Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@cranberry: wow! That baby could be a Sept baby for sure! Hopefully your ultrasound goes well tomorrow

@bluestriped bee: good luck tomorrow!! I've been thinking about you...so exciting you will finally get to meet those two sweet babies

I had my 36w apt yesterday, nothing too eventful...I declined the cervical check and will just get the one at 38w, since I am traveling 3 hours away to be a bridesmaid that week...I'm really hoping to NOT have the baby while there!

I'm in full nesting mode...dd is at daycare today so I'm washing clothes, hauling the baby gear out of storage...it all suddenly feels real!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I'm GBS negative! Thank goodness. I asked my doctor if there was a such thing as too many Braxton hicks and she said no. She said one day they'll turn into the real thing and I'll know.

3. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

So my doctor's office said they could do a cervical check next week if I wanted to (36 weeks), but they said some people decline them. Is there any reason people decline them? Are they painful? Or is it just personal preference?

4. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@renee0106: I declined because I'm only 36 weeks so I know the chances of me being close to labour aren't great. I didn't want to obsess over #s if I'm 1cm or whatever since you can be that way for weeks. Also, they aren't the most comfortable thing in the world - not really painful but not something I'm dying to do each apt , lol. I will start getting them though at 38w , especially since I have that out of town wedding that week

5. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@renee0106: My doctor just told me she was going to do a cervical check today after she tested for GBS. I guess I could have declined even though she didn't necessarily ask me if I wanted one. I thought it was a little uncomfortable, but it was over quick.

@Charm54: Good point about not getting one so that you don't obsess over the numbers. Although my doctor told me I was already a little bit dialated, it doesn't mean I'll go into labor early. It just meant I spent all morning wondering whether I'll go into labor before my due date, with the answer essentially being- who knows?

6. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

ladies - how do you get comfortable at night?

I'm so crampy and uncomfortable, sleeping is basically non-existent right now and it's so bad.

7. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Charm54: @Cranberry: Ok good to know! Thanks for the info. I'll probably get one when I can, and then knowing me I'll obsess over the numbers too, lol.

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: exciting! you'll be holding your babies so soon!!

@babycanuck: I have a snoogle that a friend lent me, which has helped some, but honestly, sleep is just not great-- I never feel rested when I wake up. Preparation for the newborn days I guess.

So annoyed that I need to wait til next Friday to see whether baby is still breech--my dr is completely booked up the rest of the month so no chance to change any of my appts or move them up

9. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@babycanuck: my snoogle is my BFF right now. Though I'm still up every couple hours to pee

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@cranberry: hope you get to full term. I'm already obsessing over how much longer I'm going to be pregnant so I won't turn down a check if offered! My next appointment is almost 36w so it might not be offered yet though.

@babycanuck: I try the left side with pillows and then the right and if that doesn't work I try to prop myself up so I'm not flat and I end up on my back. A lot of times I just lay there until I fall asleep comfortable or not... I am so so tired. And I get nauseous when I'm this exhausted (even not pregnant) so that's fun...

@Mrs. Pickle: I was wondering that about the BH because I had a ton yesterday. They settled down overnight but I was actually getting a little nervous!

11. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@babycanuck: I sleep on my side (toss and turn from one to the other a couple of times/night at least), with what will soon become my nursing pillow between my knees. I'd ordered the Luna Lullaby pillow from Amazon US months ago when I first started having trouble sleeping and saw it was recommended. It's L-shaped and fairly soft, so I can end up with one half between my knees and then the other part comes up and I can lean my belly on it. I also started seeing a chiropractor fairly early on in my pregnancy and that has definitely helped, especially now that my back pain is getting worse just being able to go and have someone crack it out and re-align my hips and spine has made it bearable.

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@bluestriped bee: eeek so exciting, can't believe you will get to meet your babies so soon!

@cranberry: that's exciting! I can't wait for my first check haha, I am going to ask for one at 36 weeks...

@Charm54: I hear you on being in nesting mode! I've been cleaning the house like crazy and organizing everything for baby. Tomorrow I'm going to go to target to get more stuff and make sure we are all set.

@Mrs. Pickle: I still need to get that test done, I wonder when my dr office will do it? I should ask at my next appt...

@babycanuck: sleeping is awful. Full on insomnia, aching hips and back is killing. I cannot wait to get this baby out!

@hilsy85: hopefully the week flies by for you!! My dr said she could show me how to check with my hands if baby was head down but I got too nervous to feel!

13. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@babycanuck: I don't! I have been sleeping with a pillow between my legs. I have a pregnancy pillow, but I find it too big and it takes up too much space. I'm up at least 3x a night to go pee....definitely not getting much rest here. I've always thought that newborn sleep is MUCH better and more comfortable than end of pregnancy sleep.

So I spent Tuesday in L&D at my hospital. I was having a lot of liquidy discharge and spotting, and I wanted to make sure my water wasnt leaking. I headed into my usual OB's clinic, but as soon as they hooked me up to the NST monitors and saw how many contractions I was having, they sent me over the hospital. They said I'd get my swab results back quicker there, too (to see if I was leaking amniotic fluid). So I headed over to hospital. Turns out my water wasn't broken, but I am 3 cm dilated! I'm having lots of contractions, but baby seemed really happy and her heart rate was great and she was moving a lot.

My doctor doesn't so cervical checks at all before 40 weeks (she thinks it's pointless since it doesn't determine or predict when you will go into labor) so if I hadn't gone go the hospital and seen the on-call OB, I wouldn't even know i was 3 cm now! I wish I could say it means baby is just around the corner, but I know I could be like this for a month. (I'm 37 weeks this week.)

I'm feeling good emotionally and mentally and am still pushing myself every day to get out with the kids and do stuff, but man, I am struggling with mobility! My pelvis bones feel like they're broken and I walk about as fast as a sloth. I've got the pregnancy waddle down now!

14. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Glad everything checked out okay at L&D! I'm not sure if I have the pregnancy waddle yet, but I definitely can relate to moving like a sloth. My DH makes fun of me when we walk somewhere now because I move so much slower than I usually do. I've also been very tired this past week- kind of like in the first trimester. It's hard to get anything done after work.

At my ultrasound today, the bloodflow and everything else they checked looked good, but they did say baby was measuring small so they are having me come back every Friday for the next three weeks for monitoring, with another ultrasound the third week. So all of those appointments will be at the Fetal Care Center at the hospital, plus I will have my weekly appointments at my OB's office. I'm glad my work is so flexible because that's a lot of appointments. I'm not really worried, but I'm happy they're keeping an eye on things (although I think the number of appointments may be overdoing it just a little).

15. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: wow, glad everything was ok! yay for hitting full term!!! that's really exciting you are already 3cm, I know it can mean nothing, but still!

@cranberry: my baby is also measuring a bit small (30th %) but my dr doesn't seem too concerned- going to have another US as well next Saturday to check on growth again and make sure that he isn't dropping in percentiles.

16. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@NovBaby1112: Glad to hear your doctor isn't concerned. Good luck at your next ultrasound!

After seeing you were around the 30th percentile, I was curious what percentile I was in so I looked up the weight on the internet and it looks like I'm in the 8th percentile. A lot of websites seem to say they typically do extra monitoring if you're below the 10th percentile, so that probably explains all of my appointments.

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@cranberry: where'd you look up the percentile?

18. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I found two websites where I could enter in the baby's estimated weight and how many weeks along I am-

http://www.babymed.com/tools/ultrasound-estimated-fetal-weight-calculator

http://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html#Growth_Percentile_Calculator

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@cranberry: thanks! I'm feeling pretty good about things as this lo is about the same % big sister was at birth!

20. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Random question, what do you ladies think of the name Vincent? And/or nn Vince?

21. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I think it's cute! And underused. I have met one person in my life with that name. I like Vincenzo and vinny as a nickname. I think I would use Vincent more than Vince personally.

22. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I really like it! I like both Vincent and the NN Vince

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @Charm54: We randomly came across it yesterday and like it too. I don't know that it'll be "the" name but we like it. Also I can't believe it's ranked just over 100 on the social security site. I don't know any little Vincents (or too many older ones for that matter.)

24. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I know lots but only because I live in a Francophone community ... They all go by Vincent (but it is obviously pronounced differently than in English) . It's so sweet!

25. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I think it's cute! It's a name I don't hear too often but is still pretty traditional.

We are REALLY struggling with names one week we like the same name, then the next one of us is meh about it. We have a running list of maybe 5-6 boy names we both like a lot, but neither one of us can commit to a particular one 100% for some reason.

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: we are too. Vincent is out now. But we do have three front runners...for now. Boy names are hard!!

27. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I know its out, but I like it too. I love the nn Vin.

@NovBaby1112: @2littlepumpkins: We are having a really hard time with girl names. We had one picked out for our first two who turned out to be boys... and now we're both kind of over that name. We are moving in 3 weeks, I kept saying I wanted to be moved and get that over with before trying to decide on a name but I just worry we'll get to the hospital and still not have any real contenders.

28. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@shellio: All my "good" names seem to be getting knocked out for one reason or another. Mostly our last name, ugh! Sorry you are having trouble with girl names. Baby names in general are difficult! Everyone has an opinion. MIL has been kind of driving me nuts with her opinions.. basically saying if we use name x y last name, she'll call him y or some variation of what we decide on.

29. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NovBaby1112: @shellio: @2littlepumpkins: We are struggling over here too! We can't decide how to spell our boy's name...we literally change our mind every day and can't come to a consensus. I'm worried we will regret our final decision. And we have absolutely no middle name to go with our girl name. We scoured the Internet for hours last night and still
    Came up empty handed.

Every time I bring up our naming dilemma Dh goes "well there's a 50% chance we don't have to worry about it"... To which I remind him "but there's 100% chance we will have to worry about ONE of these scenarios!"

I think it will be a game time hospital decision for us too.

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: every time people ask about our names we say we kind of aren't sure so we don't have to tell them and have their opinions! We settled on middle names, but still aren't 100% on firsts obviously because we have no idea who is in there. @Charm54: I just want to make sure that our baby is named when we leave the hospital, which could only be a short few hour stay if everything goes well. And I am waiting to see what a friend names their girl who is due in a few days. Hoping they don't use the name that I love!

31. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Also, different topic. Anyone doing perineal massage or got it recommended to do by doctor/ midwife? I need to look that up and see what type of oil to use.

I keep having people say you must nearly be due and then I tell them I have a month left and sometimes they are surprised. I feel like this means I am huge? Eek! Housework is becoming a bit more difficult. I run out of steam quickly.

32. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

The name debate continues in our house too. We're pretty sure on the first (but always give ourselves the out if DD2 doesn't come out looking like the name!) but struggling on the middle. And I think if we were sure in the middle, we'd be more sure on the first!

@Mrs. Goose: I used coconut oil. And since I'm due November 2nd, when I tell people I'm due in Novemeber, they are boggled! Ha. I think I'll start saying less than 2 months for a while so people aren't concerned. 😜

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Nope. Didn't do it for #1 (but kept meaning to) and got 2nd degree tears which I'm told are pretty average. I was also probably somewhat dehydrated because I hadn't been eating or drinking the couple days I was in labor though..which can also make you tear. I have no idea if I'll get around to it this time.

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @birdofafeather: I'm telling people "about a month" which I've been saying the past week or so... I'm huge. I feel like this baby has nowhere left to grow!

35. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I didn't do one with my first (I didn't really know what to do lol) and I only
    had a couple of small internal stitches. This time I did buy some Earth Mama bottom spray for afterwards.

36. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Goose: nope I didn't do it with my first and only needed two stitches. Hoping for a similar outcome this time.

Also struggling with the name over here! Middle is set, but first changes pretty often.

I also think the baby is still breech...I can't go for an accupuncture appt til Monday, so I reallllly hope by my OB appt on Friday she has flipped! My OB said to wait on the chiro technique til 37 weeks, at which point I guess we will also discuss ECV? Just wish she would turn on her own!! Still time I guess...

37. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @birdofafeather: I'm 37 weeks and some change and when people ask I've just been saying "any day now." If I say "still have 3 weeks go go," I usually will get some kind of comment or weird glance. Or, the famous "are you sure there's only one in there?"

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I'll probably do that too but then I'll end up going past my due date with everyone saying "Is he here yet?"

39. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I've been telling people I have a month left and haven't gotten any weird comments yet, other than one woman telling me I should have planned better to avoid the hottest months of the year. 😳

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and am starting to get miserable. I'm so over it. My legs and feet look like tree trunks because of the swelling. Baby girl also won't keep her feet out of my ribs! I'm having a hard time being grateful right now.

How are yall coping with the last few weeks? Is anyone still feeling good. If so I'm jealous.

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: For some reason that comment makes me ragey. I didn't have IF but counting when we "pulled the goalie" it took more than a year... I guess both my fall babies were bad ideas then!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee