Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

I have just a few words: third trimester insomnia. Kill me now.

Also, 2nd timers, are you having a hard time with names? Especially if you're having another of the same sex? We've narrowed it down to three, but this is so hard!

2. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

@Weagle: yep, posted about the name stress earlier this morning. Find it so difficult to pick a name. If you've narrowed it down to three you're almost there, do you and DH like all names or do you each have your own top pick?

Here you on the insomnia, don't know how many times I'm awake in the night these days. Not fun.

3. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@London Mama: We like, but don't love, all three. He has one favorite and I have another. LO's name was so easy!

4. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@London Mama: We don't have our name yet! We have a top 2, but I think at this point we're just going to wait til he's here. I like both names, but I'm kind of holding out for something *better* but haven't found it yet? It's annoying the crap out of me, because I had my girls name completely set.

@Weagle: Girl. I hear you! I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in a week. I am so miserable!

5. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@London Mama: can you make out any body parts? Belly mapping should be relatively easy now that baby is much bigger!

I have a butt sticking up out under my ribs, and I can feel her head very low in my pelvis. Based on movement, I imagine her to be tucked like she's doing a cannon ball. I can tell she's in the correct position.

6. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@London Mama: My DH was just in London for a week and said the lack of AC was brutal! Hope things cool down a bit for you!

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Weagle: Sometimes I wonder if I ever even really fell asleep. I also am sleeping on my back lately, which I know you aren't supposed to do but my hips are killing me! My NP said that I would roll over if I was cutting off blood supply so lets hope she is right - it worries me every time I wake up like that.

@mrs. jump rope: yes to the butt in the ribs!

8. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

UGH HB ate my post.

Basically:

1. We have a first name for the kid, but cannot decide on a middle name. We are just purely stumped and its annoying the both of us. We're not even disagreeing, we just can't think of a good one.

2. Pregnancy insomnia isn't so much an issue as getting up a million times to pee. I'm up and down all night between peeing and getting more water.

3. I can't baby map my belly yet, but I when I feel my tummy is lopsided, I assume its his butt sticking out. I feel kicks in my ribs, which I think are his feet, so I assume he's head down.

4. DH and I might sound like the flakiest parents ever, but we're thinking of skipping the hospital tour. We're going to deliver at this hospital no matter what (Level III NICU) and I've already been to L&D enough times that I know how to get inside. I don't really care what the rooms look like, mostly because its the biggest, nicest, newest hospital our HMO runs in the area and they are all private suites with daddy beds. Am I going to miss out on something if I don't go?

9. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@gingerbebe: You will not miss out if you don't go on the tour. If you know where to go when the time comes, that's what matters. The hospital tour was the only class we took, but it was a good thing because we never even knew that part of the hospital existed. That would have been a pretty stressful search in the heat of the moment.

10. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Weagle: You are my spirit animal.

11. Mrs. Jump Rope

@gingerbebe: I was glad we did the hospital your. I was familiar with where to go (like you, is been there a few times!) but we also got a few booklets and handouts about visitors and policies. It wasn't until the tour that I learned three support people were allowed in the room at a time, and my husband counted as a support person.

If your OB can give you that kind of information, then I would skip the tour!

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@gingerbebe: We are doing the tour but only because I literally have no idea where the hospital is. I know the general area but I want DH to know where to park, what floor to take the elevator to and all of that good stuff. I'm an over-planner so being prepared is soothing to me. If you know all that stuff then skip it!

13. Mrs. Jump Rope

I'm 34.5 weeks and my contractions are really starting to pick up, especially when I am active. Chloe and I ran to target this morning for a birthday card & some groceries, and I had a hard time walking and pushing the cart while corralling her. I am SO READY to be done.

As of Monday I am 1cm and 30% effaced. It doesn't mean anything but I'm holding out hope that this baby will continue to make me progress and I can safely deliver a healthy baby! It's making me wonder if I can VBAC before my schedule section.

14. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Had my 33-week appt this morning...breezed in and out. She thinks baby is head down, which would be great. The big thing will be checking on the previa in a couple of weeks. So I go back on the 15th, and then every week after that. So yeah...guess I should start getting ready to have a baby!

@gingerbebe: I agree that you probably don't need to do it since you're already familiar with the hospital. We are doing the tour, but it's a new hospital to us, and even though my OB practice is there I don't even know which floor L&D is on!

15. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Woah! You are getting so close! They won't do internal examinations on me until 36 weeks so I won't know what's going on for a few more weeks! Baby boy still feels relatively high, so I *think* he's still snug in there.

16. Mrs. Jump Rope

@gingerbebe: ohh it wasn't a planned check. I was in triage Monday because we thought my water broke.

It didn't.

Fun times!

17. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

Would anyone be interested in a private facebook group? I can set it up if there's interest. May be easier for updates and keeping up with each other?

18. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Littlebit: I would!

19. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@littlebit: I would, too!

20. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: @Pancakes: Can you guys wall me your names? I have to add friends at first, but once the group is made I should be able to invite others by email.

21. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@littlebit: walled you!

22. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

I just made the facebook group! It's totally private and secret - so nothing will show up on your newsfeed. If you'd like to be added just wall me your email address or name and I'll add you!

23. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Littlebit: Can you only wall privately if you have Gold?

24. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@gingerbebe: hm. I think I can still post on your wall in gold? I'll post my name on your page - and then you can friend me and I'll add you!

25. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@gingerbebe: i think so, but u can do it, and delete it within a short period of time?

26. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@tequiero21: @LittleBit figured it out for me!

27. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

Everyone who requested so far should be added

28. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

Just caught up with about a week of posts. Phew!

I only get 6 weeks off for baby (for vaginal delivery, 8 for c-sec), but it's only paid if I saved up vacation time and sick days. I think I MIGHT have just about enough paid time off to cover 6 weeks, though I'm praying my hubby gets something full time with benefits QUICK so that I can take more time off.

Nursery is basically done, which is a relief. I've been sleeping on the couch for over a week now because it's easier to get myself up to pee, and I actually sleep better there. And I got a stroller that matches the high chair on Sunday, for $60 at Once Upon a Child (consignment store) - awesome deal on the price, AND we don't have to put it together.

Got a lot of clothes at the baby shower, and not much stuff from the registry. But we did get two gift cards totaling $100 to Babies R Us, which is where we registered, so that will definitely help. And the swing we got turns out to have a crappy motor, so we're getting about another $120 on a gift card when we return it this weekend. I'm not 100% sold that we need a swing after all, though, so we may use that on things we don't get from the registry too... like diapers and wipes!

Finally got my glucometer in the mail on Monday, two and a half weeks after I was diagnosed with GD! However, it was in time to bring to my appointments that morning with the diabetic educator and the nutritionist. Two days and I'm already sick of counting carbs and sticking my fingers for glucose testing. I'm a picky eater anyway, so that makes meal planning even harder because I get so bored of the foods I'm both allowed to eat and enjoy eating. I'm not allowed to have any sweets/desserts, of course, but I'm also not supposed to have fruit or fruit juice.... I am adding applesauce and apple juice to my list of foods I want brought in the hospital after she's born, along with a deli turkey sandwich.

29. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Today was pay day and we're entering my last month at work (aka my last full pay period), so my "nesting" has become "intense couponing and hoarding stuff we'll need while I'm on maternity leave."

At this point, between my intense couponing for toiletries in June, diaper and baby toiletry stashing in July, and my couponing/online dealing this past week for Christmas presents, new running shoes for me and DH, dietary supplements, and household/personal care products, I seriously think we have most of what we need to survive for the next 6 months. Half of DH's closet is toilet paper right now. LOL.

On the baby front, I ordered a custom Etsy print for the baby nook wall and put our deposit down for our newborn photos. Oh, and I booked our placenta encapsulation. (Did I mention we decided to do this?) I have had depression in the past and it was actually DH who was really wanting me to look into it because its supposed to help with recovery and post-partum depression, so we're gonna do it! Can't hurt right?

Tomorrow is the Just Between Friends consignment event in our town. I've never been, but I've heard its just a massive baby/kid consignment sale that is the best/largest of its kind. DH is curious to see what we can score for cheap - has anyone gone to a JBF event before? Is it worth it?

30. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Are most of you doing newborn photos? We ended up not doing them with L, and since she was in the NICU, I really didn't care at the time. I would like to do them this time around, but they are very expensive! The least expensive I've found so far is $400 for the shoot and the digital images.

31. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@gingerbebe: I've heard of JBF but I've never been and they don't come to my city. They do come to one about 30 minutes away though...I may have to go next time. I'm definitely interested!

@Pancakes: We're doing them! Actually just put down the deposit this week. Ours was $250 for the shoot and digital images. The photographer I REALLY wanted was $450 but my husband put his foot down. I like the photographer we're going with, but if I had unlimited budget I would have gone with someone else probably.

My boss purchased the ones they do through the hospital and I was surprised at how nice they are!

32. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@Pancakes: We are, kind of. We usually do family pictures every fall, so we'll just do a half-newborn/family type thing. I just need to decide if I want them to be when she's brand new or wait a month or so. Our regular photographer is moving overseas though, so I have to find someone new. I'm really sad!

33. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: Yes, we are. I think given the time and effort it takes to pose a newborn baby, the extra cost seemed reasonable to me when compared to my engagement shoot. DH seemed to think $350 was a lot too until I explained it to him this way. Afterwards he agreed and was like BOOK IT.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our wedding photographer but we decided to go with local photographers for our newborn pics. They specialize in newborn photos so I decided we'd wait on calling our wedding photographer for family portraits when the time comes.

The reason I mention my wedding photographer is that we paid her $250 for an hour-long engagement shoot where we drove in and met her on location somewhere. I had my hair, make-up, and nails done and I bought new outfits for the shoot. We walked around and posed for an hour and got 80-85 digital images from that session that were fantastic and worth every penny.

In contrast, we're paying $350 for our newborn photographers. Our photographers insist that the best photos happen in the first 2 weeks of life, preferably in the first week of life, because that's when the babies sleep the most and are easiest to maneuver. For us, there will be 2 photographers coming to our house with a mobile studio with all the props, so no need to buy special outfits unless we really want them. They say the sessions run 2-3 hours because, well, babies are babies and they are going to poop, pee, eat, scream, etc. The session will yield us 30-50 photos, depending on how cooperative the baby is and if we want or if its possible, they will try to capture a few images at the end with mom and dad.

34. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Littlebit: My friend just FBed me and said JBF was totally worth it for her - she got a learning tower for her daughter for $60! I want to get in on the action because there are 3 cities within 30 minutes of us that have JBF sales throughout the year and if nothing else, it will give me a place to unload all the baby crap as we grow out of it. You can consign your stuff with JBF but if it doesn't sell, you can either choose to take it back or have them donate it. Seems like a win-win to me!

DH says he's interested in checking it out because we would really hate for our friends/family to buy us junk at full price that our kid ends up hating. But if we can try a bouncer or jumparoo or swing for a few bucks and then consign/donate it later, awesome!

35. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@gingerbebe: Get pictures of you and DH with LO! I so treasure those pictures with LO. Sadly, we didn't get any alone of LO and DH during her newborn shoot, and I didn't notice during the session. DH did but didn't want to say anything. We both really wish we had some.

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Pancakes: I want to do them but I haven't found a photographer yet. I don't know who to ask. I guess I should start a post and see if other Boston bees have someone that they like.

@gingerbebe: you are impressive with your organization and planning! I need to step it up but I am so tired lately... this weekend will hopefully be really productive!

37. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@butterflyprism: bummer about the dietary restrictions. That would make me want to eat that stuff even more! I don't know what I would do if they said no fruit, I've been living on fruit!

38. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Weagle: Good tip! thank you!

39. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

GIVE ME ALL THE OREOS. I don't know what's wrong with me today but its all I want.

40. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

We're not doing new born photos, I'd love to do some family photos in the spring when the weather is nicer and baby is a bit older.

DH's birthday is coming up in about 3 weeks and I've really been struggling to come up with something for a gift, he works hard and life is only going to get busier with another baby so want to get him something nice to show my appreciation. And I finally came up with the perfect present: a day off! I've contacted his manager and squared it with work and will let him sleep in, then probably either take him (or send him) shopping and throw in a steak lunch.

I don't know about you but I'm very excited it's finally August and I'm able to say "I'm having a baby next month", or when people ask when I'm due I can actually reply "next month".

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee