Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: My insurance covers the Ameda ones but I wanted a Medela so I just used our FSA for it. I've been doing freezer meals since June and we've already been eating them - they are a godsend as I get more and more tired and run down through the end of my pregnancy! I just make more of what we're having for dinner, let it cool to room temp, and then portion it up into individual containers for the freezer.

2. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@psw27: Congrats! Hoping for continued improvement over the next few weeks!

3. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: I'm getting a double through insurance. I already have a single that I know works well from LO. I'd like a double for convenience, but I'm a SAHM and don't need to do any heavy duty pumping. I'll take whatever insurance gives me. It's listed as Ameda, but I'm going to ask for a Medela just to see what they say.

4. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@psw27: Congrats! Glad all is well!

I'm flying solo, possibly for the next couple of weeks while DH unexpectedly had to go out of town for work. Hoping baby doesn't come while he is gone because we have projects to finish, including actually pulling out and preparing all the baby stuff.

5. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@psw27: yayyyyyy!!! Our first baby! Congratulations!! Keeping you both in my thoughts still!

6. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@psw27: congrats!!! So glad for healthy baby! Praying his stay in nicu is short!

7. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@psw27: congrats mama! best wishes for a short NICU stay for baby and an easy recovery for you

8. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

My csection was scheduled! 28 days to go.

9. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Ah! Crazy!! What's the birth day?

10. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Littlebit: September 2!

11. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yay, I'm so glad you got the date you wanted! What a nice thing to look forward too over Labor Day weekend!

Things are still rolling along here. Work is going to start going crazy next week, so I'm trying to plan ahead!

Did a DIY project last night while watching Lamaze class DVDs with DH (got through 2 lessons!) Our friends gave us this cute kid's stool with an owl painted on it, but the owl was this weird pink/salmon color, so I repainted the owl brown.

Washed and folded all the bub's clothes, blankets, and burp cloths and organized them by size. Started packing my hospital bag. Found my yoga ball in the garage (and the pump!). Cleaned and inflated it (and rolled around on it for a while, oof my back/hips are killing me!) Ordered a 10ft. long charger cord for my iPhone.

Made a crockpot of soup for dinner/freezer. (Its been over 100 degrees and then got randomly cooler/rainier the last 2 days!) Packed our lunches and snacks for the week.

Now I'm pooped! Time for some caffeine...

12. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@psw27: congrats! Praying your little boy is healthy enough to go home very quickly!

13. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@gingerbebe: Man, you are on a roll!

I'm kind of at a stand still at the moment. Finally got the pediatrician picked. Still need to bump up our life insurance policies, pack hospital bags, and finish buying the little things. We still have a shower coming up on the 17th so I need to wait to buy anything else until after that. So I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs at the moment! I've made a hospital bag list, but a lot of the items we'll bring are things we need to grab at the last moment. So there isn't much I can actually do right now!

Birth classes start next week, and I'm really excited for those! Though, if baby doesn't flip they may be all for nothing (c-section).

14. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: So crazy! Less than a month is just mind boggling to me.

15. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@gingerbebe: I'm jealous of your productivity! I'm spending all my time packing up and purging instead of organizing and prepping! Glad I have 7(+?) weeks left because at this point it feels like I will need all of it!

Ladies, share your recipes for freezer meals! I'm hoping to spend my last week or two before my due date slowly building up a supply of food.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yay! That is so close.

16. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@LatteLove: Don't worry - the purging is the hardest/best part. We donated like 4 trash bags of stuff this weekend and I'm so relieved its out of the house. We still need to go through DH's closet and clear out a LOT of junk in the garage - like I think we may need to call a junk hauler guy. We have TONS of boxes we need to break down too but our recycling bin is full so I have to parse it out over several weeks unless we want to drive to the dump (drives me nuts!)

I opened a few drawers yesterday and realized they are crazytown. How does a screwdriver, postage stamps, hot sauce packets, washi tape, coins, and toothpaste end up in the same drawer???

17. Mrs. Jump Rope

@gingerbebe: oh oh I know! That's called a junk drawer. I thought everyone had one of those!!

18. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@psw27: Big huge congrats! Glad everyone is doing well.

Anyone happen to know where the last Due Date list is in the thread? I'm know I'm lazy... (Also I want to be added to it!!)

19. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I'm so sorry! I meant to welcome you to the board after your last post. I'll track down the due date thread and add you...tell me your EDD again?

20. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Pancakes: September 4th, with #2. Thanks!

21. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

To be honest, I'm not even sure if this is the most accurate list...I had to go waaaay back to find it! Let me know if something is wrong on it.

September Arrivals!
    8/4 psw27: (EDD 9/11)

September mamas
    9/3 brownbear (#1)
    9/3 tequiero21 (#3)
    9/4 knittylady (#2)
    9/5 mrs.hawk71 (#1)
    9/7 mrs. jump rope (#2)
    9/9 georgiegirl83 (#1)
    9/11 coprtopmom (#2)
    9/12 lindy (#1)
    9/13 gingerbebe (#1)
    9/14 pancakes (#2)
    9/17 farawayviolet (#1)
    9/17 littlebit (#1)
    9/19 Weagle (#2)
    9/20 boogs (#2)
    9/22 lattelove (#1)
    9/24 London Mama (#2)
    9/26 sweetiepie (#1) :

22. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

I'm scheduled for August 29!!! Eek, 24 more days.

23. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@tequiero21: wow!!!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: dude if it was one drawer it would be fine but it's like 4-5 drawers like that plus two baskets!!!

24. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

So, one of my good friends went to L&D last night after having contractions 2-3 minutes apart. Luckily, they petered out after a few hours and tests came back okay. Drs deemed it a false alarm. Her due date is one week after mine... definitely made this pregnancy seem a lot more real! Up until now I've kind of ignored it. Well, not ignored, but just focused on parenting LO and lots of personal things happening that are totally out of my control.

25. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Pancakes: Ah! I completely forgot about that list! I wonder what ever happened to some of the mama's on this list? I feel like there's only like 10 of us left that post!

26. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

OMG little man is like up under the right side of my ribcage and its SO uncomfortable sitting at my desk at work. I'm literally laying back in my chair and leaning to the left while typing. It looks crazy!

27. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@knittylady has inspired me to come out from hiding....I've been lurking for a while... (if there was an embarrassed icon, it would go here!)

EDD 9/26, child #1,

I have a feeling he may be an October baby, but only time will tell!

28. Mrs. Jump Rope

I had an appt this morning. My BP went down. The nurse half jokingly said it's because Chloe wasn't with me this morning. I was getting an internal & GB test so I asked my mom to watch Chloe for me.

No change from last week, still 1cm and 30%. My OB had a tough time finding her heartbeat and wondered if baby was breech. She did get the HB but it was higher than expected, so she sent me for an ultrasound to double check.

My mom wanted to come along and I'm so glad she did! Baby *is* head down and suuuuch a wiggle work. She also has a full of head of LONG hair (Ahhh!) and the tech gave us a few 3d images. Baby Sis is Chloe 2.0 and I cannot believe how much they look alike!

29. Mrs. Jump Rope

@tequiero21: Ahhh that's THIS MONTH! #shitsgettinreal

30. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: wow, u can see her hair?! Dangit, I wasn't offered 3d and my insurance sucks now so I have no plans on getting it. Can't wait to "meet" her! Chloe is so beautiful, would love to see, was it baby Charlotte?

31. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@LHBlitzer: welcome!

32. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Weagle: I've been ignoring it too.... Um, haven't bought anything. I need diapers, bottles n nipples, etc. sigh. I need to get started. In about three weeks! Eek!

33. Mrs. Jump Rope

@tequiero21: they are TWINS.

I didn't ask for a 3d and didn't expect to see much today, but she did do a quick 3d. I'm hoping insurance pays!

34. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: omg love it! So beautiful already!

35. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@knittylady: @LHBlitzer: Welcome!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: They are twins and so cool you got to see her!

@Pancakes: The list is still accurate for me.

36. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: OMG shut up, the hair! I die!

@tequiero21: I can't believe you're having an August baby! That's so crazy close!

I keep having dreams/nightmares that I have a bleed or have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night. I got so nervous I packed up my office yesterday! I'm supposed to work until August 29th so my coworkers were like ummm....But I don't want to leave my office all splayed and crazy if I leave abruptly. They have to put my stuff in storage while I'm gone (so the temp can use the office) so it has to be packed anyway.

37. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

I updated it with @Mrs.Jump Rope and @tequiero21's c-section dates plus added our newbies. Any more lurkers want to come out and play?

September Arrivals!
    8/4 psw27: (EDD 9/11)

September mamas
    8/29 tequiero21 (#3)
    9/7 mrs. jump rope (#2)
    9/3 brownbear (#1)
    9/4 knittylady (#2)
    9/5 mrs.hawk71 (#1)
    9/9 georgiegirl83 (#1)
    9/11 coprtopmom (#2)
    9/12 lindy (#1)
    9/13 gingerbebe (#1)
    9/14 pancakes (#2)
    9/17 farawayviolet (#1)
    9/17 littlebit (#1)
    9/19 Weagle (#2)
    9/20 boogs (#2)
    9/22 lattelove (#1)
    9/24 London Mama (#2)
    9/26 sweetiepie (#1) :
    9/26 LHBlitzer (#1)

38. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

@pancakes: I'm not on the list yet. Baby #1 due 9/23

39. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

A lot of boys up in this piece.

40. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Hello everyone and welcome to the newcomers! My due date is the 23rd but as LO1 was 2 weeks late I might well be having an October baby too.

@Gingerbee: I've started packing up my office too, I have so much crap it's unbelievable. As I work in the center of London I can't drive to work so will have to lug lots of things home in the evenings on the underground. I only have two weeks left in the office so better get started!

Going to pick up our stroller tomorrow, bought a used stroller on ebay for a bargain so am excited to see it. Then I just have to figure out what to do with the other two strollers we have at home...

@PSW27: big congratulations! Hope you are both doing well, I'm sure we'd all love to see a photo

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee