Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: can you take a nap? I find 10 minutes is a huge help.

@tlcbaby: Thanks! Since I started taking 1/2 a unisom at night I am so much better. Still nauseous a lot, especially in the afternoon and evening but it is manageable and I can eat now. Maybe it would help you too? I also take 25mg of b6 3 times a day.

@avivoca: I am also worried about my clothes not fitting. My friend is using all my maternity clothes now so the belly is just not allowed to grow yet. Yeah right!

2. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: no naps I did go to bed early and leave DH to handle bedtime, which was awesome, until I woke up this morning SO nauseated I've been drinking Sprite the last couple days, which has helped a little.

Yesterday, LO had a poop accident in the car on the way to daycare and the teacher just handed me his spare clothes and wipes and went to tend to other kids and I was dry heaving and gagging the whole time. It was so nasty. I almost went home for the day lol.

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Applesandbananas: Oh my gosh, that sounds TERRIBLE! What kind of person does that? Our teachers always deal with the poop messes. It's so nice.

I ran 4 miles this morning with my training group. @tlcbaby, do you have any tips for properly fueling? I had to stop and walk at 2 miles and force down a gel before I lost my breakfast.

Also, someone ate fish in the lunch room yesterday. It smelled awful!

4. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: they never help with poops or other accidents that happen en route. I haven't told them about #2 yet so they don't really know about the morning sickness.

5. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: That fish graphic is hilarious! The biggest thing for me is just having food and water ready to go. I've definitely stopped in the middle of a workout for a snack. It's harder when you run because you can't carry much with you, but a gel or a bar before you feel too hungry is a good plan. I have totally fallen off my running plan since I found out I was pregnant. Four miles is great!

6. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Ugh. Living on crackers and Sprite!

How is everyone else feeling? Any bumps/blumps yet? My lower stomach is rounding out, though it's really only noticeable to me (my stomach was never the same after LO1!)

7. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Applesandbananas: I ate jerky and rice for lunch. My food has been so random. My clothes already don't fit, but really just because I am so freaking bloated. I am already on the hunt for under the belly pants and shorts for our vacation next week.

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Applesandbananas: I had a greasy hamburger for lunch and fish for dinner. I feel kind of gross now. I'm also super bloated. By the end of the day I look like I'm 4 months pregnant.

9. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: I feel like my belly is just fat flabby and gross and I think a little bump is starting but my clothes still fit so who knows. I am living on ginger ale and Mac n cheese the past couple days. Super healthy.

@avivoca: Funny you had fish after your experience at work! We went out for lunch and ugh the smell whenever they cooked fish!

10. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

And do some of us have appointments coming up? My first is Thursday!

11. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: my first is Friday!! I cannot wait!

12. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: Mine was fresh at least and I opened a window. Microwaved fish is just the worst and we aren't allowed to open the windows either. My boss also has a bad habit of eating sardines at her desk and throwing the tin in our trash. Blech!

13. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: oh I totally agree about microwave fish! And sardines? Ewww! I can't stomach the thought or smell of any fish at this point never mind that!

@Applesandbananas: yay! So exciting!

14. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

My ultrasound is tomorrow and follow up on Wednesday!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

My appointment isn't until March 8

16. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Little baby was looking good this morning! Heartbeat at 146. I have my follow up on Wednesday (MW had an induction this morning so we split the first appointment up).

17. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

I have an ultrasound on the 5th. I nearly forgot about it. DH is going to be out of town next week and I was thinking of heading to my parents. A week of solo parenting does not sound like fun. But that would mean moving my appointment and some meetings at work and changing a flight. So it looks like i'll be toughing it out.

I have days that feel a little bit better, if I can stay on top of eating enough it's ok. It's hard because I dont feel hungry and I have NO appetite. With LO1 I just lay around all summer feeling sorry for myself. Thats not really an option this time. 11 month olds are busy guys.....

18. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

I have to chimed in on the random diet I've been living off of and the dicey stomach. Yesterday I ate, eggs & king cake for breakfast and then pizza for lunch. Wasn't hungry so I had a few grapes for dinner. I've lost like 3-4 lbs in the month I've known I was pregnant. This is the most unhealthy diet I've had in YEARS.

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I keep praying for symptoms because I feel pretty decent most of the time, minus the wicked backache I've been having off and on...then I got a whif of the eggs my husband made and was assured that I am indeed pregnant. Ugh! No more fried eggs for this lady.

ETA: My husband keeps saying that it's too early for me to be feeling sick, but I think he forgets that I had 0 morning sickness last time and only felt mildly nauseated on my evening commute.

20. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@mrsjd: I eat the weirdest things too. I have also lost weight. I have decided one can eat popsicles for any meal...

21. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@maddyz: Omg popsicles. You speak my language. I forgot I also had three of the no sugar added kind yesterday (lest you think I'm a total cow).

22. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: yay! Congrats on a great heartbeat!

23. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@MrsKoala: That is great!

My appointment isn't until the 18th, but I really wanted to be sure everything is okay before our trip next week and we want to be able to tell my in-laws so I am having an early ultrasound next Monday afternoon. I wasn't sure at first about having an extra ultrasound, but I had two last time so it really won't be any different I guess.

24. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: That is funny about the eggs because I almost cried this morning when I realized we were out of eggs. I've been living off eggs and toast for breakfast.

25. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@MrsKoala: I somehow missed this earlier! That's wonderful news!

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: I'm okay with scrambled eggs. I've been eating eggs scrambled with red and green peppers, onions, and a bit of cheese and that is delicious. But the smell of straight up fried eggs and cheese was just too much.

27. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Well now I want scrambled eggs...... and I'm gonna go find some!

28. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@MrsKoala: yay! That's so exciting!

29. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@tlcbaby: an early u/s through your dr or through an elective place?

30. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Applesandbananas: Elective. I've never done that before.

31. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@tlcbaby: Does that mean you will get the u/s next week and then around 20 weeks?

Is anyone else planning to do genetic testing or the NT scan or Panorama type blood work? I am forgetting what all the options are.

32. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: You said you're taking unisom too, right? Did you take it last time? When did you stop and how did you know you were ready?

33. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@skipra: Yep! I didn't do any of the genetic testing or other stuff last time and I doubt I will this time unless they think for some reason there is some big need for it.

34. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: I'm planning on doing the genetic testing (I believe my office does Harmony) because although I'm not AMA we had a prior early loss and it freaked my husband and I out. I need to reassurance and it's only a couple hundred dollars.

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: We won't be doing the genetic testing this time either.

36. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

@maddyz: @mrsjd: I'm in the same boat. I've been eating cheese and crackers and anything in broth..... but yesterday I ate vegetable soup and wanted to add tuna.... I think I've lost my mind. I go entire days without eating enough to consider a full meal and even taking my vitamins is torture. Other days I want to eat a case of oranges and cry because my tummy hurts...

37. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed pelvic changes....I don know how to explain it....I kinda walk funny now and it feels like I've ridden a horse. This is my first pregnancy but I was pretty sure pregnant women only started walking funny in the third trimester..... should I be worried?

38. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: we probably won't do any genetic testing. We didn't last time and I'm not AMA.

39. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: I took unisom and B6 until around 24 weeks last time. I started to feel better around 20 weeks and so I tested it a couple times where I wouldn't take it one day and see how I felt. A couple times I felt slightly sick so I kept on going. This time I was taking it until my friend gave me some samples of Diclegis (basically the same as Unisom and B6). I've tried that for the past three days but I can't say that I feel much better taking that over the Unisom so I may switch back once I finish the sample pack. I'm 24/7 grossly nauseous and averse to most foods. I haven't thrown up yet but I'm the type of person that will do anything not to throw up and I was like that last time, too.

40. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: I'll get the NT scan but I won't do genetic testing unless something shows up as concerning at the NT scan. Mainly because I'm not AMA so insurance won't pay for it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee