Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: how far apart are they? If they are getting closer together it could be the real thing!

2. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@NovBaby1112: when I was in the hospital, I asked a few of the nurses what signs to look for for when I was in labor and they said contractions that were frequent and painful enough that you would have trouble talking through them. When I asked that question, I was having one or no contractions and I was a bit scared that I would go from having none to 60. Oh, also I was having NSTs and they would ask me if I felt the contraction that was on it monitor.

I'll be thinking if you!

3. BSB

@MamaBear87: Great name!
    How many weeks are you? Aww, sorry about you not getting sleep. Hope your due date is close.

4. BSB

@hilsy85: woohoo! On being head down!

5. BSB

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Aww, hope we get to meet your baby soon!!

6. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: good point. Let's hope it's just scary now and in a month from now it's just routine.

7. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NovBaby1112: can you sleep through them? That was a big clue for me with DDthat I was in labor - the contractions progressively became more painful to the point I couldn't sleep and really needed to stop and breathe through them.

The nurse told me last week that 2nd time
    Moms usually have more pain associated with their BHicks. The first time they are usually painless or you don't even notice them, the second time they can be accompanied with cramping. She said they rarely have 1st time moms to go in for false labor - it always 2+ Moms because their BHicks are predictable and painful. That's not to discourage you from going in to get checked out - it just made me feel like less of a crazy person when I've been having all of these timeable, mildly painful contractions this past week and not knowing what my body was doing.

Keep us posted!!

8. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

36 weeks tomorrow and gbs test

I'm praying this little guy comes a bit early. This week brought on crazy pelvic pain, and having to sit through synagogue for the Jewish holidays had been really difficult. We installed the car seat bases into the cars so we are good to go.

Last week two friends had their babies...one was over by only two days and she was 9 lb 2 oz. big! This guy is going to be big too and it's scaring the crap out of me.

9. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@bluestriped bee: hopefully they won't have to stay too long in the NICU! My DD stayed 15 days and I was grateful we waited until she was fully ready (but there were days where I felt like I could just take her home --- obviously irrational postpartum Mommy brain). I will say her coming home when she did gave me time to recover from my c-section (was almost off the pain pills by that point). The picture of them is precious and so are their names! Congrats again!

@hilsy85: yay for the flip! Did you feel it when it happened? I thought the baby was trying to climb out of my belly when he flipped!

Feeling for everyone who isn't sleeping. Bed at midnight and up at 5 and I don't know how restful that was...yay for meeting some more babies soon!

10. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: Hope you're doing okay! My contractions started off just feeling like cramps and when I headed to the hospital, I had to stop what I was doing to focus on them because they were stronger.

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. I had the GBS test and she went ahead and checked to see if anything was happening. No dilation, very little effacement, but she's very low (-1 station) so the midwife said that's a good start. Plus that's about where I was with LO1 so I'm not too worried.

11. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Thanks everyone- they stopped early this morning so who knows!! I took off work today bc I'm exhausted so just going to try and rest today.

@bluestriped bee: that's good to know, thanks!

@Charm54: oh that's interesting- I wonder if that was it. I couldn't sleep through them, they were pretty painful as the night got on and became more frequent, and then around 5am they just tapered off...

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: eek! maybe baby boy will be here sooner rather than later!!

@mrsjenbug: the baby moves so much that I kind of could tell when she flipped, but also wouldn't have been shocked if she had flipped and then flipped back! Did yours move into head down position as well??

13. BSB

@mrsjenbug: yeah, definitely agree. Not that I wanted my babies in the nicu but I was thinking about mothers who take their babies home when they are released. My c-section pain is sometimes really painful but I don't have a newborn at home. I guess those first few days are really a struggle or they enable lots of help.

14. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85: yep! I almost went to the hospital when it happened (I had an appointment the next day so I resisted the urge) because it was such a strange/painful/different thing. So now I have a head firmly planted on my bladder

@bluestriped bee: exactly, I would have loved to take her immediately home (of course!!) but I definitely think I would have needed help! They will be home before you know it! I found that going as often as I could and calling at night before I went to bed or when I got up to pump (my NICU nurses were so accommodating) really helped if I was struggling.

15. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Quick question - how is everyone doing swelling-wise with only a few weeks to go? My legs, ankles and feet have been pretty swollen and I thought it wasn't too bad until they really flared up over the weekend (4 days of wedding events with no time for putting my feet up didn't help). I've booked into the doctor for early next week to see what they say and if I should just be staying off of them now. Still have 3 weeks of work to get through if I make it, but it's getting harder every day.

16. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HyattsMom: mine got bad last time around (in my arms not my feet though!), so drinking more water this time and going to pick up some magnesium powder to help with circulation.

17. BSB

@mrsjenbug: we like to see them twice a day. We are about 10 to 15 min drive from the hospital so we are close. I do feel guilty of we don't see them twice in a day.

18. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Ivy Cordelia was born this morning (Sept 15th) at 3:09 am. She weighs 7 lbs, 3 oz and 18.75 inches long! Will post a longer update and photos when I can!

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@HyattsMom: no swelling here yet...but I think it's pretty common, especially in hot weather!

@hilsy85: I hope so but not holding my breath!!

@babycanuck: good luck at your appointment tomorrow, I still haven't heard my results from the GBS test but hoping no news is good?

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: ahhhh congrats!!!! Beautiful name can't wait to see pics!!

21. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: PICTURES!!!

welcome baby Ivy!

22. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@birdofafeather: added one!

23. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: love her sweet face! way to go mama!!

24. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: eek congrats!!!! She is beautiful and I love her name!!!

25. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: she is stunning!!!! Congrats mama!!!! Can't wait to hear your story. I love her name!

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: CONGRATS! She is beautiful! Hope you have an easy, quick recovery.. Can't wait to hear how it went!

27. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: yay!!! Congratulations! She's beautiful.

28. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: she's beautiful!!

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: she's gorgeous! Can't wait to hear how it went. Get some good rest with baby! Her name is beautiful!

30. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: She's beautiful! Congrats!

It's starting to REALLY hit me that I will probably have a baby within the next month or so, potentially sooner. So crazy! As with most of you, sleep has been crap lately. My hips ache so bad and I just can't get comfy. The nursery is finished except for a couple more things that need to be hung and then I just need to get the baby laundry going and we are ready for him. I go back and forth between being sooooo ready to have him here and wanting to just enjoy this time with DH and and DS.

@HyattsMom: My feet started swelling this weekend...looks like I'll be in the same pair of flip flops until baby makes his appearance!

31. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@birdofafeather: Oh, I didn't know about the magnesium powder - thanks! I'll check that out.

32. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Congratulations! She looks just perfect. Guess it wasn't that much longer after all

33. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@jodyblair: Totally crazy to think about! It's really starting to hit home more and more every day. As for the hip ache - I see a chiropractor and it helps way more than I ever thought it would. He literally pulls my legs to pop them into place when my hips start to hurt. I hear you on the flip-flops now. I am down to my one pair of work shoes and flip-flops. It's cooling down here now, so hopefully it won't snow before the baby arrives or I'll have some chilly toes.

34. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: congratulations! Lovely name and so cute.

35. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@HyattsMom: mine are starting to get puffy each day because I am standing a lot. Compression stockings do wonders if you haven't tried them. I also bought a cheaper pair and cut off the toes to wear with flip flops.

36. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Congratulations! She's beautiful and I love her name!

37. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@HyattsMom: I'm starting too worry about the weather changing too! We're in Atlanta, so I won't have to worry about snow, but if it gets too cold for shorts and skirts, I'll be living in leggings! There's no way I can squeeze into my jeans from the first trimester!

38. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Congrats! Love the name!

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@HyattsMom: my feet and ankles have gone back to normal but my hubby checked the weather yesterday and socal is supposed to swing back to hot. Which for me means 90s with no ac I will totally trade for cold toes! Hopefully it stays cool once the babe is here!

40. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. They did a quick ultrasound because they thought it might be breech and transverse but it turns out he was head down! They also thought my stomach was measuring a little small but it turns out he has just dropped down into my pelvis already. So hopefully that means he coming soon! But who knows, I think I have had maybe 1 contraction last week but nothing since then.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee