Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: Yes, I am still very tired, but I don't feel fuzzy. My mind is sharp. My back is still killing me, but T comes home tonight and I am done doing the heavy lifting.

2. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Rest up! Glad it's not getting worse.

3. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Completely trapped in our house today. The HOA is painting our building and the workers decided it would be a great idea to tape plastic over all the windows and both doors. We were going to hit the park and grocery store as we've been in the house all week. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. Turns out that my scar tissue and pelvic pain is so intense today that I probably wouldn't make it to the park and grocery store anyway. So friggin' intense. I'm hobbling around the house.

4. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: Not cool. Not cool at all. Does rubbing the sore area help at all? My chiropractor has me rubbing my round ligaments every morning when they are tight and it does help. Otherwise it feels like my sides are ripping.

5. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@avivoca: Sometimes rubbing the scar tissue area can help, but today it's not doing much. Feel like my entire pelvis is ripping apart and apparently the baby has decided to burrow down into the lower part of my uterus. So not helping!

6. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TFrances: I'm sorry you are feeling poorly as well. Hope tomorrow you can get out of the house. At least we are getting to the home stretch.

7. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

I had a growth ultrasound today and confirmed that we have a big baby on our hands! 97th percentile, estimated to weigh 5 lbs 7 oz at 31.5 weeks! Yikes! I am average size and was a normal sized baby but DH was over 12 lbs so I'm not shocked. More importantly everything looks good! If this rate of growth continues, I may have to think about a c-section because I'm not sure about delivering an 11 lb baby but not stressing about it yet.

8. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Glad you are less fuzzy and hope that you have a restful weekend ahead of you and can get back to feeling good!

@TFrances: Ugh, so sorry you're not feeling well. Hope that things improve tomorrow!

@whiskers: Your comment about being "in the final" stretch has me freaking out!!!! My due date is 10/1 and I fully want this baby to be born in October! I might be the only one here who does NOT want to be early (unless, of course, baby needs to come out early for some reason that he/she will make known!)

@thepicklemonster: Holy moly, big baby!!! I can't believe your DH was over 12 lbs. So exciting to hear that your little one is growing so well -- so big and strong! I would be nervous about an 11 pounder, too, Will your next scan be at 36w?

9. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@thepicklemonster: wow!!! That's amazing growth!!!

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: I'm with you - I would very much prefer an October baby. 😜

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TFrances: I hope you feel better lady.

12. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: I would love for you to have an October if not a September baby!!!! But, you know what? I truly believe little girl is gonna be in great hands no matter when she arrives. Thinking of you!! You are doing great!! (PS. So sorry you have to put the progesterone "up there"!)

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: Soooooo gross.

I did a NICU tour earlier & am feeling a lot calmer today. Whatever will be, will be.

14. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@amorini I think next scan is 37w. Are you still TG? Do you have a hunch? I feel like I'm
    having a boy.

@jaguar thinking of you!!!

15. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: So good to hear you're feeling more at peace. If mamma ain't peaceful, ain't no one at peace.

.@thepicklemonster: Yes, still TG! (And still no names!) Our hunch is boy based on the u/s images but I still find myself thinking about a girl when I'm daydreaming!

Hey, we might not have names but we are visiting daycares tomorrow! I have two pages of questions...good lord. Oh, and we have a pediatrician lined up. I'm feeling like we are at least getting a few of the essentials figured out.

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Hey all sorry I am so MIA I am readreading, will catch up when I can!!
    First week back to work after summer and just getting into a routine and being super preggo, I am DONE!!!!

17. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: another week down! 🎉

@thepicklemonster: oh man, I'm glad you aren't stressing about it. I've also heard they can be really off in weight estimates.

@Amorini: names are so hard.

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Yes!!! Huzzah to one more week of growing.

I wish I had more time to do nursery stuff. I know it's not important in the long run, but I am just so bummed that everything came to such a grinding halt so early. Was NOT expecting the last few weeks to go so crazy.

I mean, I know it's not that important.. but no time to celebrate this baby with friends (we were going to do a little high tea/sprinkle type thing which is obviously cancelled now) and it just feels like this pregnancy is almost over without even getting to do so much.

Mama guilt today, I guess.

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Yay for one more week! Could you have your sprinkle/tea at the hospital?

20. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Maybe try to have a sip and see instead of a sprinkle? Just focus on the positives of catching it early and letting her cook more - everything else is minor details. Sitting in a bed all day certainly gives you the feeling of being unproductive, but really you are doing the most important job of all.

21. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I'm in such a funk today. I've been feeling really off randomly these last few days (blood sugar drops maybe?) and I'm super irritable. Also stressing a bit about working and getting a wave of whatever it is that is happening when I'm with a client.

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: ugh, I hate that for you. I'm so sorry. Are you making sure you are hydrated? Do you carry snacks with you?

23. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: I will have to make sure I do. I am not the best about it because there aren't bathrooms usually wherever I am so I don't want to have to pee the whole time either.

24. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@whiskers: Feeling the same way for the last few days. And I've definitely been hydrating. Just about killed myself going to the grocery store today with a pissy toddler. Definitely need to take it easy this afternoon.

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

First week back to work/school with 20 6yr olds I'm EXHAUSTED!
    I'm reading just can't catch up!

26. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

We've officially decided on a name! Trying to get DH to commit was ridiculously hard even though he's the one who proposed the first name. I picked the middle name. So Quentin Deckard Hall will be arriving in (hopefully) 7 weeks! In case you're wondering, we just really like the name Quentin, it's classic, but not super popular or trendy. And Deckard comes from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/Blade Runner. The current toddler is named after a character from Hitchhiker's Guide the Galaxy. We have to represent our geek tribe through our children.

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: Awesome! It's so nice to have a name nailed down.

28. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TFrances: Awesome! Hope you are feeling better today.

29. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguat: How are you hanging in there?! Thinking of you!

@FaithFertility: I bet you are tired!!!

@whiskers: @TFrances: How are you ladies feeling? In addition to water, are you getting enough protein? I get edgy/irritable when I get hungry and no amount of carbs, fruit or veggies will do I find that protein sets me straight again.

ETA: @TFrances: congrats on having a name!!

30. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@Amorini: Trying to eat a balanced diet around here. I think part of the problem is just the amount of shit work I have to deal with at the moment. DH works 12-13 hour days and doesn't do a single thing around the house. Starting to wear on me. And the toddler is sick this week. I really think I need some downtime and rest. Saturday I have a huge craft supply garage sale at my friend's house (multiple sellers). I'm going to use it as a day without house and toddler stressors and responsibilities. Plan on getting a venti starbucks tea on the way there and take it easy and hopefully make a little money. Weird way to relax, but it will be a day away from my house. I think I need that right now...

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Amorini: Most days I feel ok. Sometimes not so great if I over do it. I know I am struggling with keeping myself balanced in nutrition. I am so exhausted by dinner time it's all I can do get things together for my boys. My DH works and goes to school pretty much all week so I am alone. It wears on me big time. I am looking forward to going out of town this weekend and having time with my whole family.

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: Just hanging on. I'm so tired.

Yay for names and bumps and getting through each day. Third trimester is no joke. xx

33. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Why does October seem so close and yet so far?! I hope those of you we haven't heard from in a while are doing well.

Sept 30 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 5 - TFrances (#4)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - ThePickleMonster (#1)
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 12 - Paddington10 (#2)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 13 - Waiting4you (#1)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 16 - FaithFertility (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Boston Terrier Mom (#2)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 21 - Lurleen_Lumpkin (#1)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 28 - Lollipop_Sorbet (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

Always in our hearts :
    Dylan James - Winniebee's boy
    YouGotMe's baby girl

34. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Had my last monthly appointment today. My next appointment is in two weeks. O sounded great on Doppler but my belly is measuring pretty behind. The doctor said if at my next appointment I still measured behind we will sneak a peek at him. I am not concerned. I measured small with my other two.

35. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Had an appointment today. Everything's looking great. Measuring right on track. Got my TDap booster shot. Midwife located the baby: head down, butt up, feet in my side. Not that it matters as I'm heading for a c-section. But still, it was nice to know where he was. Will go back in 2 weeks for an appointment and to do my pre-op registration (paperwork, picking a surgery date, etc). Toddler and I hit Target and Costco after the appointment which wasn't my best idea. Being down to one car is really making it hard to schedule errands and activities. Hopefully the toddler will have quiet time (hasn't napped since he was 18 months), and I can rest and maybe take a nap.

36. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Had my 32w ultrasound yesterday. He measured at 5lbs 4oz - more like 35w! My doc doesn't measure my belly, so this was the first confirmation that I've gotten that he's big. She scheduled me for a followup ultrasound in 4 weeks. Apparently, if he only grows the "average" amount for the next 8 weeks, I could have something close to a 10-pounder on my hands! Doc decided to to put me on the schedule for a c-section at my 39w date, just to be sure that there is space for me in the schedule if I need it. Oh boy, is it feeling real now! No change in due date, just a big baby. (FYI: Both my husband and I are above average height and weight, but we were both 7lb babies - I was 2 weeks early and he was nearly 3 weeks late.)

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BUNBUN: It's so weird that they don't measure your belly! I always get a fundal height measurement at my appointments.

38. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@MrsRcCar: I'm starting to measure behind as well. For some reason my little ones like to hang out in transverse position so my doc wasn't concerned either.

39. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Shantuck: I wasn't surprised because of previous pregnancies. The doctor seemed a little concerned but otherwise he appears to be healthy. Plus my last scan he measured a little ahead.

40. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Glad appointments are going well. I wasn't expecting another ultrasound since at my first appointment my doctor said it was just the dating and anatomy but this past appointment on Tuesday she mentioned something about possibly having one in a few weeks. I don't really want one, but if she tells me to schedule one I will.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee