Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@tequiero21: How do you feel about boricha? I drank a lot of it (hot or cold) when I went through my water aversion a few weeks ago and it helped a lot. My mom sent me those organic instant bags to make a pitcher at a time.

2. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

I haven't had one of these days in a while, but I am UNCOMFORTABLY bloated. Like, I have to lean way back in my office chair and recline. I'm wearing some stretchy jeans with a belly band today and I feel like I'm just spilling out everywhere in an explosion of butt, hips, and gut. Speaking of which, my hips have gotten out of control!

3. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@gingerbebe: oooh, will have to look into that. I love boricha but it's kinda like out of sight, out of mind. If I have it, more likely to drink?

Omg, I am having this baby in less than four months! Ahhh! Getting nervous. I am not looking forward to taking care of a newborn again.

4. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!

So, this was THE. LONGEST. DAY. EVER. Met with 5 doctors and 2 ultrasound techs (or radiologists, they never said). It started badly, with the first high risk OB basically leaving us feeling like termination was the only option (after the first ultrasound of the day), but after going over to the fetal center at the Children's Hospital, I had a second ultrasound and we met with a neurosurgeon (one of the top surgeons in the country for hyrdocephaly in infants!), another high risk OB, and the head of the NICU, and we're feeling pretty hopeful. The ventricles are definitely very enlarged, but not quite as badly as originally thought (around 17 and 19mm, versus 20mm each). They did not get any larger in the 2 weeks between ultrasounds. Everything but the brain is perfectly on track growth and development-wise, and all the parts of the brain are present and developing, though some are small from being compressed by the extra fluid.

So all that to say, unless things progress badly, and we see pretty significant increases in the ventricle sizes, this baby is going to be *okay*. There will almost 100% definitely be developmental delays, but *probably* not super severe ones that would totally compromise quality of life for the baby or for us. Termination could still become a possibility (though we only have a couple weeks before we'll have to go to another state), but it's looking pretty unlikely. We're not out of the woods yet, but things are looking very hopeful.

And.... it's a GIRL!!

5. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Torchwood: i think hopeful was a really good option so all in all, great appointment! fx that everything continues to develop and baby GIRL does well! keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

6. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

@torchwood Yay, welcome to team Pink! I am so glad to hear that things aren't as bad as they seemed. KMFX that everything keeps heading in a good direction.

7. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@Torchwood: I'm so glad to hear your update! I'm glad you're feeling hopeful and have some answers. You must feel so relieved!

Congrats on your girl!

8. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@Torchwood: So glad to hear your update! I'm hopeful for you guys and for your little GIRL!!!

9. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@torchwood: Welcome to team pink! I'm so glad you got some answers. Here's to hoping that things continue to go well. We're all rooting for you and your sweet girl.

10. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@Torchwood: Congrats on your girl and getting answers!

11. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Thanks everyone! I woke up this morning, and the thought crossed my mind that, "omg, I'm having a baby!" The first doctor just had us so convinced that it was all over, that I'm feeling like I did with my first bfp (which, incidentally, was one year ago tomorrow) all over again.

So, we're doing a small gender reveal party with my family tomorrow. We're doing a cake, because that's easy, but anyone have any other ideas? We'll be taking votes as people arrive and I'll put up a sign with old wive's tales and what they point to.

Also, I asked the ultrasound tech, and she confirmed I have an anterior placenta. She was REALLY surprised that I said I've been feeling movement since at least 16 weeks, and consistent movement for at least a month now. Maybe baby girl is just way more active than I was thinking? Anyone else ever heard of this?

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

For those who want more details on our results (and have a lot of time, I'm long-winded) I did update my blog with everything that happened yesterday.

13. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Torchwood: oh I'm so glad that you're feeling hopeful and some excitement again. And YAY for a girl! Xoxo

14. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@SweetiePie: Can't believe it's a girl!

DH just booked us a couple's massage for Mother's Day! JUST what I need right now, to finally release all the tension from this stress! (And I prefer couple's over being by myself, so it's not weird that he's getting one for Mother's Day too. Maybe I can convince him to do the same for Father's Day, so I can have another then!)

15. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Torchwood: sounds like a great way to spend Mother's Day!

For 2+ mamas, when did you notice swelling? I've got some serious cankles going on right now. We did a little but of walking this morning (maybe 30 minutes at BRU) but I've mostly been off my feet today. I'll be 22w tomorrow. Does this sound normal? I didn't notice swelling with Chloe until I was into my third tri.

16. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Hi guys. I'm at L&D. I got rear ended this morning at a red light and had some soreness so they had me come in. Getting monitored and hoping I didn't rupture anything. Will keep you posted.

17. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Ok I just got released. Baby is moving around, no abruption and no contractions. I am pretty sore all over but they say everything looks good. I have a regular appointment Tuesday. Whew.

18. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@gingerbebe: So glad everything is okay! Hope the soreness goes away soon too.

19. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Torchwood: I read your blog, sounds like u are in good hands! Hope the gender party reveal goes well! Btw, I guess u and your mom were wrong about the sex!!!

I would love to do a couples massage, but my hubby hates massages. I don't mind doing it myself tho.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I don't think 22w is too early for swelling, prolly depends on the pregnancy. I never really got swelling with my first pregnancy and haven't had any with this one, so can't say.

@gingerbebe: o no!!! Hope everything is ok. Better to take precaution.

20. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@gingerbebe: phew! Good to hear! Dang people! Pay attention!

21. Mrs. Jump Rope

@gingerbebe: so glad you are okay! How frightening

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@tequiero21: Yep, we were totally wrong! I can't wait to see her reaction. She really wants a girl (and has bought some very girly clothes), but she's super sure it's a boy! It's going to kill her claim of a 100% accuracy rate on predicting!

23. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

So, I might have just announced to my guild on Star Wars that baby is a girl and she's not gonna die (cause how else am I supposed to phrase it). Keeping in mind that this is a group that's probably made up of mostly teenage boys. I just can't keep it in because I'm so happy and relieved. And yeah, it's not definite, she still might not be okay, but I just feel so much better!

24. Mrs. Jump Rope

@tequiero21: I slept with my feet propped up last night, and when I got up at 4am to pee they were freaking huge. My toes looked like little sausages. I woke back up at 8 and they were normal size. I remember swelling with Chloe so bad at 27 weeks.. We were at a wedding & I had to take my shoes off. I was DD that night and drove home barefoot. I couldn't get my flip flops on! I'm guessing as log as I don't have swelling in my face/hands and there's no protein in my urine I'm in the safe zone.

We had this realization last night that there is only 17 weeks left in this pregnancy. I felt like time stood still when I was pregnant with Chloe, but this is racing by.. We bought our crib yesterday & I have to order the bedding. Then it's just a matter of bringing stuff down from the attic to clean and air out.

25. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

DH felt her kick for the first time last night! He could have sooner, but with everything he didn't really want her to seem too "real" until we knew she was okay. I'm so happy to see him getting interested and excited again!

So, what are the odds that I get through the early part of this gender reveal party without slipping and saying "her?" I thought it would take some getting used to, but now it feels like of *course* she's a girl, and that's all she could ever have been!

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@torchwood so glad you had a good appointment. Fingers crossed that everything continues to go well!!

@gingerbebe hope you are okay!

@mrs. jump rope have you called your doc? that sounds like a lot of swelling for so early! (not that I really know but better to check in!)

27. Mrs. Jump Rope

@psw27: No, I haven't. I actually haven't swelled since that night. Maybe I ate a lot of salt? Who knows.. I will talk to her about it at my next appointment, though!

Peanut gave me a bit of a scare today. I didn't feel her move much yesterday or this morning. I drank a glass of orange juice & laid on my left side, and bam! Movement. Whew!

28. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrs. jump rope that's good that it has gone down. Funny how something happens one day but not the next.. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing.

29. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I hate when she does that! Thankfully every time I start to worry she starts wiggling shortly thereafter. Glad she did the same!

30. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I know! I have less than four months! Hope your swelling stays down. Sounds so uncomfy.

So I held a newborn today, four weeks. It is not like riding a bike! Lol. Definitely will take some getting used to. Sigh. But they really are precious.

31. Mrs. Jump Rope

@tequiero21: aww! We held our friends 3mo & she felt like a feather. So sweet and squishy!!

My mother in law got me a plum pretty sugar robe for my birthday. I'm never taking this off. It is so comfortable and snuggly. I wanted a robe for when Charlotte was born & having one now is even better.

32. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@tequiero21: Ah! I love newborn snuggles! I held a 2 week old at Easter and it was kind of terrifying. My husband and I were both freaking out...like, we're going to have one of those that belongs to us in a couple months! So weird.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I was in the midst of morning sickness for my birthday and all I asked my husband for was a robe. And then we got it for me I cried (happy tears). Ha! A good comfy robe is the best!!

33. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

Now that we know we're having a girl, and I can kind of March an identity to this baby, I just want September to hurry up and get here already! I can't wait to meet her!

34. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Weagle: did I miss this?! Congratulations!!

35. Mrs. Jump Rope

We plan on getting the baby a dresser from ikea. It's about an hour away from us and kind of a pain to get to, so I looked to see if I can order online and have it delivered.

You can. For $99. The shipping is almost as much as the dresser! Holy shit. Guess we will be driving out there after all.

36. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Thanks! We just had the anatomy scan yesterday

37. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

Does anyone have names picked out for their little ones yet? Love hearing names! Were almost positive our little guy will be Graham. Still deciding on a middle name....Opinions on what sounds the best?

Graham William (DH's middle name)
    Graham Michael
    Graham James (My Dads middle name)

38. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Hey y'all. Been zonked out since the fender bender on Saturday. I feel okay other than a little soreness in my lower back, but with the adrenaline and hustling back and forth from L&D, I was just so tired. I slept basically the entire weekend.

I had my regular monthly appointment today. The NP said baby's recent heart pictures look perfect and he's perfectly healthy....BUT.

(There's always a but.)

Apparently I have a complete placental previa (as in the placenta is completely sitting on top of my cervix). Unlike a partial previa, it is very unlikely it will move out of the way by showtime, so we have to be hyper vigilant about bleeding (any spotting and I have to go into L&D immediately) AND I have to have a C-section at 39 weeks (so September 6th-ish).

So little man is calling the shots here. I thought I'd be having a normal vaginal birth, but now we're scheduling C-sections. We were going to go to Hawaii in July for a babymoon, but not so much anymore. We were trying to decide between 2 hospitals, (one is closer and newer but handles low-risk routine births, while one's farther but has a well-regarded NICU), but now we're definitely going to the one with the NICU. Its funny how all your plans change in a second!

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well!

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: There's a name thread- http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/september-2014-mamas-name-ideas if you want to see what others are thinking. I vote for William, but I'm partial because we were considering that at one time.

@gingerbebe: I can definitely relate on plans changing in a minute! From planning an all-natural vaginal birth with midwives, to a scheduled c-section with high risk ob's over here! But hey, my EDD was the 6th, so maybe you at least could have a baby on that day for me.

Speaking of, DH's b-day is August 23rd, when I'll be exactly 38 weeks. Reckon they'd schedule a c-section on a Saturday so she could be born on his birthday? He likes the idea. I'd *hate* to share my b-day, so that's actually a silver lining on all this (have to take them where I can find them!), since my b-day is Sep 2nd and now there's no way she'll stay in that long.

Anyway, sorry you're dealing with the extra stress! Lots of positive, healthy thoughts going your way!

40. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Just posted a name question on our bump thread, because it's our only gold thread. Can ya'll go see what you think, if you get a chance?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee