Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@birdofafeather: I have a suspicion lo is not head down and I'm getting close to 33w.. I wonder when the chances of baby flipping go down. Guess I'll see at my ultrasound.

@Charm54: that's nice that everything is worked out pre-hospital. I haven't decided about bf'ing still!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@bluestriped bee: woah. I though you weren't supposed to go upside down while pregnant! Maybe that's just an old wives tale?

3. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Charm54: So glad the leaking was nothing!

@Mrs. Pickle: Oh, I don't know. Didn't think about that. I was thinking that maybe she was doing it to flip her babies so they would be head down, but I think there are positions that you can do that don't involve needing your feet above your head.

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Anyone having a shower or anything coming up? We're not having anything, which makes it difficult for me to know when is a good time to start buying the few things we need. I mainly need a new crib mattress, which I think I am getting next week, and a new video monitor--which one are you all getting? I also ordered a solly baby wrap today--20% off!

5. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I get so behind! I'll try to keep up better as we get closer! At my last appointment, the midwife said the baby feels head down and everything looked great. We still have to deal with the nursery so that's stressing me out but DH said he would get a lot done this weekend. We also just got LO potty trained since she was finally ready, which is a lot of stress off of me since she has to be for school!

@hilsy85: I have two showers coming up. My friend wanted to throw one this weekend and then DH's family is having one for me next weekend. I didn't have one at all last time though due to a variety of circumstances so I think people wanted to have one since this is our last baby. We mainly asked for diapers and wipes though. We'll probably stick with a Motorola monitor when we get a new one.

6. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: 20% off?! Where? It's on my list!

7. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: just use the code SUMMER20 on the solly baby website. A lot of colors are sold out, but I just got a basic black one.

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: yeah, i want the grey and white! since it's gonna be winter when i wear this kiddo, i should probably just fork over the extra $ once they release the new styles.... dang it. i've totally been waiting for a sale! i like the pink orchid, but DH probably won't use it then.

9. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: I also want the grey and white! It's been pre ordered for ages, even before this sale...I'm just nervous it won't be here in time, and I know I loved having a soft stretchy wrap in the beginning. I also love the swiss dot, but for fall and winter in the NE I felt like a darker color was better! Also love the navy shibori!

10. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: my GF has the navy one and it's really pretty in person!

11. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@Charm54: they were delicious! I'm embarrassed by how many I ate! Yay for your baby being head down...my little guy is sitting breech

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: oh wow, why did your dr think you were leaking fluid? I've been leaking a ton lately, but I don't know if its crazy amounts of discharge or pee...so gross!!

@birdofafeather: that's awesome she is head down! Mine was in a very weird position, both feet and head were down, so I'm curious when the feet will go up!

@mrsjenbug: yay for passing your 3 hour test!!

@Mrs. Pickle: yep sounds like BH! I've been getting them a lot too

@hilsy85: not having a shower, but I started a registry on amazon and started a list of things, thankfully we do not need a lot. just need to pull the trigger and order everything- infant carseat, new diaper bag that's roomier, and a double stroller. that's it I think! I went through all the lists on there and couldn't find anything else to add that we needed, but figure once the baby gets here we will need/want additional stuff, but that can wait.

@BelugaBean: I want LO to get potty trained so bad, but I just don't feel like she's ready, ugh....I was hoping to do it over the summer before the baby comes, but that's not going to happen probably. she doesn't have to be trained for preschool though luckily.

13. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: ooh you're doing a double? I'm going to try to make it without one! Which one did you decide on? I also need a new diaper bag, I think I'm going to try the jujube bff. I bet when you do start potty training, it will go fast--that's been the experience of all my friends who have waited!

14. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: no shower here so I've been slowly buying things as I see a good price. I bought a nuroo pocket shirt for some early skin to skin, a Moby wrap, an ubbi pail, a hands free pumpkin bra, and a Motorola double monitor (all the little luxuries I couldn't afford with DD when I was having to buy stroller, car seat, crib etc).

Our summer infant video camera was so old I couldn't buy a second camera for my model anymore so I had to pull the trigger on a new double. They are so $$$$!!!! So far though I am SO happy with the purchase - the quality is much better than my old one and it is much more user friendly! I'm also trying to get away without a double stroller ... It will turn winter pretty quickly here once baby comes and so by the time it's walking weather again DD will be almost 3. I might regret it and buy one in the end but we will see how far I can get without one!

@NovBaby1112: Dr just wanted to double check bc in the mornings when I wake up there is a LOT of discharge (so much that I have to run to the bathroom and clean up or it will go everywhere). She said it was more watery than normal but that it wasn't amniotic fluid. Phew!!

15. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I think we are going to go with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B07STBO/ref=pd_aw_sbs_75_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=06W5CMYX3GBZSASGAARS
    I just wanted something inexpensive and easy to take to places like zoo, into city, park, museums, etc. I figure I can baby wear for awhile but think it'll also be nice to have a double LO1 can sit/stand in. The JUJU BFF looks nice! I think the backpack ones are a good idea- going to look into those too.

@Charm54: OMG me too...when I wake up in the morning I swear it just gushes out- crazy and gross. I asked mine about it too and she said it was normal, especially the second time around...

16. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I really need to be better about keeping up with this thread!
    @hilsy85: I'm having a sprinkle with just my sisters, mom, sisters in law, and mother in law. My sisters really wanted to throw a shower, but I didn't want one...DS is only 2 and we're having another boy so we don't need much at all. I'm really looking forward to the sprinkle though!

I was planning on getting a Solly wrap, but my sister in law has one she's letting me use. I'm so excited! I loved wearing DS when he was tiny and I can't wait to wear this new little guy, too.

@Charm54: I'm having the same issue with our summer infant monitor. The model we have has been discontinued and I can't find a second camera I really don't want to fork over the money for a new monitor, but I'm also not ready to not have a video monitor for DS's room. DH thinks I'm crazy for still needing/wanting it in his room.

17. BSB

@hilsy85: No upcoming showers for me... Unless they plan on coming to the hospital. We had our one in July in Philly with both families and our friends. I had a dual shower at work back in May.
    I have the Moby wrap, Becco Soleil carrier and an Ergo. Is the Solly wrap similar to the Moby?

18. BSB

@NovBaby1112: I don't want to scare you but if you are leaking a ton, I would get checked out. Or call your OB. I noticed that my leaking was more like a constant trickle. I had been having vaginal duscharge for a week or two but the day I had a constant trickle, I was a bit curious since I hear people either have a trickle or a gush when they break their water. I called my OB and she said to come in. She and I both thought it was just going to be vaginal discharge. We were both wrong and it was amniotic fluid. Oh, amniotic fluid should be clear with no odor. Oh and I had no other signs like cramping or anything.
    ETA: oh, never mind, I see that you already asked your OB about it. Ok, good. Definitely don't want any of us to go through what I have.

19. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@bluestriped bee: The fabric of the Solly wrap is much thinner and softer. I haven't used it yet, but it seems like it will be more breathable. I always felt like the moby was just too much fabric.

20. BSB

@jodyblair: Ah, good to know. I got the Moby wrap for free when I went to a baby expo. I'll look into the Solly wrap. Thanks!

21. BSB

So what have you guys done or are doing for monthly photos? I was on the fence about doing the onesie stickers or the wooden blocks. I wanted something different. But then I found this on esty. It's different from what I've seen. It's pricey but I might be able to have the DH superimpose this idea (in Photoshop) onto photos we take.

22. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Charm54: we had a motorola before and really liked it before it died...there are so many new models out now!

@bluestriped bee: we will just be doing month stickers, which is what we did with Lo1. Just hoping I keep up with it like I did for him!

23. BSB

@hilsy85: Did you find it hard to keep up with it? Did you have calendar reminders or something.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: Those are super cute!

I just took monthly photos with a certain stuffed animal with dd..thinking I'll do month stickers this time around and I actually think it'll be easier.

25. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@bluestriped bee: i took photos on our glider with her bear and was able to keep up with her wearing a different color cloth diaper/headband through the first year. then i took the photo into photoshop and added the text. i knew i would be able to knock out the photos on the actual day, but if i had to do any other prep before, i would have fallen behind! (stickers or chalkboards, etc) i've actually continued on her 18 month, and 2 year photos and will do my best to continue yearly!

this time around, i'm going to go for a plain white onesie on a swaddle blanket/with the blanket as she starts crawling/moving!

edited to remove photos because it didn't work to show the images!

26. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@hilsy85: @Charm54: @jodyblair: We also had a Summer Infant monitor that was too old (2011) to get a second camera for! That was for our second, so we bought a Motorola at that time and had both until a few weeks ago when the SI finally kicked the bucket. We really dislike the Motorola and weren't crazy about buying additional cameras since we don't like it much in the first place... now we have an Infant Optics DX-8 from amazon, reasonably priced, and we like it the best of all 3! I think we'll end up getting a second camera for that one (we still use the video monitor for our 3 year old, hard to give it up) and use the Motorola for the newborn since it will be able to monitor her constantly and the one with the second camera will switch between the two older ones.

@bluestriped bee: Those are ADORABLE! That would be so cute. I took pics of both my boys every month with a fabric number I made, similar to the month stickers. To be honest it was kind of a pain and I don't love the results - I wish I would have put them next to the same stuffed animal or something, as some people do. But I guess I will try to keep it up for the third.

27. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@NovBaby1112: That's the double stroller I'm planning on getting too. I like how it also has the option for the older LO to sit or stand. DD1 is 25 months and doesn't always like to sit in her stroller, but I think something like this will be useful when we go on long walks, to the zoo, etc.

@jodyblair: I didn't really want a shower this time around either since DD1 is only 2 and we're having another girl, but my MIL wants to throw us a sprinkle. I think it will be a little bigger than yours though- maybe 30 people? (Which is still at least half as small as our shower was- we have big families.) I think it's going to be in mid-September.

@bluestriped bee: I like the chalkboard idea! I didn't really do monthly photos with DD1, so I probably won't do them with DD2 either. (It wouldn't be fair to DD1, right? Okay, okay, I guess I'm just being lazy. I do take a ton of other photos though.)

@birdofafeather: I like the idea of using the same blanket in all of the photos! It would be neat to see how the use of the blanket changes over time (swaddled, crawling on it, holding it, dragging it while walking, etc.)

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow! I'm torn between wanting the time to go faster, and wanting it to slow down. I can't wait to meet my little girl, but this will also be the last time I'm pregnant and the last few weeks that DD1 will be our only child.

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: ha that's what we did, and it got sooo tough as he got more mobile--the blanket would get yanked around, swung around, lifted up, etc. Very realistic portrayal of life with an increasingly mobile baby @bluestriped bee: not really too hard to keep up with--I always managed to do it the day of or the next day. I'm sure it will be harder with 2 though!

29. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

I am so impressed by y'all doing monthly pictures! It never happened with my DD (not to say I don't have a million pictures of her).

I think I just realized a new baby will be coming to live in our house very soon and now I am frantically trying to get everything together. My husband does not like to hold onto things so many of the things we could have reused from my first have been given away (I love new stuff as much as the next person but trying to remember what all I need is a pain!).

Anyone else waking up at night starving? I already am not sleeping well and now I wake up hungry!

Hope everyone is feeling well! So exciting for the people having showers/sprinkles (we decided we didn't want one this time around but I do remember it being so fun)!!!

30. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

We started working on the nursery this week, and my shower is on the 30th, once we have that and it's all set up I'll post some pics Braxton hicks this week, not always feeling it but a little bit. Enjoying this weekend with friends!

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrsjenbug: I have woken up hungry...and maybe had a poptart one night, lol.

I am so ready for October. I still have a lot to do but it's just install car seat, buy stuff, wash stuff. I want this baby out already!! Its been a long, painful, pregnancy, and I'm dreading how it feels at full term, but of course I'm not asking for a preemie either. and I feel bad for wishing away dd's last only child weeks because I know it'll never be the same.

32. BSB

DH just texted me and reminded me that we should have two babies in 13 days! That scares me, but for some reason telling myself babies will be here in less than 2 weeks is not so scary.

Oh, so I don't know if any of you have followed my other thread, but yesterday I started leaking a bit more than usual. Before it was trace amounts and now it feels like my period. DH is very worried. I'm a bit worried. Dr said my body will know when to start labor. I don't have any more contractions than I've been having. Babies still moving and having good NSTs. Today, I'm feeling good. I'm happy to get to 32 weeks and so are my Dr's. They are all surprised I've made it here so far. If I do go into labor, they won't do anything to stop it. Yeah, I can see why DH is very worried. I'll try to keep you guys updated. Hope everyone is doing well.

33. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@bluestriped bee: so glad you're doing well! My DD was a 34 week preemie and she did wonderfully and I've seen so many 32 weekers and they do great! If you need anything advice wise about NICU babies, just let me know!

@2littlepumpkins I had a pop tart the other night! Sadly, no more pop tarts are in the house so I just had a banana (obviously more healthy but was not as good!).

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrsjenbug: I ran out too and I seriously sat for a good five minutes deciding whether to put more on my grocery list. I ate them in the third trimester with my last baby too! I'm suddenly gaining a lot of weight (though still only up max 16lbs from prepregnancy so total is ok but it still has me a little freaked out) so I'm thinking I shouldn't buy more but then I'm still on a limited diet and poptarts agree with me ok, so that's my excuse!

DH and I just ordered 25 ITEMS from Amazon. Everything baby and I need for postpartum plus some household stuff bought in advance and a book dd asked for. It's supposed to come in four boxes and one of those is a baby swing which they'll probably bring to our door so hopefully the building manager doesn't hate us. I've been doing almost all my shopping online lately and they accept packages for us so I'm sure we aren't her favorite tenants.

35. BSB

@mrsjenbug: yay for your 34 weeker! I haven't had any other contractions but still have the moderate leaking. Hoping I can make it to 33 weeks on Friday.

36. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh my goodness 13 days (less now!) that's crazy and exciting!! hope you make it to 34 without an issue.

I had my growth u/s yesterday. Baby measured about 4lbs 4oz, which is 40something percentile. No good shots of her face unfortunately. I think we have narrowed it down to two names as well--how is everyone else doing on the name front?

37. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@hilsy85: We have our first name decided on for sure, Thomas, we just keep debating on the middle name. DH wants to use his dad's name and I want to use DH's first name. So we're debating between Thomas Michael or Thomas Alan. They both really sound fine to me, so I'll probably just cave at some point and go with Thomas Michael and just make sure I get the final say when/if we have baby #2.

I'm 34 weeks today and I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I think I'm just getting my TDAP shot and they are checking heartbeat. I really wish my office did ultrasounds more often but they said they won't do any more unless there is something they need to check on. The last ultrasound I had was at 22weeks. Hopefully the rest of this time goes by fast!

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I feel very similar...I cannot wait for this baby to come out, getting so uncomfortable!

@hilsy85: that's exciting, they are getting so big! We couldn't get any shots of the face either, he was facing my back. Ugh I feel like we are back to square one on the names. My DH keeps changing his mind about some as do I...I am scared we aren't going to find the perfect name!

@renee0106: love Thomas! That's a great name...I think either sound good for middle names too...

Are any second time moms getting the Tdap shot? I got one with my first but not sure I need another?

39. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: yep I got one at my 31 week appt. Apparently now they recommend getting one in every pregnancy because some antibodies get transmitted to the baby. I'm sure you guys will think of the perfect name, even if it's in the hospital!

@renee0106: I like Thomas a lot!

40. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad you are still hanging in there! Crazy you are so close to meeting those sweet babies

@hilsy85: we are stuck on names...pretty sure Julia for a girl or Lachlan for a boy, but middle names are giving us a really hard time!

@renee0106: my office doesn't do ultrasound past 20w either unless needed I had a super quick one last week to make sure baby was head down as she couldn't tell just by feeling. But it was a little portable handheld machine and I could barely see anything. Bummer! I love love love the name Thomas - so sweet!

@NovBaby1112: no tdap here I don't think...I had one with my dd 2 years ago. They usually give them to moms before they leave the hospital but they haven't mentioned anything to me about it yet so I assume I'm still good!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee