Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Apparently four years ago today was my baby shower for my oldest. It is crazy to see the comparison.

2. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Amorini: Yup. @delight recommended them and they have definitely been helping. I'm spending a small fortune on Epsom salts but I seem to have leg cramps (caused by excess fluid in my legs according to the massage therapist I saw) and an increase in swelling when I skip.

3. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@Shantuck: Do you have a special kind that you use? I just realized I finished my generic brand Epsom salt and need to get more. I do some fancy have mustard salt from Whole Foods for soaking but I've been avoiding it because I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Adorabe bumps @above (sorry on my phone and can't tag!)

4. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Amorini: I've just been using generic brands from Target or my local drugstore. All of the bags say to use two cups per bath, which seems like so much.

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@whiskers: I'm SO glad you weighed in, because I've really enjoyed hearing everyone's different stories. Birth is so different for everyone! I'm feeling pretty calm about it all right now, though I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck when the time comes.

@cnidaria: That's actually what my rib pain feels like. Almost as though it's bruised and I just can't see it. Ouch! My baby is low but the pains are still there. I blame squashed organs.

@Amorini: So lucky, I would kill to have a bath! If I get to 37 weeks, that's the first thing I'll be doing. I haven't been able to soak for 9 weeks now and I am usually a massive bath person!

@MrsRcCar: But your smile is exactly the same!

36 today!!!!!!!!

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I worked an event tonight taking money/tickets (annual conference my organization puts on). Here's a selection of the comments from the gate:

"We have a doctor here in case you go into labor!" (Not terrible)

"Are you having twins?" "No" "Triplets?!" "Just one."

"Don't have that baby out here tonight."

"Oh my God, your coworker is pregnant!" "She's pregnant?!" (Overheard from the car behind me, I had my back to them and then turned to the side)

And lots of comments about how long I had. My coworker was so surprised about the amount of comments I got.

My favorite was when I was told to have the baby at home and not out in the field like those people who want to be one with nature. I assured her that I had no intention of doing that.

There were several perfectly lovely people who were happy/excited for me and said nothing but wonderful things to me, but the mean and thoughtless comments are the ones that stick, unfortunately.

38 weeks today! I'm pretty sure that I will not go into labor despite it being a harvest moon AND I was on my feet for three hours.

7. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Shantuck: ooooh I'm glad the Epsom salts are working. They help me so much with my cramping and also with my terrible hemmoroids I've spent a small fortune on the salts too.

8. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Just think... only a few weeks (MAX!) of those comments, before everyone can start the comments about baby!

@delight: Ouch, you poor thing!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: I'm so excited about that! I just... I forgot how people lose their filter around pregnant women. At least no one is touching me.

I'm so excited to see what this baby looks like! I wonder if she looks just like H (a clone of her daddy) or if she will favor me. Will she have curly hair like H does? Will she be tiny or tall? I just can't wait to find out.

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: I hear you! This baby has been so similar to Georgia in a lot of ways - and even the scan pictures I've had remind me of her, so I can't imagine her looking different - it's going to be such an awesome surprise!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Checking in!!! I've been reading but so hard to catch up!!

I can't believe we are weeks/days away so crazy!
    Thinking of all and many prayers for healthy babies and healthy deliveries!

12. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Ugh, I feel for you. I would not want to work an event right now. Hopefully that's the last one for you. As for inappropriate comments of another sort, my boss referred to my (too-short, but, granted paid) maternity leave as "vacation." He's an older man of another era so I try to usually not bother about his other dismissive motherhood comments, but this time I did not mince my words, "oh no, boss man, this is not a vacation!" Grrrrrrrrr!

I just made 12 padsicles!!!!! And my hospital bag is about halfway there. Tomorrow....car seat. We tried to get the curtains up in the baby room today but no luck. We are getting sent a new rod and it will arrive Thursday! We'll see if it arrives and gets up in time. Truthfully, that is the least of my worries, but it would be nice to feel like we have a few less loose ends. DH doesn't seem to be bothered. Please tell me that's typical FTD stuff!

13. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Amorini: I'm pretty sure I dreamed last night that you announced you had a girl and you named her Violet.

I'm obviously ready for these babies to start coming

14. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

I'm surprised there aren't babies yet!
    I'm only 35 weeks but ugh still too much to do to get the house organized. I was having contractions last week but I think I had just gotten over tired.
    Best wishes to everyone!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Maysprout: Me too! I figured for sure we would have at least one. I'm straddling the Sept./Oct. groups and I think all but 2-3 of the active September moms have had their babies. There are two of us who are 38 weeks and we are still hanging in there. I've also been having periods of contractions but nothing yet so far, other than a wicked nesting kick. I'm on load 3 of 6 for laundry today.

16. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@avivoca: I think you're going to be first, and you will open the floodgates of October babies!

17. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@Maysprout: @avivoca: Unless Jamie goes in the next 6 days, I think I'll probably be the first. C-section is scheduled for the 26th now.

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Anyone had any light spotting? Only when wiping this morning and no other symptoms really...

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Me, esp. after my last cervical check. What color? Is it brown or bright?

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Small amounts of fairly bright pink - but only when wiping. I've put a pad on just in case but everything else seems normal. Baby moving nicely. No sex here in months and last dildo cam was Thursday.

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Keep an eye on it. Maybe it means baby girl is on her way!

22. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: After all my cervix has gone through, could just be irritation. It's 7am here and I DID get up constantly to pee during the night!

23. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TFrances: So exciting! NEXT WEEK!

@avivoca: I don't think you'll have very long to wait, lady. Squee!

Two more days and that's when I went into labour with Georgia (36+4) - I wonder if we will bypass that!

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Hopefully not! My midwife told me last week not to stray too far from the hospital since I am already dilating. My friend at church texted me to check in (church is an hour away, so too far from the hospital). I'm anxious to see if I made any progress on Tuesday.

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: Yes, my coworker's (even the younger ones) keep saying they hope I will enjoy my "vacation" and that I won't be swamped like they will be (our grand opening is next month). Whatevs.

26. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

Hi Strangers!!! It's been a LONG time since I popped on to this board but wanted to check back in to read the last few weeks of posts and see how everyone was doing. Life unfortunately got in the way for a long time and caused us to be a lot busier than expected for a while. Some travel, Husband had an emergency appendectomy on his bday that had him on a different light duty work schedule for a while, buying a house, renovations, you name it. I haven't forgotten about you all and glad to see that all seems well based on the last few pages I caught up on tonight.
    Had an appointment last week at 35 weeks. Baby is measuring at about 5lbs 2oz so not tooo big, but not super small either. everything the perinatologist showed us said she was right about the 50% mark. OB did the first internal exam and was surprised that my cervix had softened, baby's head was "wayyyy down" and I'd started to dilate. She said she'd see me next week but wouldn't be surprised if I had the baby not long after that. Next appointment is Thursday so we'll see. Lots of braxton hicks but with no consistency and haven't slept in about 4 months. Guess I'll be good and ready for sleepless nights when baby arrives.
    As for name - we picked one, finally, last week. We agree on the name and the spelling of it...HOWEVER we can't seem to agree on how to pronounce it! my husband wants to say it one way and I another and we can't agree. Really frustrated!!!

Again, I'm sad that I've been gone from the page for so long, but glad all is well with everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up a bit more as we all get closer to having these sweet babies! Can't wait to see all the pics!!

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@waiting4you: Welcome back! I hope things settle down somewhat!

Nesting is in full force. Yesterday, we cleaned the whole house for H's party. Today, I did five loads of laundry and had my husband rearrange the living room so we could fit my new glider. Pic below, apologies for my terrible couch and awful carpet. We are redoing the floors next year and I still can't decide on a couch. It's so hard to pick something knowing I will be looking at it and sitting on it for the next 8+ years.

28. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Can't wait to find out more on Tuesday for you.

@waiting4you: So good to hear from you! Are you sharing the name? I'm so bad with name pronunciations. Exciting stuff for you though!

Well, the mystery spotting vanished. Lots of pressure and wiggles but must have just been a rogue cervix thing,

Had a mobile hair dresser come out and do my hair today and I FINALLY feel human... so that's good!

29. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@Amorini: I'm hopeful it was just baby's position, the really sore spot seems to have resolved itself for now and it's back to my standard rib pain. Also, epsom salt baths sound like an awesome idea and this is now my plan for my evening tonight, lol.

@jaguar: Yeah, sounds like the same pain I've been having, too. Bruised feeling, almost like a mild sunburn at times, too. I blame my shortness! I just keep telling myself that at least it isn't anything worse & should resolve itself as soon as I have my abdomen to myself again!

We spent almost all weekend running around shopping for stuff for the hospital bag (eek) and other random bits and pieces for baby. Also, splurged on a new camera, so now we're extra excited for baby pictures! Our dog got to be our model yesterday as we started learning how to use it.

It feels crazy to be at the point of weekly appointments now!

30. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: I had light spotting a couple weeks ago on a Saturday evening. It was old blood but I called my doc. She thought I just pushed it too hard that day and told me to put my feet up and relax for the rest of the night. I'd been carrying lots of heavy boxes trying to clear out junk from the nursery in order to get it ready while DH had DS out of the house so I could be productive (and I wasn't about to wait around for DH to lift all those boxes). I was told it wasn't worrisome unless it persisted, which it didn't. Hope your spotting is as equally uneventful.

31. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

PSA: I just got the donut pillow I ordered in the mail this weekend for the postpartum recovery period. For those of you not having a c-section, I highly recommend. It was the best $14 I spent last time around. You can thank me later.

32. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I had my ultrasound and appointment this morning and baby is head down! It is measuring on the smaller side in the 15th%ile (I think she said around 5.5 lbs?), but nothing to be concerned about. (Especially given how tiny dd is.) She recommended another us in 2 or 3 weeks to check growth if u haven't had the baby yet. Both overall everything looks good! Definitely nice to have one less thing to worry about!

33. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Last regular appointment this morning. Almost 39 weeks. Everything looks good. I saw a different midwife this morning who was awesome and asked all the right questions. Still in lots of pain from my scar tissue, but that's nothing new. I'm also having more and more trouble sleeping, but that's also normal. My c-section is officially scheduled for next Monday morning. Seven more days until we get to meet our little guy!

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: Hooray! It's so exciting to know that you'll meet you son soon!

@Miss Ariel: I'm glad baby is head down!

As for me, the A/C was out today at work (and has been off since Friday evening), so I worked from home this afternoon once my office got up to 83F. It was so hot that I was getting sick. I'm still hanging in there at 38+2, having contractions but nothing timeable. Baby girl is very active and I'm super hungry right now. My official last day of work before leave is next Friday unless I have the baby beforehand. She has definitely dropped even more because my stomach is literally pointing downward. Also, they interviewed my replacement and are extending an offer tomorrow! Whew! I'm so glad that is off of our plates.

35. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

Had my first cervical check today. I'm maaaaybe 1cm, which I know means nothing, it's just crazy to be at the point of cervical checks and talking about natural ways to induce labor!

36. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@avivoca: Such a relief to have the work stuff figured out, I know. I am cleaning up some loose ends myself this week...will feel much better once that's done. Hope you can continue to WFH with that awful office heat!

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TapDancer: The A/C is actually fixed now, so it's a manageable 75F in here.

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I had my 38 week appointment. No change from last week, other than a wicked contraction while the midwife was checking baby's heartrate. I'm in this for the long haul and I've accepted that.

On the plus side, now that baby has dropped, my back pain is not nearly as bad as it has been.

Also, I yelled at a guy at the gas station who asked me if I was having twins. I feel kind of bad about it, but after hearing the same thing from multiple people for the last 20 weeks, I snapped.

39. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: ehh, now he hopefully knows to never say that to anyone again. Sorry that your contractions are doing nothing.

@Kitkat: 1 cm is better than completely closed! Your body is getting ready.

40. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I'm ready to see some babies, ladies. Not mine, yet, but I keep thinking today is the day someone will make an announcement.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee