Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

@NovBaby1112: I'm so sorry! I hope you can join another board very soon!

2. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@NovBaby1112: Also so, so sorry and hoping you join another board very, very soon!

3. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@NovBaby1112:

4. jenm

coffee bean / 42 posts

@NovBaby1112: prayers with you!

5. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

When do you ladies plan on announcing? and how?
    We plan on telling our immediate families soon, after my appt, by my DS wearing a big brother shirt to dinner.
    Public announcement won't be until March 1, when I'm 13 weeks

6. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: our announcement will be after the appointment on Feb 23. It will probably in involve a big sister T-shirt for #1!

7. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: I'm away for work for 3 weeks in Feb, so I am going to tell my parents/sister right before I go and ask them not to say anything. We bought MIL a birthday card to grandma that DH will give her while I"m away.

I'm not announcing to anyone else until our first scan which is the first week of March (Because of all of my travel), and I'll be calling everyone directly. I don't intend on using social media at all.

8. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

@mrsrugbee: I asked DH how he wanted to tell his family and he said to let DS tell them with a shirt and I was like ...well I already got him one because that's how I was going to tell DH if I found out before Christmas.

@babycanuck: I'm really nervous about telling my in-laws because they post everything to FB and it drives me bananas! Like my MIL posted a pic of me and DH the day we got engaged before I even told my parents! I was furious! I will have to give strict instructions not to post anything until we do. My family is split too, I have my dad, stepmom and 5 siblings that live close then my mom and two sibs live 2 hours away so we will have to get into some serious logistics to figure it all out but it's gonna all happen within a couple days of each other.

9. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: I'm lucky that my MIL isn't on social media, and I know my parents will do what I ask, especially knowing I have been dealing with IF.

The only person I'm worried about is my little nephew, he's 4 and I'm sure he'll tell people if he remembers that Auntie M is having a baby. My sister will have to talk with him. We're telling them with a shirt that says "This little monkey is going to be a big cousin" - I'm going to ask my mom if we can have my birthday dinner at her place, put it on the youngest and see how long it takes everyone to notice.

10. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: haven't decided any of this yet! Had our confirmation of pregnancy appointment yesterday. Pregnancy confirmed! Next appt is January 23, where we will hopefully hear heartbeat. At that point we may tell parents... I think shortly thereafter will be another scan and genetic testing (not AMA but they offer it to all patients). After much debate and consideration, I think I am going to do the genetic testing... I think if all is well at that point we will tell everyone else in mid February... I don't plan to make a Facebook announcement either... It has never appealed to me to share the big news with 400 "friends", many of whom are very much acquaintances lol! Though I can see how this concept is exciting for some. I will tell people in various ways in person, by phone, card, or text... No creative ideas yet, just waiting to know things are on track and looking good!

11. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

@mrscobee: this is probably how we'll announce publicly since we're Southern and hunters and farmers

12. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

But honestly if I could keep it a secret I would!

13. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: that is so adorable!!!!! Love it!!! Keeping a secret is killing me!! I have such a hard time but am a little freaked out with this being my first. On one hand, I want to assume all will be well and just tell. Then, if something went wrong, they would just have to share in my disappointment and would be able to support. On the other hand still hate to get my and others hopes up when it is still SO early! I am sorry, I think every time I post I sound like a ball of anxiety LOL!!

14. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

@mrscobee: I'm on team tell early because of needing support if something happens. I'm not for publicizing it though to everyone until were safe but you gotta think too, even if you make it past 12 weeks until your baby is out and in your arms and is home nothing is guaranteed. Take my first pregnancy, it was great, MS aside, and then when he was born he had breathing problems and was made a NICU baby for 5 days and also had a blood infection. Don't know how he got it but it was horrible a friend of mine tried for years to get pregnant, finally did, made it half way and then lost it. I still don't know what happened but last time I saw a FB post it was them doing a gender reveal then nothing for months and the next thing was them on a Caribbean vacation with no baby

15. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: omg!!! Wow! That is so scary with the blood infection! And so so sad about your friend!!! I for sure understand that you are never out of the woods at any point. I also know that in life in general everyday is a gift. I think for some reason (I'm not sure exactly why) pregnancy has always been a scary concept for me, hence the extra anxiety. i think I will tell family and maybe some friends from church after hearing the heartbeat. That way they can share in the excitement and lend support if ever needed. I found a super cute way to tell my our families! Will have to post a pic (phone isn't letting me).

16. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

A good friend of mine on here told me recently you have to let go of the anxiety and tell yourself that everything is okay until proven otherwise, or you'll drive yourself bonkers.

I'm scared out of my mind - but that advice has definitely helped me stay calm about things.

17. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@babycanuck: thanks! I am going to have to learn to apply this concept quickly

18. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

Hi ladies! I'm excited (and a tad nervous!) to get to finally join a board!

EDD: 9/15/15

How far along: 3 weeks, 4 days

First child? 1st one!

First doctor appointment: TBD - will probably schedule on Monday. I'm guessing late January/early February.

Any symptoms so far? Nothing major. Just some light crampy/pinchy feelings but that's about it!

Who have you told? Only DH…and you guys!

I'm only 11DPO today and I POAS on a whim. I had a CP in October so I'm trying to remain positive that this one will stick! Looking forward to an exciting 9 months with everyone!

19. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@shortiecake: welcome and congrats!!! Best wishes for a healthy and happy 9 months!!

20. jenm

coffee bean / 42 posts

@SunnyFarmMama: We just bought a new house and were thinking of having our close family and friends over at the end of February and telling them the big news. Our parents will be told beforehand. I know everyone will do a good job of keeping it hush hush bc some of our close friends recently had a baby and everyone knew but kept it under wraps for them. I want to have a gender reveal party and we may post a picture on fb and Instagram announcing the gender to kinda give the heads up that they can now talk about it more openly.

21. jenm

coffee bean / 42 posts

@mrscobee: congrats on your confirmation!! Only 9 more days left for me to wait, haha!@shortiecake: welcome aboard! Congrats to you

22. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

oops wrong post

23. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Happy and excited to join and hope I get to stay.

EDD:9/5 (based off lmp) and 9/8 (based off O)

How far along: 4w6d. I'm going off O date

First child? 2 DS is 10 1/2 now and will be 19 months then

First doctor appointment: calling to make one tomorrow

Any symptoms so far? Peeing a lot and fuller, achy breast

Who have you told? DH and HB (of course) and my BFF whose due 3/6

It's crazy I'm joining a due date board again. Congratulations to all the ladies on here and those to come!

24. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

So excited to be joining this thread and fingers crossed I get to stay! This has been a long journey over 1.5 years, so I am so very excited!!!

EDD: 9/14

How far along: 3 weeks 6 days

First child? Nope, this will be #2! DD is 27 months and will be 3 when LO2 is born!

First doctor appointment: not sure, just got a positive HPT this morning, so I'll be calling tomorrow!

Any symptoms so far? Not yet... Does craving Chipotle count? I think I just have cabin fever!

Who have you told? Hubby and HB. It's going to be much harder this time to keep it a secret - I already want to tell everyone!!!

25. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@Honeygold89: congrats!

@CarrieLouWho: congrats! We are (almost) due date twins!

Not sure when or how we will announce. First appt is 1/26 and I'll be 7 weeks. Going to try and hold out until end of February or closer to 12 weeks...but I'm sure it's going to be tough!

26. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@shortiecake: thanks again.

We already decided we're not going to announce until 12 weeks. But I'm like you guys I don't know how I'll hold it because I alre want to tell the world and I'll see most of my family at lo 1st birthday party on feb 14.

27. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

For those of you on here that are not having your first - how quickly did you show the first time?

I'm a curvy/thick girl, and I'm definitely bloated more than usual. I hope that I can pull this off before 12 weeks. I totally went to Old Navy today and bought a mat dress that was on sale because I'm super paranoid. I won't wear it to the office because I know other people shop there, and right now it just looks a bit big on me, but curious to see how things progress.

(eta - 5 weeks tomorrow)

28. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@babycanuck: with lo I was bloated early but I didn't show (actual baby bump) until 28 weeks before that people couldn't tell I was pregnant it looked like I just gained weight.

29. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

@babycanuck: I was around a size 10 the first time around and I didn't show until around 20 weeks. It drove my friends and family nuts. I'm now 20lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight and in a size 2-4 so I'm scared I'll show much earlier this time. I actually just got out of the tub and think my super low belly is pudgier. However this time I won't have to worry about hiding my bump under a wedding dress. But I do have a bridesmaid dress to get into in May. Luckily I knew we'd be trying so I ordered my dress big

30. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Honeygold89: OMG congratulations!!!!

31. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MrsKoala: thanks. I'm excited and nervous I'm still shocked even though we were trying.

I call my OBgyn today and I have my first appointment Thursday at 1:50. The only thing is my midwife that I seen my last pregnancy isn't with the practice anymore and I'll be seeing a new lady. But I love their office and it's only 4 minutes away from my house and 1 block away from the hospital so hopefully I like this new lady.

32. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@Honeygold89: @CarrieLouWho: Welcome ladies! Good to have you here! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months!

33. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@mrscobee: thanks

34. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

I'll join... and I hope to stay till the end here! Still very anxious...

EDD: 9/14

How far along: 4w1d.

First child? Yes! Had a mc last april.

First doctor appointment: 2/4. I am moving the end of this months, I hope I like the new doctor.

Any symptoms so far? side of boobs are sore

Who have you told? DH and HB

35. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

adding: and I told my colleague just now. She is TTC herself, going through infertility treatment and I felt so bad... even though I did not want to tell anyone at this stage, I think it is better this way.

36. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@busylizzy111: welcome and congrats

37. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

Thanks, congrats to all of you as well!

38. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

So...I'm off the boards. Need to take a break. H&H 9 months to all of you ladies.

39. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

Oh no! I wish you all the best. Take care!

40. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@babycanuck: so sorry to hear that I wish you the best

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee