Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

So I'm pretty sure baby is mostly sitting on my left side - most often my left side is much harder to the touch than the right, and the most kicking is on that side. Despite everything I'm definitely enjoying the end of tri 2 and start of tri 3 much better. I love the kicking, except when I get a foot in my rib! I also find sometimes the baby responds to my touching my belly or even saying certain things, so hurry up October!

2. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks.

3. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: thanks.

4. BSB

Well, another update from me. I can't remember if I mentioned that I've been having some vaginal discharge lately... Which you all know is normal. I saw the OB on Friday for my glucose test, u/s and to see the OB as scheduled. I told her about the discharge and she suggested getting tested to see what it is (yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis). Yesterday (Saturday), I had some discharge with some bits of muscousy red specks. Today, I was cleaning out the nursery room and I noticed that the discharge was more continuos and more like a trickle. Googled to see what the difference was between vaginal discharge and amniotic fluid leakage. Well, I decided to call my OB and she suggested I come into the hospital's birth center to get checked out. I wasn't alarmed. I thought it would be just discharge and they would send me home. I told the DH to stay home since he wasn't feeling well and I actually drove myself to the hospital. I walked in and was feeling fine.

Well, after the ER doc inserted a sterile speculum (which is really uncomfortable and painful) and took sample.

Anyway, they found the fluid to be amniotic fluid so one of the babies membranes was ruptured (Dr thinks it's the lower baby- baby A- the girl). They said this is a complication of having multiples and it wasn't anything I did.

So the plan is to get a dose of antibiotics to prevent an infection in me and the babies. I was also given a dose of steroids to help further develop the babies lungs in case they need to come out. With membrane ruptures, they like to try to keep the babies in until 34 weeks (Sept 4th). They could come out sooner if I start going into labor, if I or the babies develop an infection, if there is a placenta abruption.

So best case scenario, I'll be in the hospital for the next 6 weeks (34 weeks). Yeah, DH and I are definitely panicked at this thought that I'm stuck here and the possibility that the babies will be here even sooner (remember 36 weeks is average for twins). I was working on the guest room that will be the nursery. Sounds stupid but I'm sad at the thought that I won't be able to get maternity pictures done... I was hoping to get them done in the next 2-3 weeks. Can't do that if I'm stuck in the hospital. I'll have to have DH gradually work on the nursery. DH will be home alone and without me. Sad I won't see my dogs. They'll miss me. Panicked about work. I'm sure my boss will be just as surprised to find out this info tomorrow that I won't be at work. I know my work policy will say I shouldn't work but I'll try to do as much as I can from home. We haven't even hired my temp yet. Plans were to have them start in August and I would have a full month to train them before I left sometime in September.
    *sigh* I knew I had a lot to do before this weekend but now being stuck in the hospital is another complication to deal with.

Oh, had an ultrasound and babies are doing fine. They are not under duress or anything. Glad I did go with my instinct to go to the hospital today. My OB and I both were hoping it was discharge. Guess these babies have other plans. They will be well monitored here until I meet them.

Yeah... That's my update for today. Admitted to the hospital at 28 weeks and will be here I until I meet my babies. Hoping the babies stay in there til 34 weeks and I can endure the next 6 weeks in this hospital.

5. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@bluestriped bee: Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry! That sounds incredibly stressful and overwhelming, as well as scary and annoying! However, I am SO glad that you trusted your gut and called and went in.....things could've been worse if you just ignored it! So, good for you!

I can't believe you'll be in the hospital the whole time. What's the policy for mamas who are on bedrest in the hospital for such a long time? Can you get up and walk around? I wonder if you could have the photographer come to the hospital and you could get a quick session in the hospital courtyard, or maybe a park that's within walking distance (again, I am not sure how much you're allowed to be walking).

I hope those babies stay in there are cook as long as possible, and I hope that you are able to relax. Don't worry about work... I am sure everything will get worked out in that regard. And I am also sure that your DH will get the nursery taken care of. And in terms of missing your dogs....that just plain sucks. I totally feel for you, mama. Hang in there! We are here for you and rooting you and your two babies on!

6. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@bluestriped bee: Oh mama! Thinking of you. I know a lot of other bees have been on extended bed/hospital rest and hopefully you can find some good advice to keep sane with the waiting game. So sorry things didn't go to plan but glad they caught it and hope those babes stay in there for many more weeks to grow big and strong!

7. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh dear. Glad everything looks good for now. Extended hospital stay is no fun, but at least you did the right thing and are in the right place. Maybe you can do some kind of pics from there or outside; I'm sure someone can work with you for that. I know someone that had to do 8 weeks in the hospital due to placenta previa.

Wishing the three of you lots of luck.

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: yikes! Glad you followed your instincts and glad that both babies are doing ok!! I am sorry to hear about the hospital bedrest Any chance the baby's fluid replenishes and you are able to be on bedrest at home at some point?

9. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh my goodness! I'm glad you went in and got checked out... I'm sure you are busy today trying to organize everything for the next coming weeks. I hope those babies stay in for as long as possible and you have an uneventful bed rest. Are you able to get out for short periods or do you need to stay in bed most of the day?

Sending you, your DH, and your sweet babies lots of love !!!

10. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@bluestriped bee: So sorry all of that is happening but so good that you went in! I'll definitely be thinking of you and hoping those babies stay in as long as possible. I was thinking the same thing about trying to get a photographer in, even in the room, to do some kind of pictures there?

11. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh no! I'm so sorry you are going through this, thank goodness you got checked out though!! Try not to worry about work or the nursery, everything will get worked out somehow. Hopefully you can do bed rest at home at some point, and those babies stay put for awhile!

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh no for hospital bed rest! But glad the babies are ok currently. Hopefully they can keep cooking for the time being. Let me know if you need a list of books or something (I think I can also lend you some via Amazon if your so inclined)

Eta: if they will let you up most photographers will come to you. Just get creative with the settings!

13. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@bluestriped bee: oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand how disappointed you must be.

It's good that neither baby are in duress. You're in the best place for them right now. I'm hoping you can keep them in until 34 weeks.

Try not to worry about work right now. They can figure it out without you. It's not your fault you're in the hospital.

I'm here for you if you need anything.

14. BSB

Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me and the babies. I'll respond to each one of you when DH comes in with my iPad and a longer charging cord. I even suggested he bring in a power strip so I don't have to find outlets and plug everything into the outlets way behind my bed.

15. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: so sorry you have to be in the hospital but also glad to head your little ones are doing ok! And you know what, I would get the pictures done in the hospital if you can. Do they have a garden or something? If there important to you I say go for it anyway. One day you'll look back and this will all be an important part of your story. Hang in there, hope your babies stay til sept 4! And don't beat yourself up, you may not be able to do the nursery yourself, which sucks, but you are doing great and everythjng your babies need.

16. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@bluestriped bee: So sorry you have to stay at the hospital for so long, but so glad you and the doctors figured out what was wrong and that you and the babies are getting the help you need. Thinking of you!

17. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@bluestriped bee: So sorry to hear this! I'm glad they are figuring it all out for you and have a plan in place. My niece/nephew twins were born at I think 29 or 30 weeks and were about 2 lbs or so, they are now 3.5 and doing great! It's amazing what we can do for preemies now! Sending you lots of hugs and good vibes!!

18. BSB

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Right now, I'm able to walk around my room and use my bathroom. They want me to be wheeled around for longer distances. I have been busy giving little tasks to help DH work on getting the house and nursery ready but I need to call that local photographer I found. Prior to this weekend, I thought about going down to Cannon beach, OR and found an OR photographer that could do it. Well, that plan is now nixed. I'll call that local photographer and see if she can do it in one of the gardens. I'll talk to my Dr and she said I could go outside to get air and sun. Maybe as long as I am wheeled out there and have access to a wheelchair that they'll let us do a photoshoot. thank you!

@birdofafeather: thank you!
    @Mrs. Goose: thank you! How did your friend do on 8 weeks of bed rest? Thank you!
    @hilsy85: OB said I will be in the hospital to monitor me and the babies for infection, bleeding and pre-term labor so it's best that I stay in the hospital. I was on IV fluids and now I'm only on IV if I need antibiotics but I would say it's a good sign that I don't need constant fluids. Plus baby A fluid is at 10 and baby B's fluid is at 17-20. I believe low fluid closer to term is lower at 5 or below. So let's hope this slow leak is slow enough. Plus staying off my feet helps.

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Anyone else feeling fetal hiccups all the time? I made the mistake of googling it and it freaked me out. I think I feel baby hiccuping 2-3 times a day.

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad to hear you can go outside at least! If they'll let you I'd take the kindle outside and enjoy a book in the sunshine. And glad your mostly off the ivs, that seems like a good sign! Sending good vibes to you and the babies!

21. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@NovBaby1112: (stalking, ha, my thread is quiet) ;). But yes!!!! I feel them often, a few times a day too. I did with James too. What did Google say? I don't even want to look.

22. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: I just realized yesterday that something I thought was punches is hiccups. I feel them every day.

23. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: Yes, she hiccups all the time but so did LO1! Last time it was usually after I ate. I assume it's probably the same this time, I just haven't paid as much attention.

I have an appointment Friday and I'm glad because I think I have this:

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/symphysis-pubic-dysfunction.aspx

I've been having so much pain when walking that it's hard (and almost impossible) to walk a lot of the time. Standing up and rolling over in bed are awful too (it usually wakes me up). So I was looking up ways to relieve that and found that link. It looks like there aren't many ways to relieve it besides birth though. I'm trying to sit more and lift LO1 less but that's definitely hard since she's three and very active! I'll probably get a support belt but I want to see what my doctor says first.

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NovBaby1112: I feel tickles sometimes. I'm not sure if it's hiccups but it is up near her head. Why did googling it freak you out?

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BelugaBean: I think I have it mildly too. No fun at all!

26. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@MamaBear87: Definitely not! It totally feels like I'm all broken down there for no reason! Some things say there's a little relief in the third trimester for some people so fingers crossed!

27. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bluestriped bee: Sounds like things are going alright! She didn't love it, obviously. She made friends with a nurse and ordered pizzas and takeout so she could have tastier food and tried to keep busy. She wasn't really allowed to do much moving around either and it was hard because she had a little one already who didn't understand why mama was in the hospital.

You'll definitely have time to take up a new hobby where you can sit/lie down. Cross stitch, knitting, paint by numbers, colour by numbers, blogging, catching up on reading / shows, letters to your babies, sewing some blankets for them maybe? Just some suggestions. Good thing you're delegating and I hope the picture thing can work out for you. It will be worth it even though it isn't in your desired setting. Maybe even if you had to do it in a wheelchair and bed you could dress those up and kind of do some kind of funny photoshoot. There might be ideas for that on the web somewhere.

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BelugaBean: mine seems to be helped some by walking (I know seems counter productive) and doing gentle stretches. And make or buy a gel ice pack, it feels pretty good while resting

29. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bluestriped bee: I googled bed rest maternity shoots. People do them!

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @NovBaby1112: I was wondering how I would tell the difference between how they feel and how kicks/punches feel. But I read they are quite rhythmic, and I think I have felt them a few times now too. Also, they are so much smaller than the body rolls/shifting of the baby so I think that's how I have differentiated.

31. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hellobeeboston: @MamaBear87: I had them with M too, but I forget when...googling told me that after 30 weeks they should occur seldom, and if they do, could be a cord compression issue??!! Freaked me out

@BelugaBean: ouch! That sounds painful. I've been getting horrible sciatica pain lately and it's just awful too

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @Mrs. Goose: yes, they are very rythmatic and are usually in 1 spot.

33. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: um, what?? That's scary! My app mentioned them today but didn't say anything negative. Now I'll have to ask my OB on Friday.

34. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I have an appt too tomorrow and I'm going to ask. DH thinks that sounds crazy, he just read it's normal and baby is practicing breathing...I don't really know what they mean by "frequent" though.

35. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@NovBaby1112: woah! I will ask my OB about that too. Scary. I feel like I felt them late in pregnancy last time. Like, right till the end, and often!

36. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NovBaby1112: wow I never heard that! I had hiccups ALL the time with DD in my 3rd tri, much more than kicks. I haven't felt any with this one yet.

I'm babysitting my sisters 4mo old this aftn...getting a taste for how busy life will be with 2!! But it's making me very excited to have a baby around again

37. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: I'm feeling hiccups! I'm afraid to google. My app mentioned them I think. I think I feel them about daily.

@Charm54: I'm getting nervous for balancing two of their needs, sounds like fun "practice!"

As for me, my OB called awhile ago and said I have another UTI. I don't do well on antibiotics to say the least. And I've been doing so much to try and prevent them.

Aand as I'm ending this comment baby started hiccuping.

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hellobeeboston: @Charm54: @2littlepumpkins: well it sounds like we are ALL getting them, so I'm guessing we are all okay just made me nervous when I read that! But trying to not take what Google says to mean anything.

@2littlepumpkins: bummer about the UTI, those are so painful!!! Hope it clears up ASAP for you

@Charm54: exciting!!

39. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm so sorry you've been admitted. Prolonged bed rest sucks, even modified. Take advantage of all the activities you can. The mamas I've seen in the hospital do the things that have been mentioned: catch up on binge watching TV shows, reading anything and everything, games, crossword puzzles, chatting and making friends with the nurses and other patients (depending on the setting and how many antepartum patients they have), savoring the food you get from ordering in. Crafting is huge - if you knit, cross stitch, scrapbook, etc it is a great time to accomplish a lot! None of those hobbies are difficult to start so now is as good a time as any to learn. Some hospitals will bring in a manicurist, massage therapist, hair stylist, or other person weekly or so to give you guys a treat. Even if they don't regularly do something like that, they may have contact info for service providers who will come in and do those things so you can treat yourself once in a while. I'm sorry you have to be admitted and hope the babies stay in as long as possible!!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Just now catching up on the last couple weeks - it sounds like they are making way too big of a deal about both your baby's size and your weight gain. As you mentioned, size estimates can be way off, and its still pretty early. Shoulder dystocia is real and is a bad complication but you have already had two vaginal deliveries (right? neither one was a CS as I recall) and in your situation I would say scheduling a CS just for estimated fetal size is a very conservative call. How big were your first two? (Sorry if I missed this.) Sorry you are having to worry so much about this!

40. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@shellio: yes, two vaginal deliveries. One was an induction at 40 weeks and she was 7.13, and one came naturally 10 days early at 8.9. So, she technically would have been pretty big had I gone to 40+ weeks, but she came out pretty quickly and there were zero complications.

I'm now 32 weeks and have really been watching the carbs and sugar, so it will be interesting to see if that has any impact on the baby's size (or my weight gain) at my next appointment.

There seems to be 2 schools of thought: 1) watching carbs and sugar can affect baby's size, regardless of whether or not you have GD. 2) if you don't have GD (which I passed the test 3 times with flying colors), what you eat doesn't affect baby, and if your baby is big he/she is simply "meant" to be that way. Do you know anything about that?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee