Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Wondering now that you are almost to your first "big" goal of 32 weeks what is the game plan?

2. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

How's everyone doing? I'll be 31 weeks this weekend and starting to feel like I'm waddling more, baby is sitting semi low. Feeling fine though, have a few more things that need to get done but going to enjoy the last few weeks of summer.

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Maysprout: I'm hanging in there. Mostly, I'm fine, I just have a lot of aches and pains this time around because I'm chasing a toddler and this baby is very low already at 34 weeks.

4. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Maysprout: 31 weeks today. I'm mostly dealing with an overcrowded feeling belly. I am hungry a lot, but I can't eat too much and then I get heartburn/reflux. I can't wait for cooler weather.

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: I got heartburn from eating Goldfish crackers last night! I was so disappointed.

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@whiskers: The "plan" was to move back to my old hospital - but the current hospital wants me to stay til 34 weeks now, so we're stuck. I'm a bit cranky, actually. But it's the weekend now, so I guess I'll fight that battle more on Monday.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: They can hold you there? Or do you have to be "released" by MFM? That's crummy that you have to stay there now until 34 weeks, because then it feels like they will say, "Oh, you have to stay until 36 weeks now."

8. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@Maysprout: 33 weeks and I'm so done this time. Gearing up for DH's 3 week overseas trip for work. And just found out that my MIL will have to have knee surgery instead of coming to help after the baby's born. There goes all my careful plans. No idea what we're going to do with the toddler while I'm in the hospital. Need to start begging friends for help. On top of all this, the toddler is super sick with a cold. Looks like I will be attending my sprinkle alone (it's a big parent group family event). oh well... 7 more weeks to go!

9. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: I'm sorry. Hopefully they will compromise with you some. So glad you've made it this far, though!

10. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: Yay (again) that you are going home!!!

@Maysprout: @avivoca: This baby sits low, too, but kinda always has seemed that way because of my long torso. So I don't think my bump is any lower than before, just bigger and basically all out front. Looks funny but I'm trying to be grateful that at least he or she isn't all up into my ribs. Still eating and drinking is not too fun. A lot of petite bites and sips or otherwise the food and drink feels stuck as it slowly goes down.

At 34w now but really no complaints which is more of a mind-over-matter thing than reality! I want this baby to stay cooking for as long as he or she is healthy and happy in there. Yes, even past my due date would be fine!! If I were dealing with another small child however, I would be in a whole other state of mind. You 2nd and 3rd time mammas are totally rockstars!

ETA: I will have a cervical check at ~36w... What does that really entail? Like a pap? I'll have a growth scan, too. I've been having weekly BPPs (and NSTs)...but they don't reassess due dates at those so I'm looking forward to hear how he or she is getting along!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Checking in
    @jaguar: Glad to see little love is still cooking!!!!

@Amorini: Mind over Matter YES!!!!!! Even as a 2nd time Mama, he can stay in for a few extra months
    So not ready, but then again can't wait to see his face!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whiskers: Ughh cooler weather!!! I can't wait! But in FL it might be awhile

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Maysprout: Exhausted back to work so I'm just trying to make it to Oct

14. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@FaithFertility: Yes, it will be awhile before it's cooler here too! I just plan for the summer heat to last through September! Hang in there!!

15. dookie32

kiwi / 538 posts

@Amorini: The cervical checks kinda suck from what I remember. They are really just jamming their fingers up there to feel the positioning. I was 10 days overdue with my 1st so I had a bunch towards the end. The good news is that it's usually pretty quick but just be prepared!

16. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Amorini: the cervical checks are quick and mildly uncomfortable. They don't necessarily tell you much information so you can decline them. I like to know, myself, because I have always been strep b positive and need to get to the hospital sooner for antibiotics (though I've always ended up being induced - I was 3 cm before I started induction with DD1 and 5 cm before DD2).

17. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Glad you were able to get on home bed rest!! Take it easy!

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Today I walked 1 mile (more like two when we realized we parked half a mile from the start) at a race for colon cancer prevention. I'm toast. Comments were made about how I look like baby will just slide on out any day now (yes, I KNOW I am huge, thankyouverymuch), but other than being super sore, I feel okay. 34 weeks today!

19. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Awesome!

Checked a few more minor things off my list: washed and reassembled the car seat, put together the swing, and got my bag down to start packing for the hospital - I'm currently making a list for it.

DD2 (18 months) says, "Baby!" when I pull out the baby gear - I'm curious how much she comprehends that there will be a baby coming. I *think* she will love having a baby sister, but I worry sometimes about her not responding well to it.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: Awesome!!!!

@whiskers: My DD is 20 months and I think she gets that a baby is comicoming, she is obsessed with het baby doll.and is super sweet so that makes me think she will love him, but then again I mean a real baby is no doll....lol

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I started buying postpartum necessities today. Thunderpads, breast pads, the giant box of baby wipes, and Boogie wipes. I still need to get newborn diapers and size 1 diapers (we use them at night) along with saline spray for both girls. Oh, and a bath sponge for A. It's getting real!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: Ughhh I need to do ALL of that! I feel like I am in denial

23. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I'm finally checking in from a week of craziness, to put things mildly. We live outside of Baton Rouge and had to evacuate our home last Saturday. We spent a night in a shelter, but my mil was able to pick us up at that point which is where we've been and where we'll continue to be. We had about 2.5 feet of water in our house and both of our cars flooded to. But at least we have somewhere to stay and basic necessities taken care of, it's just hard to see how things are going to get back to normal from here.

24. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@Miss Ariel: OMG, I'm so sorry to hear!!! Thank goodness for family to help out. I can't imagine how unsettling (to put it mildly) all of it is and will continue to be. I am glad you and your family are all in one piece and have the basics, plus a place to stay, but that is far from what you were expecting as you prepare to have this baby. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Please let us know if there is any tangible way to help!

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Miss Ariel: I am so, so sorry to hear that. I'm so thankful that you and your family are safe. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for your family.

26. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Miss Ariel: What a nightmare! I'm glad that you are all safe. Please let us know if we can help out in any way.

27. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@FaithFertility: I often ask her if she wants a baby like that when we see other little babies and she always says yes. I'm hoping she means it.

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Thinking of you all often! The news it just looks horrible!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whiskers: Me too!!!!!!
    I was at my BF house she has an 8 week old G wasn't jealous and kept asking if she could "hold her"

30. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Thanks guys! I know in a lot of ways we've been luckier than most since especially since both my mil and sil didn't flood, so we have a place to stay and even a car to borrow. But it's going to be a long time before we even get close to replacing much of what lost. We hadn't planned on registering since we were going to reuse much of what we had, but since that isn't an option anymore I started one on Friday, so I guess if anyone is curious I can send you the link to it.

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Please wall me
    the link

32. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Miss Ariel: Can you post it in our facebook group?

33. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: @whiskers: it's in the Facebook group now.

34. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Had my little sprinkle today. It was a nice morning of pastries and socializing. No games. No silly activities. Just hanging out at the park with some friends. We don't do individual gifts at these sprinkles. Instead the baby gets some decorated onsies and a nice fleece tie blanket. Arthur's loving on the blanket right now, but I stressed that it was for the baby and not him. We'll see what happens when the baby actually comes.

35. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Miss Ariel: Gosh how scary! I'm glad you have somewhere to stay but still, what a fright.

@TFrances: That sounds gorgeous!

@avivoca: I need to send hubby to stock up on post partum goodies. Poor guy, haha.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Miss Ariel: Popping in from the August board to say that I'm so sorry this has happened. I really admire your positive attitude and know it will serve you well. xo

37. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: @pregnantbee: thanks guys! And everyone else who sent well wishes. In some ways it still doesn't feel real. I haven't actually been back to the house yet. Dh didn't really want me working there and being around all the grossness, but when I finally do go back and see it all dismantled (we had to rip out the walls with water damage so 6 feet and under) it will feel a little more real.

38. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@Miss Ariel: I'm so sorry, all of that must be so overwhelming! I am glad to hear that you have family you can stay with, (usually) much more comfortable than a hotel.

@avivoca: Good for you! I weeded the garden yesterday for a couple of hours and I felt broken afterwards!

@TFrances: That sounds so lovely, I'm glad you got to enjoy!

@jaguar: How was your weekend? Hope you're able to go home/to the other hospital soon!

39. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@BUNBUN: I am HOME! They released me under the conditions of strict bed resting here. I see my OB on thursday!

40. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: yeah!!! It must be so much better just being able to be back in your own space! Hopefully things continue to go well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee