Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Oh yay! I will be checking the thread continuously for updates. That's the one positive of bring up constantly with a newborn.

@jetsa: That's great news! I figured, since that was my own experience. Sometimes we freak out about little things but in the moment they totally don't matter. I'm glad Jack's shock didn't last too long!

2. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@mrsmoreau: @marionberry: yep. Do you use a paci? Jack was inconsolable and it worked like a charm but I'm trying to breastfeed.

3. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Had my first set of gels inserted. Was already having regular contractions so that is good. And apparently bubs head is already really far down which they were surprised about. So if when they break my waters I'm already well into labor they will let me keep going without the oxytocin drip so I'm excited about that but won't get my hopes up.

4. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: that's great! Oxytocin is what my iv bag actually said today so I guess pitocin is just a brand name or something.

5. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: yeah they don't call it that here... It must be the brand because oxytocin is the hormone that you naturally produce when in labor so this must be the artifical version

6. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: interesting. I'm working up my birth story now...before I forget anything.

7. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: awesome! Can't wait to read it!!

8. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: We do not use a paci or bottle because we're breast feeding. They say you shouldn't before the firsts month to avoid nipple confusion. I've found that if he cries there's always a reason...it may just take me awhile to figure it out. One time we had the same problem and I almost grabbed a paci out of desperation and tried one thing first. Of course it worked, so try to be patient.

@mrssquirreld: I'm so excited that you've started the pitocin and are well on your way. Since your baby has already moved down substantially I bet you have a quicker labor. Hang in there and pretty soon you'll have little Odin in your arms!

9. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: haven't had any pitocin yet. Just the gels inserted. Contractions are happening due to my own progress

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: I've decided to use one, it seems to be a personal preference issue, thank you. Jack always sucked on his hand inutero and can't when swaddled.

11. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@jetsa: if it makes you feel better, I've been using a paci since day two and she's completely breastmilk fed. She switches between breast and bottle with no problems so far (almost 6 weeks old). I do believe in nipple confusion, but luckily for us e isn't bothered by it. She gets a bottle rarely/only if necessary. It was either they or have her comfort suck me for hours on end!

@Mrs squirreld: so exciting! I hope you can go without oxytocin!

12. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Contractions are stronger and closer together, but not any longer yet. Getting checked and maybe a second gel shortly so hopefully we'll know our progress then!

13. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Congratulations mama! What a cutie! Looking forward to reading your birth story.

@Mrs squirreld: Yay for natural progress! Hope all goes smoothly and you get the labor experience you want. Keep us posted if you can.

AFM, embarrassing to admit but I'm having so much hip pain that DH is driving me to work. The walk from the parking garage to my office is at least 10 minutes when I wasn't pregnant but it's a lot of stairs and hills that I just don't want to deal with right now. I am also concerned driving since it's super painful to even lift my foot when I'm sitting. Had the heating pad on since 3am but it's not working and a hot shower didn't give me relief either.

14. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@Mrs squirreld: sooo exciting, praying for a quick, easy, oxytocin free labor!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MapleMoose: Don't be embarrassed! I openly admitted to my husband when he returned from traveling that I was very glad that I wouldn't have to drive anymore now that he is home. It just makes me so tired on top of already being tired and I didn't feel safe doing it.

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@evansjamie: Normally I have hip pain but not this bad before. I was lucky today because he is working from home so it wasn't a hassle to give me a ride. Otherwise we work in opposite directions (and different hours) so getting a ride would add a long time to his commute. I'm hoping this pain doesn't keep up. I have a huge presentation at work tomorrow and I don't want to look like an old lady hobbling around in front of everyone!

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MapleMoose: Good luck on your presentation! It sucks being in pain. My husband works in the opposite direction of me, but we only have one car so I'm thankful that he can work flexible hours in order to accommodate my more rigid schedule.

18. mrbee

admin / wonderful grape / 20724 posts

@jetsa: Your last name has been removed!

19. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@evansjamie: Thank you! I'm ready to just get the presentation over with at this point and focus on more important things.

20. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@jetsa congrats and doing it med free! Go you!

21. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

my contractions are only 1-2 minutes apart and lasting around 30secs... This I did not expect!! i havent even had any oxytocin yet. They aren't super painful but I'm pretty uncomfortable. They've given me something to help me sleep and hopefully my waters will break on their own overnight and it will all be a go. Otherwise ill be checked again in 9 hours!!! Urgh. Will try and update when I can.

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: That's fabulous progress on your own. Keep it up lady! Sleep well and hopefully when you wake up you'll be so much further along.

@jetsa: I'm sorry if my comment came off wrong. I certainly think every baby is different to deal with and I certainly don't think it's wrong to give your baby a paci. We've just chosen not to for right now based upon what we've read.

@maplemoose: Do NOT feel guilty for getting a ride! And I'm sure during your presentation people will only be focusing on you in a positive light. I'm sure coworkers are amazed at how all you're doing this far in your pregnancy.

23. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

She's here!! Baby Illumina (no name yet) arrived at 9:32am, measuring 6lbs 12oz. After a 28hr labour, I pushed for 45mins and she was out. I have a tiny tear that didn't require stitches. My pulse was super high (around 150) throughout so they're keeping us in for monitoring. BF is going ok, she had a great latch from the start just needs a little help occasionally.

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@illumina: She's beautiful! Congratulations!

25. mrsmoreau

apricot / 251 posts

@jetsa: we use a paci because one was introduced to em in the hospital. She has a very strong suckling reflex so it's either paci or comfort sucking which leaves me in quite a bit of pain. So far she has had some nipple confusion and she still occasionally refuses the paci cause she wants the real thing. We are working through our differences hahaha

26. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@illumina: She looks so tiny! Congratulations mama, she's gorgeous!

27. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

So many baby announcements lately! I'm loving it (and I'm jealous)! She is beautiful Illumina.

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I hope you are able to rest, you'll need energy for the next part!

@marionberry: Thank you, I needed that pep talk!

@illumina: Adorable! Congratulations mama!

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@illumina: What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! So glad you had so little pushing and barely a tear.

30. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

Thanks everyone! It's just me and the kiddo now as Dh had to leave us in hospital overnight. Baby's doing fine, but the doctors think I have an infection so I'll be starting antibiotics soon. I so want to go home, it sucks not being with Dh

@mrssquirreld: hope you are snuggling little squirrel soon!

@jetsa: sorry I think I missed your update, congrats on Jack he's gorgeous!

31. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Well even though I warned the doctor that I have an allergy to the adhesive they use with steri-strips I was apparently given what I am allergic to. Half of my belly is now covered in large, blistering hives which is causing much pain. Of course my doctor is out today and the one on call just told me to take Benadryl. My husband called them back and demanded I be seen today so we'll see what happens. In the meantime headed to my lactation appointment.

32. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Sorry guys!!! What a morning! After the 2nd set of gels, things escalated very quickly!!! Ill fill you all in later with my birth story! But we welcomed our son Eli Hawke ( yes we changed his name) into the world at 4.01am weighing in at 6 pounds, 10 ounces. I got my paid med free water birth & we are over the moon.

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Congratulations on your handsome boy!

34. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@marionberry: Oh no that does not sound fun. I hope they were able to fit you in for an appointment today and you find some relief.

@Mrs squirreld: So precious! Congratulations mama!

35. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: OMG he is so cute! I love his name! Glad you got everything you wanted. Wasn't he burn on his due date?

@maplemoose: I ended up in the ED because the dictor's office couldn't fit me in. I have some sort of infection but they're not sure what kind. I'm on a cream and antibiotic. It's extremely painful since tge oozing blisters cover half my belly. I'm not liking life right now.

36. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@Mrs squirreld: congratulations! Such a cutie, and I love his name!

AFM I just lost my mucus plug.... Not a piece, the whole dang thing, it was not what I expected, it was huge and really gross!

37. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MrsStormy: I'm jealous I didn't get to lose mine lol. I would've been curious to see it. At least it's a good labor sign!

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: he's beautiful.

@marionberry: I keep intending to go back and find the post but I wasn't offended by your post at all I was just in a haze so in sorry mine read that way.

39. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@illumina: oh my goodness so many babies this week! She's gorgeous mamma!

40. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@marionberry: Holy cow that sounds terrible! How are things going otherwise with healing from the c-section?

@MrsStormy: Lucky you! Your due date is close to mine so hopefully some of your labor progress can rub off on me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee