Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: I hadn't even thought about who would tell me, but I am definitely going to tell my hubby and request that he get to see and tell me! Hopefully that will work out. I can't tell if I have dropped. Sometimes I am more uncomfortable and I have been told that I am waddling a bit now.

@HyattsMom: thanks!

2. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Goose: yes, I made very clear to the nurses and Dr in delivery that I wanted DH to be the one to tell me. After waiting 9 months I really wanted that moment! Though it didn't quite work out...Dh said "it's a girl!!!" First, While the nurse said "it's a boy!!" Lol. Cue my confusion. So we obviously believed the nurse since she's a health professional and all. So I said "we have a son!" To which the Dr was like "no, it's a girl - your husband is right". LOL I was so confused. This time I told Dh I will trust his call

3. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: haha omg that's hilarious about the nurse saying that! I would have been so confused as well lol....can't wait for both of you to find out! I can't tell if I've dropped either....I'll post a bump pic tomorrow at work on our bump thread

4. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: That's hilarious! Was she trying to throw you off or was she just wrong? As for the dropping I can't tell, but I've been carrying low the whole way through. My bump points downward, hiccups are very low, and I think I'm starting to swell so maybe?

5. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: haha, oh dear!

6. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: she was just wrong! Dh was like "I thought I was pretty confident about my parts knowledge" lol

So this morning I dropped DD of fun at daycare for her first day back since being home with me all summer. I was so excited for my day - I was dreaming of baking, going for a walk on the beach, and watching TV.. Not 5 mins after I dropped her off, I fell up the stairs on my belly

I went home to lie down and didn't feel any movement so I called my OB who told me to come in. They hooked me up to the monitor and thankfully the baby is 100% okay. But they noticed I am having lots of contractions - I feel them but they aren't painful. So they want me to stay hooked up for 4 hours to see if they stop. If they don't then I need to stay for 24 hours. I'm REALLY hoping they stop and I can go home!

7. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Charm54: oh no! FX they stop and you get to go home.

8. Mrs. Pickle

Ladies, can you believe it's September?! We're having babies next month! And there will be a few born this month too. Crazy.

9. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: So crazy to think about! Can't believe how quickly time has flown by these last few months. However, I've been warned that sometimes it's the last few weeks that seem to go by at a snail's pace.

10. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: oh no. Hopefully they stop soon. @Mrs. Pickle: pretty crazy!!
    @HyattsMom: the past few weeks have already felt that way to me!

11. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Charm54: Oh no! Hope everything checks out and you get to go home soon.

12. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Charm54: FX everything checks out ok and you can go home soon. Good thing you went in to get checked out though - it's a little nerve-wracking having to make the trip in (I know I always feel like I'm overreacting), but I think it's way worse to be at home wondering if everything is ok. When I had my first little "scare" everything was fine and I felt like I'd overreacted until a nurse said to me, "there's no such thing as overreacting when you're pregnant."

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: oh no! Hope you're home soon! Sorry this is happening on your first day "off."

@Mrs. Pickle: YAY for September!!

14. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: how scary!! I hope you are ok and get to leave soon!!

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Charm54: hope everything is ok!

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NovBaby1112: @mrs. Goose: thanks! We've always loved Gemma. Just hunting a middle name still....

17. Mrs. Pickle

How many Braxton hicks are y'all feeling? I have them all the time. If I'm standing then they come pretty close together. Even when I'm sitting or laying down I have several an hour. They don't hurt, but do make it hard to breathe. They're pretty annoying. I'm starting to notice period like cramps too. They aren't consistent or anything, but they do come and go. I guess this is just normal third trimester stuff? I have an appointment on Thursday so I'm going to mention it to my doctor.

18. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Charm54: Going back to your questions on our babies feeling low. I don't have any pelvic pain but I know my nurses here comment on how low baby A is. Her head has been in my pelvic bone area because we get her heartbeat in my underwear area. I have no idea how low that is. I would assume that she could get lower. I don't know if my belly has dropped. I'll look today. I'm only 33 weeks so maybe it's too early.

As for your nurse announcing one thing and your DH announcing the other... Yeah, that must have been confusing.

As for your update today, that must have been so scary to have a fall like that. Glad the baby looked fine but hoping the baby stays that way. Thinking of you!!

19. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: Yay for September. I am looking forward to meeting my babies and leaving the hospital but I am also nervous about the induction. But trying to think big picture that we'll have the babies here very soon.

When I get monitors (NSTs), the nurses do ask me if I feel any contractions and I usually tell them I don't. I did have some mild contractions about a week ago but I that coincided with an increase of fluid leaking but my contractions have since gone away. My nurses are more concerned about painful contraction that are more regular and that have me stopping to breath or talk. Though, I am in the hospital so my situation may be different than someone laboring at home.

I know I haven't had much pelvic pain but know baby girl is low but does anyone have knee pain? It started two days ago. It could be that since I'm on bed rest and my leg muscles are weakening and I feel it more in my knees now. I really do need to do the bed exercises that the physical therapist gave me.

20. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Charm54: So scary! I hope everything settles down and is okay!

@Mrs. Pickle: I've had a lot more lately, I was going to ask at my next appointment since I can usually make them stop. As for the period like cramps, that's what my early contractions (real ones) felt like so I would definitely ask. It was like a lower back pain that moved in a wave toward the front and felt like a menstrual cramp but wasn't really painful at all, just uncomfortable. I do know some people who had random contractions in their third trimester though.

21. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@bluestriped bee: can you describe to me what your slow leak of fluid was like?

22. BSB

@Rainbow Sprinkles: well, I had some vaginal discharge before that was off and on and a panty liner was fine. It was when I needed something thicker was when I started getting a bit worried. It was a constant trickle. I definitely felt more when I was standing versus laying down. It was clear fluid and it didn't smell.

23. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I still haven't felt any... I know you can have them without feeling them because they start pretty early on, but it has made me wonder/ worry about when I will have the baby and about natural delivery and labour progression.

24. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: Rose? May? Elizabeth? Just throwing some suggestions out! We have family middle names ready for boy or girl, but that's it.

25. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Thanks everyone! After 8 hours of being hooked up to the monitor they let me go home. I was still having contractions but not as regular as I was when I first got there. They seemed surprised that I was having so many contractions that I could feel, but I've been telling them that for weeks now that I've been having them ?? They aren't painful, just a definite tightening , mild contraction. I guess the difference today was that there were so many of them for so long .

Anyway - glad to be out of there! 8 hours of lying on a stretcher not able to move was not exactly comfortable

26. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I'm having a lot of BH and period like cramps lately....it feels like a dull ache that's constant though and not something that comes and goes. I figure it's just my uterus getting ready

@Charm54: glad you are out of there! Boo about having to be there for 8 hours though!!

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I have some days when I have a lot of them. I've noticed for me getting up and doing something generally makes them go away, I think if I try and sit and relax I obsess about them making my body more tense and causing more. But they def are way more prevalent than they were a week ago and I'm only 32 weeks. Making me nervous enough that I will def ask about the increase at my appt tomorrow.

@bluestriped bee: I think if I sleep wrong and then do some walking my knee kills for a couple days. Hopefully your knee also goes back to normal. a bit of heat helped mine.

@Mrs. Goose: my mom had bh and then never started actual labor so I wouldn't worry it means you won't start. Mine are really annoying so I'm a bit jealous you haven't felt them
    I love the middle name Rose but it's too boring for dh. Rosalie is a contender tho. We really want something more unique but Gemma is oddly hard to pair with.

@Charm54: glad you got to go home. Hope the contractions stay away!

28. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: that's good to hear re: BH. Rosalie is pretty. As I was trying to think of suggestions I noticed how hard it is to pair Gemma.

29. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I've only felt BH once when it was super obvious, but other than that I haven't felt much. Just lots of movement. Baby is head down already, so wouldn't be surprised if I start to feel them more often.

30. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Charm54: Great to hear that you're home now!

31. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Charm54: Glad you're home!

@Mrs. Goose: I didn't feel my BH at all with my first, my doctor had to actually point it out to me that they were happening when she was taking the heartbeat once. I went a few days overdue but everything happened naturally and my labor was 13 hours start to finish, only 3 of those hours in the hospital.

32. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Some days just a few and some days they're like all day long, I think. Sometimes it's hard to tell because baby likes to stick his butt out and it makes everything feel tight. Feeling a little cramping but that's something I'd bring up at your appointment, unless it's bad then I'd call in.

@Charm54: Glad everything's ok!

33. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: So I was catching up this morning and reading about how many of you have had BH already and I thought to myself that I still hadn't had any. Well I definitely just had my first one. My stomach got crazy tight, I got really hot, and then my eyes started watering for a bit. I had another small one after that about 10 minutes later but that's it. At least I know what they're like now!

34. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

At my doctor's appointment yesterday (34 weeks, 5 days), they said I was already dialated about a finger tip (not sure how that equates to cm?). I know that I could stay like that for another 5 weeks or so, but still, it makes it seem like I'm coming down to the home stretch. Eeek! She did say if I went into labor at this point, they wouldn't do anything to stop it.

I'm also measuring small so they are sending me to have an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm glad they are checking to make sure everything looks okay, but I'm not really worried. The doctor said baby's head was very low, so I'm thinking the baby may have dropped which is affecting my measurements. Plus, I think this may just be a small baby (DD1 was only 5 lbs 10 oz when she was born at 38 weeks). But we'll see. Just a few weeks ago they were telling me I was at risk for a large baby because I had a high reading on one of my blood draws for the three hour glucose test. Basically, it seems like they have no idea how big this baby is, lol.

35. BSB

@cranberry: You might be on the home stretch! Excited? You might be the next one behind me to give birth! I'll be having my twins in my arms hopefully by the end of this weekend! I'm Nervous and excited. Oh, I believe they will check my cervix today or tomorrow to see what meds they'll use to start my induction. Oh and my last growth U/s was at 32 weeks (2 weeks ago) and won't have another growth U/s. I will have an U/s today or tomorrow to check babies position. I know 2 weeks ago both babies were measuring about 3 lbs and my dr expects them to be around 4 lbs when I deliver.
    I'll be starting the Oct 2015 labor thread when I get my official induction date today! But for post partum support, I might hop over to the Sept 2015 Due date thread.

36. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@cranberry: I had no clue how early they started measuring for dilation, but good to know! Crazy!

Good luck with the u/s. Better to know for sure for everyone's peace of mind.

37. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@bluestriped bee: Good luck, due-date-buddy! FX all goes well the next few days.

38. BSB

@HyattsMom: Thank you!

39. Mrs. Pickle

@renee0106: my face gets hot when I have one too. It's not pleasant!

@cranberry: hopefully you make it to full term!

40. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@bluestriped bee: Gosh, the end of the week will be here so soon! Nervous and excited sounds about right

@HyattsMom: I've heard that some doctors don't do a cervical check as early, or as often, but my practice seems to start them at about 35 weeks.

@Mrs. Pickle: I know, full term is what I'm hoping for. Still, even that isn't that far away anymore. In my head I keep thinking the baby is going to come early since my first DD did and because they were telling me back at 18 weeks that I likely wouldn't go full term and to start out focusing on 24 weeks, then 28 weeks (although those issues cleared up a few weeks ago, so this prediction doesn't really apply anymore). Just because I'm thinking I'm going to go at least a little early, I probably will still be pregnant at 41 weeks (which isn't a bad thing). I should stop trying to guess though- the baby will come when she's ready

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee