Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@jaguar: GREAT NEWS! I'm so happy for you

2. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

The last few days I've had a terrible metallic taste in my mouth. It's not so bad in the morning, but it gets worse as I drink more water. I can't seem to figure out how to make it less obnoxious, other than eating all the time, and I'm kinda running out of room. Also, I thought that was just a 1st trimester thing? This is the first time I'm experiencing it. Any suggestions?

3. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@BUNBUN: How annoying. No experience, just hope it doesn't last long for you.

4. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@BUNBUN: Would mints or hard candies help at all?

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BUNBUN: I also don't have any suggestions. Would flavoring your water help at all? I find that lemon in my water helps me choke it down more when I'm just not feeling it (usually after I've had 60 oz. in the day).

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@BUNBUN: Sounds yuck. What about some gum?

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I had a legit contraction today. Burning pain in my back that wrapped around the sides. I started drinking water like it was my job and moved to a cooler place (my office has been pushing 80F for the past week). It's getting real. Stay put baby girl for at least 2.5 more weeks!

8. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

Are you guys able to walk a good amount? I did a 3 mile walk today and was really hurting the last mile or so and have been feeling it all day. It's my pelvis - it really hurts and makes it hard to walk. It also hurts when I separate my legs - rolling over in bed, putting on pants, etc. I'm 34 weeks this weekend. My lower back also hurts - ahhh - I don't remember being this uncomfortable this "early" last time.

9. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Alexandra603: I would certainly take it easy if I were you and talk to your doctor about possible ways to ease the pain. I had a lot more pains with my second pregnancy, but I don't remember when they started as the last month seemed to last forever. Not there yet this pregnancy either.

10. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Glad it was just one!

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Alexandra603: I'm usually good for about a mile, but with it being hot outside and also hot inside, I have slacked off. I did two miles on Saturday and was toast for the rest of the day.

12. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@whiskers: @Shantuck: @avivoca: Thanks, ladies! I will try all of that
    @avivoca: yikes, that sounds scary.
    @Alexandra603: I don't think I can go that far anymore, even though I could 3 weeks ago! I took a 1 mile walk with DH on Monday, and it was about all I could handle. I was definitely getting pelvic pain by the end. My lower back/tailbone also hurts ALL THE TIME, and walking helps, so I try to take short walks around the office, short but often.

13. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@Alexandra603: Thought it was just me! Yesterday morning on 3 mile walk I thought my hips would pop out because they hurt so much. It's either lower back or hips for me. I never got this uncomfortable last pregnancy- big babe came at 37.5 weeks, and I'm 33 weeks right now.

Other recent excitement includes getting stuck on our low couch and goofy dance to pull on shorts. Grew out of all my t shirts and almost cried tears of joy when I found one that fit yesterday at Marshalls!

14. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Alexandra603: I have no prior pregnancy to compare it too, but I am shocked at how uncomfortable I am and how hard it is to walk. I used to walk at least an hour a day with no problem. Now, suddenly, a 30-min walk leaves me out of breath and I have horrible pelvic pain the entire time. Sucks!

15. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

All of the sudden, my hands (and feet, to some extent) are super swollen today. I had to take off my usually too-big ring, which I expected would happen at some point, but I also just had to take off my watch, which usually moves freely around my wrist. I even went to CVS and took my BP, because this is weird. 131/84 isn't high, but it's higher than normal for me (at my last OB appointment, it was 112/66). Drinking lots of water, elevating my feet and paying close attention to any other symptoms that might crop up. Hive mind: is there anything else I should do?

16. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@BUNBUN: My hands swell easily when I'm not pregnant and even more so when I am. Usually related to the heat, but it also happens randomly. It usually just goes down after a bit. I would just keep an eye on it and if it continues or gets worse let your doctor know and give them your bp measurement. They may want to check your urine for protein or something to help rule out preeclampsia.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BUNBUN: It usually happens to me when I get very hot, but keep an eye on it, drink lots of cool water, and let your doctor know if it gets worse.

18. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@BUNBUN: just popping over from September to say I had that awful taste in my mouth late in my first pregnancy too. I was told its just a weird presentation of heart burn. You can try tums or those ginger chews to see if it helps. And my LO had a full head of hair. I think that's one old wives tale that they think is actually true. My second I didn't have it and he only had a little hair.
    And hope the swelling goes down. Take it easy!

19. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@skipra: Thank you! That kind of makes sense, I've been on nexium for months now and the latest sonogram confirmed lots of hair!

@whiskers: @avivoca: Thanks, ladies!

20. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@Alexandra603: This is my first, so no comparisons... but have definitely been noticing that anything exercise related is getting more and more difficult. I usually walk to work from the train station and back and it's only about a half hour walk, but it used to be easy and now I find myself out of breath and have to walk slower than I used to. It's frustrating to feel like I'm getting more and more out of shape even though I keep doing the same amount of exercise!

21. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@BUNBUN: I've been swelling off and on for the past month+ and this happened from 32 weeks on with my first (extreme cankles!). I went in for a prenatal massage several weeks ago and the massage therapist said she could try to move the fluid from my legs but that it would likely end up back there. However, after that massage, the swelling went away for a couple weeks. I swelled up again yesterday so I think it's time for another prenatal massage to see if it does anything this time to help. I'll report back!

22. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@BUNBUN: Also, I know from my last pregnancy that swimming / walking in the swimming pool gets rids of swelling. I signed up for a prenatal water aerobics class last time around that I didn't particularly care for just to get pool access. I highly recommend finding a pool if the swelling gets uncomfortable and it will give you at least short term relief.

23. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@Shantuck: Massage is definitely a remedy I could get on board with! Good luck and please let me know if it works for you

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BUNBUN: Alternately, you could try taking a cool bath at home if you can't get to the pool. It will at least take the edge off of the heat.

25. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

Thanks ladies! It helps to know I am not the only one having a hard time with "easy" exercise. I am thinking of trying one of those pregnancy support belts to see if it helps with the pain/discomfort. Has anyone tried one?

26. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Alexandra603: I have the MomBod FitSplint from my first pregnancy when I was an avid runner (http://www.mombodfitness.com/store/p3/Maternity_FITsplint%E2%84%A2.html). I actually used it yesterday for a slow jog and it still works well. It's not super cheap, though.

27. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Gosh, I would LOVE to do some exercise. I feel so lazy.

28. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar:

Ive had a pretty big increase in feet / ankle swelling for about two weeks (I'm 34w5d now). I also don't wear my normally loose rings (except I forced it on our anniversary just out of principal! ). My blood pressure is the still good and the same as usual. I'm monitored weekly and no one is worried about the swelling. My OB keeps recommending the pool and I'd love that but have zero time! Like none! I'm hoping work simmers down in the next few weeks because really...it has to.

About exercise, I think it's hard to evaluate how tired I am from it just because of the overwhelming heat and humidity! What I do notice is that when I'm on my feet for any length of time, it feels like I have nails driven through my heels! They ache so bad!!

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I broke down and had my husband blow up the birth ball tonight. My butt bone is so sore and sitting on the ball is like getting a pelvic massage. I've also given up wearing anything that goes below my belly because it is just too uncomfortable with A being as low as she is (underwear excluded).

34w5d!

30. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

I just need to have a moment for a totally unreasonable and overreacting type of hormonal pregnancy vent. We've been crazy busy the last few weeks: I had a last minute business trip overseas a couple of weeks ago - it was a lot of fun, but also tons of work to prepare for since I had only a week's notice. My weekend before the trip was packed with trying to set up my laptop for working remotely, a wedding, then getting to our flight on Sunday. We were gone for a week and a half, then DH had knee surgery the day after we got back. I'm really happy he was able to get the surgery so quickly, but at the same time, again, it's been a lot of work since he's pretty much out of commission for the moment. Spent basically all of the next weekend at our pre-natal course. DH couldn't make it, but I'd had to book it ages in advance, so didn't want to miss it. His parents came over to hang out with him both days. They were also over the evening he'd had surgery and have been calling non-stop. I've barely had a chance to do the laundry since getting home last week and I was so, so looking forward to having a weekend where we had NOTHING on our calendar, just the two of us, finally able to relax.... except now his parents want to "stop by" on Sunday.... meaning that I will now be spending my previously free Saturday trying to clean the entire house by myself, since DH isn't recovered enough to help. His parents are incredibly over-protective and can be very judgemental - I find it stressful being around them at the best of times. I'm just not in the mood for spending half my weekend preparing for a visit with people I've already seen three times in the past week and a half and who I know will spend most of the visit harping at us and giving us "advice" on how we need to be less stressed (they consider us seeing any friends or other family to be too stressful for my "delicate condition"). I just feel like snapping and telling them that THEY cause us the most stress, so maybe we just shouldn't be seeing them at all until after the baby is born... lol.

Okay. I think I'm done whining about my first world problems now.

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@cnidaria: I would totally tell them that you guys aren't up for visitors this weekend. If you have a garage, park in it and pretend you aren't home if they stop by.

32. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@cnidaria: I would just say "sorry, that doesn't work for us." Practice setting boundaries now.

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@cnidaria: reading that made me stressed! I am sorry!!!!

34. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@cnidaria: Man, I hate the 'delicate condition' phrase. We're pregnant, not porcelain! And if THEY are making you stressed and worn out, that sucks. Can your hubby delicately say something?

35. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Since we are almost all under the 8 week mark anyone up for making some predictions about our October babies arrivals?

Due date:
    Delivery date:
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm:
    Delivery method:
    Weight:
    Length:
    Hair (color and amount):
    Eye color:
    :

36. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Seeing as this is my 3rd and my other two were almost the same birth experience it isn't that hard for me to imagine how this might go down.

Due date: 10/21
    Delivery date: 10/18
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: noon
    Delivery method: vaginal birth via induction with all the meds
    Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz (this is more hopeful than actual thinking - my last was 8 lbs 6 oz and I don't want #3 to be bigger)
    Length: 19 in
    Hair (color and amount): dark brown and not very much
    Eye color: deep brown

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Due date: 10/10
    Delivery date: 10/10
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: hoping am
    Delivery method: Vaginal with Epidural
    Weight: 8lbs 13 oz
    Length: 20
    Hair (color and amount): good amount dark
    Eye color: brown

38. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Due date: 11/02
    Delivery date: 10/16
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: pm
    Delivery method: vaginal with epidural
    Weight: 7lbs 10 ounces
    Length: 19.5 inches
    Hair (color and amount): fine blonde hair
    Eye color: blue
    Baby O will likely arrive shortly after my last shot wears off. I will be so happy to get past 37 weeks.

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Due date: 9/30
    Delivery date: 10/2
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: am
    Delivery method: vaginal, no epidural/drugs
    Weight: 7 lbs, 8 oz.
    Length: 20 in.
    Hair (color and amount): dark brown, minimal
    Eye color: brown

40. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts