Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@babycanuck: @2littlepumpkins: @hilsy85: glad I'm not alone in being totally over this!! I also am not sleeping well and I know sleep will be bad with a newborn, but it has to be better than it is now!

@hilsy85: good luck! Hope you aren't feeling too sick!

@natalie403: so sorry about the swelling!! That sounds brutal! It's so hard in this heat you are a total trooper for camping though!!

2. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@NovBaby1112: catching up from your response last week. Yup watery and creamy discharge. Lots of it. My sister said she wore a panty liner throughout the 3rd trimester. Oh, when I sneeze or cough real hard, I pee a little.

3. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: so cute! We have a superman & wonder woman crochet capes (for the DH) and I have a bunny and a panda set on our favorites list. Found out MIL is making the superman and Wonder Woman one for us. Can't wait!

4. BSB

@Charm54: not leaking milk yet. I didn't realized this happened so early in the pregnancy. Learned something new.

5. BSB

@Mrs. Goose: I'm hoping to get maternity pics done this month or early next. My bump is fairly cute and round. Everyone says I'm carrying small. I don't think I want to wait any longer because I'm sure I'll start getting huge soon.

My sleep was bad two weeks ago. I was using my u-shaped pregnancy pillow and I think I was arching my back to sleep on my back. It hurt a lot. One day I decided to not use pregnancy pillow and my back felt so much better, but I would end up on my back. Then I flew home for my shower last week and my sister gave me her pregnancy wedge. I used it to place it behind my back to prevent me from laying fully on my back. My SIL then surprised me with another wedge and I use that for my bump. Been sleeping better since that.

Oh beautiful pics of Italy!!

6. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: woo hoo on passing your glucose test!

7. BSB

@Willow: sorry you failed your 1 Hr test.

8. BSB

@NovBaby1112: woohoo glad you passed your test!

9. BSB

@Rainbow Sprinkles: oh, wow, that's all a lot to take in. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
    No advice but sending lots of hugs. I'm rather below average with my weight gain but my dr is not concerned because babies are healthy.

10. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: a few days ago I was worried about movement but I think I was busy running errands. Good news is baby boy is getting more active nowadays.

Glad your shower went well. Ours was so nice this past weekend. My sister and MIL went above and beyond with the detail. The only thing was that it was so hot that everyone stayed inside and they could do any games. Plus, my feet hurt so I sat on the couch. My DH said no one was bored or a thing so it was a success to him. I agree.

11. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@natalie403: my husband and I are in a wedding party in the last week of August. That is going to be interesting!

@bluestriped bee: I'm excited to see what your pics will look like! I had a clear drop from one nipple the other day. Nothing since. It would totally freak me out if I wasn't pregnant. I wonder if it will increase or happen again before I actually have the baby.

Got a car seat and stroller from a friend. Just need a diaper bag, some little odds and ends, and two small shelves and wall decorations for the nursery. I'm feeling pretty good about what's ready.

12. BSB

@Mrs. Goose: while I was in Philadelphia last week, I had a day where I think i had low blood sugar. I just didn't not make any sense. My sister and brother both were confused by some of the things I was saying. Like about my upcoming plans. I think since I was home and chatting with everyone, I forgot to eat. I do remember thinking that I felt like I should see my dr when I got home about the confusion I was having. I ate a soft pretzel while my niece and I ran errands (she drove) and I immediately felt so much better.

13. BSB

@babycanuck: oh, wow. First, it was not gaining enough because of HG and now it's too much weight. Frustrating. I have no idea where I am at. I did weigh myself yesterday and I am gaining weight now, but I noticed on Monday that Im getting swollen and now retaining water. I think it was all the walking and the heat. Then yesterday I flew back home. It probably didn't help much with the swelling.

14. BSB

@babycanuck: woohoo! Glad you passed your test!

15. BSB

@natalie403: Yup, the swelling started for me on Monday after my baby shower. Plus the heat then I flew home last night so traveling probably didn't help. Now that I'm home, I need to remember to elevate my feet.

As for me, I'm back after a week in Philly. Weather was nice. I thought I was going to have to deal with the horrible heat and humidity on day 1 but it didn't kick in til the day before my shower on Saturday. I got a lot of stuff done. I Target had a lot of baby stuff on clearance. If you follow me on IG, I got to go to the beach for the day. (If you want to follow me on IG, wall me for my name). The weather was perfect at the beach (warm, not hot and no humidity).

As I mentioned early, my shower was amazing. So grateful for my shower hosts and my guests that sent gifts to my house and the ones who came to the party. I now have to think about some hostess gift ideas. I wanted to take my sisters out for a manicure or pedicure but I ran out of town.

Glad I'm back at home and I'm able to start on the nursery. So excited.

16. BSB

So I had a dream last night, that I went into labor at 28 weeks! I'm 28 weeks tomorrow! Eeek! I'm feeling good and haven't had any issues lately. I hope it was just a dream but I did wake up thinking that I need to get my hospital bag together.

17. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@bluestriped bee: yikes!! Hopefully it was just a dream and not a premonition. Did they say when they expect you to deliver with twins? I've been having a lot of dreams lately, and it's always a boy. I can't wait to find out if the dreams are right!!

18. BSB

@Charm54: On average, twins are due around 36 weeks. That's 8-9 weeks away! I gotta get moving on my nursery!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Goose: go you being in a wedding party that late!
    @bluestriped bee: hope your los keep cooking in there! I've been having some weird baby dreams lately too, I think it's just getting closer and our subconscious are catching on.
    Anyone else stuck on picking a middle name? We have a first name chosen but haven't gotten to a middle name both of us like that goes yet. So fun but a bit frustrating!

20. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@MamaBear87: we are really stuck on a middle name. I think for a boy we are okay - Lachlan Samuel- but for a girl -Julia - we really can't find anything that we both love. I'm obsessed with the name Maeve, Dh hates it - I'm hoping he gets caught up in the delivery room romance and tells me we can name her Julia Maeve as an act of love for me

21. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MamaBear87: we have a middle name pretty set--Violet--but have no idea on a first name!

Woo hoo, found out I passed my 3 hour glucose test! Thank goodness!!

22. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@bluestriped bee: yikes! That sounds pretty unsettling.

@hilsy85: that's great!!

23. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: Do you want to go past 36 weeks if you can? If the babies look healthy, etc.?

24. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks! so weird, I just looked at my results--I nailed all the numbers, wasn't even close to failing any of the blood draws. So strange that I failed the 1 hour!! Oh well. @bluestriped bee: eek! that is close! Have you talked to your doctor yet about delivery--whether it will be a c section or try for a vaginal?

@Mrs. Goose: we have two weddings in September, but luckily I'm not in either so I can just wear whatever fits

25. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: congrats on passing! That must be a big relief off your shoulders.

@Mrs. Goose: is your wedding local? I'm in a wedding the third week of September...2 weeks before my due date it's 3 hours away so I'm mildly nervous about going into labour while I'm there but she's one of my best friends so I will do everything I can to be there!

26. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: we don't have a first OR middle picked yet!

@hilsy85: woo hoo!! Yay for passing!! Same here with my numbers! I majorly failed the 1 hour- I think I had like a 180? But passed well below top of the range for the 3 hour, on all 3 draws! So weird.

27. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: nah, 4 hour drive away. One of my best friends though. I'll be 34.5 weeks which is alright for due date, not too close.

I had a dream a few days before my GD test that I delivered a 10lb 10oz. baby boy in Greece at 28 weeks...I had just come back from our trip and I guess I was getting concerned about the diabetes test because in my dream I said "I definitely had gestational diabetes so good thing I delivered now." Very silly dream.

28. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: yeah, I'm hoping it was just a dream and yeah, I want them in there as long as possible, but won't be past 38 weeks.

@hilsy85: I was told that after 30 weeks, we'll be able to see what the babies final positions will be. For the best chance for a vaginal birth, both babies need to be head down. Baby A (the girl) will come out first and baby B (boy) second. If they are within 20% in measurements, I should be able to have them both vaginally. If the boy is significantly bigger, there is a chance he might get stuck and I'll end up with a vaginal birth for the girl and c-section for the boy. I'm told OBs might lean towards doing a c-section for both, if the boy is bigger. At my last u/s, the girl was at 37% and the boy was 53-57%. There is nothing I can do at this point than to wait and see. Oh, if the girl comes out, and the boy loves all the space and turns breech, my OB could do a breech extraction where they will grab his feet and pull him out. Some OBs are experienced and ok with this and some are not. My OB is a group of OBs so I could get her or someone on her group.

29. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@MamaBear87: Luckily we're using my Grandfather's middle name for the baby's middle name. One less decision to make!

@bluestriped bee: There are so many variables with labor and delivery. It seems like even with a healthy, normal, singleton pregnancy, all the stars have to align for things to go as planned.

Good news from yesterday's appointment. I only gained 1 pound (up 17 total....meh ), the placenta is no longer low lying, and I passed the glucose test! Phew!

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Charm54: I like Maeve! We're having the same thing, I suggest and he says no way and vice versa. But we both love Gemma so we're excited to have half. And Lachlan is awesome!

@hilsy85: makes me feel better we aren't the only ones. And yay for passing!!

@NovBaby1112: if we were having a boy we would probably be in your boat!

@jodyblair: that's such a cool nod to your grandpa.

@bluestriped bee: I hope the babies are still safely cooking this morning! Let us know

@Mrs. Pickle: I keep forgetting to say love your crib! How did you end up finishing the colors?

31. BSB

@jodyblair: Yeah, there are. I'm open to vaginal or c-section. I would prefer a vaginal birth but I know c-section is pretty common for multiples.

@MamaBear87: Babies are doing good today.

I will be seeing my OB today for my 28w u/s and glucose test. Wish me luck!! There have been 2-3 times where I've had symptoms of low blood sugar and I'm worried about if this means I'm at risk for GD (or maybe that was not my own dumb fault for not eating regularly). Also, I was diagnosed with insulin resistant PCOS prior to getting pregnant. I feel like I'm high risk. I know there are no symptoms to GD but I feel like I might be a bit susceptible.

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: good news about the placenta and passing your test!!!

33. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@jodyblair: sounds like a fab appointment! Yay for the placenta movement.

@bluestriped bee: hope it went well. Another peek at the babies!

34. BSB

@Mrs. Goose: thanks! I won't know the results for 2-3 days. They said they will only call if there is a concern. Oh, I had the clear fruit punch version. It was given to me cold so that helped. I did feel like I was going to throw up but I took a few sips of water and it seemed to have helped. Also, I was they called back to do my u/s so that distracted me from thinking of the gross drink.

So twins are doing fairly well. Boy is at 52% and girl is at 48%. Both are head down. So far so good for a vaginal birth. Oh, the u/s tech had to push down so much to get measurements that it was hurting. She really had to push on my pubic bone. Ouch. Luckily, the pain went away when the u/s was over.

There is a bit of concern about the fluid in each sac. The boy has enough and the girl has borderline low fluid. I was told that maybe the girl isn't drinking enough amniotic fluid or maybe she is but her kidneys aren't processing it and she is not peeing it out. They also said that it could be nothing and normal. I will be seen in two weeks for another u/s to double check this. I have read one instance that a twin mom had to deliver her twins at 32 weeks because the one twin continued to lose fluid. It does worry me but trying not to stress out too much. If my anxiety gets bad, I'll see my accupunturist. Other than that both babies are over 2 lbs each. I have the exact weights but it's in my purse and I don't want to get up.

http://www.m.webmd.com/baby/amniotic-fluid-volume-twins

35. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@bluestriped bee: A possible positive light...my dad is a twin, was born super early in the 1940s and both were just over a pound and are now 67 and thriving more than ever Stay positive!

36. BSB

@babycanuck: thanks! I have a friend my age that said she was born at a little over 2lbs.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@bluestriped bee: I have a younger cousin who was born at around 2 pounds. He's now a bright and happy 8 year old. So even worst case they'll be ok! But hopefully things look better in 2 weeks

And it's awesome they let you have a bit of water and do your u/s during. Distraction is good

38. BSB

@MamaBear87: thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping since they are 2lbs now that if I have to deliver now that they'll be fine.

39. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: that's good that they are both head down! Hopefully the fluid improves so you can keep them in a little while longer.

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yup, you're past the super risky point so chances are good that they will both be ok even if you deliver soon. Hopefully they are able to stay put for awhile though!

@babycanuck: That's crazy about your weight, glad you got a second opinion. I'm up 9 lbs over my prepregnancy weight but because of my weight loss in the beginning my OB is saying keep eating. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding!

@jodyblair: Yay for passing the glucose test! I just had mine Wednesday but I haven't heard back yet. Actually I think they're only going to call if there's an issue. I have no idea what position my LO is in! I feel him moving all over the place. I went to a GI appointment a couple days ago and my GI went to press on my stomach and baby kicked at him too which seemed to surprise him.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee