Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@TFrances: Yay! Welcome home, mamma!

@jaguar: I'm not quite sure when your tomorrow is, but I'll be thinking of you.

At my check today, I was 1 cm dilated and the OB did a sweep, though probably not a very complete one because my cervix hasn't thinned much. I'm feeling a bit more down there but nothing that says things are happening yet.

2. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: Yay for progress! If i make it to my 40 week appointment, I might see if the midwife will do a sweep.

3. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TFrances: Glad recovery is going a bit smoother this time. Hope big bro comes around soon.

4. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@jaguar sending good vibes!

5. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@TFrances: hooray and welcome home!

6. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: I wasn't asked by my OB if I'd like a sweep. He just did it. Argh, but part of the "OB package" I guess. And, really, I'm so close to my due date...

I got a flu shot yesterday too and feel like 1/100th or something of the flu right now. Just pure "mild" crap all over. Can someone tell me how long this feeling lasts? I'm sure it's not pre-labor.

7. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: Thinking about you and hoping everything goes smoothly!

8. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Amorini: Ugh! Sorry about the flu shot. I had mine one Monday but I already had a sinus infection when I got it so I was already not feeling so hot. Hope you feel better soon!

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@jaguar: Good luck today! Thinking of you and hope it goes great.

10. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

This was on my mind all night (insomnia!) -- how soon after you felt like your baby "dropped" did you go into labor? In the past day or so I've felt a lot more pressure down low (and today there's been some light cramping) and my belly definitely looks lower (co-workers commenting). Dr. Google told me that the baby could still be 2-4 weeks away (and I'm 36+4 right now, which makes sense), so I'm guessing nothing is imminent. But just curious - do you recall how long it was between "dropping" and labor for you all?

ETA: Just found this HB thread on the very topic. But still curious to know this group's experience

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/how-long-after-baby-dropping-did-you-deliver#post-2583986

11. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@TapDancer: I'm not much help--DD1 didn't really "drop" until I was in labor! She took up more low space just because she got big, haha, but no real dropping until the action was happening. Good luck!

12. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TapDancer: I've never gone into natural labor, so I'm no help. I also pay no attention to my belly's position. From what I've read it seems like (along with every other symptom) it could mean something or nothing.

13. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@TapDancer: I'm not much help either. I never "dropped" last time. My cervical checks made it look like the baby was never coming and then when I was 38 weeks on the dot, my water broke and the baby was here 12 hours later.

14. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: Haha, I think that's exactly right - all of these lovely symptoms are simultaneously something and nothing

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TapDancer: I dropped at 38 weeks last time and delivered at 40+3. I've been steadily dropping since 33-35 weeks and am still hanging out at 39+5.

16. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Arrivals:
    Sept 26 - Q (TFrances)

Due Dates:
    Sept 30 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - ThePickleMonster (#1) Scheduled C-Section 10/3
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 12 - Paddington10 (#2)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 13 - Waiting4you (#1)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2) Scheduled Induction 9/30
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 16 - FaithFertility (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Boston Terrier Mom (#2)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3) Scheduled Induction 10/18
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 21 - Lurleen_Lumpkin (#1)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 28 - Lollipop_Sorbet (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

Always in our hearts :
    Dylan James - Winniebee's boy
    YouGotMe's baby girl

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Baby girl is kind of quiet today...I hope that means she is preparing to make her debut! I'm thinking I might go into labor on Sunday and she'll be born Monday, but it's anyone's guess right now. My husband thinks I'll make it to my 40 week appointment on Tuesday. We shall see!

18. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Thinking of you

@avivoca: Hope she doesn't make you wait too much longer.

19. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@TapDancer: I think my baby dropped around 36w. I've had trouble crossing my legs and feel a lot more pressure and pelvic pain since then. That was like 2.5 weeks ago and no signs of labor over here!

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

She's here!!!!!

Update more soon but Squee!!!!

21. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@jaguar: woohoo! Glad she has arrived!

22. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: hooray! Congrats

23. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@jaguar: I'm so thrilled for you all. Congratulations!!

24. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: Yay!!!!!! Welcome, baby girl!!!!!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TFrances: Welcome Home!!!!!!

@jaguar: Yay, congratulations!!!!

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: CONGRATS!!!!

27. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: Yay!!!!! Congrats, Mama!

@avivoca: Whenever I see you were the last post, I keep hoping you are posting with news for us!

28. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: yeah!!!!! Congrats!!

29. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Congrats!!

30. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: Congratulations!

31. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@jaguar: Congrats!

32. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Happy due date! How are you feeling about your odds today?

33. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Happy 40 weeks!!!

Hey, I just lost at least part of my mucus plug and tomorrow's my due date. Otherwise, I'm good (and feeling much better after the flu shot reaction!). I know it could mean labor will start soon-ish or it could still be days away. Any thoughts?! At the very least, I'm going to skip out of work early and go get a pedicure...

34. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@jaguar: I've been stalking this board to see when you had her. lol. Congrats and can't wait to see pics!!!

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: I feel too good to be going into labor today, which is nice after feeling like absolute crap yesterday.

@Amorini: Thanks! And yay for losing parts of your plug! I've lost bits and pieces for the last few weeks but it's still hanging in there.

36. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Amorini: Exciting! Hope you get to meet your little one soon!

@avivoca: Don't count it out! I was sick when I went into labor with DD (basically hacking up a lung every two seconds), but otherwise had a GREAT day--super productive and motivated, etc. (Although, why am I even saying this...no matter what, you're meeting your girl SO SOON!)

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: I am pretty tired, the smoke detector batteries decided to get low in the middle of the night and I was awake for what seemed like hours listening to the stupid thing beep. It waits until you almost doze off before beeping again. I replaced it this morning when I woke up because it was driving me nuts.

My dog also wouldn't leave me alone this morning. Maybe that means something. I hope it's this weekend, that way H can go stay with my parents and she'll still get to go to school on Monday.

38. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: So pumped for you! I can't wait to hear your news (and see that little babe!).

39. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@jaguar: wahoo congrats!! Can't wait for an update!

40. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

It's October! Let the baby flood gates open.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee