Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: My coworker brought in her new baby (he's probably 3 weeks old) and I'm sooooo ready to meet mine now! I forgot how tiny they are!

2. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@whiskers: I feel the same way! I'm not ready for mine yet, but can't wait to see everyone else's! Ha!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ladies I am so excited to see some babies, only when they are ready of course!!!!!!!!!

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Baby still baking here too! Too bloody funny. Looks like we have an induction date being decided for the next few weeks sometime... eeeep!

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm sloooowly getting things prepared for this baby! Sunday, I did five loads of laundry. Monday, I washed the diapers that I stripped. Even though they had been in storage, they somehow got really gross, but now they are clean. My husband put together my new glider and my cats have managed to pull threads out of it already and I've only had it for three days. I'm also slowly starting to pack my hospital bag. I'm only taking one for me and baby (it's a massive bag) since I didn't use hardly anything I brought last time.

This weekend, I'm going to tackle cleaning the bedroom and getting the PNP set up for baby girl. It's really starting to sink in that a baby will be coming soon!

6. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

Hey ladies, I've been lazy about checking in. Great to hear you are getting excited! I'm somewhere between completely in denial, horribly excited and mildly petrified! Even though I'm "only" 38w4d, I feel like I'm living on borrowed time. Anyone else know what I mean?

Some brief periods of BHs but not much to report on pre-labor. I'll wait for a cervical check until next week's appointment (if I'm still pregnant). The good news is that my BP was awesome when checked today: 118/64. So even though my hand and leg swelling continued, no one is talking pre-e and all that!

Hope everyone is doing well and resting up!

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Amorini: I could have written your post!
    Some days I am 100% ready Others 0!
    I go from cleaning to nothing thinking I have so much time!
    I haven't packed a thing, that I need to do this weekend!

8. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

Still in denial that a baby will actually be showing up soon. Not sure how that is, given the internal pummelling s/he gives me on a regular basis! Still, things are moving along. Finally did a load of laundry and will be starting to pack a hospital bag soon, shower is this weekend, and our car seat and stroller have finally arrived! Glider is being delivered tomorrow.

9. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I'm so excited it is fall! Wish the weather would get the memo. Also, super excited to be in the under a month point.

I normally would be so ready for this baby, but I have about 2 weeks worth of sleep to catch up on between working, sick kids, peeing all night and insomnia. My mom isn't flying in until the 11th, so if anything happens before that it'll be a scramble. This week I'm rearranging the kitchen and I need to sterilize all the bottles.

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: EEEEE! So exciting.

@avivoca: I feel like your girl will be here so soon. So pumped for you! (You still look awesome, by the way.)

@Amorini: Hahaha, I feel you. I have SO MUCH TO DO to get ready still. It's been a crazy year, and I'm way behind. But...they'll come when they come, yes?

@FaithFertility: I should probably pack, too, even though I still have 5 weeks to go. I was packing while in active labor last time....not my finest hour. Haha!

@cnidaria: So exciting!

@whiskers: I'm usually a summer girl but mannnnn am I glad to see Fall this year. I hope you get some rest, mama!

11. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

37w2d, barely 1cm dilated. BP back to normal, but feet look freakish! And we are moving on Sunday. Thank goodness for my MIL - she's flew in from NY and has been packing for us while we're at work and I've been taking carloads to the new house each morning on my way to work. DH is coaching after school, so he's not home until 9:30 each night. I have a big proposal due Monday and I have a luncheon honoring my boss on Tuesday and no real shoes fit my swollen feet anymore - gonna be fitflops and a maxi dress, I fear. Trying to get as many hours in before mat leave. Sorry kid, you can't come out for another week at least! Oh and it's supposed to be the first day of autumn, but the heat index is 106 today. At this point, if he's got the pack-n-play (still in box) and I have a bed, I don't care too much about the rest. I have one package each of newborn and size 1 diapers, some pads and depends for me and a couple of different baby bottles have been ordered. Hospital bag is about 1/2 packed and I should probably take the breast pump out of its box and wash the flanges (lactation nurse at hospital said to bring it along). I'm usually pretty ocd, but all of this stuff hitting at once has really made me just roll with it!

Oh! We went to one of those car seat checks last weekend. Took forever, but so glad we went! Turns out DH's car is too old to have the seat in the middle (middle seat belt isn't the locking kind). It's barely 8 years old!

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I am the most pregnant today I have EVER been. #milestone

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Woohoo!!!!!

14. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: crazy to think, especially knowing where you were a few weeks ago!

15. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

love hearing about what everyone is doing with their last few weeks. I'm 38 weeks on Monday. I still need to wash some newborn clothes, clean my car, pack my hospital bag, make some "busy bags" for my toddler and do some random organization stuff in the nursery. I'm only 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced so I think I'll make it to 39 weeks at least.

16. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Ugh. I think I have a sinus infection. My 4 yo brought home a nasty cold that he recovered from a day or two later and here I am a week later, barely able to breathe or eat and unable to take much. I called my OB's office and couldn't get past the receptionist (who decided she was fit to dispense medical advice and told me to just take a sudafed). Luckily my internist's office could squeeze me in today. I'd seriously kill for an Advil right now....

17. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

Ugh. Feel like our house has gotten so cluttered. Trying to clean and declutter in between being tired.
    I'll be 36 weeks this weekend, a lil over 1 cm and thinning, doesn't mean anything but a kick to say Um this baby is coming sometime in this next month.

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Maysprout: I feel you. I've been 1 cm for the last two weeks and having false labor the entire time too. This baby better come fast when she decides to come. I told her that it was okay to come out now and that we would protect her.

19. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

Had growth scan today. Baby is 97th percentile everything (same as last time), which translates to a current estimated weight of 9 lbs 6 oz at 37.5 weeks! DH was over 12 lbs at birth, so I am not shocked. My OB acknowledged that there is a 10% margin of error and baby is probably smaller than estimated, but he has no doubt that if I go full term, this will be a very large baby. We discussed the risks of trying to deliver vaginally and he said it is totally up to me. We decided to book a c-section for October 3, and I can always cancel it. If I go into labor before then, I think I will at least try and see what happens, but my gut is telling me that the planned c-section is most likely happening. I've been mentally preparing myself for this for weeks and I think I am ok with it. At this point I just want the baby out safely and I do love the idea of knowing that I will be becoming a mom in, at most, 10 days from now. Eek! Lots of emotions today.

20. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Let me know if anyone else has a known c-section or induction date scheduled.

Sept 30 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 1 - TFrances (#4) Scheduled C-Section 9/26
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - ThePickleMonster (#1) Scheduled C-Section 10/3
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 12 - Paddington10 (#2)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 13 - Waiting4you (#1)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2) Scheduled Induction 9/30
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 16 - FaithFertility (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Boston Terrier Mom (#2)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 21 - Lurleen_Lumpkin (#1)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 28 - Lollipop_Sorbet (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

Always in our hearts :
    Dylan James - Winniebee's boy
    YouGotMe's baby girl

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@thepicklemonster: October 3 is a great day to have a baby! It's my birthday. And then you can always use this meme.

22. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@avivoca: LOVE THIS

23. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Shantuck: I hear you, just substitute sinus infection for chest infection. I should have known, since Georgia's been sick for the last week - but yuck, worst feeling ever.

@thepicklemonster: I'm also at a huge percentile (her belly meaures 99th/40 weeks already!) so I get you - and we've had the c-sec talk already too. That said, I'm still leaning towards an induction to have a crack at things. Thinking of you!

@whiskers: Okay... it LOOKS like if I don't go in the next week, we're talking induction September 30th. GAAAAH!

24. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TFrances: Good luck tomorrow!!! Hope your last full day pregnant goes well.

@jaguar: Exciting! Crazy to think you weren't even sure you would make it to September.

25. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@whiskers: Thanks! I'm headed out to kid-free book club with some friends and then going to hit up Target for last minute essentials (granny panties, lanolin, and some magazines). Still need to throw some clothes into my hospital bag and wait for the time confirmation phone call.

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: Good luck tomorrow! I'm so excited for you to meet your son!

As for me, I'm officially not allowed to be more than an hour from the hospital, so I stayed home from church (45 minutes on a good day) and have been making a bunch of food for the week so we just have to heat and eat. I feel very productive and tired.

27. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@TFrances: so exciting! Best wishes!

28. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@TFrances: yay! Good luck tomorrow!!!

29. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@TFrances: Yay! Enjoy your day and have a wonderful and amazing birthing day tomorrow. Can't wait for details!

@avivoca: Are you getting excited?! Do you think you'll make it to your due date?

Friday and Saturday I definitely had a few short periods of mild contractions. Today not so much. Assuming I make it to Wednesday, I'm excited to see how much I've progressed since my last cervical check. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll at least make it to my due date but who knows really.

In other exciting news, we have names. It's only taken 39w1d.

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: I was 3 days late last time, so I have no idea. My husband thinks that the baby is either coming Sept. 30 or Oct. 3.

31. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: That's pretty precise!

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Omg, this cold/cough at full term is brutal. So much pain!

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: I'm so sorry! I hope this is the worst of it and you start feeling better soon!

34. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Thanks love! My poor belly ligaments are stuffed and I feel like I'm completely squashing the child with every cough. That + insomnia = crankypants Aly.

35. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: I feel your pain!! I was SO SICK with the worst cough before I delivered DD1. I tell people all the time I think I "coughed my water broken." I'm sure that's not ACTUALLY possible, but it sure felt like it. Feel better, mama!

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@mfa_lady: I honestly don't know how I HAVEN'T popped them yet. Pee... that's another story,

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I pre-registered at the hospital today... It's getting real!

38. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: Damn, girl! Getting there!!!!!!

In other news, I have been at work for less than two hours and have peed three times. Clearly, these next 4.5 - 5 weeks are going to be SO productive for me here.

39. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: Preach, sister.

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: I've only gone once, but only because I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to put out fires. I'm pretty sure my boss is looking for ways to nitpick me because she's upset about something else.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee