Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I don't know! It will be interesting to see how that affected your weight gain. I'm annoyed with your OB for even making an issue out of your weight gain - it does not seem inappropriate to me, plus you've had two healthy pregnancies and from what I can tell have managed to lose the weight. My baby is consistently measuring 10 days to 2 weeks ahead - my first two were 8.13 and 8.5 so I think this little girl is trying to top her brothers I had C sections with my first two and wanted to try to VBAC with this one but the OBs have already mentioned that if I keep measuring big they would recommend against it because of the shoulder dystocia risk (among other risks), then again I have not proven I can deliver vaginally and have never even gone into labor. I was interested to learn the difference between baby's abdomen measuring big and the other parts - they also mentioned to me that the baby's abdomen was measuring 2+ weeks ahead and is the biggest (relative) part of the baby. I didn't know that it was the only thing that can be readily altered by diet as I think you mentioned. Maybe I should watch my carbs too!

2. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@shellio: it just terrifies me to think of having a baby born with a dislocated or broken bone! Ack! I have an ultrasound 2 weeks from friday, and fingers crossed that everything has caught up to her chubby belly.
    And yes, I lost the weight easily with of my girls...I'm not too concerned about my gain (especially since I have friends who've gained 50+), I am more worried about the baby being so big that it's dangerous. My OB is a bit extreme on some issue....downside of seeing an MFM, maybe?

3. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: It is so hard to predict what will happen. Having a large baby or having GD (which I know you don't have) increases the risk of shoulder dystocia but it is still relatively unlikely. Complications happen with C sections too. It is impossible to know what the right choice is - I feel like I've had to do that with every pregnancy and delivery and I still second guess my choices.

4. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

Looking forward to my appt this afternoon because I feel like July has turned my into an uncomfortable elephant lol. I still get this pain in my upper right abdomen, right under my boob. It is impossible to get comfortable because of it. My doc keeps shrugging it off that it's because I'm petite and my liver has nowhere to go. Also my feet swelling is so bad... I got compression socks offline (size large when I'm normally a 6.5) and I couldn't even get them over my ankles :\ Anyone else swelling in this heat?!

Also, I have been getting the most obnoxious comments from people, mostly at work that I don't know well. It's like people have no filter lol. "Are you sure you're due in Oct?" "Are you sure there's not 2 in there?" I'm 5 feet tall there's nowhere for baby to go!!! Just gotta try to laugh it off I guess!!

5. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@BelugaBean: That sounds painful I find when I stand up to walk or roll over I get uncomfortable pain but not quite what the are describing. Do you need to get one of those things to wear? You poor thing :\

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

So I got surprising news this morning. I have GD, so surprised and not happy about this. I forgot to ask what my exact levels were on the phone but I'm wondering if my doc is super conservative about this as baby was measuring at 45 percentile almost all the way around just 3 weeks ago. Anyone else have it? I'm just hoping I have a mild case and don't have to do insulin or anything.

Had to joke to my dh that now we really have a reason to adopt our second.

Hope everyone else is having a better Friday!

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@shellio: I know you mentioned GD babies have a higher chance of having shoulder dystocia. Is that from them generally being larger or is it regardless of size?

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@bluestriped bee: and I know this is nothing like your news. Glad to see you being so upbeat on the boards and that the babies and you are still doing good. Hopefully the dogs got to visit!

9. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

i feel like the late 20 weeks is a holding pattern. nothing going on over here. some days i'm sore and waddling around, other days i barely feel pregnant! since i'm the last of the group, i can't wait til i get to the 30 week mark so maybe something will feel like it's happening! ha.

10. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@natalie403: ugh I'm sick of the comments too! Whenever I say I still have 2 months to go people's eyes bug out of their head

@MamaBear87: bummer about the GD. Hopefully it can be controlled by diet. My BFF currently has GD and doesn't have to take insulin, just needs to watch what she eats. Did they tell you when you would get more info?

@birdofafeather: I feel like shit got real at 30 weeks! I don't know what it is about hitting that milestone but it feels like this baby is actually going to come at some point now !

I have been having my roughest week yet ... It's HOT here and I find it hard to breathe/move/anything. I know I shouldn't complain since I'm in Canada and we don't get too many days like this but it's really taking a toll on me.

Also, within the last 5 days I've been having several contractions a day. Mild period like cramps, but they don't feel like B hicks did with my DD. with DD my b hicks just felt like a tightening, no pain at all. though maybe because it's my 2nd B hicks are more likely to be painful?
    I'll bring it up at my apt next week. Last night I had like 5 in a row and I almost went in to get checked, but they seemed to calm down a bit when I went to bed. It's so much harder this time chasing after DD all day !

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: I'm with you! Part of me wants to not hit 30 week mark but on the other hand it's boring waiting for it.
    @Charm54: my hospital handles the gd education stuff. I can call them later today and set up an appointment. So I'm guessing Monday.
    The heat sucks. We live by the beach so it's an occasional thing for me too but its awful when it happens. Hopefully your Braxton hicks turn out to be no big deal

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Charm54: my BHs are definitely uncomfortable--but I can tell they are BHs because I can feel my whole belly tighten, and they don't usually follow one after the other after the other...I'll get a few randomly interspersed throughout the day.

@birdofafeather: yep this is kind of the boring part! I'm 29 weeks 1 day and still feel like I have sooo much time!

13. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: I just went through all the baby stuff stored at my moms house and I had way more than I remember! Deleted extras from my Amazon list because bottle nipples, pacis, burp cloths, etc all were in great shape still. I thought about moving the changing table into my bedroom and reorganizing R's clothes but I feel like I have forever and looking at a changing table for 3 months with no need for it seems silly!

14. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: I know I keep putting off doing things (like moving LO to a big boy bed! and reorganizing clothes) because I feel like I have so much time. All I want to do is peruse cute clothes online now that some fall stuff is out

15. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm sorry you didn't pass!!

@Charm54: hmmm I've been getting BH but they at more like a tightening, not painful, and don't have a patten...I would ask your doc at your next appt...make sure you are drinking tons of water in this heat, I guess dehydration can cause contractions!

I went to the hospital today bc I wasn't feeling baby boy move a lot last evening and this morning, thankfully everything was ok but it made me so nervous!

I've been doing so much around the house lately getting stuff ready and I just think I've been overdoing it so going to try and take it easy.

16. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@MamaBear87: Sorry to hear about the GD. Hopefully it's able to just be controlled with diet.

@NovBaby1112: Glad everything is ok!

This heat is killing me! It's been in the 90s with ridiculous humidity for the last few weeks. All I want to do is sit inside with the AC blasting.

17. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@NovBaby1112: I went to see my midwife last weekend for the same reason because I had freaked myself out. They did a non-stress test and then after a day of nothing, or nothing that I had felt, the baby decided to start moving a bunch in the test. And my midwife said everything was fine. It's hard not to get nervous! Glad everything was good. Movements for me are a lot different now then a month ago, very tight feeling and just shifting the whole body instead of little kicks and punches.

We had a heat warning for a few days where I live. I barely left the house. I'm going to order pregnancy compression tights (if I get to it) for the wedding I am in at the end of the summer because it is a short dress and it's probably going to be so hot!

My 30 week appointment was good, no GD, which I was happy about.

I can't tell if I feel BH. Can some people just not get them? Who knows?!

Keep up the good work growing those babies ladies!

18. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: yikes! glad everything is ok! I have a few times here and there when I get nervous about movement too. So stressful having them on the inside where we can't see them!

19. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Had an appointment today--lost almost 5 lbs! I guess watching your carbs and sugar really does work (I def wasnt expecting to lose). Wow! My next ultrasound is 2 weeks from today (I'll be 34+1) to check on baby's size and whether or not she's still in the 95%.

@MamaBear87: GD babies are at a higher risk for shoulder dystocia because of their size. If your babe isn't measuring big, there's nothing to worry about!

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: ugh the heat is brutal...I feel bad complaining after the crazy winter we had, but I'm ready for 70 degree weather

@Mrs. Goose: glad everything was ok for you too! Yea he is normally very active in the evening/night and I barely felt a thing last night. Then this morning I though I would feel him a lot after coffee and breakfast but still nothing so I just decided to call my Dr to be safe. The nurse said he could have moved into a different position which may have attributed.

@hilsy85: ugh I know, I'm just ready for him to be on the outside!!

21. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm sorry you have GD!

@Charm54: @jodyblair: @NovBaby1112: the heat is so bad! I don't why I didn't think about going through the 3rd tri during the hottest part of the year when I was pushing so hard for a January embryo transfer. I'm trying to stay inside as much as possible and take water with me every time I leave.

I had my 30 week appointment today. I had an ultrasound and baby is measuring a little ahead. She's head down still and low! My OB said her growth looks good and everything with the two of us is normal.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: we have to move our whole closet and set up her "room" in our walk in and I just keep looking at it and putting it off. So your in good company.
    @NovBaby1112: @jodyblair: I missed one number by 4 points so I'm a bit miffed. And just had my class and my number was way under... so I may make my doc re think me being officially diagnosed if my numbers keep being perfect. Obviously if they start coming back high I want to keep me and baby healthy but I'm thinking I may have had a bad day.
    @Mrs. Goose: Totally with you on the heat being miserable. I don't really feel bh either but I'm a bit earlier than you.
    @Rainbow Sprinkles: glad things are going well! Fingers crossed your avoiding carbs keeps going well.

I feel you guys on the movement thing! Sometimes she makes me SO NERVOUS when she's all quiet! Thus far I've felt her pretty good before I feel I have to call.

23. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@MamaBear87: We still have our 18 mo old in the master closet Its a great option. As for shoulder dystocia - maternal obesity and GD both increase risk independent of fetal size. The increase in risk is very slight and there is some thought that fetal proportion is slightly different, for example possibly with wider shoulders, but this isn't well defined in the literature that I've seen. I'm sorry you got this diagnosis - but at least it sounds like you are borderline so you will still be able to just monitor your diet and not take additional meds!

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@shellio: we're hoping living in the closet will be fairly temporary. We should know right after she's born whether we are moving to az or not. At which point we will look for a place there or a bigger one here. But until things get sorted it's prefect.

My numbers all seem fine as long as I don't go too crazy. So hopefully it stays that way. Somehow this has made all the changes in store all the more real so that was a bit scary but I am feeling better this morning.

Drs appointment on Tuesday and get to see the little monkey so excited for that!

25. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

This thread is moving so fast now!

Jealous of all your ultrasounds, my next one I think is at 34 weeks and I'm really curious to see if this baby is as huge as he feels!

Survived a six hour flight with dd a few days ago, the first since.potty training, with a uti (thankfully not too symptomatic) some cramps and a two year old that doesn't nap. I downloaded some shows for dd then forgot my phone. Thankfully dd was well behaved. Relieved that's over and Dh will be with us on the way back!

Anyone doing anything for stretch mark prevention? I bought some cocoa butter for it but I doubt it works. Everything looks so stretched I can't imagine it'll be long before stretch marks start popping up.

26. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: head down is good! Hopefully she stays that way for you! I can't wait for my 32 week ultrasound to check growth and the placenta/cord issue. Curious of baby's positioning too...

@MamaBear87: 4 points?! Oh man, I would be pissed too! Hopefully that means you won't have to do too much change

@2littlepumpkins: ive just been using cocoa butter oil like last time, nothing too special. I didn't get any the first time but who knows what will happen this time!

27. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I didn't use anything for stretch marks last time and never got any, so I'm hoping the same is true for this pregnancy. I fully expected to get at least a few since I got them on my hips as a teenager. Weird how things work out!

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@jodyblair: @2littlepumpkins: same re: stretch marks--I didn't do anything last time and didn't get any on my stomach. I did get some on my boobs I think from when my milk came in. Hopefully no new ones this time around!

Anyone else having sciatica pain? Between that and just being swollen and sensitive in the crotch area, I spent last night feeling like someone had been kicking me between the legs with steel toed boots! no fun.

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yes! Awful sciatica..every once and awhile if I move positions too quickly at night I get this electrocuting pain down the middle of my butt check and leg. Ugh. Another annoying symptom to add to the list!

30. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@hilsy85: No sciatica pain yet, but I didn't get it until late in the 3rd trimester last time. It can stay away for as long as possible!

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NovBaby1112: I'm feeling a bit better about things. It seems like as long as I eat balanced my numbers are just fine. Might try a bit of cake tonight of hubby's birthday and see how the numbers do.

No stretch marks really yet . I have two that have appeared on one hip. Fingers crossed they stay away.

@hilsy85: my sciatic pain has gotten better lately. Still twingy of I stand up too fast tho

32. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I've been putting some cocoa butter on and none yet, but I used it religiously last time and got splattered with them the last 3 weeks

@hilsy85: hope you feel better! I feel a lot of pressure and slight pain down there but luckily it hasn't affected my sleep yet

DD kissed my belly tonight and said "hi baby!" It melted my heart especially because up until now she has been completely against the idea of a sibling. I think she is coming around, and I can't wait to see the two together!

33. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I use coconut oil. We will see what happens. I am using it in large part just because my tummy skin feels so dry! No more ultrasounds for me unless they deem it necessary. So my last was at 24 weeks for the follow up anatomy, which feels like so long ago. Baby is transverse for me right now though.

@Charm54: that is so sweet! :). My niece talks to the baby when I see her and a little boy I babysit asks if the baby is in there and rubs my tummy sometimes.

My sleep is getting worse! I am tossing and turning a lot, getting some heartburn or reflux, and hip pain. One of those things wakes me up and keeps me up for a while in the night lately.

34. Mrs. Pickle

@2littlepumpkins: I'm putting Palmer's cocoa butter on my stomach, but more for dry skin than stretch mark prevention. I think stretch marks are more about genetics. I've already gotten plenty on my chest so if some pop up on my stomach, oh well.

DH and I were supposed to take a birth class and tour our hospital tomorrow and next Tuesday, but I just got a call that the class is cancelled. They can reschedule me for mid September, but I'll be 37 weeks!! I didn't want to wait that long. I've already paid so I'll take the later option and pray I don't go into labor early. I really want the tour and to know more about the hospital's policies before I deliver.

35. Mrs. Pickle

Is anyone else feeling first trimester type exhaustion creeping back in? I don't feel tired when I wake up, but around 3-4 I can barely keep my eyes open!

36. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hilsy85: I've been mostly having the crotch pain. It almost feels bruised/broken? All the doctor told me was that I need to get a maternity support belt (there's one specifically for this pain I believe) and that it'll more than likely go away after labor. It gets worse when I'm more active and today I've started having a crackling feeling in the same location when I squat to pick something up. Definitely no fun but I know it's not too bad if that's the worst that's happening!

37. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I've definitely been feeling more like I did in the first trimester. Some days I'm exhausted and nauseous all day and others I'm okay. I'm almost always tired though because I'm not sleeping well at all most nights plus LO1 has been in a phase lately where she just wants to move and be active with me. I was just thinking this morning that I wish I felt like I did even three weeks ago.

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BelugaBean: blah...it sucks! I think it also had to do with the fact that DH and I had sex over the weekend--next time, i might have to sit on an ice pack afterward for a while

@Mrs. Pickle: Omg soo tired!! I feel like I've been tired this entire pregnancy though, probably thanks to LO1. I am up at 6 every day, and get exhausted around 8/9am, and then again around 2/3/4pm. I really just need to start going to bed at like 9:30, but LO1 doesn't fall asleep til 9 so then DH and I would literally have no time together during the week.

Anyone bored and want to help me pick a newborn photographer? Trying to decide between these two...

http://www.carlyjara.com/newbies/
    http://www.heathermosher.com/portfolio/

The second one does beautiful work but it might be too stylized for me...

39. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: that's a good way to put it - I'm so tired that I told Dh yesterday I was nauseous! I almost started taking my diclectin again, but luckily it hasn't been too bad yet. Bummer that your class got cancelled at least the info will be fresh in your mind when you go to deliver!

40. Mrs. Pickle

@hilsy85: I'm not bored..but easily distracted. I'd pick the first one! I like lifestyle newborn shoots with a few posed shots, and that seems like what she does. I don't think you can go wrong though. They both take beautiful photos.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee