Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NovBaby1112: I'm thinking its a boy, just because this pregnancy has been so different than with DD .. I get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about the moment when we finally get to find out! Glad your ultrasound went well...it's so strange to think the babies are getting in their final positions and prepping for the big day

@bluestriped bee: glad you are still hanging in there! 30 weeks is a great milestone. Hopefully the time isn't passing too slowly for you.

2. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I just realized that I will be 34 weeks on Saturday, which means baby could be here in 4 weeks (dd2 was 10 days early)! I can't emphasize enough how strongly I hope the next 4/5 weeks fly by..... I feel like I've hit a wall!

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MamaBear87: yes, totally different movement. Lots of shifts and rolls, and many fewer kicks. I feel like she is constantly moving her butt from side to side. I am also getting some lovely punches to the bladder.

@Rainbow Sprinkles: eek! So exciting! I am also ready to be done (mentally) but in actuality I am not even close to being prepared!

4. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@hilsy85: My mom took the girls on Sunday, and we spent the whole day deep cleaning, taking out all the newborn clothes, washing and folding the swaddle blankets, etc. So now, I am feeling super ready and I'm even more annoyed by pregnancy. haha! I know, bad attitude to have, but it's been a rough one!

5. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: nice! I need to do that...I will probably feel more motivated once September hits, fall just seems so far away still!

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Also, my current silly obsession--picking which angel deal lovey to get for the baby. LO1 is obsessed with his angel dear dalmatian, and I am trying to pick out something equally cute for this little girl!,

7. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: that doesn't sound like a comfortable position at all!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I'm getting anxious (in a good way) for October. I'm ready for her to be on the outside, so I understand how you feel!

@hilsy85: ooh, have you narrowed it down?

I'm 32 weeks today! I hope baby comes at the end of September and I don't go over. Wishful thinking I'm sure. I just finished my last nursery project and need to hang some things on the wall and put away clothes. After that I think we'll be ready. Well, I also still need to buy a car seat.

8. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: that will be such an amazing moment, I can't wait for you to find out!!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: holy!! 4/5 weeks is so close!! I feel you- I am counting down the days/weeks....I hope once I hit 35 weeks it flies
    by!
    @Mrs. Pickle: love those colors!! It looks awesome

@hilsy85: fun! I'm a sucker for lambs and kittens

9. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: @Mrs. Pickle: I think we are going to go for the lamb big decisions, I know!

@Mrs. Pickle: exciting!! love that growth chart/ruler!

10. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: so cute!! I love the colours. We finished DDs big girl room last night so that feels like a big job done. She moves in tonight and I'm hoping the transition goes okay... I may have shed a few tears putting her down yesterday for her last night in her crib

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Charm54: it will be so exciting to find out! I applaud you waiting, there's no way I wouldn't have caved.
    @Rainbow Sprinkles: I'm coming up on 30 and between the gd diagnosis and just being tired and things hurting I'm all for her being here finally!
    @hilsy85: I feel you on the bladder punches. Mine has excellent timing, it seems to always be mid convo, I have to pause for a bathroom break
    @Mrs. Pickle: love the colors in your nursery! Makes me realize I really have to figure out what I'm doing with our tiny space.

12. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I love the ruler! I want to do something like that. Need to get off my butt and do it though.

@Charm54: it's going to be fun to find out who we have been carrying in there! I have no idea, but I had a girl dream early on and then I had a dream I gave birth to a huge boy a month or so ago. My mum and sister have also had dreams that it is a boy. My friend has decided it is a girl and my husband weirdly said "I wonder what she is doing in there" when watching my stomach move a few weeks ago.

32 weeks today!

13. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I just bought some vinyl decals from groopdealz a few days ago to make a ruler like that. That's so weird you made something like that around the same time I bought one.

14. BSB

As for me, I've developed some rashes on my stomach, hands, feet, legs and arms. I thought it was the antibiotic I was on then thought it was the lotion. I'm not able to narrow it down but the nurse suggested telling my dr and they think it's PUPPS or cholestasis. Got blood drawn today to see if it is cholestasis. The itching is annoying but I think it's a mild form of it. Just red tiny dots not huge red spots. It shouldn't affect my maternity pictures on Friday.

15. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: @hilsy85: @Charm54: @MamaBear87: @Mrs. Goose: thanks!!

@bluestriped bee: I was originally going to get a stencil and paint the numbers. I couldn't find a stencil in the size I wanted so I got the stickers. I should have planned that from the start! It was easy. I used a paint pen for the marks. When will you get the blood test results back? I hope it's just some random rash and not something serious.

I had my 32 week appointment. The nurse had to chase the baby with the Doppler. She kept squirming away! Everything is still good. I'm having another ultrasound at 34 weeks.

16. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: oh so fun that you are also ! There aren't many of us around here haha. It was such an amazing moment to hear my Dh say that we had a daughter, I can't wait for that again

@Mrs. Pickle: so jealous that you get some ultrasounds! My Dr doesn't do any past 20w unless medically necessary I wish I could get one last peek and just to ensure everything is going fine!

17. Mrs. Pickle

@Charm54: I didn't expect to get any past 20 weeks because after my first appointment that's what I was told. My doctor decided to do them monthly after the anatomy scan. I think it has to do with the baby being conceived via donor embryo. I won't lie, it's nice to see her so often.

18. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: exciting!!

I have my 30/31 week appt today, and a 32 week growth ultrasound in 1.5 weeks. Excited to see how much she weighs! also crazy that appts are every 2 weeks from here on out...@bluestriped bee: yikes! I hope it is nothing, sorry you have to deal with that on top of everything else!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@bluestriped bee: hope the rash is just annoying and nothing serious.

@Charm54: I get to have u/s monthly and while it is awesome to see her so often it does still make me pause a bit that the doc is slightly more worried about my white coat syndrome than she let's on.

@hilsy85: it's crazy that we've gotten to the every 2 week point!

I'm finally getting apprehensive about labor. Oddly the upside to my gd diagnosis is I've been walking like 30 min a day min and brought my little hand weights upstairs so I'm using those while watching TV and I feel way more like my body can actually handle going thru labor now.

20. Mrs. Pickle

@hilsy85: the two weeks between appointments goes by so fast!

21. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

How is everyone doing?? Baby girl is moving SO much lately, to the point where it's actually really uncomfortable (although very comforting mentally!). I feel like she is constantly pushing her butt into my ribs/lungs, or punching my cervix/bladder.

Also, just FYI Gap and Old Navy are having 40% off everything (including sale!) in case anyone is looking...I just bought some things for fall and one adorable dress for next summer

22. Mrs. Pickle

@hilsy85: uh oh. I didn't know about the sale but now I'm going to look! Not sure if I should thank you.

I'm ok. My LO moves a ton too and has started jabbing her foot in my ribs. Ow. My sleep is starting to go downhill, so I'm getting to the point of being done! I'm so excited to meet her.

23. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: oh I might look for some things for me post partum.... The good thing about fall babies is you can cover up the post baby bump with some comfy sweaters

Baby is moving a TON here too! Big rolls and kicks. I love feel them and am trying to savour even the painful ones since I know this is probably my last

We moved DD to her big girl bed this week and the transition has gone really smoothly (knock on wood.) I feel better knowing that's one thing crossed off our to do list and I can start getting the nursery organized for a newborn.

We are staying at the beach this week - it is HOT here. For the first time all summer I feel really uncomfortable. Luckily my parents put a pool in this year so we are taking advantage of that.

Hope you are all well!

24. BSB

@hilsy85: yeah, my babies are moving around a lot. Some days it's uncomfortable like my stomach is upset. I need to get a video of both of them kicking at the same time.

25. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Hi! I'll be 35 weeks this week which is totally nuts. I'm carrying really high and baby is totally up in my ribs and it's driving me crazy! I basically ditch the bra whenever I can because the underwire sits right on the baby!

I had an ultrasound last week and baby looks great. My diet has had a huge impact. Her belly is now measuring in the 65th or 70th percentile rather than the 95th, and all over her gain has really evened out. And my weight hasn't really moved either -- up 23 lbs. My doctor isn't worried about her being huge anymore which really sets my worries at ease. But I'm sure she will be another 8 1/2 pounder!

Here's a pic from the US.

26. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@hilsy85: I'm gonna have to check out that sale!

@bluestriped bee: did you find out more about the rash?

27. BSB

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Glad your baby is doing well and not in the 95 percentile. Remind me again, did you go to term for both of your LOs?

As for the rash, it's still there. Some nights are worse than others. The hydrocortisone ointment and benedryl at night helps. My blood tests showed no elevated levels of bile acids so at this moment I don't have cholestasis. They will do anothe blood draw soon to see if there is any change. They said its could be a mild form of PUPPS. Either way, they said they wouldn't change the way they treat it. I think with cholestasis they induce at 37 weeks but since I'll be induced at 34 weeks, it really doesn't change anything. Thanks for asking. It's not a horrible rash, it's like I got mosquito bites on my feet, legs, arms and fingers. The benedryl helps me sleep at night. Oh, it does tend to be worse at night.

28. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@bluestriped bee: I was induced with DD1 at 40 weeks and she was 7 lbs, and went 10 days early with DD2 and she was 8 1/2 lbs.

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yea this baby moves a lot, esp in the evening/night!

@Mrs. Pickle: my sleep has been awful lately, ugh...I cannot wait to sleep on my belly!!!

@Charm54: pools are a lifesaver while pregnant! I can't even stand to be out in the heat without pool or ocean.

@Rainbow Sprinkles: OMG 35 weeks eek!! So close! What a cute pic too I was hoping we would get one at our last U.S. But she was hiding her face boo! Glad to hear your LO is growing at a nice pace now!

@bluestriped bee: I hope your rash clears soon! That sounds uncomfortable....hope you are hanging in there ok!

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hilsy85: Agreed about baby's kicks hurting now! I don't think I ever felt dd in my ribs so this has been a new sensation. It's like I feel this little guy EVERYWHERE. I'm afraid he's HUGE, lol.

@Charm54: So funny you should say that, buying sweaters on ON is exactly what I did last night! Glad the transition went/is going well!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: So cute! And I'm totally jealous you're at 35 weeks already! Haha.

@bluestriped bee: Sorry you're still dealing with the rash.

As for me everything is pretty much going ok right now! I have the whole list of stuff to order for baby on amazon but haven't bought it yet. Dh is talking about installing the carseat soonish (it's sitting in a bag in the crib!) and now that we are back from our family trip we are pretty much feeling ready! I have an ultrasound scheduled for about 34 weeks so we're looking forward to our first ultrasound since the anatomy scan (which feels weird since we had 7 before it!) We're having dd's birthday pics taken and the photographer offered to also do a few family shots but we'll see because I'll be I think 36 or 37 weeks then!

31. Mrs. Pickle

I think I'm starting to get Braxton Hicks. My whole stomach goes rock hard for a minute or so. There isn't a pattern or anything. Second time moms is that what they feel like?

32. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: From my twins class, I heard BH is a contraction of the whole belly. Sounds like it to me.

33. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: yes that's exactly what they feel like...my whole belly would get hard for a little bit. They didn't hurt at all.

This time around they are more painful, like a period cramp...my OB said that's normal but it still freaks me out!

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@hilsy85: my little one can now reach my ribs with kicks. Cool but not very comfortable. She's super bouncy most of the time but of course was mostly quiet today when my best friend came to visit. She did finally give her one good kick!

@Charm54: The pool sounds amazing! The heat not so much…

@Mrs. Pickle: I for sure am getting BH now. And yes my whole belly goes hard, or at least half of it and my doc confirmed thats what they feel like at my last appointment. Yesterday when it was super hot I was getting a bit concerned about there being quite a few but today is much better. Glad someone else is feeling them. Wish we were of the ladies that don't really get them tho!

30 week appointment on Friday. I'll actually be almost 31 weeks. Sleep is going downhill for me too! Getting more and more excited to meet my little love!

35. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

We are getting so close ladies! I guess since this is my second one I have been sort of lazy about getting stuff together until this week...and, today I totally overdid it cleaning and organizing and making lists (felt awful and went to the doctor for a checkup and apparently looked awful). Need to do this in pieces

In other news, I passed my 3 hour glucose test...I hadn't heard and was nervous because I was worried they were holding it until my appointment today since it would require counseling, etc. I celebrated by making Rice Krispie treats for dessert (in fairness other kiddos and a preggo were coming over) and I ate more than my share. Back to being a reasonable preggo tomorrow

36. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

had a 29w appt today where i did that blood draw instead of the fasting glucose. i looked up more info and apparently it looks at 2-3 months worth of levels, instead of instant, so it's a general look? i guess the doc will tell me what it means when i go back in 3 weeks!

in other news, after waiting for an hour, i decided just to do the U/S (my OB does them every time and i was going to skip every other after my anatomy scan just because i don't really see the point) and the OB casually mentioned, oh yeah, you'll feel more pressure as her head gets engaged in your pelvis for delivery....
    me: oh, so she's head down now?
    OB: oh yeah, she was breech last time, now she's head down. we don't really worry about that until later anyway...
    me (thinking): then why the heck do you tell me anything to begin with!!

so DD2 flipped to head down sometime between 24-29 weeks, yay!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: i can't believe you're 34, almost 35 weeks!! ahhhhh!
    @Mrs. Pickle: love that ruler! so fun! i didn't know what BH were like last go around and now that i've gone through labor, i realized i totally had them before (and have them now!)
    @MamaBear87: i'm feeling like such a blob! i wish i could get motivated to work out a bit. i was in pretty good shape last pregnancy and now this one i don't feel like my body is ready! i went on vacation last week with my in laws and it was fun and so freaking tiring at the same time because the sleeping arrangements for DD with MIL didn't work (trying not to totally freak out on the fact that my MIL is equal parts helpful and totally selfish) so we had to cosleep with my crazy 2.5 y.o. who doesn't cosleep. ever. DH and i were exhausted every morning because she woke up for like 1.5-2 hours every night just rolling around, asking us questions, wanting water, snacks, etc.
    @mrsjenbug: good news on passing the 3 hour! what a relief!

37. BSB

@mrsjenbug: woohoo on passing your 3 hr test!

@birdofafeather: I posted a pic on Instagram and with a hashtag #31weekspregnantwithtwins and I so happened to click on the hashtag to see what others have posted. There is a mother out there doing upside yoga poses while pregnant with twins. I was thinking, oh, hell no.

38. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@bluestriped bee: ahahah! i had an acquaintance like that who was pregnant with twins. when the twins hit 7 months, she did a side by side with them in utero at 7 months and then out.... the 7 month pregnant photo looked how i looked at 7 months! i couldn't figure out where the two kids were in there! it was crazy.

39. BSB

@birdofafeather: Oh, really? I admit I've gotten many comments from people about how tiny I am considering I'm carrying twins. I have to tell people that there's two 3 lb babies in there so 6 lbs of baby in there right now.

So I think I can post this because the photos shown here are all public on IG.

40. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@mrsjenbug: yay for passing! Rice Krispies sound delicious

I had my 34 week apt today - Dr was concerned I was leaking fluid so she did a swab check (ouch!!) but luckily it turned out to be nothing. I got another quick ultrasound to confirm that baby is head down , and thankful he/she is!

I also had a chance to meet with the lactation consultant to let her know my plan and wishes for this baby. She seemed to be very supportive (I want to EP and supplement like I did with DD) which is a nice change from the last time. I'm hoping my hospital experience in terms of feeding is less hellish than it was with DD.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee