Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Happy birthday! And your daughter's is this week, too, right?! A good week to have a baby...

2. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: happy birthday!!

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: Seriously. My husband said to me last night, "Everyone else in the family has an October birthday and I'm over here hanging out in April." So i told him that at least his birthday will never be overshadowed.

4. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@avivoca: Happy Birthday!

5. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@avivoca: Happy birthday!

6. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@avivoca: Happy Birthday! Hope that little one comes soon.

7. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: Hope you guys are doing okay!

@avivoca: Happy birthday, mama!

8. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

How's everybody hanging in there today? At 36+2, I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting to that "feeling super pregnant" stage. Ha! I had some killer RLP (I guess that's what it was) when I tried getting out of bed this morning...I yelled super loud and almost cried, and in turn gave my husband a heart attack because he thought I was suddenly in labor. Sheesh.

Baby girl is also still up SO high--taking my breath away with the high rib kicks most days. I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning, along with my first (and likely only) cervical check as well as the (yay) GBS swab.

We finally moved DD1 into her new room last night, so that's exciting! She likes it so far so we're hoping for a smooth transition.

9. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@thepicklemonster: thinking about you today! Hope all is going well.

10. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@avivoca: happy birthday!! Our family has a birthday season too. We're about to have 3 October birthdays, plus one end of November, and 3 in December.

11. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@mfa_lady: I'm still a little in disbelief we're about to have a baby. Ha! Although I'm hoping still isn't till at least next week because dd came down with a cold last week and I really don't want to bring a newborn home to a house of sick people.

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I am sitting here waiting ever so (im)patiently to see more October babies.

13. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: Same here! Can't wait to see some more cuties.

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: well we have a Cat 4/3 hurricane breathing down our neck
    Maybe drop in pressure will put me on labor? That's what everyone says!!?
    I'm not ready and don't want to leave G in a hurricane!

15. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

Congrats, so nice to see such sweet lil baby faces! Such beautiful lil October pumpkins showing up.

@FaithFertility: I was just reading about the hurricane last night and was wondering how many of these babies are going to be born in some heavy wind and rain. Are you guys at a place that might be evacuated?

16. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@FaithFertility: Yikes! Hope the hurricane loses steam before it makes it your way!

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Just got out of the doctor! 3 cm, 70% effaced, -1 station, anterior cervix. She doesn't think I'll make it to my 41 week appointment on Monday. Baby is making the move to anterior (hooray)!

18. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@avivoca: Great news! Sending good vibes your way!

19. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@FaithFertility: Ugh, I know, the timing! We are line of Hurricane Matthew, too, but it will get to you first (if it hits land)! I haven't watched news reports today yet but hopefully it stays at sea.

@avivoca: Yay! Go, baby, go!

I'm getting acupuncture today to help induce labor. Has anyone had any experience (or have friends have experience) with acupuncture moving things along? I get acupuncture quite frequently but I'm still only a half-believer (except for positive effect on my anxiety and stress levels...) .

20. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Sounds promising! Did she do a sweep or anything to encourage labor?

@Amorini: Hope it does the trick!

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: Not today, she will do one on Monday if I need it. Just her touching my cervix cause a contraction.

My mom can't come take care of H. Her back is out and she can't drive because of the pain meds/muscle relaxers. Now we are scrambling to figure out a new game plan. I'm trying to remember that even though this is not what I wanted, it will all work out in the end and the most important thing is that she gets better, not that it's an inconvenience to me.

22. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: So excited for you! I know it's going to be soon.

@Amorini: Good luck with acupuncture!

23. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

I had an ultrasound and an appointment this morning -- baby girl is head down and looking good. They're estimating just over 6lbs right now (estimates with DD1 were always high because her head is huge, so I'm assuming this one will be similar). My doctor said "1.5, maybe 2 cm dilated and WAY effaced," whatever that means in percentages. Ha. I'm still not thinking baby girl is coming anytime soon (I'm 36+3), but cool to know something's happening. I never had a cervical check until I was in labor with DD1!

24. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Amorini: People swear by it but I didn't try acupuncture until trying to conceive so I can't personally vouch for it with respect to labor. I do think it helped me get pregnant so I did start back up with it at 33 weeks on an every other week basis to help manage third trimester symptoms. I've been sleeping better and haven't really swollen since I started it but the weather has cooled and I've been sick so who knows whether it should get any credit. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it, though. Hope it helps bring on labor!

25. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

Just had my membranes stripped. Doctor said I'm almost 2cm and hopefully something will happen within the week.

@Amorini: I'm doing acupuncture today too. I've been going through my whole pregnancy, but every week for the past 3 or 4 weeks...hopefully that combined with my membrane sweep this morning makes something happen!

26. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@Kitkat: Hope your treatment went well! I just updated on this thread about what all happened at my very long acupuncture appointment today. We shall see!
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/acupuncture-to-induce-labor-any-experiences

@Shantuck: Thanks! I started doing acupuncture for IVF and then through the first tri and now again starting weekly again since 36w. I guess we'll see what happens!

@avivoca: Sorry to hear about your mom and things being scrambled up now. I'm sure it will work out somehow. My parents have these amazing stories of how people came to help them when they were active duty military and all over the world with 5 births/kids and never had family around...

@whiskers: @mfa_lady: Thanks, ladies! @mfa_lady: Such good progress with still a few weeks to go (maybe!).

@FaithFertility: Thinking of you as I get updated on the latest hurricane news for us. Things definitely got a bunch more serious around here and schools are cancelled for the rest of the week! And the entire SC coast is being evacuated... which is basically one step away from being our neighborhood. It might sound silly to some, but my biggest worry is having our house damaged with our dogs inside while we are at the hospital. Just a little preggo anxiety floating around...

27. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Amorini: That sounds intense.. any signs of it working yet? Fingers crossed it does the trick!

28. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Amorini: Your acupuncture update from today is so interesting! I am definitely going to ask my acupuncturist to give those techniques a shot once I'm closer to 40 weeks (37+3 now). I've been doing acupuncture throughout my pregnancy and think it's helped me a ton - with anxiety/stress for sure, but also back aches, migraines, nausea, baby positioning, etc. Can't wait to hear if you experience progress tonight/tomorrow!

29. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@Amorini: your appointment sounds much more intense than mine! I walked around the mall for about an hour before my appointment. At the appointment he said he did everything he could do to start labor except one thing, which was some sort of electro therapy. He said if I make it to next week he'll do it then. Fingers crossed something happens for you!

30. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@whiskers: @TapDancer: @Kitkat: I thought things were picking up before dinner last night but now nothing. My acu wants me to call in the morning if nothing has happened! It's almost morning!

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

40+5 and I just lost my plug!

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@avivoca: Popping in to say yay! I hope she comes out ASAP.

33. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@avivoca: I know everybody is different but my sister lost her plug and her water broke in the same day. Here's hoping this is a sign that things are happening for you!

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Shantuck: I lost mine at 5 cm last time (I was at the hospital) and H was born four hours later. I'd been in labor for 10 hours at that point so this is new territory for me because I am not experiencing active contractions at this point. I did just walk 1.2 miles at the park.

35. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@avivoca: woo hoo!!! Hopefully soon!!

36. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@avivoca: hopefully it's soon then! With dd I lost mine and then had her around 12 hours later.

37. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: So excited for you! Hope today's the day!

38. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@avivoca: I just lost mine, too! Hope today's the day for both of us!!

39. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@avivoca: S came the same day I lost my plug! It was a lightning quick labor once contractions got going - so my advice is to be ready at any moment to head in! Exciting!!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@coopsmama: I'm getting ready to pack bags for me and H and then take a nap. I live 20 minutes from the hospital without traffic, so once contractions start, I'm calling T to come home.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee