Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: I'm sorry the cytotec isn't working. Keep us updated on what the next step is. Pitocin?

@mrssquirreld: You're in labor! Did you ever think I'd say that? Lol I'm sure it has felt like so far away. I hope it progresses quickly for you. Keep us filled in! FYI my baby's bday was entered the opposite way as everyone else's when you updated the list.

OMG, JT had us up almost two hours in the middle of the night being obnoxious and this morning his fussiness is causing me to leak milk all over the place. He has his first doctor's appointment today so I'm just praying they say he's 100% perfect. No wonder people get depressed (I'm not) - it's really hard work and at times super stressful. Luckily they're super worth it!

2. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: I wouldn't call it labor... But I guess it is early labor maybe. It doesn't feel like labor!!! Hahah I just want to get to this induction and get the show on the road!! and you are doing great!! How's the c-section recovery going?

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@LittleGBee: If you get jealous just think, my *due date* isn't until the very last day of September, so there's a big chance I could be the very last September mama to deliver. I bet you'll go before I do!

@jetsa: FX for more progress soon. Hang in there mama!

@marionberry: Aww... from what I read these first few weeks are the roughest and things get better.

@Mrs squirreld: So exciting to know you are going to meet your baby soon!!

4. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

It's so surreal thinking that this is DH & mines last night alone before we have a baby!!

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I really think I've been in very early labor since Saturday. I think that's why the contraction were so monitorable last night!

@MapleMoose: @marionberry: thanks girls! I think we are going to break water and then pitocin

6. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: isn't it crazy?!?! All the night nurses just went off shift and they said we better be able to meet that boy/girl tonight!

7. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: eeek so exciting!! How many cm do they want you to get to to break your waters? 3cm?

8. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Good luck to everyone being induced today. Also, thanks to everyone who shared thoughts and opinions regarding my potential induction. We are still deciding what we want to do but I know I need to have a decision made before my appointment this afternoon.

9. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: they didn't give me a number. They just started the pitocin. I'm pleased because I can still getup and walk around with it which I didn't think I'd be able to.

@Meltini: good luck making a decision is the hardest part!

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

They just broke my water!

11. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: the show is on the road!! Woohoooo!! I'm worried they won't let me walk around too. Is bub being monitored?

12. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jetsa: Woohoo!

@Mrs squirreld: I hope they let you walk around! My hospital is very very pro movement, which is one of the reasons I'm with this practice and this hospital. I hope you enjoy your last night as just the two of you!

13. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs squirreld: What a crazy thought about it being the last night... but so true!

@jetsa: Yay for progress!!

14. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: @MapleMoose: @evansjamie: the baby is being monitored so i have a 10' or so radius in the room and contractions are no joke. My BP is steadily climbing so I think an epidural is in my very near future.

15. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Are you getting any relief in between contractions or are they coming one after another?

16. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jetsa: Keep it up! You're doing so well!

17. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@jetsa: Good luck today! I hope your BP stays low enough and your sweet baby arrives healthy!

18. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@jetsa: Woohoo, good luck mama, thinking of you today, hope the rest goes quickly and smoothly!

@Mrs squirreld: Good luck to you as well, hope you have an easy labor!

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@jetsa: hang in there mama!!!! Your baby will be here so soon!!!!

20. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@jetsa good luck!

@mrs squirreld hopefully they will let you have intermittent monitoring. So excited for you!

AFM baby seems very comfortable at 39 weeks + 1 ......I am very jealous if all the babies being born.

21. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm feeling a ton better from my c-section. The first three days are definitely the worst. I went through that same feeling you're having the night before our c-section. It's weird knowing exactly when it will happen.
    @MapleMoose: Ya it's really not that bad, just the worst when you're uber tired.
    @jetsa: everything speeds up once the water is broken. I bet we hear you had the baby very soon! Can't wait!

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Well my baby is here ill post a pic in a bit Jack was born in a vaginal pain-med free birth. he is 8 lbs 3 oz 21" long born at 2:50pm. I labored for 4 hours and pushed for 2.

ETA:

23. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: yaaaaaay!!!! It's a boy!!! Congrats mumma! You are amazing! You are totally giving me faith to be able to get through pain med free too! Can't wait to see your little guy!!

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jetsa: congratulations Mom and Dad! I can't wait to see his pic, and like @Mrs squirreld: said, your experience is boosting my confidence that I can do it med-free too!

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: Congratulations! I had called you having a boy. Your bump looked very similar to mine. Aren't you just loving him?!

26. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@jetsa: Congratulations! I'm so excited for you, you are one strong mama! Sounds like you had a great labor!

27. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

I forgot to update, just had my 38/39 week appt. I am almost at 3cm and I had my membranes stripped, it was not real comfortable but wasn't as bad as I expected. I'm not holding my breath but I would be really excited if that got things moving!

28. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: he's gorgeous and has hair too!!!
    ! @MrsStormy: oooh that sounds promising!!! I didn't think the membrane strip was that bad either! A Pap smear is waaay worse.

29. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@jetsa: Aww those cheeks! So sweet!

30. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: he looks so much like you! We are obviously the hairy baby month of mamas. I'm so glad you were able to make it through the whole thing med free!

@mrsstormy: 3 cm is so close! With your membrane sweep I'd think you'd be pretty close to labor. Fx crossed your baby comes soon.

31. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: haha I reckon I'll break the hair trend. Both DH and I were pretty bald babies!

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: You never know! DH and I have blonde hair and our baby came out with dark brown hair - so anything can happen! So does your induction start at 2am tonight (our time)? Or is there another day to wait still? I'm so anxious to meet your little one!

OMG, this is totally TMI, but the first bowel movement after a c-section...oh gosh they don't warn you enough about that! I'm hoping all of you continue to have vaginal births and avoid that!

Also, I want to thank three amazing nurses who helped out during our delivery. I'm thinking of dropping off something for them tomorrow and while I wanted to do cookies, I'm not sure that the hospital would store them if they weren't around, so I'm thinking a Starbucks gift card instead? What do you think?

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: they were one on top of another at one point and so I told a very natural minded nurse and she turned it down and encouraged me that I could handle it.

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@mrbee: can you remove my last name from the post above? I got overly excited and spaced

35. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: How did you handle DH's mom. Did it become the issue you thought it would after the birth?

36. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jetsa: He is handsome! Congratulations!

37. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@jetsa: congratulations!!!!!

38. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: yep tonight for you. Less than 5 hours to go!

39. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: nope she was great. She sat in the waiting room quietly. Jack was in shock after birth and wasn't breathing well so jas and I held him and then they took him to the nursery for 30 minutes or so. She came back after that so almost 2 hours after birth and apparently isn't coming to the hospital tomorrow.

40. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm so excited for you. My advice for a natural birth on pitocin, contractions will start hard and fast but if they ever get overwhelming/back-to-back talk to your nurses because they probably should be that bad. I asked for an epidural twice, once about 2 hours in when they were coming back-to back, Chrissy came in watched them and turned the pitocin down. Secondly in transition, I asked for one and it took the anthiesolgist 30-60 mins and by the time he got there I was at a 9.5 and it was too late. Just my two cents but you can do it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee