Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@tequiero21 oh me too but this was different and my whole stomach was getting rock hard in waves every few minutes. It was different from normal so I was worried... Seems better now!

2. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@psw27: sounds like Braxton hicks. Looks like a lot of us are getting it early on.

3. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

Hello, everyone! I'm new and checking in. We just found yesterday that we are having a girl. Her name is Charlotte Helen. I knew as soon as I got pregnant that she was a girl- I have had dreams of her before and after becoming pregnant, always a girl.

Estimated Due Date (EDD):
    Sept 23, confirmed by my anatomy scan on April 28

When Did You Find Out?:
    January 12, although I knew 4 dpo (January 6) because I was nauseous for several hours, which was very unusual for me. All week I kept telling my husband I was pregnant but of course, he didn't believe me until he saw the positive HPT.

Child Number:
    One

Where You Live:
    Ossining, NY

What kind of provider will you see?:
    My regular OBGYN, although there are two doctors and two midwives in the office (in a hospital) so they like you to meet with all of them during the pregnancy since they can't guarantee who will be on call when you deliver.

What kind of birth do you want?:
    As natural as possible. I would go for a home birth with a doula if my husband would go for it.

What You're Most Excited For:
    Right now I can't stop thinking about cute baby socks. I love cute socks, and I really hope I can find some "Mommy and Me" kind of sets so we can match. Oh, and I'm also looking forward to using Baby Signing.

What You're Most Scared About:
    That we won't have our little one-bedroom apartment ready for her when she's born.

Cravings:
    Nothing specific, really. My body is just craving healthy food. I have no interest in greasy stuff anymore, and I'm not big on meat. Never been vegetarian before, but I feel like I'm borderline now.

Pictured: Charlotte's first teddy bear, given to me by my parents at the gender scan when it confirmed my intuition that baby is a girl. (They didn't even buy a blue one just in case.) I announced the gender by texting this picture to friends, then posted it on Facebook after certain people had replied to the text.

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@tequiero21 It did seem early!

@butterflyprism welcome! congrats on baby girl!

Just had my anatomy scan... the gender is in a sealed envelope with my DH to be opened tonight!! Everything else looked great, which is a huge relief. Now... I wait until tonight - tick tock tick tock!

5. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@psw27: Wohoo!! So exciting! And so glad to hear everything looked ok at the scan.

6. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

@Butterflyprism: Welcome! We have the same due date

Today is a big transportation strike in London, most of the subway is not running and getting around is pretty chaotic. I'm working from home and I have to admit I was secretly hoping the strike wouldn't be called off, it's so nice not to have to do the commute and be able to work from the couch with my feet up. I've even done some laundry and have lasagna cooking in the oven ready for when DS and DH get home.

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@London mama that sounds like a much more relaxing way to work! I wish my office allowed us to work from home, I loathe commuting!

8. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@butterflyprism: Welcome!! And congrats on your baby girl

9. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

thanks @littlebit I was really nervous for some reason. Always nice to see the little bean

10. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Really frustrated with my mom. I've already made it clear that we're putting baby stuff on hold until we have some kind of idea whether this pregnancy is going to make it. And she still brought over more baby clothes and books she bought this weekend, and made me come out to look at the infant tub she bought for her house. Does it not occur to her that having a house full of baby stuff might be just a *little* upsetting if we lose this one? Not to mention that I told her not to buy a tub, because why on earth would she need one? I won't be leaving any babies when they're still small enough to require an infant tub, nor will I bring them to her house to bathe.

11. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Oh, but we have decided that if baby cooperates, we're finding out the gender at this ultrasound. We'll confirm with the amnio if we have one. Figure no matter how it plays out, we'd rather know at this point. So that's something to look forward to that's sort of positive, to keep it from being so scary.

12. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

@Torchwood: I'd be frustrated with that as well, it sounds like your mom is not thinking about the possibility that your pregnancy may not going to have a happy outcome, which in a way is very supportive and sweet but I can see how it could also be really upsetting if that is a big worry of yours. And as for the bath tub, totally understand - my MIL buys all sorts of things for her house and LO still hasn't spent the night, she keeps saying (in broken English) 'it's better I have'. Some days I get super annoyed because I feel she's intruding on my territory and other days I just shrug it off as her way of getting involved.

13. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@London Mama: God, those days are the best. Its like gaining 2-3 hours of your life!

@psw27: Congrats - can't wait to find out what you're having!

@butterflyprism: Welcome and congrats!

@Torchwood: I think its just hard for the grandparents some times because they are super excited and want to express that excitement somehow and we wont always let them. Because for them, its more about the baby than our feelings. And for us, its about managing our fear and anxiety. I just see it as a precursor to how things will be after we have kids - my mom will always love me, but she's going to be fixated more on her grandkids than my feelings.

I've had repeated losses and my mom always insists everything is going to be fine. Which she obviously doesn't know for sure, but its her way of injecting positive optimism into the situation and rooting for the baby. She always tells me to talk to the baby and tell him he's going to be just fine and that he needs to grow big and strong. "He needs to know we all love him and want him here." While something like that is hard in the context of "what if we lose this one too," its also very sweet to think about from her perspective. Grandma really wants you here, she loves you already, she's getting all ready for you, and can't wait to meet you.

Also - be glad your mom just bought a tub! As soon as BIL's wife got pregnant last fall, my MIL went out and bought a full on glider set for her guest room. I don't think my SIL was more than 8 weeks at the time?? My FIL said she just got a bug in her butt about it and he could NOT talk her out of it. She just had to have it. I think it was her way of acknowledging that she was really going to be a granny.

14. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@butterflyprism: welcome!!!

@psw27: woman, u keeping us in suspense! I can only imagine how excited u must be feeling. Lol.

@Torchwood: I know how frustrating it is. Let's just hope and pray all is well with this lil one.

15. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@psw27: I'm in suspense! Any special plans for tonight?

@Torchwood: that would make me feel unsettled, too. An you talk to her about it? I would be honest and clear with your wants/needs in this time of uncertainty. I think it's great she's optimistic, but she still needs to respect your feelings. At the very least, I'd ask her to keep everything at her house and not talk to me about it.

Your appointment is Friday, right?

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@London Mama: @Mrs. Jump Rope: @tequiero21: @gingerbebe: Thanks for the support/commiseration. I did mention again when she brought these over that maybe she should just keep anything else for now. She's declared that SHE'S optimistic, and SHE'S not going to assume the worst (her emphasis when she said it). And she made a comment the other day to the effect that she thinks I'm being unhealthy in how I'm handling it. I'm not assuming the worst! I'm not running out and buying DragonCon tickets (it's on my actual due date) because I've decided that this one just won't make it! I'm just waiting at this point. It's not like I'm short on time to get things ready for LO. A week more won't hurt. If she does anything else or makes anymore comments, I'll say something again.

That's not actually all she's bought. Aside from a ton of clothes and books, she's gotten the tub, a pack-n-play, a cover for a grocery cart seat, and a bouncearoo. The pack-n-play is the only one I'd classify as a reasonable need, but even then, I will not be leaving baby for a LONG time, so she's going way overboard. I get that she's excited, but she's also super broke and planning too far in advance in my opinion. Oh well. As long as she keeps it at her house.

And yes, appointment is Friday morning. Not really sure how definitive it will be, since there are a lot of unknowns no matter what, but we should at least learn *something.*

17. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Torchwood: well, you can't tell her how to spend her money. You can, however, decide how much time baby spends at her house. Try not to let her over eagerness get to you.

I would definitely ask her to not mention any future purchases, too. It sounds like it stresses you out!

18. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Torchwood: I understand! My mom did similar things with this pregnancy. I had a MC in November so I kept telling her I wasn't comfortable buying ANYTHING or doing ANYTHING until our NT scan. But she pushed and pushed at every turn. It was really frustrating. Then she would get all hurt when I refused to bring the items in my house.

Good luck at your appointment Friday! And I'm glad you guys decided to find out - it'll be something nice to look forward to. Cross my fingers and thinking about you guys!

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: @Littlebit: Thanks. I'm just going to have to let her know I'm serious, I think.

This whole keeping it to ourselves until we know more thing is confusing! My aunt just texted me something about natural childbirth, and I was so confused as to why she's still thinking we're going that route (odds are very good that I'll have to do a c-section, because with baby's brain already under pressure, they're not going to want to make that worse with all the squishing that goes on in the birth canal). I did catch myself before texting anything about that though. I keep forgetting that everyone in the world except ya'll and our parents have no idea that this isn't a textbook perfect pregnancy.

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

I'm sorry @torchwood, I think parents forget that there is a lot of worry and anxiety that comes with pregnancy. It is nice she is staying positive but it sounds like she is being a bit insensitive to your feelings. I'm glad you guys are finding out, I think that will be a really positive highlight to the day (and hopefully accompanied by other good news, fingers crossed).

21. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@tequiero21 @mrs. jump rope I know! I've been getting flack about the suspense all day! The "moms" are not happy with us for waiting. We aren't doing anything too crazy, we just had a bakery frost a cupcake in the appropriate gender color. (Its a Crumbs cupcake too so I'm super excited to eat it! If any of you know about Crumbs!)

22. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Oh my word, I was trapped in a hearing from 9am to almost 1pm this morning. I stumbled out of there lightheaded and needing to eat but I went back to my office first and had 2 voicemails and a client e-mail waiting for me. I tried to get those dispensed of before I went and grabbed lunch and now I'm sitting in the worst food coma after having had a huge burger and fries! I have a meeting at 3pm and I don't know how I'm going to sit through it, I'm so sleepy. Ugh working.

23. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@psw27: Sooo....how was the cupcake?!

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@boogs it's a... Boy!

25. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@psw27: Yay!!!! Congrats! Boys are ruling this thread! Welcome to the club It took me a while to adjust to the idea of a boy but now I just love it!

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Thanks @sweetiepie - I've thought it was a boy the whole time so I would have been shocked if it was a girl!

27. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Congrats Psw27! You might as well start baby proofing the house now, more so for the safety of your possessions than the baby as there's no limit on the power of destruction of little boys! We have a boy who'll be 2 in the summer and I've given up the idea of having anything nice looking in the house for the next few years. Love it though, their energy is amazing!

28. Mrs. Jump Rope

@psw27: yay! Congrats!!

29. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Is anyone else sort of looking forward to it being May 1st tomorrow? Feels like a milestone entering the month of May, 4 months and counting down. Some days it feels like pregnancy is never ending and like I've been pregnant for a life time already and other days due date is approaching faster than I'd like.

30. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@psw27: Congrats on your boy! I have 2 nephews and they are a lot of fun.

31. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@psw27: woo hoo! Definitely lots of boys for sept! So exciting! I had a feeling mine was a boy too. Wonder how many of us were right on our instincts.

@London Mama: as of last night, I will be having the baby in exactly 4 months!!!

32. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@psw27: Congrats, mama! I updated the genders list with yours

My anatomy scan is today at 2:30! Can't wait

33. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Littlebit: Excited for you! Any feeling one way or the other?

34. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Pancakes: In the beginning I was SURE it was a girl. Now I'm still leaning slightly that way (and it's what most everyone has guessed so far) but I'm not as confident anymore. We'll see!

35. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Can I went about in-laws please? I always feel guilty when I do because they do help us a lot but sometimes it's just too much for me. Today I'm working from home again due to the transportation strike, FIL has spent the last 5 hours in the garden building a brick wall (appreciate his help greatly) and he just told me he's spoken to BIL and told him to drop his kids who are 5 and 7 off at our house for the rest of the day. Eh what? I'm working and can't look after them, and although they're lovely kids I know they won't leave me alone which isn't a problem normally but I need to finish work on time so I can go pick up DS from daycare. You'd think before you invited someone's kids to another person's house you'd at least ask them if it was ok first.... sigh, I guess I'll bribe them with ice cream and finish up my work later on tonight after DS is asleep.

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited! My mom has already started with the baby clothes... I think she knows more about the latest and greatest stuff than I do

Ugh @London mama that sounds annoying... why does BIL need to drop them off? Does FIL not understand that just because you are "home" doesn't mean you aren't "at work"? Annoying!! Maybe they will want to help FIL in the garden?

37. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@psw27: Congrats!!!

@London Mama: I would just leave a pile of snacks on the dinner table, go lock myself in my room, and leave the kids to your FIL!

38. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Thanks @gingerbebe, so excited! Now maybe I can get my nursery ideas narrowed down!

39. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@psw27: Yay another boy!!!

@tequiero21: My instinct was right! I wonder how it also compares to the Chinese gender chart? Mine said girl...

40. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@litlebit I can't wait to hear what you are having! hooray!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee