Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Yay!!! So exciting! Are you going to schedule a RCS or try for a VBAC?

@tlcbaby: @avivoca: Good luck to both of you tomorrow! I don't know how you do it!

2. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: RCS for sure! My first c-section was amazing, very quick recovery. We also don't have any local family so the idea that we can schedule it instead of spontaneous labor and stressing about what to do with LO is very appealing. Of course, anything can happen and I could go into labor before 39w.

3. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: I was induced with my first and knowing when it was going to happen was nice. I can see why you would opt for RCS, especially with a LO that you need to figure out his care. I am kind of freaking out about it now because my mom is at least an hour 15 min away without traffic and once my water broke last time, LO arrived an hour later. And it was quite the dramatic rush to the hospital, ambulance and all due to rush hour traffic. I am petrified of my water breaking while DH is at work and I'm alone with the 2 kids!

4. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: Thanks! I was not active at all in my last pregnancy and had GD. I also gained close to 40 lbs. I'm hoping that I don't get GD this time so I am hoping that staying active will help.

5. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@skipra: We will see how it goes. I feel like my partner probably wishes she had picked someone else.

6. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: @tlcbaby: good luck!!

7. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: wow, that would make me nervous with LO3! Do you have any neighbors that could be on call when the time comes? Thats so crazy!!

8. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Hi All! I'm so happy to have this group!

EDD: September 23

How far along: 7 weeks

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: Monday! 2/8. I can't wait. I hope everything goes well!

Any symptoms so far? Tired and only a tiny bit of nausea usually right before dinner. Not being sick is making me nervous but I know some women don't get sick. I'm not wishing for it. Sore breasts as well!

Who have you told? My Husband, my parents (we will tell his parents in 2 weeks when we visit), my SIL who is also pregnant and basically due the same time, and a close friend

9. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Christy412: welcome and congrats!!!

10. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

So apparently the key to keeping my morning sickness away is to do a CrossFit competition. I felt halfway decent all day and actually performed really well. Now it's 3:00 pm and I need a nap and lunch, but I don't feel super sick at least.

11. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@tlcbaby: I head a horrid day yesterday flying nyc to nc to see my parents. Traveling solo with a almost one year old is always fun but extra super fun when toy spend 4 hours in the plane on the ground before your 80 minute flight. I had just enough smacks to make it. It was tough, but I didn't feel stick the whole day. Made me a little worried, but also super relieved. If I was also sick it would have been impossible. Stress and pressure help.

12. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@Christy412: welcome!! And congrats!

13. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@maddyz: That is rough. Hopefully you were able to relax when you arrived. I wrote in my journal during my last pregnancy that I was never flying in the first trimester again!

14. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@tlcbaby: that's really great! Your post about Panera the other day had me craving it so we went last night. So good and now it's all I can think about eating!
    @maddyz: That sounds tough! Hope your visit and return trip are much better!
    @Christy412: congrats! Good luck at your appt tomorrow!
    @Applesandbananas: luckily we have a really great neighbor who works from home a lot and several SAHM friends that could probably help in an emergency. Plus we know better to go to the hospital before my water breaks this time...as long as it's not spontaneous.

15. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@tlcbaby: That's great! Congrats on the accomplishment. I've been gone from the gym for two weeks due to a nasty cold and nausea and I feel soft and gross. I've got to get back!

@Christy412: Congrats and welcome! Excited to have you join us. And don't worry about not being sick! My sickness didn't hit until I was over 6 weeks and at 9 weeks it has faded so that it's extremely mild. My mom was never sick and she had two healthy babies. Some people's bodies handle hormones better. Mine is my first too, btw!

16. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@MrsJD Thanks that makes me feel better! I've been getting a little nauseous before and after meals but usually only when I have an empty stomach. I'm so anxious for my appt tomorrow just so I know things are ok!

17. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Christy412: That's exactly how my nausea has been - when my stomach gets empty. I've compensated by eating small snacks constantly - typically, crackers/pretzels, yogurt, fruit, etc about every 3 hours. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: I felt pretty good during my run too. After though...holy sore pelvis! Things are looser a lot quicker this time.

19. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mrsjd: thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

20. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Anybody else feeling like September is so far away??

I'm using the Sprout app again and it says 220 days to go, which sounds like forever lol!

I keep asking DH if he wants to be TG but I don't think he does. I'll be far enough along to find out around LO's third birthday so I'm considering taking him (and DH of course!) to an elective place so he can be part of the excitement too! My OB is very strict (understandably so!) about no kids allowed in the ultrasound room.

21. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Yes but I am OK with it. Still trying to wrap my head around how crazy it's going to be with another baby. Sounds like a great plan for your LO's bday surprise! All the u/s places I've been to are OK with kids as long as there is another adult. Bummer your OB won't allow it.

22. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: I'm not too bummed about it because the ultrasounds at my OB's office are kind of crappy anyway in the sense that it lasts like 30 seconds! We did an elective for gender with LO and it was more like 10 minutes and it was so cool! So taking LO is kind of a fun excuse for an elective

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Guys, it hit me today that in about nine months, I'm going to go into labor and birth a baby. Shocker, I know. I had a med-free birth last time and am planning to do that again, but I wasn't scared last time. Now I know what Is coming and I'm... Not scared but scared, you know? I just have to remember that the painful parts of labor don't last that long (on average, you are only contracting for about 3.5 hours of an 18 hour labor and you get breaks).

24. squeaks

pea / 15 posts

hello fellow (i hope) september moms--i've been quiet here since this pregnancy has been really easy so far (no nausea! not even really tired!). well, maybe there is a reason for my lack of symptoms...this morning i went to the doctor for the first US and the baby was not only measuring small (which i was not surprised about--my cycles are long and i may not have ovulated until CD 20 or 21), but the hb was only 112. and my OB said the gestational sac looked small too, which concerned her. she said she's "cautiously optimistic" and had the nurse take blood to test my progesterone levels. if they come back low, she will call in a prescription for me. i'm going back next tuesday for another US and am anxiously awaiting my blood test results...

SO. now i am in this horrible grey area of freaking out, that i am just waiting to hear the news that i am going to miscarry. i am so lucky that i have a healthy and happy son already, but this is still hard. does anyone have any success stories to share about a slow hb or small sac, or ideas for how i can pass the time until my next appointment?

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@squeaks: I'm sorry you are in this limbo! FWIW, I barely had nausea or exhaustion in my first pregnancy. This one is completely different. As for passing the time, I'm not sure what to say. Early pregnancy seems to drag on anyway. I just try to busy myself at work and spend time with my daughter.

26. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mrsjd: had a good appt! Everything went well and we got to see the baby on a little handheld ultrasound machine. Have another appointment in 4 weeks.

27. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@squeaks: I didn't have quite the same situation, but I've been through something similar. Waiting was not easy so the best thing I could do was distract myself. I made a lot of plans with friends and with DH and watched a lot of movies and just tried to keep busy so my mind wasn't on it all the time. Please keep us updated!

28. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I am going in today for my elective ultrasound! I wasn't nervous at all, but, of course, now that it is here I am a little nervous. I just want everything to be okay. Then we leave for Disney in the morning so I am also nervous what the loooong car ride is going to do for my morning sickness.

29. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: That is why I quit running (except short distances) last time. It wasn't during the run, but afterwards, that I was in so much pain I just had to give it up.

30. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Hello ladies...I've been quiet the last few days because I've been a terrible nauseous mess but today is much better. Tomorrow I will pick up the results for the first million tests I did.... fingers crossed! I'm kind of nervous.

@squeaks: I don't know how you're feeling but I know what it feels like to have to wait for news of the same importance and all I can say is don't let yourself think negatively. Not so easy I know but I suggest going to the movies...having girls night with ice cream and chick flicks.... shopping for you... do sudoku ... and good luck my dear

31. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@squeaks: Crossing all my fingers for you that it was just later ovulation/implantation and next u/s will show that all is well!

@avivoca: @tlcbaby: You guys are amazing! I'm so impressed with you both keeping up with working out.

@tlcbaby: Good luck with the ultrasound!

@Jasmum: Hope the test results come back excellent! Did you do one of the genetic tests?

I've been MIA because I feel like complete shit all the time. I'll try to be more active but man, I'm just tired of feeling sick and tired.

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: It's really the only time I don't feel like complete and total garbage. I'm with you. I'm so sick and tired of being so sick and tired.

In addition to being way sicker this time (still not puking, thank goodness), the bathroom on my floor is out of commission for construction. Every time I have to pee (which is a lot), I have to go down six flights of stairs to either the first floor or the basement. Blahhhhh.

33. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: I hear you. I play volleyball once a week in a league and it is the only time I forget how shitty I feel. Glad that you get the same relief for a little bit. They really need to get those bathrooms fixed. That is just awful!!!

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I told my boss today because I feel like garbage and it apparently shows. She said she knew but didn't want to ask. Then she asked me how much time I wanted to take and if I would be coming back after I had the baby. Things I haven't thought about yet (two in daycare is going to be rough but so is only living on one income).

35. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

@MrsKoala: the first round of tests are just standard ...I'm crossing my fingers for the toxoplasmosis exam.... It would make life easier if I didn't have to worry about it. As for gen.testing I'm doing the "bi-test" shortly. I'll have bloodwork done next week and the "translucency" ultrasound on March 3. Sorry if these names don't make sense but I'm in Italy and even though I'm Canadian ...well...it's my first child so I don't know the terms in English

36. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@tlcbaby: so exciting!! Hope it went well!

I've told work too and we mailed our Valentine announcement cards!

37. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@squeaks: sorry to hear about that limbo situation. Thinking of you and crossing my fingers for good growth next week.

@Jasmum: I think we usually call the translucency exam the NT scan. They measure the back of the neck to check for downs syndrome markers, etc. I have to decide if I want to do that scan or a different type of bloodwork.
    @tlcbaby: Hope the ultrasound was perfect!
    @avivoca: Crazy you had to tell work so early. Obviously it's a huge decision but our choice for my to SAH has been the best possible for our family. Take your time making it!
    @MrsKoala: I still feel like sit too! Woke up at 3am just to throw up. Why???
    @Applesandbananas: Yay for announcing to everyone! We still haven't told our parents yet!

38. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Ultrasound was perfect! Heartbeat was 174 and we got to see the little legs and arms. And I was glad to only see one in there.

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: Awesome!

40. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@avivoca: i told work too, there are 4 of us in a 250 square foot open plan office. No hiding anything. They have also seen me pregnant twice before, I pretty much turn green and stop functioning for two months. They notice.

@sqeaks: sending love, and lots of good wishes.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee