Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

oooh, I like these! This little lady looks so much like her sister in ultrasound scans, I'm finding it hard to imagine what she will look like herself! I'm also finding it hard to guess weight and what-not, since I have NO idea how long I can push this out.

Due date: October 15th
    Delivery date: Oh man, I have no idea. I'm just going to guess September.
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: late pm
    Delivery method: Hopefully vaginal birth
    Weight: In the 7-8lb range.
    Length: 50cm
    Hair (color and amount): brown & loads
    Eye color: blue

2. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Guys, I'm still here! I've been super MIA the last month or so, but I swear I've been reading along. You may remember when we did some last-minute traveling to be with my SIL. She passed away earlier this month, so we have had a bit of a rough go. We're trying to get back in the swing of things now, but it's super tough.

Due date: October 29th
    Delivery date: I'm guessing Halloween. Because that's the day I DON'T want it to be. Ha!
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: AM
    Delivery method: Hopefully vaginal! Since my only other option is being put under general anesthesia for a section.
    Weight: I'm going to say 8lb2oz. DD was 7lb13oz, so seems reasonable.
    Length: 20 inches
    Hair (color and amount): brown/black and not much
    Eye color: blue

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL.

4. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca:

5. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

Unfortunately I had already told him it was fine and he'd already confirmed with them by the time I felt the need to have my freak out about them coming... but it ended up fine. They didn't stay long and we pretty much just restricted them to one room so the house didn't have to be spotless. We spent most of the rest of the weekend being blissfully lazy

@jaguar: Ugh, yes! I feel like I need a sign: pregnant does not equal porcelain, sick, or injured and carrying something that weighs 2 kg is not going to trigger spontaneous labour.

Due date: October 18
    Delivery date: I'm going to guess late, maybe October 25?
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: early AM
    Delivery method: Vaginal, probably with epidural
    Weight: 6.5 lbs
    Length: 19"
    Hair (color and amount): None! I didn't have any for ages.
    Eye color: Blue

6. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@mfa_lady: So sorry about your SIL ::hugs::

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@cnidaria: Yes, I need to wear that sign too. I've even told my husband that I'm not calling him anymore because he keeps freaking out that I'm in labor and all I want to do is tell him that I left for church/am on my way home and I don't text and drive.

8. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@mfa_lady: So sorry about your SIL.

9. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Due date: October 11
    Delivery date: I'm going to guess 10/11 or 10/12 unless he's measuring huge and my doc wants him out sooner
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: AM (because he would keep me up all night and not arrive until after breakfast)
    Delivery method: Vaginal, I hope. open to drugs or no drugs
    Weight: 9lbs 8oz (we were both in the 7lb range, so I'm kind of surprised he's so big already)
    Length: 22"
    Hair (color and amount): Dark blonde/light brown and LOTS of it (tech pointed it out on the sonogram, plus heartburn since I peed on the stick)
    Eye color: Blue

10. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I'm holding up the rear over here!

Due date: 11/5 (original date was 10/31 but baby was measuring small)
    Delivery date: I went 2 weeks early last time and my doctor's office induces 2+ time moms at 39 weeks if they want. I'm actually hoping for an 11/3 or 11/4 due date.
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: Hoping for labor to start in the morning and finish up in the evening. Fingers crossed!
    Delivery method: Hopefully vaginal but definitely with an epidural.
    Weight: 7 lbs? Big brother was 6 lbs 3 oz at 38 weeks so I'm hoping if I can make it to 39/40 weeks, she'll be in the 7 lb range.
    Length: 21 inches
    Hair (color and amount): Brown and not much. Big brother had a ring of hair around the back but not much on top. Expecting a repeat.
    Eye color: Hazel.

11. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@mfa_lady: So sorry for your loss.

12. mand4

olive / 62 posts

Due date: October 12
    Delivery date: last week of September. 1st baby came at 37.5 weeks and was big. This one was already measuring ahead at 20 week scan.
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: no clue
    Delivery method: vaginal, drug of choice= gatorade (hoping! new hospital and midwifery practice... so really no clue. First time was lovely)
    Weight: 8lb 6oz +
    Length: 22"+
    Hair (color and amount): lots of super dark brown/black hair
    Eye color: brown!

13. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@cnidaria: @BUNBUN: @Shantuck: Thank you

14. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

Due date: 10/23
    Delivery date: I have a feeling I might deliver slightly early (DH and I were both born early...but who knows)? My birthday is 10/29 and DH's is 10/10, so somewhere in between would be perfect.
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: Late PM. I'd take any time as long as I don't go into labor while I'm at work...so worried about that!
    Delivery method: vaginal
    Weight: 8 lb
    Length: 20 in
    Hair (color and amount): A good amount of brown hair. Although, is the heartburn wives tale true? I haven't had any (knock on wood).
    Eye color: brown

15. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: Hugs

16. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@mfa_lady: I'm so sorry about your family news. Big hugs from down here. xx

17. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@cnidaria: Phew! Glad it went as well as it could. How is his recovery going?

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TapDancer: I had no heartburn with Georgia and she had epic hair at birth.. and still does!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mfa_lady: Ohh I am so sorry!

20. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

Due date: 10/1
    Delivery date: Early (even though I don't want to be!). At 35w2d today I had a cervical check and I'm already dilated a fingertip. Guess that's what carrying low can do?!
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: Things will probably start slowly in the AM and then get real in the late PM.
    Delivery method: vaginal, no epi, no drugs, I hope! Trying to mentally prepare that I'll do anything for a healthy baby.
    Weight: 8 lbs (they estimated he or she is around 6 lbs at today's growth scan!)
    Length: normal to long-ish!?
    Hair (color and amount): yes, some (saw it today on the scan!) and brown
    Eyes: brown or hazel are pretty much the only genetic possibilities!

21. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@mfa_lady: Sorry to hear about your SIL's passing. I'm glad you got to spend time with her.

@cnidaria: Hoping your DH has a smooth recovery!

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: I might ask for a cervical check at my 36 week appointment because they will be down there doing my GBS swab. I hope any hanging out low means there is some dilation happening for me too.

23. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

Due date: 10/10
    Delivery date: 9/25 is my half birthday so that would be cool
    Early am, am, noon, pm, late pm: am
    Delivery method: just have a feeling it's going to be a c
    Weight: 9 lbs 3 oz
    Length: average
    Hair (color and amount): definitely brown, hopefully lots
    Eyes: brown

24. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Due date: 10/13
    Delivery date: it'll probably be my birthday, 10/10, with my luck. I just kind of want to keep that day as only my birthday and not share it. Ha!
    Time: noon-ish
    Delivery: vaginal without an epidural, which is what I had with dd. I loved my birth last time and am hoping for a similar experience.
    Weight: 7.5 lbs
    Length: 21 inches
    Hair: brown, medium amount
    Eyes: brown

25. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@mfa_lady: I'm so sorry.

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

So her nursery is still a half completed mess that I haven't been in for weeks (poor child) BUT I spend my morning bedrest organising some framed quotes for her room.. you know, eventually. I wish I could make a start on the mountains of washing and sorting that need doing, but will have to wait on that for now. Gahhhhhh, I don't cope well being unorganised!

27. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@jaguar: It's going pretty well, although I think still too slowly for his preference! He can actually take a few steps without the crutches now and should be off them entirely in about a week or so

28. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: @jaguar: @FaithFertility: @Amorini: @Miss Ariel: Thank you, friends.

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@cnidaria: Hoping it goes as fast as possible. It's so hard not being at your full capacity!! xx

@mfa_lady: *hugs*

I'm pretty crampy today. Do you guys get BH if you don't pee IMMEDIATELY?

30. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: yes!! That's pretty much the only time I get them or at least notice them. Same with my other two pregnancies. Also, love the artwork.

31. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@whiskers: Oh good, glad it's not just me. My whole belly goes rock hard (and sore!).. but I feel like I'm peeing every five seconds too!!

Thank you! x

32. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: love the artwork, too! I just realized what BHs really feel like since I had one during an NST on Monday. It felt like nothing really except baby doing.a flipturn. I didn't notice soreness and thought the belly "hardness"
    was just the baby moving!!! So anyway, I'm no help.... I keep waiting for the feeling to happen again but I didn't notice it the first time so maybe all this "baby movement" is really BHs.

I'm starting to have people tell me that I look ready to pop. I'm surprised to hear it because I've still got some time left (right, baby?!) and haven't felt that totally done feeling yet.

33. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I had my 32 week appt and talked to my doctor about inductions. The plan will be to get on the induction schedule for my 39th week whenever they post it and for whichever day my doctor is available.

I'm really hoping I don't go into labor sooner than that. My hospital is 45 min away, I'm strep b +, and I am usually dilated to 4-5 cm at that point without feeling anything labor like.

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: Good luck! It's crazy that you don't feel anything prior to 4-5 centimeters! Labor is so different for everyone, I was definitely feeling it when I was 5 cm (at that point, we went to the hospital and I immediately went into transition).

35. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: I went into my induction with B at 39w4d and was 5 cm. They held off breaking my water until I got my second dose of meds which is when things really ramp up for me. I've actually hardly felt active labor, because with DD1 I got the epi within an hour of breaking my water and with DD2 I actually got it before they broke my water (but 4 hrs after pit so I was starting to feel them somewhat).

36. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Had my 34w checkup today. Thankfully, my BP/urine were normal, in spite of my swollen hands, feet and face and now nearly constant pelvic pressure. All is normal...which is great, except that there's nothing I can do about it (I miss advil!). Went to the 1st of 4 childbirth classes at our hospital last night - lasted from 6:30 until 9:30pm. Don't they know pregnant ladies be tired and need their sleep?!?!

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I went for a walk around the block and immediately started having BH contractions. This time around, they are painful (but not like real contractions). So now I'm sitting down and drinking water like it's my job. I also have my shoes off, because I'm 35.5 weeks and dang it, I want to be comfortable. I guess I won't be walking at lunch anymore.

In 1.5 weeks, I will welcome real contractions, but if they could stay away for now, that will be great.

38. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@BUNBUN: glad everything is looking normal and sorry you are still having crummy symptoms. The last month of pregnancy is long enough without the extra discomfort.

@avivoca: Sounds like you could end up with a Sept baby after all.

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: We'll see. I had so many BH contractions with H and ended up going late. We're supposed to have a nice cool-down this weekend, so that will help with contractions while walking, as I tend to get them more when I'm hot.

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I also wanted to share this sweet picture my husband captured the other day! H came up and said, "I want to give A a hug!"

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee