Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: wow! I know it's not ideal with the wedding by everyone will understand! 2 hours of regular contractions I'd definitely call for. How long are they lasting?

2. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @2littlepumpkins: they are lasting about a minute. I stopped timing them bc DD is up from her nap...I guess my game plan is to wait and see what happens over the next few hours. If they are still regular and getting more painful I will go in.

3. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Charm54: I would call! Once I was at that point last time (lasting a minute every 3 minutes), I was almost to 5cm and it moved super quickly after that. They weren't really painful yet for me at that point either, just uncomfortable.

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: oh wow!! sounds like it might be early labor?? I would def call if they continue/pick up! eeek!

5. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Charm54: eek! Let us know what happens!! Are the contractions getting more uncomfortable? Maybe take a bath or shower and see if they die down?

6. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: hope you're doing ok!!

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Charm54: keep us posted! Don't wait too long!

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Also is anyone else feeling like the world hates us? We've had a mostly mild summer and are now getting ridiculous heat when we're way further along. I'm kidding mostly but enduring this with no ac is getting super old!

9. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Thanks everyone! I am doing fine - still having regular contractions but they aren't getting any more painful. We'll see what the night brings but I have a feeling my body is just playing mind games with me it's such a fine balance of when to go in... DDs labor was soooo long but as Dh reminded me, some go a lot quicker! I'll start timing them again once DD is in bed and see what happens. I'll keep you all posted if anything exciting happens!

10. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@MamaBear87: This summer has been ridiculous where we are. It's been incredibly hot since May but there's finally a couple of cooler days Sunday and Monday (cooler as in 80). Last summer was so much milder here!

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MamaBear87: ugh I see you're in OC. I'm sorry. we have ac and went a few days without and it was in the 90s according to the thermostat...sleep was difficult. I really hope once our babies are here it cools down...

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MamaBear87: today was finally cooler with less humidity for us--felt so nice!!

Also, baby has turned! Let's just hope she stays head down now

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hilsy85: yay!!! 😄👍

14. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: eek! Waiting to see what happens, but hoping you still get to do the wedding. :). It could just be contractions for a while and nothing, right?

@hilsy85: woo!

And re:weather, I am so glad it will be October soon and hopefully all of this heat will be gone. Curious to see what my babe's position is at my appointment next week. I have been short changed on appointments, but should start weeklies after this one. I feel like he or she keeps switching sides for the back and bum and I know they told me the baby is head down, but a part of me is in denial.

Anyone's tummy just feel tender? Mine does. Also started the days countdown. I have been getting some hilarious looks and comments from kids around my school, definitely worth going back to work for. Two weeks left for me until I start leave!

15. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@hilsy85: yay! Hopefully she stays head down.

16. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: this summer has been SO hot but today was nice and cool and I loved it!! I want 70s from now on....

@Charm54: hope you are dong ok!

@hilsy85: yay! awesome news!!!

17. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: Yay!!

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: How are you doing??

19. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: still pregnant ! Yesterday again I had regular mildly painful contractions for a few hours but they never got any more intense. I have my 38w apt Wednesday so I will get them to do a check to see if I'm dilated at all. DDs birthday is today so as long as I make it through today, I don't want them to have to share a birthday!

20. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Charm54: So glad to hear of your update.

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: well it definitely sounds like *something* is going on! I didn't realize our daughters have birthdays on the same day! Mine is three today, I can hardly believe it!! Happy birthday to your dd!

22. BSB

So excited for our group. Not that I want you guys to go early but can't wait to see who has their baby next.

So how is everyone doing? Nursery done? Baby showers had? Are you guys nesting yet? How is your sleep, I heard it can get pretty uncomfortable. I know I was starting to have trouble sleeping the week that I was induced. Hang in there ladies!!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: soooore!! But grateful baby seems to be doing ok! How are your babies doing? I saw your thread about pumping. I pumped for dd when she was a newborn and it was so tough. Pump feed wash over and over. We ended up switching to formula, for that and other reasons. I was so over pumping by the end of the first month, and that was with a singleton and no nicu! Hope your recovery is going well!

24. Mrs. Pickle

@Charm54: is the wedding this weekend? You've almost made it!

@Charm54: @2littlepumpkins: happy birthday to your DDs!

@bluestriped bee: I'm doing good. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, which is crazy. The nursery is almost done. I just have to hang up all the pictures, which I'll have DH help me do sometime this week. I'm not sleeping that great because my nose is always so stuffy and I wake up to pee every 2 hours. DH suggested breath right strips and they are helping. Pregnancy is so glamorous. How are your babies?

I'm pretty sure I'm having real contractions along with the BH now. They aren't exactly painful, just noticeable. They aren't frequent either, maybe two or three a day. I hope it means I'm making a little progress so when I'm checked for the first time I'll be dilated some.

25. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: @Mrs. Pickle: Babies are doing well. Dr can't say when they will be released but I've heard healthy 34 weekers are usually in the nicu about 14 days. Baby boy seems to be doing well with gaining weight, maintaining his body temp and doing okay with his feeds. He's about 50% there with taking his feed volume by bottle. So since its been a week, maybe he'll be home next week. As much as I want them home, it's actually scary to think about. We see them 2x a day but when he comes home, we'll have to take care of him around the clock. We need to finish up on getting things done around the house.
    As for our baby girl, she is gaining weight and just started taking steps to maintain her body temp. She is a bit behind her brother on taking her full feeds, so if I had to guess, she probably has another 2 weeks in the hospital.
    I wasn't very diligent on pumping every 3 hours but I'm definitely on board now. Pumping doesn't bother me. I did put both babies to breast and was surprised how well they did. For preemie babies, taking a bottle or BFing can be very tiring for them so they usually eat what they can by bottle or breast and the rest is tube fed.
    Anyway, both are progressing well. It is so surreal that we are parents. It is weird having them be in the nicu and not taking them home. We do love seeing them. We can see them having so much personality at this point. That probably sounds crazy considering they are 9 days old. They are different and similar in their own way.

26. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I'm 38+2 today. I'm starting to be so anxious and uncomfortable. I'm up every night with contractions, pacing the house they're so uncomfortable, but then they fizzle out by morning. I have been getting maybe 2-3 hours of sleep a night and I can't take it anymore! The other night I called my mom and said "this is it!" Because they were every 3 minutes, but I kept having 10 minute lulls.

I just had my appt and I'm almost 4 cm and 75% effaced, but ob said that has absolutely no bearing on when I will go into labor and it still could be 2 more weeks. I'm so tired and ready to have my baby and actually sleep.

27. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thank you!

@bluestriped bee: what a great update! I would probably be nervous too, about bringing them home, but it won't take long before you're the expert... you can already see their personalities! I remember our pediatrician saying to us that the first appointment/in the hospital parents tell her they feel clueless, and by their one month visit the parents are telling her all about what a cry means or whatever.

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Hopefully soon! I NEVER thought I would look forward to sleep in the newborn stage but ugh everything hurts. I'm sorry you're not getting more than 2-3 hours. That must be tough with two other kids at home.

28. Mrs. Pickle

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I really hope she comes soon. I can't imagine how exhausting that must be.

29. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@2littlepumpkins: it's so hard! I feel like a sore and miserable zombie. luckily my mom took the girls yesterday so I could catch up on sleep during the day.

30. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks, I hope so too! I think I just convinced myself this baby would be here early since she is measuring so far ahead and my last baby came early. But my OB doesn't seem to think so. This waiting game is the worst part!

31. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I hope it is soon! I hear you on the poor sleep--I know newborn weeks will be hard, but at least the time when I'm sleeping will be restful sleep!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on baby girl turning! I was SO relieved! I have my 36 week check on Friday, and I'll get the GBS swab and my first cervical check--not expecting much, nor do I want to go too early, since i Have a wedding and LO's birthday to get through!
    @bluestriped bee: glad that your babies are doing well!! They are so cute and I love their names. I have not really done much...after the wedding we're attending this weekend, I will do some baby laundry. The nursery is pretty much done (but I didn't have to do much since she's sharing with DS). Need to complete our registry as well!

32. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@bluestriped bee: Ankles and legs the size of tree trunks, but other than that feeling ok. Was a bridesmaid for a very close friend this weekend and after a few late nights I'm utterly exhausted and wish I was done work already. 3.5 weeks to go though. Oh well. This coming weekend is baby class time, and then our shower and my nephew's first birthday the weekend after. My plan now is to just get through those two weekends and then I'll be mentally ready (I hope). We're at least at the point now where IF it came early we wouldn't be in an unprepared panic. Saw our doctor last Thursday and all was right on target. She said that I was unlikely to go anytime before 37 weeks, so fingers crossed.

Sleep is a tricky things these days - I can sleep for 2 hours and then be wide awake, feeling like I'd had a full night sleep and eventually manage to fall back asleep, or I wake up an hour or two before my alarm and just toss and turn. Hard to get comfy. The worst part is that this pregnancy has given me tendonitis in my wrists and it seems to be worse at night, so every time I move my hands there is a shooting pain that wakes me up. How many weeks of this left?!? lol

So glad to hear how your twins are doing! You'll probably feel better when you do bring them home if they've had longer to get their strength up under the watchful eyes in the NICU.

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Hang in there! Sounds like it won't be too long really, but I totally get how every hour can seem like an eternity right now.

@Mrs. Pickle: When will they do your first check for dilation? Apparently mine will be at my next appointment so right at 37 weeks.

33. Mrs. Pickle

@HyattsMom: my OB told me she'll start checking at 38 or 39 weeks. I've got my 37 week appointment this Friday and would love to be checked! I'll just have to be patient though. ETA: I was checked at 34 weeks after they asked me about contractions and I told them I was having BH. My cervix was closed then like it was supposed to be.

34. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: @2littlepumpkins: happy birthday to both your LOs!!

@Mrs. Pickle: that's exciting! I have been having lots of BH but no contractions yet...

@bluestriped bee: glad to hear you are all doing well! They are so adorable

@Rainbow Sprinkles: ugh I'm sorry!! I would be so pissed if I was having contractions but no baby! Hopefully it will be very soon for you. I hear you on the no sleep thing. The last 2 months I've been getting 2-4 hours every night. I don't know how I'm functioning!

@2littlepumpkins: same! I'm actually looking forward to newborn sleep lol

@hilsy85: did you guys decide on a date for L's bday?

My next dr appt is Thursday and I'm hoping she checks me and I'm making progress, but we'll see....

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Goose: my belly felt really sore for a couple weeks until the beginning of last week. It's mostly gone away so I'm guessing was just stretching. Can't believe your up to weekly appointments!
    @Charm54: glad your feeling ok. Hopefully you get to make the wedding! And happy belated to your lo!
    @2littlepumpkins: happy belated to your lo as well!
    @bluestriped bee: sleep is getting harder for me. I sleep but wake up tired most of the time. I'm organizing babies room today, but my dad is making her dresser/changing table and it isn't done yet, so trying to organize in boxes so it's quick to finish when he gets it to us. Glad to hear your munchkins are doing so well! They are adorable!
    @Rainbow Sprinkles: hope you aren't miserable for too much longer!

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Oh and I think we're decided on a name...
    Gemma Sancia.
    I'm pretty excited although now I can't quite decide seeing it written down

37. Mrs. Pickle

@MamaBear87: Gemma is really pretty.

I swear the baby is trying to bust out. Her movements are so forceful and painful!

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: yep we are going to do it Oct. 4th, 11 days before my due date. I think it will be fine, but worst case, no big deal if we have to cancel it and reschedule since it's just in our apt building.

39. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: oh so neat! Happy birthday to your DD also - I'm glad I made it through the day without another baby

@Mrs. Pickle: wedding is this weekend. I'm curious for my Dr to check me Wednesday, hopefully I get the go ahead to go!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: hope that baby comes soon!!!

@MamaBear87: I love the name Gemma - so sweet!

40. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

I don't know what's going on- I've been up all night having contractions...they seem to be getting more painful and frequent but I have no clue what is normal or false labor (I didn't have any contractions at home withLO1). I guess just going to see what happens in the morning, I'm guessing it's just maybe my body getting ready?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee