Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@Alexandra603: I have this exact same pain plus pulling of my scar tissue. I literally feel your pain. Here's hoping we can make it through...

2. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

@TFrances: awful right? Like someone punched me in the crotch ha! So annoying not being able to do basic things sometimes. I ordered a pregnancy support belt that is coming tomorrow and I'm hoping that helps a little.

Oh and my heartburn has come back with a vengeance. Okay, I'll stop complaining now in good news the baby's room actually looks like a baby room and not a storage room now.

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Hello insomnia. We meet again. *yawns*

4. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@avivoca: haha- I have been up for a few hours, too! Was half sleepily thinking "at least when I get up to pee every 30 minutes, I know I'm not alone." But then I was wide awake and just feeling uncomfortable, so now am up and praying that dtr will not sense me up and join!

Have been getting more anxious about this birth in a new hospital. I need to chill out and re-read my Ina May, and pray.

5. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Alexandra603: Hope the support belt helps!

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Oh the insomnia. I got desperate after a week of no sleeps and asked my OB, and he recommended a light antihistamine (preggo safe) that is also used to combat insomnia - I literally took 1/4 of a tablet and bam. Sleep!!! Still up for peeing of course, but straight back to bed afterwards.

7. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Alexandra603: I've had that horrible pain since ~22 weeks (diagnosed officially with SPD- symphysis pubic dysfunction)...I feel you! It is relentless and feels like my pelvic bone is being split apart. Rolling over in bed is the. absolute. worst. Seeing a chiropractor has helped a bit, but nothing really takes the edge off. Yesterday I commented (in a fit of pain/frustration) that I might be more excited for this awful symptom to go away than I am to meet the baby! Hang in there. Let us know if the belt helps!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I am sorry for those dealing with heart burn, insomnia, and pelvic pain

My hips are definitely sore and well I am just uncomfortable!

My anxiety is kicking in .....just worried about all the little things...I just try to breath and relax..lol yeah right!

I seriously still can't believe we are soo close!!!!!!!!!

9. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

I've been a bit quiet on the board lately, but have been following along as best as I can. The quietness is mostly due to a crazy busy schedule these last few weeks since we've checked off a ton of "almost time for baby" milestones! We had a few showers (from work and family) including one in our backyard over Labor Day weekend (was SO fun, but absolutely exhausting for me). Now I'm starting to sort through and clean the gear and goodies we received. This week we also took a six-hour (!!) childbirth class. I was a little wary and wondering if it would be worthwhile...but it totally was! Just the right amount of information and DH and I are feeling more prepared (as prepared as you can be, I guess!). Next to-dos are installing the car seat, packing a hospital bag and preparing some postpartum items.

Can't believe it's the final stretch and we're almost to mid-September.

Hang in there, ladies!

10. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

Also, funny story - had an irrational yet still frustrating pregnant lady moment today when I argued back and forth over text with my MIL about how far along I am. Basically she was saying I was only ~7 months pregnant and wouldn't back down - even as I explained how you're usually pregnant for ~40 weeks, which is really ten months, etc. etc. Silly, but it made me mad! Don't tell me I'm less pregnant than I really am and take hard-earned weeks away from an irritable pregnant lady, please.

11. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@TapDancer: Glad to hear childbirth class is worthwhile. We have ours, also six hours, next Sunday. Also, my DH and I argue daily over how many months pregnant I am. He also insists that the 2WW shouldn't count. Drives me insane

I just had a checkup and my OB said at my next appt in two weeks, we will do the 37w growth scan and he will strip my membranes if I want him to!!! OMG. This was my first kind of like "this is happening really soon" moment.

I'm having horrible pelvic pain, too. I can barely raise my right leg at all without yelping. I'm telling myself it's a good thing because it means baby's head is nestling in down there...

We're getting there, team! There are already a handful of October babies on another board that shall remain nameless....

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

How exciting!

Well, I am 35 weeks today and can't believe it. The OB is so impressed that the cervix has stuck to its guns, because it's let baby girl grow that much bigger - and grow she has. They estimated her weight at 2.8-2.9kg already! GIANT BABY!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TapDancer: I am quiet too, and wish I could find more time! I love these boards!!!!!
    I would flip on my MIL if she said all that, umm what is her point anyway...lol

@thepicklemonster: Is it common practice to strip membranes with your OB?!
    I know mine isn't really even into cervical checks unless I am 38 weeks and ask for it? Which I am not as I remember with DD it hurt like heck111

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: So glad to see you are doing well! She is a strong little lady!

15. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: so amazing!!

16. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

Hey, sorry to hear about the pain and uncomfortableness... Hoping these things go (or chill out for a bit) so you can sleep and relax and feel good before the big day!

I've been working hard (and having some intense work happenings if you've seen my other posts!). Maybe it's all a blessing in disguise because I have just been cracking the whip on all of the things that need to happen between work and home before this baby comes and haven't been feel horribly. Or I haven't had time to think about it anyway! My biggest complaint is that my arms are falling asleep in the middle of the night. Just annoying...

37w tomorrow. They won't stop labor now! I go through some days of having more BHs than others but no real contractions. Last pre-natal doula visit is tomorrow and hospital tour on Sunday!

17. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: She is a big girl for 35w! Glad she is still on the inside!

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: @TapDancer: @Amorini: Super big girl! Apparently we make big babies.

19. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

Thanks for all the support, ladies! Pelvis pain has felt slightly better the last few days - still painful but I'm able to function. For those with insomnia, I've taken Unisom before (I usually get insomnia in my first trimester) and it was really effective and is safe for pregnancy. Might be worth a try.

Tomorrow I am going on a 7 hour car ride for a friend's wedding and back the next day. Just what you want to do at 36 weeks pregnant and with a toddler in tow

20. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Popping in to wish you ladies well as you head into your last month of pregnancy. I hope you all have smooth deliveries and healthy babies❤

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Alexandra603: Good luck with the big drive!

@winniebee: *big hugs* I miss your face. Think of you often, but happy to be able to stalk your gorgeous fam on IG. xx

35+2... and now I am starting to panic about actually BIRTHING a big baby!

22. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@winniebee:

23. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I worked all weekend and slept like crap the last 3 nights so I'm basically a zombie this morning. Uggghhh.

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@winniebee: So much love to you right now. Thanks for checking in.

@whiskers: Ugh, I'm so sorry. I hope you can catch a nap later!

I took a nap at 11:30 in the morning on Saturday. I thought I was going into labor. However, I'm still pregnant and irritated with a headache. BUT, we are healthy and I am trying to concentrate on all the positives today, like my health, the fact that it's not a billion degrees outside, and that I'm near term, so I will only be pregnant for a max of five more weeks.

25. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@winniebee: Miss you, mama. Hope you're hanging in there.

26. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: Blah! Hope you feel better soon! I haven't been sleeping either and it's KILLING ME. I feel your pain.

@avivoca: I know I'll feel the same in a few weeks, but right now the thought of only being pregnant for 5 more weeks sends me into a tizzy. I have SO MUCH TO DO before this kiddo gets here! Feel better soon, lady! And take good care of yourself.

27. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

What do you all plan to wear during labor? The standard hospital gown or something else? It never really occurred to me to wear something (definitely disposable!) other than the gown, but the hospital mentioned it during our tour last week.

I have a cheap robe to change into during recovery and I know I'll be more comfy in that with visitors, etc.

28. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TapDancer: Last time, I wore the hospital gown the entire time. I didn't want to get anything of mine messy. There's lots of liquid, poop, amniotic fluid, blood, etc. that gets on you in labor/delivery. So I didn't want to deal with laundering/burning my own clothes. I also wore the hospital gown during my recovery stay. I didn't change until I was ready to go home.

Yep. I crapped myself during labor. Twice. Not ashamed.

29. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TapDancer: I wear the hospital gown during L&D. With DD1 I wore it for the majority of recovery time as well, but it was really kind of annoying to nurse in. With DD2 I took a shower as soon as I could (IVs out) and changed into my own clothes at that point. I wore a nursing tank, yoga pants and a robe for that recovery.

30. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: thanks for checking in on ius. Sending you lots of love!

31. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@avivoca: Haha, I wouldn't be ashamed either! Seems like it happens to most women and if you think you didn't you probably just weren't told about it I agree and think I'm leaning towards wearing the gown for L & D - seems like one less thing to worry about/burn, LOL.

32. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I had my 35 week vist today and my doctor thinks I might be breech. she scheduled me for an us next week so hopefully I'm not or the baby turns. On a slightly positive note, I'm not sure if any of my us photos survived so at least I know I'll have one set.

33. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@winniebee: Thanks for the well wishes. We miss you around here and hope you are doing ok.

34. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@TapDancer: Take this with a grain of salt, because I showed up at the hospital 10CM dilated without realizing it...but by that point, I waddled into the room and ripped ALL of my clothes off. I couldn't handle them at all. Ha! At home, I labored in an old t-shirt of DH's and some crappy yoga pants. This time, I'll likely bring some more old clothes to the hospital.

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Miss Ariel: Oh, I hope baby isn't breech, but at least you will get some pictures! Make sure you remind the tech about that, tell them you lost yours in the flood and you would really appreciate it if they could make sure to capture a good amount for you. I also hate that you lost yours in the flood.

36. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@mfa_lady: haha, that's definitely an option, too!

37. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TapDancer: Oh hospital gown all the way. I don't want to have to burn anything after delivery. I was a sweaty, bloody MESS afterwards.

And then regular clothes after my shower.

38. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@jaguar: Hooray! So happy for you!
    @TapDancer: Haha, I totally know how you feel - I feel like I earned every week! Yet, I seem to only tell people I'm 9 months pregnant when I want to freak them out a little! (I usually say I have 1 month to go)

AFM: nausea this AM?? WTF?!?!?!?!

39. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@BUNBUN: yup, I've had a few bouts recently.

40. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I'm going to start the labor watch thread now that some of us are term.

Sept 30 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 1 - TFrances (#4)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - ThePickleMonster (#1)
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)