Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2017 Moms!

1. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

October 2017 Mamas!
    Oct 2 - MRSVDV (#3), CHANZI (#3), SUGARBEE (#2)
    Oct 10 - MRSDECEMBER (#2)
    Oct 12 - LBEE (#2) , COLEYCAM (#1)
    Oct 13 - FANCYGEM (#2)
    Oct 18 - SYNCHRONICITY (#1), BARREMOMMY (#2)
    Oct 19 - AZJAX (#2)
    Oct 22 - MRS. DUKES (#2)
    Oct 23 - CHRISTI70 (#2)
    Oct 25 - MRS.THINMINT (#2)
    mid October - JJ88 (#1 - twins!)
    Appointments
    Mar 30 - AZJAX
    Apr 7 - MRS.THINMINT - NIPT, AZJAX - NT scan
    Apr 10 - SYNCHRONICITY, COLEYCAM - NT scans
    Apr 27 - COLEYCAM
    Apr 29 - MRSDECEMBER
    Apr 30 - BARREMOMMY - NIPT
    comment if you have any updates!

2. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Visited my OB today and after a few minutes, he was able to find the baby's heart beat with the fetal Doppler. It was nice and strong and a really great moment for us! Still feel awful with the nausea if I miss or am late with my Diclegis, so hoping that the second tri brings some relief.

3. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

@azjax: My OB office is connected to the blood work place, which in my state is the leading chain of who does it, so I'm not even sure where else I would go outside of there. (It's literally downstairs.) I just had a traumatic experience as a child and it's haunted me ever since. I know I have to suck it up eventually though!

4. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

How is everyone? Any updates?

5. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: Hi! We are such a quiet group, haha. I am still naseous even with the Diclegis but I think the nausea may be tapering at least a little. Excited and nervous for the NT scan on Friday. Also, I've been trying to feel early movement (haha) but so far I'm pretty sure it's just been digestive gurgling.

6. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: I hear you on the nausea. I'm vomiting less but still have the stomach rolling / mouth watering a lot during the day. Yay for your next ultrasound! Mine is on Monday how far along are you today?

7. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: Today I'm 11+5 and the scan will be on 12+1. Are you going to find out the gender of your baby or will you be team green? We're toying with the idea of being team green since this will likely be our last.

8. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: ah I'm 11+6 today and yes we will absolutely be finding out. DH could probably wait but I absolutely cannot! I wish I could find out right now.

9. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

I feel pretty good (outside of being exhausted and feeling the round ligament pains). I noticed the line nigra and my bump is growing. I felt a few flutters, but not much. I start the 2nd trimester in a few days!

10. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@Synchronicity: I wish we could find out right now too. I think I may try to find out before my gender reveal. My husband and I will pretend like we don't know. lol

11. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Had our NT scan today and it went well! We could see arms, legs, feet, the spinal cord, kidneys, the heart, and the two hemispheres of the brain. Baby doesn't have trisomy 13 or 18 and is low risk for Down's syndrome. It was an awesome feeling! The Dr. thinks this baby is probably a ....girl !!! Well see if that changes in the coming weeks, haha!

12. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: Yay! Glad everything went well!

I'm having a rough day (week?). I've had a dull headache all week that is into migraine territory today and I just threw up at work. I can't take any of my migraine meds which is awful. I'm leaving after my next client... And I should have cancelled him, too, to be honest. Ugh.

13. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: oh no!!! DH gets migraines and they are so debilitating even with meds!!! I hope you're able to relax after work and the headache eases off. Do baths or essential oils or anything help?

14. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

Had our second ultrasound today and it seems like everything looks good! Not sure when the results from this and bloodwork will come in. Hope everyone is doing well!

@azjax: nothing seems to help right now other than sleep. Boo!

15. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: what an adorable profile!

16. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

October 2017 Mamas!
    Oct 2 - MRSVDV (#3), CHANZI (#3), SUGARBEE (#2)
    Oct 10 - MRSDECEMBER (#2)
    Oct 12 - LBEE (#2) , COLEYCAM (#1)
    Oct 13 - FANCYGEM (#2)
    Oct 18 - SYNCHRONICITY (#1), BARREMOMMY (#2)
    Oct 19 - AZJAX (#2)
    Oct 22 - MRS. DUKES (#2)
    Oct 23 - CHRISTI70 (#2)
    Oct 25 - MRS.THINMINT (#2)
    mid October - JJ88 (#1 - twins!)
    Appointments
    Apr 27 - COLEYCAM, AZJAX
    Apr 29 - MRSDECEMBER
    Apr 30 - BARREMOMMY - NIPT
    comment if you have any updates!

17. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@coleycam: I hope you managed to get through your bloodwork! How did the NT scan go? Hope you're well!

18. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

@azjax: aw, thanks for checking in! my husband and I ended up deciding to opt out of the nt scan after discussing with others. I did survive my other bloodwork today and I *guess* it wasn't as bad as anticipated

19. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@coleycam: I'm glad the bloodwork wasn't bad. A good phlebotomist can really work magic!

Anybody else with upcoming appointments? I really hope my OB will have me schedule the anatomy scan after my appointment at the end of the month.

We are planning on telling our families about baby #2 over Easter weekend. I've ordered a "big brother" t-shirt for DS from Carter's and I'm hoping it gets here in time! Their shipping is so slow. Seriously I feel like they give the packages to drunk donkeys pointed in the opposite direction of the destination instead of putting them on a truck. They are cheap and cute though!

Anybody else announcing soon? We won't do anything on social media.

20. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: my due date got moved up to the 14th based on my dating scan in week 10. I just had a midwife appointment yesterday and they updated me

I have to call and book our anatomy scan but that won't be for 5-6 weeks still.

21. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

Hi,
    My midwife told me that I will not have to drink the disgusting juice when I do my glucose test. I'm so excited about that. I lost weight, so I will have to focus on eating more. Other than that the baby is fine. We will find out the gender around 18 weeks.

22. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@FancyGem: yay for no juice! I really need to call and book our anatomy scan. So excited to find out the gender!

23. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

I got a call from the MFM on Friday, and now that they have my bloodwork back, my risk for DS is 1/43! For my age group, normal is 1/250. My HCG was 2.5 times the MoM, which is what raised my risk since the NT measurement and nasal bone were good. I went Friday for a NIPT blood draw, but I feel very worried. They told me that about 75% of the positives they see from the NT screen are false positives. However, with the NIPT, about 20% of positives are also false, so it's only really helpful if it comes back negative. Otherwise they will recommend an amniocentesis. It takes two weeks to get the NIPT results back, so it seems I have half a month of worrying to endure.

We've decided to hold off on sharing our pregnancy with our families until the anatomy scan. By then we will have NIPT and amnio results back (if we get one) and a much better idea about the health of the pregnancy.

What a let down.

24. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: I'm sorry, that is so stressful. The odds are still in your favour but it's so hard to get news like that

25. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@azjax: Try searching I *think* the March boards, I think that Lovelyplum went through this with the flag being high HCG. Her NIPT came back completely perfect. I know how stressful this is, though. Try to focus on that there is a ~ 98% chance your baby is perfect. What NIPT test did you do? I did VisibiliT (the sister of Materniti21) and it was back in 5 calendar days. Hopefully you will have answers soon! I was also just with a friend who went through this (and is in the profession) and she said that the anatomy is usually more indicative than other potential red flags like high hcg and low Papp-A. She specifically said usually when she sees this it ends up being a perfectly healthy girl pregnancy - I thought it was random and asked why girl and she said that high hcg is often found with girls (which is where the old wive's tale that nausea means girl comes from because high hcg is connected to nausea pretty strongly). Sorry for the novel!

@Synchronicity: I've been meaning to wall you - I'm no nub theory expert but I feel like I see a boy nub. I want you to poll the general public though!

I've been following along, just having some anxiety and not much to offer as I patiently (ha) wait for my anatomy scan. I didn't have a 12 week scan (just NIPT) so I have a lot of anxiety about th baby's anatomy having a huge problem.

26. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@FancyGem: whoops just seeing this! That's great you don't have to drink the juice, although I'm embarrassed to admit it didn't bother me?! I was sure it meant I had GD but I passed!

27. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@LBee: I've got a better nub shot image I'll have to post when I'm back at my computer!

28. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@Synchronicity: Me too! I scheduled it right away and I'm in the middle of planning my gender reveal party.

@azjax: Oh no! Praying that your next test results are great!

@LBee: That juice made my sick when I was pregnant with my son. She said that this time I will eat first, drink grape juice, and then draw the blood. I don't take the test until July.

29. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@LBee: thank you for the information! In my head I know the most likely scenario is a false positive, and when they took the blood spots I was wondering if HCG would come back high because I am feeling so nauseous. It's really hard for things to be beyond my control, and before I can feel the baby move I wonder "is somebody still in there??".

@FancyGem: yay for not having to drink that sugar stuff! I had a hard time getting it down and then not throwing it back up.

30. MrsDecember

pea / 6 posts

Sorry ladies. I'm the worst group member this time around. My February 2015 board is still active! (well, on Facebook, not here). We are all like best friends. I feel bad that I haven't been as involved here. To be honest, it's not even this group, it's just this whole pregnancy. It's so different from my first. With my first, I was totally consumed by it. This time, I forget I'm pregnant half the time. lol I'm 15 weeks and barely showing. With my daughter, I was clearly showing by 12 weeks. I am pretty sick still though. That's like my only reminder. I just can't seem to shake the constant nausea and low energy. This past week I struggled BIG time with migraines. I keep thinking I'll get that second trimester spark soon but there's no sight of it yet.

Our life is about to get crazy. We're supposed to be moving back to the states in roughly 30 days but still have no official paperwork from the military authorizing our move so we have nothing scheduled (hotels, flights, movers...) It's going to be a whirlwind and I'll be about 20 weeks when we leave.

On another note, am I the only one with a super long and drawn out genetics screening process? We went at 12 weeks and did the NT scan (all measured normal) and did the 1st round of bloodwork. I go back at 16 weeks (April 29th) for second round of blood work. They combine all three of those things to get our results. I feel like that's not how everyone else does it? We didn't do the blood work with my daughter but decided to go forward with everything this time around. Maybe ours is just a more old school route.

Hope everyone is doing well. We still haven't announced. All of our family and friends that we talk to daily know but haven't made the obligatory Facebook post. I just felt like it would be easier to make one announcement once we find out the gender so we'll probably announce around the beginning of May.

31. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

It's boy#2 for me!!💙💙💙

32. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

It's boy#2 for me!!💙💙💙

33. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@LBee: they sent me form the Qnatal from Quest diagnostics, which is the Panorama test from Natera. I did a bunch of math to try to feel better about everything but I am still dreading facing a TFMR if the outcome is not good.

For anyone that is interested or looks back on this in the future:
    1. Age-adjusted risk is 1/250. That means for 100,00 pregnancies in my category, 400 will be T21 and 99,600 will not.
    2. NT tests capture 80% of T21, with a 5% false positives. For my category, that means that 320 T22 pregnancies per 100,000 will screen positive (.8*400) and 4,980 healthy pregnancies will falsely screen positive (99,600*.05). That means that 93.9% of positive screens in my age group are fakse.
    3. Natera states 99.9% sensitivity for their test, which means 398 of 400 T21 pregnancies (398*.999) will be detected and 2 will not.
    4. Natera reports 99.5% accuracy which means that 500 of 100,000 pregnancies will screen positive, but from calculations above, on 398 are truly T21. That means 102/500 are false positives, or about 20%. So if NIPT gives us a positive, there is a 1/5 chance the results are inaccurate and we'll need an amnio to know for sure.

I'm starting to feel the baby move and all the worry over T21 is really robbing me of the joy of this pregnancy.

I hope everyone else is faring much better!!!

34. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@sugarbee: congrats on your baby brother!!!! Is your DS excited to have a baby brother?

35. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@LBee: Is this one better? I posted a general thread, too!

36. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: looks like a girl I think???

37. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Well we got our NIPT results back, and it looks like we are having a healthy baby girl !!! I have never ugly cried so hard in all of my life. This experience really solidified my pro-choice stance and I feel really lucky to have had a good outcome. Our risk for chromosomal abnormalities is now 1/10,000.

38. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Synchronicity: I looked at your general post and the nub in each picture looked completely different. When do you find out?? We had a scan at 15 weeks (unexpected) and got to confirm baby's sex, which was fun.

I just started feeling actual discernible movement today!!

@azjax: Yay! Congrats on your healthy baby girl!

39. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: it's a 50/50 split so I'm just going to have to be patient! Congrats on good results and your baby girl

@LBee: right?! We won't find out until May 29th if baby cooperates. I'm so jealous you're feeling movement! I'm 15+3 today and nothing so far, but I'm not expecting to feel anything for a while. I am barely even showing yet! I hate to wish the weeks away but I'm feeling impatient these days.

40. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Synchronicity: I've been so confused by this pregnancy! I'm still in my work suits and wearing pretty much all my normal clothes. With my son I was in maternity clothes by 12 weeks! I didn't feel anything with DS until 16 or 17 weeks and even then it was very random and wasn't definitive until maybe 19 weeks.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee