Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: I wake up with some pain sometimes. So not from being on my feet all day but I think its just baby getting bigger and everything getting more wiggly.

@bluestriped bee: Your little ones are looking so cute! Glad they are doing well and that you are maybe feeling baby boy more than you thought.

My little one is getting big enough to be seen from the outside. So cool and a bit weird at the same time!

2. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Hope you ladies all had a happy 4th of July! Can't believe it is JULY already--that was my bench mark for sh*t getting real over here Baby's new sheets and crib skirt came in from pottery barn. Now I just need to order some new art work and LO1's toddler bed, and i can start getting the nursery re organized! I also found these adorable swaddle blankets--in case anyone wants a different option from the usual A&A ones:
    http://littleunicorn.com/collections/cotton/products/cotton-3-pack-rose

In not so fun news, I have cellulitis in my finger. Basically a skin infection...I'm on antibiotics, which I always worry about taking while pregnant, but it's amoxicillin which at least is pretty common.

3. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@hilsy85: Hope your finger gets better soon! Also, thanks for the link for the swaddle blankets. Some of those are adorable. Which sheets and crib skirt did you pick from Pottery Barn? I spent awhile on Friday looking at them, but I ended up going with sheets from Target and a crib skirt, curtains, and wall decal from Land of Nod. There are so many cute options out there though!

I decided on a hot air balloon them for the nursery, so multi-colored but pulling out pinks and blues for the curtains/rugs. I can't wait for the stuff I ordered to come in, although I still have some cleaning/organizing to do before I can start decorating the room. Also, LO1 (24 months) is still using the crib and I'm not ready to transition her to a bed yet so I'm not sure when the crib will be moved to the nursery. I'd prefer to do it before LO2 is born, but we'll see I guess. LO1 just started sleeping better in her room, so I'm a little afraid to do it now (meaning maybe half the nights she stays in her room all night instead of moving into our bed in the middle of the night- before she was ending up in our bed just about every night).

I also had good news at my doctor's appointment last week. The subchorionic hematoma they've been monitoring seems to be gone and my cervical length has been in the upper 20's/low 30's for the last several appointments, so they said they no longer need to monitor me with extra ultrasounds. Yay! I feel much better about this pregnancy now. They had be pretty worried for awhile there.

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: those swaddles are adorable! so sorry about your finger, ouch! hope it feels better soon!

I cannot believe it's July either! so crazy. I've been slowly working on the nursery and making minor changes....next step over the next few months will be to get all of LO1's old stuff (rock and play, pack and play, swing, etc) out of the basement, clean them off, and get them ready to go.

Things are going well here, dr apt tomorrow and I need to get that glucose test done tomorrow as well.

I'm really thinking about joining a gym and starting to workout, just light workouts so I am more in shape for labor, etc. I feel like I haven't worked out in forever and I really want to get back in shape during my mat leave.

5. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@cranberry: great news about your SCH and cervical length! You must feel very relieved!

6. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you!

@hilsy85: Happy July 4th! How exciting that your sheets came in! Glad you brought up wall art. I need to start looking. We just have colors so far for the twins but I need to get started on finding some wall art to tie it together. Oh, we are keeping the walls neutral since we are still renting. Lastly, so sorry to hear about your finger. How did you get it?

@cranberry: So glad to hear about you not needing to be monitored for the SCH and your cervical length. Woohoo!

So as for me, I hit the 24/25 week wall of twin pregnancy discomfort. The heat wave in Seattle doesn't help but luckily we caved and got a portable air conditioner last week. This whole long holiday weekend I haven't been sleeping well. I need to get the DH to watch how I sleep to figure out why I'm waking up with upper back and shoulder pain.

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

7. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh my god I have no idea how you have survived without an A/C! I think I mentioned I was there last week (we got back Saturday)--the heat is INSANE. I don't know if it's because you're further north than we are, or have less cloud cover or something, but that sun/heat is INTENSE!! My sister only had A/C in the bedrooms, and it was just unbearable in the rest of the house! I hope you get some cool relief soon!

As for my finger, apparently it's very common--I did get a manicure about two weeks ago, and they cut my cuticles, which usually I don't have done. It's possible that an infection got in that way. I just hope it clears quickly!

@cranberry: love hot air ballon stuff, so cute! We went with this crib sheet: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/circle-geo-dot-crib-fitted-sheet-pink/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-sheeting&

and just a basic white and pink crib skirt. glad to hear about your SCH!

@NovBaby1112: uuugh I hear you on working out! I am SO out of shape--worried about what it means for labor and recovery I had such an easy time last time, but also worked out right up til the end. The issue this time around is just finding the time to go to the gym (it's in our building!). I have no motivation to go at night when DH gets home at like 7pm, and no way I'm waking up before 6:30am to go!

8. BSB

@hilsy85: Yeah, it's usually not that bad. We usually have one heat wave a summer and can get through it with just fans. We just weren't sure how bad it was going to get this year. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have it because I'm pregnant. Oh, it's good that we don't have the humidity that I'm used to on the east coast. I'm going to PA in two weeks and I'm not looking forward to it.

9. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@hilsy85: Cute swaddles! I had something like that happen to my finger after clipping a hang nail, but that was last year. My finger swelled up and I needed antibiotics though.

@NovBaby1112: I was thinking the same thing re: working out. I would like to join a class with a friend and perhaps do granny style lane swimming-a slow breaststroke or something if my local pool has early morning lane swimming. I'm also trying to go see my friend on mat leave and make her take me for a walk...I can't exercise alone very successfully. All the walking around Italy made me realize how out of shape and lazy I was being and I'd like to keep moving. Yoga is supposed to be good. And the book I was reading / hubby is reading too had a bunch of partner stretches in it that are good to work on for labour. I feel like it's so far away, but it's creeping up on us.

Heat!! It was 32 or higher (celsius) everyday in Italy and I could barely survive. @bluestriped bee: so yay that you have air conditioning! I used to survive with just a fan in my youth. Luckily, our weather isn't hot enough just yet to turn on our air conditioning.

Anyone getting any foot / ankle swelling? I got it in Italy and assumed it was from excessive walking and heat, but I noticed it yesterday. It's warm here, 29 today, but I haven't been walking as much. I'm a little bit concerned and will ask my midwife next week about it and take the GD test! eek. Maybe I need to chug more water?

I got this crib sheet: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/gray-elephant-crib-sheeting/

I love seeing my little baby's room down the hall. I need to get some wall decorations too...at some point and a bunch of other stuff for baby. So far we just have a crib, dresser, and a hand me down bouncer chair for an infant to sit in and be vibrated. I also bought a little cosleeper thing for our bed until we use the crib which I want to put in our room too.

This is it: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=24888536 I was sort of afraid of one of us rolling over onto the baby.

10. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@hilsy85: Love those swaddles! If we didn't have a bunch from DS1, I'd definitely be splurging on some new ones.

@bluestriped bee: There's no way I could survive Summer without AC. DH mentioned how high our electric bill was last month and I know it's just going to get worse through July and August. Gotta love a Summer in Georgia.

@Mrs. Goose: I haven't had any ankle swelling yet, but some days my rings are really tight and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to wear them. It makes me really sad because I just got a new wedding set that I looooove and I don't want to have to stop wearing them!

We've made some good progress on the baby's room and I am getting so excited to start getting organized and decorating!

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Sorry I'm getting behind replying to everyone but glad to see everyone is doing well! The baby rooms are sounding cute as well.

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: same, there is just no time in the day! The only days I would be able to go are Fri, Sat, and Sun, so I figure for only $10/month it'll be worth it though. I need to get motivated somehow! I really would love to get back into good shape once this baby is here.

@Mrs. Goose: swimming sounds great and is really good while pregnant! I think that sounds amazing.

13. BSB

@jodyblair: Oh, yeah, if I lived on the east coast, AC would be a must. Here in Seattle we would only get a few days of 90 degree weather. Our heatwave is 3 days of 90 degree weather. I remember living in PA where a heat wave would be anything above 100 degrees. Ugh! I don't even want to think about that. Hoping it does not reach 100 when I go home in 2 weeks. Anyway, here in Seattle, it's fairly moderate here. Nothing like the heat back eat. Someone was complaining about the humidity here and I said what humidity?!?! Haha. Yeah, it's not that bad here but when it does get hot for more than a couple days... it sucks. DH was saying that it's been close to 90 (or over) for almost 2 weeks now. I think that's why we think it's going to be a rough summer. Oh, we hit a record on July 4th in Seattle... it was 92 degrees.

14. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@MamaBear87: cool and weird is a great way to describe movement!

@hilsy85: I can't believe it's July either. Yesterday was 3 months until my due date.

@NovBaby1112: the only workouts I've been doing is swimming. And I missed all last week. I need to get back to it today. I don't know if it's enough, but it makes me feel good.

I'm 27 weeks today and I'm so grumpy!! I got spoiled by a mild June and now that it's actually hot I'm not handling it well. My wedding rings are getting tight and it's harder to move around. The third trimester is going to be so tough. Ok, enough whining for now.

I never heard anything about my glucose test, so I'm assuming no news is good news. I have my 28 week appointment next Thursday so I'll ask about it then.

15. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: it's got to be hard adjusting to the heat when you're not used to it. At least here I know to expect it to be above 90 every day. And I have AC. I hope you are keeping as cool as you can.

16. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

At my doctors appointment now and I just drank the glucose drink and need to wait 1 hour...I am so confused bc they told me to just eat and drink normally today, which I did, but last time I was told to fast. I guess we'll see what happens...

I'm thinking about starting a pregnancy fitness/health support thread that I've seen in the past- if anyone is interested? I need accountability and motivation!

17. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: haha I feel you, it's brutal here today....but I'm sure it's much worse where you are!!

18. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: sure, I'll join you! I didn't have to fast for my test. It seems like different doctors have different rules for it.

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NovBaby1112: hope your hour isn't too bad. I'm dreading mine, have to fast and then it's 2 hours of waiting.
    @Mrs. Pickle: @Mrs. Goose: no swelling yet but I am definitely feeling more aches and pains. It was smooth sailing up to now. Trying to drink tons of water which seems to help and have a massage later today. Hoping that helps with the rib pain I've been having.
    Everyone seems to be doing well! Hope that keeps up!
    Oh and my hubby finally felt baby again the other night. His reaction at how strong she's gotten was priceless!

20. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: Ugh! Looks like July will be a tough month for all of us. That hip pain that everyone has been talking started yesterday. I have some swelling. Baby girl kicked my ribs yesterday. It felt like a mild vibration.

21. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

I am starting to feel a bit of pull and pressure from my tummy expanding and weighing more now and gravity pulling it down...that will get worse as it gets bigger!

I feel like I am going to have to wear my rings on a necklace soon with the summer heat.

@Mrs. Pickle: The heat in Italy made me so grumpy. I was a pregnant monster...

22. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I'm definitely feeling lots of pain too...my lower left hand area is super sensitive, especially if I've been sitting for a while. Baby is head down so that's probably causing extra pressure

We just got back from our kid free vacation to Boston - it was wonderful to reconnect as a couple, shop, eat out, and act like tourists. The 4th of July fireworks were amazing! Though I probably overdid it with all the walking. The last night I became mildly concerned about all the pain, especially when I realized how far away I was from the Canadian border. Luckily a good night sleep made me feel much better, though I think I will stick in the country for the rest of my pregnancy!

I just realized today I only have 12 weeks to go!! I can't wait to meet this little one!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Goose: it may not get worse and worse. I've had pressure and pain like that since early in the 2nd trimester and some weeks are worse than others. Hope it at least holds off til closer to delivery!!

24. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Oh, that's good. It's not really complaint-worthy, just a weird sort of sensation I was noticing. Before I didn't really notice my tummy having any extra weight to it so it was sort of easy to forget I was pregnant.

@Charm54: On vacation I had a few days of my right wrist being in pain for no reason, but then it went away. I had a friend who had wrist pain very early on for a few weeks. Pretty sure my little one is still wriggling all over the place. I get ripples when positions change, but I can't tell how they're sitting right now. I wonder if it's far enough now that the midwife can feel body parts and tell me?

25. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: LOL I Re-read my post and realize it says "left hand" - I meant to say left groin, thanks autocorrect, haha! They could tell baby was head down on my last ultrasound....I have an apt next week and they will start feeling my belly to tell position ... I have no idea how they can tell because everything feels the same to me. I feel like he/she is still head down though with all of the kicks I feel up high but we will find out!

26. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Charm54: They can't always tell! My first was breech and every visit up until 36w 4d they felt and told me "here's his head (down low), here's his bottom". I know he didn't flip - he felt exactly the same and the OB I saw at my 36 w visit realized he was breech. I was mad at her for a while but clearly not her fault, ha ha.

27. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

so 26 weeks today - I went for a checkup yesterday...I told the doctor I'm feeling pretty large/extended, and he laughed. Then he took the stethoscope to check the baby's heartbeat and baby decided to punch him. That's my kid!!!

I have the GD test in 2 weeks and SO SCARED.

28. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Ugh, just got the call I failed my 1 hour glucose test. So annoyed! I ended up getting SUPER sick an hour or so after drinking it- sweats, shaky, light headed and felt off the whole night. I asked if I can just skip the 3 hour and just say I have GD and do whatever diet is recommended so I don't have to go through that again, they are going to check and see. Was not expecting that bc I passed no problems with my first!

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: how much did you fail by? that sucks! I failed with LO1 but passed the 3 hour and my OB said she expects the same to happen this time...! Did they say you could just adjust your diet or do you have to test your sugars and stuff? I might just see if you could power through the 3 hour if so--it's not fun, but I would hate to worry over everything I was eating the next 3 months!

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I forget the exact number...but I think it was like 30 points higher or something? The nurse said she would talk to the Dr and see...I'm guessing they won't let me do that anyways so I'll prob just have to suck it up and do again. It just made me feel so awful. That's encouraging though that you passed the 3 hr after failing the 1!

31. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Any mommas finding it hard to breathe? I don't know if something is wrong with me or not, I just can't catch my breath. I've cranked the A/C since it's really humid, but no matter what I do people keep asking if I'm okay

32. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: I'm sorry, that sounds terrible! did you have any symptoms? I keep experiencing sudden dizziness if I get hungry and don't eat very soon. I read that GD often has no symptoms but I'm nervous I won't pass since I think they want you to eat a lot of veggies and with my low fiber diet I can't do that. Having had to obsess over diet the past year.. I'd do the 3 hr and hope to pass. But I can totally see why you don't want to!

@babycanuck: Is your baby crowding your space or are you just not breathing well? Do you feel better sitting? If it's to the point where people keep asking you if you're ok maybe it warrants a call to the OB? Not to be paranoid but with all you've been through I guess I'd just want to play it safe.

@Charm54: I read left hand and didn't think anything of it.

Yesterday my dd said "maybe it's under baby brothers crib" and I don't remember ever calling it that (although we do talk about baby will sleep in the crib- they'll be sharing a room) and it took me by surprise. She has also taken to rubbing my belly and saying "I can help baby brother!" (Like Daniel Tiger helps). I am getting a little nervous about the logistics of two (mostly because of dd's mommy preference) and sleep deprivation again but it's going to be the sweetest thing!

33. BSB

@babycanuck: I've had trouble breathing early on in the pregnancy and now it comes and goes. It's totally normal from what I heard. It's sucks because I'll be sitting at rest and be so out of breath. The thought of actually walking around did scare me. I was worried that I was out of shape but my OB assured me that it was a normal pregnancy symptom.

I created this thread 2 months ago. http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/anyone-out-of-breath-while-pregnant#post-2167437

34. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babycanuck: YES omg. Today is super humid here and walking around outside I feel like there is a weight on my chest. It's awful. @NovBaby1112: I think it's really common to fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour! I think I failed my 1 hour by like 22 points last time? So not a small number eithe.r

35. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I don't really have any symptoms of I don't eat or skip meals...I just felt awful after that test. They told me I could skip 3 hour if I meet with nutritionalist and monitor my blood sugar every day. Ugh, too much work! Or I could just take 3 hour. I'm getting sick just thinking about taking it again tho. So we'll see.

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: is it the same exact drink? Sorry, I've never taken it so I'm clueless.

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: I would do the 3 hour rather than have to test blood sugar all the time Sorry! I will be in your position in a few weeks I am sure!

38. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@NovBaby1112: Yuck - just tough out the three hour, I'm sure it will be better than monitoring your blood sugar at home for 3 mos!! I also failed the one hour (for the first time, on my third pregnancy) and passed the three hour with no issues. For the 3 hour I had to be fasting (didn't have to for the 1 hour) and the glucose drink they have you drink is double strength so even more disgusting. I thought I was going to throw up for about the first 1.5 hours after drinking it but I guess I wasn't the first one because she warned me, if you throw up you'll have to come in and do this all over again. And it would be almost impossible for me to get in there another time in the next couple weeks so I just breathed through it. It did suck but now I have the relief that it is over with - no fingersticks, no spending hours at the diabetes class to learn about carbs and glucose checking, etc. You can do it!

39. BSB

@shellio: oh, it's stronger? Yuck! Makes sense. Good to know. Thanks.

40. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I hope you pass this time and don't have to worry about the 3 hr one!

@shellio: oh god, that sounds awful! I guess I'll just need to suck it up I'm just terrified if I fail that one, I'll still have to do all that stuff too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee