Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: ugh, that's sucks! I'd probably just do the 3 hour to hopefully avoid 3 months of monitoring my blood sugar.

2. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@babycanuck: I feel out of breath sometimes. It usually goes away tho, but I haven't been in crazy humidity. I'm guessing that would make it worse.
    @novbaby1112: totally sucks! But I think is try the 3 hour to avoid the finger sticks

3. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@NovBaby1112: So I did some research here on old threads, and the night before the test I made sure not to eat a high carb meal, really minimized carbs the entire day before. I wasn't trying to cheat the system or anything, obviously if I were diabetic I would want to know and take care of myself, but I figured if I were marginal and a big plate of pasta had pushed me over the edge I'd be pissed! My numbers were far below their cutoff for all 4 measurements at the 3 hour.

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Thanks everyone for your input! I called today and just made an appointment to have the 3 hour test done next Friday. Praying I pass this one!

@shellio: I hear ya...I'm pissed bc they told me to eat what I normally do. That morning I had an iced coffee with cream/sugar, and for lunch I had a sub with white bread (not something I normally eat, but our work was doing a free lunch day!) I def think the sub roll put it over the edge, I had it an hour or two before! Ugh. Oh well

5. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@NovBaby1112: I know! The morning of the 1 hour they told me the same thing - eat and drink as usual. Well, someone at work offered me a donut, and I took it. I finished that just a few minutes before downing the glucose drink. I don't normally eat donuts plus my normal breakfast (bran flakes) but it didn't occur to me not to!

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: good luck Friday!!

7. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: Good luck on Friday!

I'm behind on this thread but I've been reading it when I can! I had my glucose test Friday and she said I should know sometime this weekend what the results were so hopefully in the next few hours! I had to have a bunch of different things tested at the same time as glucose so they ended up taking about six vials of blood and I almost passed out. I already hate needles but I assume the blood sugar rollercoaster I was on didn't help! We've also been busy because LO turns three on Saturday so we've been doing stuff for her birthday and her party in a couple of weeks!

8. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: good luck! Hope it is all worth it and you don't have to watch your diet.

Anyone else already to the point where you have to eat little meals because everything is squished? I didn't get like this until the end with dd!

9. Mrs. Pickle

@2littlepumpkins: not yet. I feel like my stomach has grown! My appetite has really increased this week.

I had to take my rings off this weekend. I can wear one of my thin wedding bands, but not my engagement ring and the second band. I was hoping to wear them all much longer. I'm allergic to most metals so I can't buy a cheap stand in.

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I feel like I grow in spurts. Or I hope I do. I feel way too big for having almost 3 more months to go. I keep meaning to take a pic for the bump thread but forgetting!

11. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I feel like I grow in spurts too! And I can barely eat anything - same here, I didn't get to this stage till much later with my first two pregnancies. Right now the baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead and I also have a high-normal level of amniotic fluid so I'm hoping that baby just keeps growing into the fluid and I don't get too much bigger.

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@2littlepumpkins: not yet, but I am starting to get heartburn randomly, which I didn't get til much later with LO1. I also can now only sleep on my sides (I"m usually a back sleeper), which is really annoying because I wake up every time I have to switch positions. AND I am starting to have trouble getting myself off the ground from a seated position Basically I am reaching "whale" stage a lot sooner this time around.

@BelugaBean: FX for good results from your test!

13. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Yes, eating has been hard lately! I think I'm sitting down to dinner starving and I eat like 5 bites and I feel like I can't eat anymore. I do feel like I'm reverting back to where I was at the beginning where I was super hungry at lunch but breakfast and dinner weren't so appetizing most days and I feel like this is happening a lot sooner this time.

On a happy note, my doctor posted that my glucose level came back as 104 which is well within normal plus everything else they tested checked out. So I'm glad I don't have to worry about the whole passing out thing again.

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I gained a whole bunch between 20 and 24 weeks, then felt like oh no this can't keep up. So I made an effort to eat a bit less and better for two days to kind of reset my body. Seems to have worked my gain has slowed down, don't know if it would have happened anyway but makes me and baby feel better.
    @2littlepumpkins: hope I have more time before I can only eat a few bites. Hope it eases off for youa bit!
    @BelugaBean: Yay for passing your test!

15. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@NovBaby1112: Good luck on Friday!

@BelugaBean: Yikes! 6 vials of blood is a a lot. Glad you passed the test!

@2littlepumpkins: I'm definitely eating smaller meals now.

@Mrs. Pickle: Aww, sorry you had to take your rings off. I'm flying on Wednesday, and I'll see how I do when I get off it.
    DH is currently on the east coast (he flew there a week early) so I didn't have the chance to take my usual Friday bump photo. I think I need to take DH's tripod out when I get home from work.

@hilsy85: I'm usually a back sleeper, too, and switch to side sleeping last week. My back is definitely feeling it. I do end up on my back but I know feel a weird pressure when I do it, so it get's me to switch to the side position. Yup, it's getting hard to get out of bed. Since DH is out of town, I keep looking at the dogs to help me. They are no help.

As for me, I no longer on daily anti-nausea meds! Woohoo! I was on that patch but it was irriating my ears and my OB suggested taking a break so my ears could heal. I was a bit worried because this would make me rely on Zofran/Reglan pills again and those pills make me gag thinking about them. Plus, there's the constipation side of it. Well, after stopping the patch, I had to take the Zofran/Reglan daily for the first 3 days... but since then, I've been med free. I still have bouts of nausea but pretzels usually help.

The other change is some lower belly soreness. I thought maybe my maternity jeans were too tight and needed to get the next size, but I think it's sore from lack of belly support. So I've been wearing a maternity belt and it does help. It is still worse on days I go to work versus the weekend, I think because I'm up and moving around more.

(ETA: Oh, could this soreness be pelvic pain? It feels like it's lower stomach and not really my pelvic area but I felt my pelvic bone today and it is a bit sore. My lower stomach is sore, as well. Maybe it's both bump support and pelvic pain.)

Hope everyone is feeling well.

16. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: yay for ditching the meds!!

I booked a newborn photographer today. I can't believe she'll be in my house taking pictures of my baby is less than 3 months!

17. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: that's great that you are off the meds!!!

Had my 26 week appt today and did the glucose test--fingers crossed I pass, but not holding my breath. I have one more monthly appt and then I start seeing my OB every two weeks!! Crazy!! Baby girl is head down, which is good, and was kicking like crazy from the sugar.

@Mrs. Pickle: ooh exciting! have you gotten any newborn props or anything? That's on my to do list.

18. Mrs. Pickle

@hilsy85: yep! I got the cheesecloth and bow combo that lawbee recommended in lilac and a ruffle diaper cover. I want to do a few posed shots and some lifestyle shots as well. I think I'll get a white diaper cover for her to wear in the lifestyle shots.

19. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: cute!!! LMK if you find a plain white diaper cover...this is the closest I could find:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGGLZ74?colid=24FPFY4JR93Q4&coliid=I335RHXMKVOX2B&redirect=true&ref_=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl&vs=1

20. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: actually just looked through that posh peanut boutique--they have some not super frilly ones that are just what I'm looking for!

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: cute! So many options. I just ordered this:

22. Mrs. Pickle

@2littlepumpkins: cute! That bear has to be so tiny.

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@2littlepumpkins: that is super tempting! The bear is adorable!
    @Mrs. Pickle: I'm sure your photographer will suggest but do some nude ones too. Those come out super precious.
    @bluestriped bee: Yay for being off meds!!

My best friend does photography on the side, so I'm lucky she's coming up to shoot photos

24. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I feel stuffed all the time! I def have to eat smaller meals now.

@BelugaBean: yay for passing your test!! Praying I pass mine on Friday!

@Mrs. Pickle: eeek exciting!! Love those outfits, so adorable!!

@hilsy85: good luck, hope you end up passing!! I can't believe we are close to the bi-weekly appointments!

25. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

i am doing a terrible job keeping up! but following along with y'all! i had my 24w appt and DH finally got to come along now that he's done with training and on a firefighter schedule. we had our official anatomy scan and all the measurements were right on track, so i'm happy about that! i am up about 7 lb from my first appt there, but i was about 6 lb heavier that i started last pregnancy i think, so at the end of this pregnancy, i'll probably have gained a similar amount, but be higher than i ever have been. yeesh.

news i didn't like was that baby is breech, but i know i have lots of time for that to change and i actually talked to my chiropractor about it before i knew and he said he likes to know ASAP, but doesn't really get into the techniques for turning baby until the early-mid 30 weeks. so praying baby flips before delivery time!

@shellio: @NovBaby1112: @BelugaBean: @hilsy85: so because i didn't have GD last time, my OB is having me do a simple blood test to test numbers first and then if that's elevated, i would have to do the longer testing. i guess it's something that CA doctors are recommending, but hasn't taken over in the rest of the US yet. hoping i pass the first test with flying colors so i don't have to do the test with the drink!

@2littlepumpkins: oh yeah, i've been feeling that way for a while, especially with dinner. i've barely been eating much dinner otherwise i feel terrible and am grumpy the rest of the night which is no good when DH is on shift and not home until the next morning! so i've been having half a meal and then a little snack before bed to tide me over.

@Mrs. Pickle: not sure what your photog does, but i always take photos with mom and dad too! so make sure you have something simple set aside that you feel comfortable in!

26. Mrs. Pickle

@birdofafeather: my LO was breech at 16w but flipped by 20 and is still head down. Hopefully yours will flip soon! DH and I will definitely be in some of the photos.

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@birdofafeather: oh wow, that is awesome they screen by doing a blood test first! That makes way more sense

Totally tmi and gross, but does anyone else have crazy amounts of creamy, watery discharge? When I sneeze or cough, I swear it just drips out. I know it's not amniotic fluid (it's not clear, more milky/yellow, but just have no clue what this is!)

28. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: that is so adorable!!! I have a turkey hat I got off Etsy for LO since our Thanksgiving in Canada is a week after my due date.

@birdofafeather: I've gained less this time aroun too...but started out about 10lbs heavier haha. Hopefully baby flips for you - still lots of time!

@NovBaby1112: I definitely have more discharge than normal....Dr today said it was normal!

Is anyone else leaking milk already?? The past few days I have had a few drops come out. I'm hopeful that means I won't have as much supply issues this time around.

I had my OB apt today - all seems well, except my iron which is low. They gave me a list of foods to eat (sardines, moose, liver...) literally every item on that list is a food that grosses me out. I will try to eat more red meat though and be more diligent with my prenatal vitamin.

29. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Much easier to post pictures from an iPad than my phone (not an iPhone and a piece of garbage)! One from Tuscany, which was a beautiful place and I enjoyed the country setting more than the hustle and bustle of Rome. My husband has better pics on our camera. I am waiting on my blood test for GD. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week then I am clear. Eek! The midwife felt around and said she thinks the baby is head down and if that's the case then I'm happy about that.

Crazy to think about our babies being here so soon. I can't wait. My husband does photography as a hobby and we took pictures of a friend's 8 week old on Friday using some cute props. Now we are all set for when we have to take pics of our babe. I pinned some cute pumpkin stuff a while ago. I do want someone to take a picture of all three of us too, but maybe I can get a family member to. Hopefully in August I can get some low key maternity pictures. I didn't think I wanted any, but I do. I am potentially getting a friend to and if that doesn't work out then I will just see if someone in my family can do a couple. Is anyone else planning on getting maternity pictures done? And when?

Hope everyone is well. My sleep has started to go a bit downhill and I get quite tired in the afternoon, but if I make it past the few hours where I feel tired then I usually get a second wind. Other than that, I am still feeling pretty energetic.

@NovBaby1112: haven't noticed much of an increase, maybe a bit sometimes. My friend said hers in third tri was crazy so I am sort of waiting for it to creep up on me.

I feel full quite quickly too and if I eat too much then I am beached and have to lie on my side or it hurts too much. Trying to eat smaller portions! I never had to deal with that before but I guess my stomach is now sharing space with the baby.

30. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: beautiful pictures!!! Italy sounds absolutely divine

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: my little munchkin is also still breech. Or at least she was 2 weeks ago and pretty sure I can feel her hiccup near my ribs so I don't think she's moved. I'm trying not to worry about it tho, either she'll flip or she won't.
    @NovBaby1112: I get it when I sneeze, cough, or bend quickly. So classy! I think it's pretty normal tho.
    @Charm54: no milk yet...
    @Mrs. Goose: sleep is getting worse for me too. So not happy about that!
    My dad is being awesome and funding massages "for the baby" so I'm super excited about that! Prob get to do one every 2 weeks till baby arrives. They really do wonders for how I'm feeling and keep my anxiety down too!
    Everyone seems to be doing good! Fingers crossed for all those awaiting gd tests. Doing mine next week!

32. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: welp right there with ya--failed my 1 hour test I have to take the 3 hour next week. Good luck tomorrow! Kind of funny, my number on my 1 hour was almost the same as it was with LO1--hopefully that means I pass the 3 hour as well!

33. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: @MamaBear87: glad I'm not alone!!

@Charm54: not leaking milk yet...my iron is low too- I've been trying to eat more red meat!

@Mrs. Goose: beautiful! Sounds like an amazing trip

@MamaBear87: that is awesome about the massages! I need one sooo bad, DHs massages aren't cutting it lol

@hilsy85: boo, I'm sorry!! Fingers crossed you pass the 3 hour though, that's reassuring you passed that one before! I am dreading tomorrow- I feel so sick if I don't eat in the morning, and it's just going to suck praying we both pass though!!

34. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: ugh I remember the 3 hour being really rough--I would have snack with you so you can get food in your stomach as soon as you are allowed to! And hopefully you can take it easy the rest of the day.

35. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: thanks, I'll make sure to bring something to eat. DH is coming with me in case i get as sick as I did for the 1 hour. We both took the day off so hopefully I can rest some before getting M at daycare!

36. Mrs. Pickle

@Charm54: I'm not leaking yet. My boobs went through another growth spurt practically overnight so I wonder if it will be soon.

@Mrs. Goose: beautiful photos!

@hilsy85: ugh, that's such a bummer. Hopefully you pass the 3 hour.

I just had my 28 week appointment. I passed the glucose test! I got my rhogram shot and it really stung. I didn't feel the needle though. I'm still numb from my weeks of progesterone injections so the injection was no big deal. Everything looks good and I'm going back in two weeks. I'll have another ultrasound, which I wasn't expecting. I think my OB is just being extra cautious with me because of my history. I'm not complaining though. I love seeing the baby.

37. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

So I failed the 1 hour glucose screen test, which means I have to go for the 2 hour diagnostic test. Any tips for preparing for it? Obviously if I do have gestational diabetes, I want to know... But I just barely failed the 1 hr, so I'm hoping to pass this one.

38. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Willow: Did they tell you you need to fast? I only know stuff from reading online, but I have read not to eat carbs, sugar, or fruit the day of, or night before. Protein and low glycemic stuff like veggies is good to eat and water too. I think a lot of people are borderline, even people in our group, and then they take the longer test and pass so maybe that will be you!

Still waiting to hear about mine, but I am hoping they already have the results and if I haven't heard today then that means it's all good...

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I still am dying over the tiny teddy every time I see it. Might have to order one!
    @Mrs. Pickle: I have white coat syndrome so just to keep an eye on baby girl I get an ultrasound every appointment. Its so fun to see her!
    @NovBaby1112: Good luck on the 3 hour test! Fingers crossed you pass
    @Willow: Sucks you failed! At least its the new 2 hour instead of 3 tho. My doc feels you miss too many people with gd with the 1 hour so I have to go straight to the 2 hour next week. Not jazzed about that.
    @Mrs. Goose: Fingers crossed no news is good news!

40. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: good news about passing!!!

@Willow: boo, I'm sorry you failed the 1 hr! I did as well and just had to do the 3 hour today- sucked but glad it's over! Should find out results Monday...they told me to fast from 9pm on...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee