Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@hellobeeboston: Good luck!!
    @hilsy85: I didn't think so either! I googled it (of course!) and apparently it's not uncommon with second babies. Awesome.
    @Charm54: @NovBaby1112: Congratulations! So crazy that y'all had such similar birth stories. @Mrs. Pickle: so exciting to have an end in sight!

2. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

I have a really really stupid question for the moms that already have a little one.

I know every labour is different...but what can one expect leading up to it? I'm pretty sure I lost part of my plug today, which is TMI, but I also know it really means nothing. Overall I just feel like CRAP..

3. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: is L's party this weekend?

4. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@babycanuck: i hate to say it, but each one of my close friends and i have had different experiences with labor!
    me: no warning, water broke first thing after waking up, baby born less than 7 hours later.
    Friend 1: labored at home for 6+ hours with nothing really going on beforehand, went to the hospital at night. had her baby the following day.
    F2: slow labor for 12 hours, active for another 12, got an epi, had her son a couple hours later.
    F3: dilated at a 3 for 3 weeks. went past her due date. still labored for over 36 hours before delivery.
    F4: on and off contractions for a week every night. fell asleep before they turned into anything. finally got it jump started by using her pump, slowly progressed, pushed for 3 hours, no progression of baby into birth canal, so c-section

it sucks that everything means something and nothing all at once!!

5. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@babycanuck: with my first the plug came out the week or so leading to labor. This time, I lost a bit a few days ago, then most of it today; being induced and in labor. And in terms of contractions I had none with my first, then one day they just started and it was labor, this time been having them off & on for a week

6. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@birdofafeather: I have no idea what to expect and I just want it over with

7. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@hellobeeboston: ok thanks. I had braxton hicks for weeks before, now nothing, just feeling very...tight? around my abdomen area. So uncomfortable.

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@babycanuck: i know. it totally sucks, especially when you're feeling so crappy to start with! i got the flu a week before DD1 was born and had to go into l&d to get fluids/tamiflu. i remember thinking that if i was in labor or something was wrong to the point of them wanting her out, that i would want a c-section because i felt so so bad.

i forgot about my cousin who felt so off and terrible at 35 weeks and just totally over it and she ended up giving birth two days later! guess that was her body's way of saying it was time. crossing my fingers for you that it happens soon!!

9. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@babycanuck: with dd1, I lost my plug at 38 weeks and then was induced 2 weeks later. At my 39 appointment I was almost 5 cm dilated, and still never went into labor. I had no Braxton hicks, no contractions of any sort until I was started on pitocin.

With my second, I had about 2 weeks of prodromal labor. Real, timeable contractions, but then they would fizzle out into nothing. I never lost my plug. One Sunday morning, I woke up feeling like she was way lower. I waddled around all day, hardly able to walk. I went #2 about 10 times, and had an insane amount of discharge. She was born the next morning at 9 am.

With #3, I also had lots of prodromal labor. I had several instances of thinking I was In labor, but then the contractions halting. I lost my plug somewhere around 37+5 (very obvious). I never dropped, always carried her high (until it was time to push her out!). I woke up at 38+2 feeling normal. Had a Dr appointment and found out I was almost 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced, went and got a foot massage that morning, and then started feeling pretty intense period cramps around 4 pm. I declared them real contractions around 6 pm, and she was born the next morning at 3 am.

10. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: thanks for that. I was only 1 cm when I saw the dr Weds and she did a sweep because I waddled in crying from being so tired from not sleeping (which I wouldn't care about if I had a baby in my arms..) and so uncomfortable. He's definitely dropped in the last week, a lot, I have a lot of pelvic pain.

11. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@babycanuck: I hope it happens soon! Are you taking evening primrose oil (it's said to help with effacement)? What about having sex often? I hate to be TMI, but semen has a lot of natural prostaglandins in it (cervical ripener) and can also majorly help with effacement. Effacement refers to how thinned out your cervix is, and may be a better indicator of "readiness" for labor than dilation. If you're close enough to your due date, you could also try nipple stimulation or reflexology.

12. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: this totally is TMI but DH refuses to come near me. It's been a l-o-n-g 9 months. I think it's because he a) thinks he'll hurt the baby (too many movies) and b) because we struggled for so long and had timed fun time for 2.5 years, he's just over it right now..

The OB did say my lining was really thin when she checked me, which is why I keep hoping the sweep does its job.

13. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@hellobeeboston: Good luck today!
    @Charm54: @NovBaby1112: Congrats!!! Love their names!!

14. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: So exciting that you have an induction date! You are almost there!

15. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babycanuck: with LO1 I lost my mucous plug the day after my OB swept my membranes, and the same day I had reflexology done. My water broke the next morning. @birdofafeather: yep on Sunday! I am actually kind of really regretting planning anything, especially because of the coming hurricane/storm, which means that I think we will have to try to fit 16 adults and 5 3 year olds (and some assorted babies) in our small apartment NO idea how that's going to work...maybe I'll go into labor on Saturday and get myself out of it

@babycanuck: have you felt any cramping since the sweep? or noticed any spotting?

16. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@hilsy85: very minimal spotting after she did it, nothing else, though. No abnormal cramping - pelvic pain that I've had for a week or two.

17. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babycanuck: ah ok. Well, time will tell! Just make sure your bag is packed just in case

18. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@hilsy85: packed and ready to go!!! my hormones are raging, though I just feel like crying all the time

19. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: embrace the chaos and have a cleaning lady come next week?! Ha. That's what I would do!

20. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@babycanuck: is there anything you feel like doing for yourself? Massage, pedi/mani, movie? Anything that's self care to get your mind elsewhere even for a short time?

21. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: ha I have one coming tomorrow pre party! I'm just going to hope that maybe one parent for each kid will stay home!

22. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: congrats!!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Am I the only one making zero progress with dilation? Seriously, I've been given due dates from early ultrasounds from 10/4 to 10/9, and this kid has been low forever (like pelvic pain since the second trimester).. I just can't believe nothing is happening. I guess one way or another he will be here soon.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babycanuck: sorry you're having a rough time. Hope the sweep works and your baby is here asap.

25. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm not making any progress either. I'm still at 1cm, which is where I was 2 weeks ago. I've been losing pieces of plug for almost 2 weeks and having mild contractions daily so I really thought I'd be dilated more by now. I guess she's just comfy in there!

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks for the commiseration!! As far as I know I'm still at zero! I was further along with my first baby although not much. And my OB still thinks an induction can work... I'm nervous to go past my date and I'm nervous to get induced and wind up with a c section. Not sure what to think. I was at a 1 just a couple days before going into labor with dd though...so hopefully your girl's not *too* comfy.

27. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

Col!n W!lder born at 9:01pm today after my induction 10 days past due date! 9lbs 6oz & 21 inches! Chunk-a-munk.....

Induction was longish but went well! I had a 25mg dose of misoprostol at 9:30 (only 2+cm), had been having mild contractions every 7 minutes or so already before anything. After miso and 2 hrs of monitoring got to wak around, go get lunch. Contractions picked up. Started pacing/bouncing then when they started getting bad I got in the jacuzzi tub in my room which was awesome and really moved things along, my water broke in the tub then I asked for the epi..... My nurse got m me fully set up for epi while still in tub and got out, in bed, and epi right away. Good because I was shaking bad, and ctx were bad! I was 6cm at this point. Chilled for a couple hours then was a 10, waited about 30 min to push so he could move down a bit.... Took me an hour of pushing, he was sideways so lots of positions in the bed, then here!!' Long day but so awesome. I'm feeling well (sore) couple minor stitches!

Yay for all the Oct 1 babies!!!!! 👶❤👍

28. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@hellobeeboston: congrats!

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@hellobeeboston: congrats!! Love his name! And yay for being month twins again!

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to meet more October babies!

@babycanuck: I had zero labor signs with my first...my water slowly broke like a small trickle. With this one, I had lots of cramping the day i went into labor and started spotting and losing more mucus plug in the evening

@hilsy85: hope everything works out for L's bday party!

@hellobeeboston: yayyy!!! Congrats mama love his name...can't believe all the Oct 1 babies!!

31. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@hellobeeboston: Congratulations!

What is that now? 4 Oct. 1 babies yesterday?!?! Getting exciting here!

32. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hellobeeboston: Congratulations!

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hellobeeboston: congrats!! Sounds like you did an awesome job!

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@hellobeeboston: congratulations!!

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Question for those that have done this before. Does the Pelvic pain go away as soon as baby is here? It's making me insane and I just want to prepare if it stays for awhile afterwards

36. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@hellobeeboston: Congrats!

37. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@hellobeeboston: congrats!

38. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@hellobeeboston: Woo! Big and beautiful I bet. Congratulations.

Yay for the first of October, it was a good day!

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MamaBear87: it did for me but I only had it the last week or so last time... I'm assuming it may take longer this time. I think the pressure will though because that's just the baby pushing on everything.

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

38 week appt today and 2 cm dilated. She did a "mini sweep" but saidbthe baby's head is still on the higher side. I'm guessing I'll be making it to my 39 week appt!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee