Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@avivoca: Creeping from the September board. You need to frame that immediately. It's so beautiful.

2. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mrsjd: Oh, I plan on it! It's so sweet, she is just so excited about her sister!

3. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@avivoca: That is so special and bodes well for a good transition when A comes!

4. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@avivoca: This is wonderful! I hope you do get a cooler weekend. I miss walks too

5. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@whiskers: Thank you!

6. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@avivoca: Such a great pic. Arthur's been coming up to me and patting my belly. When I ask why, he responds "boops to kinkin (his name for baby Quentin)." Giving "boops" is part of his love language right now. Kisses are icky apparently.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: That is so sweet!

8. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

I had my appointment today instead of tomorrow. The doctor was pretty pleased with everything. Baby O was head down at this appointment according to my doctor. My tummy measured at 30 weeks and I am 31 weeks, so it measured well. He sounded wonderful on the Doppler with a heart beat of 145. We are hoping he will continue to bake until just after 37 weeks.

What do you all still need to get done?
    I need to:
    prep cloth diapers
    purchase newborn diapers,
    wash newborn clothes,
    install his car seat,
    register at the hospital,
    pack a hospital bag.

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsRcCar: I guess I should strip/wash my diapers. They are smelling a bit funky even though I stripped them prior to storing them.

Still need to:
    - Fill out birth plan
    - Buy NB diapers
    - Install car seat base
    - Pre-register at hospital if I can
    - Start packing hospital bag and keep it in the car
    - Any other incidentals that come up

10. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@avivoca: That pic melts my heart! I've been trying to get a cute shot of my dog snuggling my belly but he is not too interested lol

11. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@avivoca: so sweet!

It's comforting to see my "still need tos" are similar to everyone elses. I need to:

-Buy diapers and wipes
    -Wash everything
    -Install car seat
    -Pack hospital bag
    -Take childbirth and breastfeeding class (next week)
    -Purchase post-partum essentials
    -Purchase nursing bra(s)
    -Figure out final paperwork that will be needed for insurance, etc. once the baby arrives

12. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I'm working on a bunch of baby stuff today - although my kids are being insanely high maintenance. I'm almost done with my second load of washing all the clothes/blankets/towels/etc. I think I've burnt out my nesting instinct for now and will have to wait for another day to sterilize bottles.

13. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

We (finally) ordered our nursery furniture today!!! That was the major thing left on my to-do list, but we still need:

-changing pad
    -monitor
    -diaper pail
    -decorate the nursery
    -make freezer meals
    -wash everything
    -install car seat
    -buy nursing bras/tanks

We leave for our babymoon this weekend, then it's crunch time!

14. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: The sweetest pic!

Somehow we are still hanging on at almost 34 weeks. Baby girl is averaging at 2.4kg (just over 5lbs) so growth is great, cervix has dilated to 2cm now, but membranes are still intact. We might just get to Georgia's gestation (36+) after all!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Woohoo! Way to grow baby girl! How are you feeling? I know you must be tired of laying down all the time, but I am so glad that little bit is hanging in there!

16. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: So amazing & lucky!

My back is killing me though, as she's facing up and spine to spine - but I am sooooo happy.

17. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@jaguar: I am so glad your little lady is still hanging out! Hope she keeps baking!

18. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Awesome! At what point will they take you off of bed rest?

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: ooh, hopefully she turns around soon! Can you do cat-cows at all, or do you have to stay horizontal?

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Not yet! He wants me to get to 36 & then we can talk.

@whiskers: Two more weeks! Only because the cervical funnel has shortened a little more too on top of the dilation, so just a little longer would help baby out.

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Also... Nearly 34 week comparison shot of my girls.

Both smushed from being low, low down.

22. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: love the smooshy faces! great update

23. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Yeah, I'm trying not to think about a to-do list, although I guess at this point the only thing really on it would be to move out of my in-laws house to somewhere more permanent. Then I could finally get organized and take stock of what of our possessions actually survived and what needs to be replaced. Hopefully that happens before the baby gets here!

24. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Miss Ariel: I'm so sorry you are dealing with this at this point in your pregnancy. I'm not even sure what happens with a flooded house, let alone a city of them. I'm really glad this current storm isn't headed your way.

25. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@whiskers: it's crazy! Driving home you just drive by house after house, business after business with all huge piles of trash in front. Trash that was once all of someone's personal belongings. Dh and I drove to our house yesterday and I told him our neighborhood looked like a really ghetto trashy neighborhood no one would want to live in. And it isn't just in one place but pretty much every nearby city has flooded areas. The company I work for has 200 employees of which around 50 had flooding of some sort in their house or car. It really is unreal how widespread it is.

26. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

I feel very behind!
    -unpack gear & assemble furniture
    -paint nursery
    -set-up nursery
    -set up pack-n-play in our bedroom
    -get sheets for pack-n-play
    -Install car seat & get inspected (appointment for 9/17)
    -figure out how the stroller, pack-n-play and swing work
    -Pack hospital bag
    -Purchase some diapers (waiting until next sono for size estimate)
    -Purchase postpartum essentials
    -wash breast pump (it arrived!) parts to be ready to take to hospital (on advice from breastfeeding class teacher)
    -Call pediatrician that I've chosen and ask some questions about first appointment, etc.
    -Get insurance and short-term disability paperwork in order and figure out who to call and when
    -meet with boss to discuss passing off projects during maternity leave (9/12)
    -call some newborn photographers that have been recommended to me and find out how much it would cost
    -bottles?

So, on bottles. I plan on breastfeeding, but best-laid-plans being what they are, I wonder if I should have a few bottles on hand just in case? I'd like to try glass bottles and I know that all babies seem to have their preferences in terms of brands, but I'm not sure if I should order one of those "variety packages" to try a whole bunch, or if I should just start with one or two Dr. Brown's (BF class/hospital recommended) and go from there. I know they are harder to clean. What would you recommend a new mom have on hand with respect to bottles?

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BUNBUN: I was lucky and got a bunch of random bottles from a coworker to try. My baby liked Playtex Nursers, so I passed the rest of them on to another friend who needed bottles. I did try the glass Gerber bottles, but she didn't like the nipples. I donated them as well. Are you going to SAH? If you are going to work and pump, you'll need bottles.

28. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@avivoca: That's awesome that your friend could give you some to try! I'll be returning to work, so I know I will need bottles eventually. I'm just wondering if I should have some for when I first get home from the hospital.

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BUNBUN: You might as well. I always like to be prepared, because if BF for some reason doesn't work out, I'd hate to have to go out with a fresh new one and buy ALL THE BOTTLES. Check with your daycare and see if they accept glass bottles too. Also, if you buy them ahead of time, you can spread the cost out a bit because bottles are expensive.

ETA: With diapers, you will almost definitely need a box of NB diapers. Just leave them unopened and you can return for a bigger size if your baby is larger. You could also go ahead and get some size 1 diapers, but H was 7 lbs. 10.5 oz. and wore NB for close to a month.

30. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@avivoca: Thanks!!

31. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@BUNBUN: I personally love comotomo bottles. The wide neck makes them so easy to clean. I only use the 5 oz (I just refill if they need more). Also, I offer the bottle early (like day 5) because I want them to take the bottle and not get too attached to the boob. We've never had an issue of nipple confusion.

32. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Miss Ariel:

33. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@BUNBUN: I registered for/received a dr Browns starter set. I would have loved to use glass bottles but our daycare wouldn't take them. I did wind up buying 1 or 2 more 4 oz bottles and 3 or 4 more 8 oz bottles later on, but going into it I had no idea what I'd need. Also I know people complain about washing those bottles but it was never a big deal to me.

34. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Long and full of language warning: What a clusterfuck of an appointment this morning. My due date is Oct. 5th and the midwife had said the c-section would be scheduled for around the 1st. Gotcha. So I see an OB this morning for my pre-op and she's a bit abrasive. Apparently my due date in the computer is Oct. 1st and why did I not know that? Um... because I was told the 5th previously. And why am I at my pre-op if the surgery hasn't been scheduled yet? Um they told me the scheduling would be done during the pre-op. And why does my medical record say I've had three c-sections when I've only had two so far? I don't fucking know. I clearly wrote 2 c-sections and 1 D&C on my paperwork. Plus, I don't see the same record you do lady. Ugh! And why didn't I do my strep b swab this morning? Um because I thought I was 35 weeks and the paper says to do it for your 36 week appointment. So now it looks like this baby will be evicted on Sept. 25th instead of Oct. 1st. And none of mine or DH's family will be here at all so I have to beg some friend to take the toddler. Glad this morning is over, but holy hell I am so not prepared for Sept. 25th...

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: Are you sure they weren't looking at the wrong record? That's nuts. I'm sorry the OB was a B about all of it.

36. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TFrances: do you have any kind of patient portal where you can look up your info? I'd certainly want to double check that if they seem to have everything wrong. It's kind of late in the game to be addressing this discrepancies on their part. I'd be pissed.

37. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@avivoca: @whiskers: After she mentioned the weird differences, I did question if it was my record. It is. Apparently the previous nurse who did my intake initially had the wrong info about the c-sections. The due date thing was just them not informing me that it had changed. Seriously guys! We have a patient portal but that type of info is not on there. Oh well. Just wasn't anticipating such a drastic change from my original plan today.

38. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@BUNBUN: We liked the Born Free bottles - mostly because they don't leak in transport and don't have too many small pieces to wash. We used the plastic but they do have a glass option, which my sister has (though her baby is 2 weeks old so I'm not sure she's really tested them much).

I think everybody needs bottles even if they plan on breastfeeding because it's impossible to not miss a feeding along the way when babies are eating every 2-3 hours for a year (while pumping isn't fun, at least the breastpump buys you freedom).

I don't even know what is on my list of to-do's at this point. My husband is bringing DS out of the house for most of the day on Saturday so I can survey the situation! Oy! Taking comfort that I have diapers and wipes and clothing (even if it is for the wrong gender) if all hell breaks loose and I get nothing else done before the baby arrives!

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: I understand the frustration. They still have my due date down as Oct. 5 even though my dates clearly say Sept. 30 and my anatomy scan had me measuring for Sept. 30. It's just that one viability ultrasound in the ER at 7 weeks that had me down for 10/5. If I had to have a c-sect though, they were totally cool with me waiting to go into labor before coming in for one.

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TFrances: Man stressful I'm sorry!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee