing them. I'm blaming the pregnancy!

6. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: i met my new manager today and was so nervous I got dizzy and almost fainted...definitely pregnancy!!

7. Treytonsmom2011

coffee bean / 47 posts

Hi Ladies.....catching up again....life is so crazy these days I haven't had much time to comment, but thought I would take the quiet moment I had today to update real quick.

20w1d today and had my anatomy scan today also. Found out that Baby #2 is on the way....I'm a little shocked, I was really thinking this one was a girl since I haven't been nearly as sick as I was with DS1 but clearly I was wrong. The tech said she never says 100% because stranger things have/can happen, but she's 99% sure and she would bet money on it in Vegas. It was pretty obvious!! He looked great and was incredibly cooperative, much more so than DS1. Now the tough part....coming up with another boy name. We had such a hard time the first time around, this time outta be interesting for sure.

I've been feeling lots and lots of movement for the past month or so....now it's making my stomach move as well. Can't believe we are halfway done....October will be here before we know it!

8. Mrs. Pickle

@Treytonsmom2011: congrats on baby boy #2!

9. Mrs. Pickle

October 2015 Mamas
    September 27: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 2: meghanml (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: Mrs. Pickle (IF #1) , renee0106 (#1)
    October 7: 2littlepumpkins (#2) , Mrs. Goose (#1)
    October 9: cranberry (#2) , Gerijeni (#1)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 12: treytonsmom2011 (#2)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1) , shellio (#3)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2) , JustJules (#1) , babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2) , bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins) &
    October 17: mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: Bea (#1)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3), akcd (#1)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2) , Willow (#1)
    October 28: Snickers (#2)
    November 2: birdofafeather (#2)

10. gerijeni

pea / 15 posts

@babycanuck Nearly 21 weeks, and only just started feeling movement in the past week. Basically went from nothing to daily kicks (mostly at night). But, super inconsistent and my husband can't feel it.

I feel for you -- I have two pregnant friends and both started feeling strong, regular kicks (along with their partners) weeks ago! I was worried (okay, and a little jealous). But -- as I keep discovering -- the range of normal is super wide in pregnancy!

11. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

I *think* I'm feeling some movement this morning but I'm not 100% sure....

12. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babycanuck: soo exciting!! Hope it gets stronger quickly.. You'll know it soon!

13. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Anatomy scan went great! Everything looks perfect with baby, but I have a low lying placenta (again) so I'll have a repeat ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure it has moved out of the way. I had the same thing last time, so I'm not too worried about it. The tech wouldn't let me take any video and she wasn't able to get a good profile shot for me to show DH, so I was a little bummed about that. Oh well! And I'm up 9 lbs Might be time to lay off the moose tracks!

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Rather late to the party, but better late than never. I'm almost 19 weeks with my first and so impatient for my anatomy scan next Friday. Good to hear not every baby was shy! And like many of you I think I've felt movement a few times but not positive. Seems like a great community!

15. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@MamaBear87: welcome and congratulations!!! I'm expecting my first, too! Hope the next week flies by for your anatomy scan

16. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Anatomy scan was interesting....the baby's head was near the bottom of my left hip, bum near my belly button, hands behind its head and legs curled up. I have to go back in two weeks to get what they couldn't snap on the anatomy scan, but overall baby is good

The only thing the doctor is concerned about is my lack of weight gain. I am eating, no more puking, but I can only eat so much.

17. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: Enjoy when it comes. I was so nervous for my scan and until I heard back from my midwife. I don't know if that nervousness will go away for the rest of this pregnancy or for future children!

@babycanuck: Sounds pretty much exactly like my scan position wise! I am going back in two weeks now too. At least you are not throwing up the food you put in anymore so hopefully the weight will come soon.

I'm going to tell the ultrasound tech we don't want to know gender. My husband can't come to my next scan and even if they can see it I don't want to find out without him. So, that makes us team green unless we inadvertently find out by a medical person spilling the beans or me seeing, which is pretty unlikely because at 20 weeks most images still looked blobby and unrecognizeable to me!

18. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MamaBear87: welcome!

Anyone else (maybe more 2nd time mamas) feel any Braxton Hicks contractions yet? I've been feeling what I think are BHs but it seems really early...maybe it's just tightening as the baby shifts postion?

@Treytonsmom2011: congrats on your boy!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Thankfully my tech is right in the office so she can tell us the sex and my doc appt is right after so we should get all news then. Hopefully I won't be nervous for this one but it always seems a bit nerve attacking
    Too bad your husband can't make it but team green so exciting! I'm just too impatient.

Thanks for the welcome ladies! So exciting to see the cute scans!

20. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

I'm at 20 weeks today!! Woohoo! Cabo baby moon trip is next week! Nausea was pretty bad on Monday and Tuesday, but has been relatively mild since then. Could it be? Has my nausea gotten better by the 20 week mark? I'm still thinking that I might be one of the few that will be nauseous throughout the whole pregnancy. I am a bit worried about the flight to Mexico and if I'll be comfortable. Sitting has been fairly uncomfortable for me. Also, I don't know if I can take my pregnancy pillow with me to Cabo. Wondering if I'll have trouble sleeping without it.

@MamaBear87: Welcome and congrats!!

@babycanuck: Glad your baby is doing well. Sorry about the lack of weight gain. I'm at 20 weeks today and I'm only 4 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. OB told me weeks ago that she wants me to gain 20 lbs by 20 weeks... Yeah, not going to happen. Wondering what she'll say when I see her before our trip.

Wow, so many of you guys are feeling movement. I don't think I've felt anything yet. Though, I hear having nausea distracts me from feeling them.

21. BSB

@jodyblair: Glad your anatomy scan went well!

@Treytonsmom2011: Congrats on your !

22. Mrs. Pickle

The baby kicked me hard enough to make my stomach jump today! It was so cool. DH wasn't at home but I was able to record it to show him.

23. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@bluestriped bee: when do you leave for mx? We leave for cancun Sunday night (a week from today)! Maybe I'll catch ya at the airport.

24. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: FX that the nausea is on its way out!

DH was finally able to feel movement from the outside today-very exciting! I have my detailed anatomy scan this Thursday, can't wait to see baby again. We are really struggling with names lately...I think we are torn equally between three.

25. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I've been so inactive that I feel bad but I've been reading to stay caught up! We've been so busy with the end of the preschool year and other things. Plus, it's been pretty quiet pregnancy wise. DH can feel from the outside but I can't get LO to stay still long enough to try to feel the baby. Besides that, I have a ton of lower back and hip pain that I'm trying to figure out how to alleviate but I know that may just be something I live with for a while!

26. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: Whoah! That is so cool!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: That would be cool but we leave on Thursday! Have a great trip! How are you feeling? I'm pretty uncomfortable when I have to sit upright. I'm a bit worried about the two 3 hr flight that I have deal with. Also, I've been sleeping better with the help of my pregnancy pillow. It's a big pillow. I'm wondering if I should take it with me.

@hilsy85: Sadly, I threw up a few times this weekend. I wasn't feeling nauseous but if I ate something, it would come up within 20-30 minutes later. I'm wondering if it's acid reflux or something because I could feel the acid trying to come up after I ate. I meant to take some acid reflux medication this morning but I forgot.

So cool about your baby moving! You are having your anatomy scan on Thursday? That's cool. I'm having my anatomy scan on Tuesday.

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Treytonsmom2011: congrats on your boy!!

@jodyblair: glad your anatomy scan went good! Hopefully the placenta is a non issue and corrects itself.

@MamaBear87: welcome!!

@hilsy85: re Braxton hicks- I think I've been feeling some tightening lately, especially when I over do things. Good luck with your anatomy scan!

@Mrs. Pickle: so cool! This baby has also been super active, kicking me all night long....

@BelugaBean: I feel your pain- my hips and back ache sooo badly at night, it takes awhile for me to fall asleep bc it is so uncomfortable.

Regarding names- at this point we may just let DD name her baby brother lol we have nothing yet...about 6 or so names we like, but not love...

28. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Glad to see everyone is doing ok!

@bluestriped bee: @Rainbow Sprinkles: Hope you have great trips!! Can't wait to hear about it and live vicariously through you!

It turns out I dont have to switch doctors but will be monitored more intensely should I get any worse with my other stuff. Relieved!! Also, I am going to the nearer better hospital anyway. The dr has privileges there but doesn't prefer it usually but said its ok. As far as names go.. Only one keeps sticking, but we'll see if it's the one! Names on our short list are dh's dads name, Calvin, Spencer, and Graham. :). Eta- feel free to give opinions, good and bad. I know it won't be everyone's taste, I won't be offended!

29. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@NovBaby1112: haha! My DD1 is insistent we name the baby either Kitty or Dr. Bones! Lol!

30. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Graham was our boy's name so I of course love that! Calvin was also on our list!

31. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: ha LO is insistent that the baby's name is Baby Sister.

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I think all of those are great names- especially love Graham!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: hahah! Dr bones has a nice ring to it...

@hilsy85: hehe well I guess I shouldn't complain too bad, bc at least DD wants to name him Thomas (I'm sure after Thomas the train)..,

33. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I think I've mentioned that out name is Coraline Lily and LO1's name is Zoey Lorelei. Here's the other names that were on our lists in case anyone needs ideas.

Boys: Alexander, Theodore, Calvin, Jacobi, Nolan, Archer, and Graham

Girls: Meara, Bailey, Blake, Riley, and Natalie

34. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

Seriously cannot believe this pregnancy is halfway over. October will be here before we know it!

I'm so curious what our team greeners are having!!

35. BSB

Anatomy scan went well! Babies are in the 46 & 48 percentile. They saw that echo cardio focus but she didn't seem that concerned about it. It is common in Asians. I will see an pediatric cardiologist to check things out. My OB said its standard for people who conceived through IVF to get an echo on the babies.
    OB cleared me for travel to Cabo tomorrow!
    Oh, I asked if she was concerned about my lack of weight gain and she said she wasn't since the babies are healthy.
    Oh, she said one of the babies' placenta is in the front of the uterus so that might be why I haven't felt any movement yet.

36. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@bluestriped bee: I am so glad everything is great. Yay for healthy, growing babies! And yay for leaving on your trip tomorrow! Have a blast!

Everything is good here. I am 24 weeks on Saturday, which means viability! YAY! Another favorite milestone of mine. We leave for our babymoon on Sunday, and I have an appointment on Friday to check my BP and make sure everything is lookin' good before I go and travel for 12 hours. I have a history of PIH/Pre-E, so I am praying that my BP is still low right now. And on the topic of the babymoon, I get tears in my eyes just thinking about leaving my girls! I know my mom will take great care of them, but it's still hard. I am glad that it's only 5 days and they will be back in our arms in no time.

Being that this is my third pregnancy, my body seems to be kicking into high gear pretty early. I already having trouble bending over to tie my shoes, the acid reflux/heartburn is NUTS (i've had to cut out a lot of foods), and my pelvis is starting to ache already.:/ I also can't get comfortable at night and the baby kicks and jabs like crazy so sleep isn't so great. Anyone else dealing with any of this stuff?

37. BSB

@Rainbow Sprinkles: thanks!

Yay for 24 weeks!
    Aww, must be hard leaving your girls.
    Acid reflux was bad yesterday. I was spitting up foam.

Question about your trip, have you checked the weather? Our weather forecast doesn't look that good. It's suppose to rain. Hopefully it's just a little bit of rain.

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: @NovBaby1112: Graham was one of our boy names when I was pregnant with dd, too. We really love it but can't quite commit yet!

@bluestriped bee: Glad you had a good scan and everything is looking good with both babies! Those are great percentiles!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Can't wait for the viability milestone either! I read recently that they were saying more doctors should attempt to save 22 weekers but gosh that seems so early. As for symptoms, yes this seems way different from my first pregnancy. I miss eating what I want but my stomach will not be happy if I stray from the diet.. I don't remember kicks hurting last time either. And even though my kid mostly has been fine in the sleep department (we moved, she's gotten a couple colds lately, transitioned to a big girl bed..) I don't think I've slept through the night since maybe five weeks pregnant.

39. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@bluestriped bee: our weather report looks good, but we are going to be on the yucatan peninsula, on the other side of Mexico (Caribbean side). I hope you get glorious sunshine!!!!

40. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: OMG I am so glad someone else is feeling this way...I have the worst heartburn ever and I am so much bigger (despite nearly no weight gain) than I was with #1. Fingers crossed that your BP is good (I also had pre-E)!!!

DH finally felt some of the swift kicks I have been feeling for the past couple weeks...so cute to see him get excited!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee