Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Jasmum: I went with a midwife last time and I'm going with the same one again. I really liked the type of care that midwives provide with just more personal attention. We didn't do many ultrasounds (3 total) and they never did cervical checks or anything like that. If you are generally low risk and are interested in lower amount of interventions, midwives are a good way to go.

2. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Mrskoala: thanks soon much! I really like my midwife and I feel great! I don't think it's necessary to do more than is needed and to enjoy my maternity as much as I can for as long as I can. Thanks again!

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: I saw a midwife last time and will see them again with this pregnancy.

4. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: Congrats! It is also taking some time for this pregnancy to sink in for me too. We were on the fence about having a third and said WTH like 3 times, maybe and boom, pregnant. I was actually thinking about how much easier 2 would be and really wasn't expecting to get pregnant at all, never mind so quickly. Still trying to wrap my head around it all.
    @Jasmum: I saw midwives with both my other pregnancies and will with this one too. Not sure if it is the same where you are, but I had a couple appointments with doctors in the practice during the pregnancies but the majority were with midwives.

5. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@Legowife: our LO will be 3.5 when baby arrives but we haven't really told him much about it. We took pro pics with a big brother shirt and the photog asked him a couple questions but we'll talk more about it when it gets closer, probably once we know if he's getting a brother or sister DH told me last night he thought LO was getting too much screen time, but didn't offer any alternatives. My reaction: 😡😤🖕lol I then proceeded to queue up Rio!

@avivoca: yayyyyy!!!

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

As someone who didn't have morning sickness much last time (I had evening sickness and only during my commute), it's very weird to me to wake up nauseated! I may need to keep crackers next to the bed for the next several weeks.

I also called and made my first appointment. The midwives don't like to see patients before 10 weeks, so it's ages away on March 8 and I will likely not get an ultrasound until 20 weeks.

7. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@avivoca: I'm so super excited for you!!! Congrats, lady.

Good luck to all you September mamas. I had hoped to join you, but alas. Onward.

@MrsKoala: maybe I'll be 2 months behind you again, like last time!!

8. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@LovelyPlum: Awww mannnnn! I wanted you to join me! But maybe 2 months behind is good luck?

9. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

Okay ladies, I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, which I'm still in shock about, and no real symptoms like I had with my 6yo. But boy am I crabby! I am so happy to be pregnant, and it wasn't easy and now I'm just plain mean! I'm trying to stop it from happening but my emotions are displayed on my face before I realize I'm feeling them, and my usual coping mechanisms just aren't working. My poor mom is receiving the brunt of it since my husband is away with work. And I feel terrible about it. Anyone else feeling this way? Any ways to deal with it? This is my only "symptom" thus far, which is odd because I was crazy sick by this time with LO1.

10. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: there are some elective places if you can't wait until 20w! My dr does them around 8/9 for dating, I'm so anxious to see this little bean!

11. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@LovelyPlum: aw maybe October will be your month! Hugs and

12. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Just for fun!

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl?

Do you have a preference?

Will you find out before birth or be

If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each?

13. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? I think but I thought that last time haha.

Do you have a preference? I kind of want a girl but I think either way I'll be happy and sad. Happy to have one of each or happy for LO to have a brother (I think the brother bond is really sweet! But so is the brother/sister bond!).

We will find out, I think. That's what we did last time.

If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? I have a

14. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@applesandbananas: this is so fun!

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? Not really, although my family is basically all girls and my husband's family hasn't had a girl since his great grandparents' generation on his dad's side.

Do you have a preference? Boy. Always always have wanted one. My cousin (who is like my sister) just had a girl though, so we'd be thrilled with that. Although I've recently realized I basically hate 99% of girl names.

Will you find out before birth or be :team green: We will DNA test as soon as possible, so we'll find out then.

If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? Not applicable to me, this is our first!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? I think it's a boy, but I'll be thrilled either way!

Do you have a preference? Nope! Having a girl will be easier because I already have all the clothes, but a little boy can wear some of it.

Will you find out before birth or be We are finding out at our anatomy scan if baby cooperates.

If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? I have a daughter, H.

16. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? Not yet.

Do you have a preference? I have always seen myslef with a bunch of boys. But I think DH would be amazing with a girl and I would figure it out. So no. Girl names are SO HARD.

Will you find out before birth or be We will find out at 20 weeks.

If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? one LO he is 11 months next week.

17. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@M4MI i hear you with the being in a pissy mood. Last time I spend most of my first tri crying at everything (cat videos, dropping my keys, EVERYTHING) this time I am a pain in the ass... I think some of it has to do with my 11 month old teething, but mostly i am just a jerk.

I opened the fridge today and almost had to leave the apartment. I dont think there is even anything bad in there, just smelled time food.

Does anyone have experience nursing while pregnant? We are still going strong, and right now everything is fine. But i wonder what it be like later. Any tips?

18. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Fun!

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? Definitely boy!
    Do you have a preference? Not really. I think another boy would be easier but we only have boys in our family so a girl would be so much fun too.
    Will you find out before birth or be TG for sure! We found out just a couple weeks before LO1 by mistake and then found out at 16 weeks with LO2 and I regretted it the rest of the pregnancy.
    If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? 2 boys. My sister has 3 boys so I'm assuming that's what I'll have too

19. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@maddyz: Yes, I am still nursing LO2 and nursed LO1 throughout my second pregnancy and tandem nursed for a few months too. I think the hardest part is the breast sensitivity in the first trimester (and it sometimes makes me really nauseous) and then there is a major supply drop towards the end. Is there anything in particular you are wondering?
    @M4mi: I am a raging bitch this week. I feel like utter shit and yelled at my kids twice today and once yesterday which is not ok and I hate that it happened. Really trying hard to break out of this funk and hoping it passes soon. Hang in there!

20. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@Skippa: Mostly I was wondering if this is what it's going to feel like from now on. I can get used to it, nipples hurt and it kinda makes my skin crawl and sometimes I think letdown will make me puke. But knowing these things are normal and fine is helpful. I have found reading on my phone to help a lot. LO is going through a super clingy and nursing phase so that's not helping much either. I'd like to nurse LO1 for a while more. We arent ready to ween. I hope I can keep it up!

21. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@maddyz: You can do it! I think the worst is the skin crawling feeling. Kind of like you just want the baby off you? At least if he will be a year soon you can introduce whole milk and it will take some of the pressure off you.

22. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? I think it's a boy
    Do you have a preference? No because we would like both eventually
    Will you find out before birth or be we will find out as soon as it's possible
    If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? Nope!

23. Legowife

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Applesandbananas: this is fun!

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? I flip flop all the time! Really don't have any intuition yet, but 'knew' it was a girl last time around 16 weeks which our 20 week scan confirmed!
    Do you have a preference? I Didn't last time, this time I mostly think it would be nice to have another girl cause my first one is so great! But a boy would be great too
    We will find out, I am so impatient and need to know if we need to filter out all the pink
    If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? I have a

Was at the doctor yesterday who took bloods which came back today confirming the pregnancy. Now I'm letting myself get excited!! I want to tell someone other than my dh so bad but I like keeping the secret too

24. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Do you have any intuition about whether you're having a boy or girl? I think it's another boy. Symptoms have just seemed to come on the same albeit a bit later than last time.
    Do you have a preference? I'm happy with any sex! It would be nice for my son to have a brother though.
    Will you find out before birth or be Team Green! We will be TG for any pregnancy. It's just fun!
    If you have an older LO or LOs, are they boys or girls, or one of each? One 2 year old boy!

25. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Legowife: Yay!! Get excited!!

26. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Ugh, the morning sickness is definitely here. Last week there were hints of it but man, the past couple days have been bad. I'm hungry but nothing sounds good, and even if something sounds good, by the time I prep it, it sounds repulsive.

Maybe I'll lose a few of these Christmas pounds.

I've been eating baked crinkle fries, toast, and crackers.

27. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I am a little surprised (but excited) to be here. We've been talking a lot about having a second, but I have a lot of things going on right now plus a Disney trip in two weeks that had me wanting to wait a bit longer. But...here I am!

EDD: 9/17/16 (day before our anniversary)

How far along: Almost 6 weeks

First child? Nope. We have a two and 1/2 year old son.

First doctor appointment: Trying to get that moved to the first week in February so I can make sure everything is good before our Florida trip. I'd love to surprise my in-laws and tell them while we are there.

Any symptoms so far? YESSS. All-day sickness (no throwing up, just constantly nauseous), totally exhausted and taking lots of naps, bloated and my clothes are already feeling tight, can't sleep at night. I just keep reminding myself how much I loved the second trimester.

Who have you told? I called my sister as soon as I took the test. So then, to be even, my DH told his brother. I've also told my partner in a CrossFit competition next weekend so she doesn't get mad at me if I don't do well. That's it so far. Waiting till the appointment before we tell anyone else.

Excited to be on this journey with you ladies.

28. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Applesandbananas: I am right there with you. I don't think I'll be losing any pounds, though. Eating is one of the few things that seems to make me feel slightly better so I feel like it is all I do. The oddest things sound good, though. I had rice with salt for a snack today.

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: Hey!!!! Glad to see you here! I hope you get your appointment moved up! I wish they would see me earlier than 10 weeks.

30. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: I don't know if they will be sympathetic to my story, but I'm gonna try. Maybe I'll tell them I really need to know if I can ride Space Mountain!

31. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

It's official. ...I'm constantly nauseous. .... I can't eat almost anything ...just toast with peanut butter. ....This really suckling

32. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@tlcbaby: yay! Welcome!!

@Jasmum: ugh, me too. Your idea of peanut butter and toast sounded good though, but we didn't have any peanut butter, so I substituted Nutella... Not such a good idea. Adding peanut butter to the grocery list!

33. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@tlcbaby: can you go to an elective place before your trip? There are some that'll do abdominal u/s at 8w! I considered it because they make a heartbeat stuffed animal along with it and it sounded so cool!

34. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Applesandbananas: I hadn't thought about that. I might look into it after I call them. I really don't even want an u/s necessarily, just a heartbeat and a little confirmation that everything seems normal would be good enough for me. Judging by my symptoms, though, I feel really good about everything. I feel just as horrible as I did last time!

35. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@tlcbaby: Congrats!

@Jasmum: @Applesandbananas: the smell of PB sends me running for the bathroom! Everything seems to make me either dry heave or vomit right now. I am jealous if you guys can eat it though. I wish I could too!

I picked up some sea bands yesterday after I spent the entire morning sick in the bathroom. Not sure if it's a coincidence or placebo effect or what but the nausea actually improved in the afternoon and I could eat a little and I didn't throw up again until just before bed. It was a miracle! So far today has been better than yesterday morning too. I never thought they would work but they seem to be doing something!

36. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@skipra: I am peanut butter obsessed and I haven't been able to touch the stuff. Today is my first day back at work since the nausea really kicked in so I stopped at the grocery store on the way here and just bought whatever sounded good. I have to teach four PE classes today and I am just hoping to make it through the day. I hope the sea bands are helping you today!!

37. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: @Jasmum: @Applesandbananas:

I feel all of you on the nausea front. I have dry heaved into my toilet two of the last four mornings. For me, food (specifically carby food) is the only thing making me feel better. Mine gets better in the afternoons each day. Today has been the worst day so far. But I (hopefully) get to see our baby tomorrow because our ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow! So, I'm really nervous/excited/scared. I didn't make it this far last time so I'm pumped.

38. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@mrsjd: Sorry about the nausea but hooray for an ultrasound tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!!!

39. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: I will! I hope we get a decent photo and if so, I'll share it! Praying for one healthy baby in there. We got pregnant on Clomid, so twins are possible and would be so welcome but so terrifying.

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: That sounds so rough!

This is a really small sampling of days due to the snow, but it appears that I'm only super nauseated in the mornings on the days that I have to go to work. I ate a cheese stick on the way in and that seemed to help, but I can't snack all day long. It's going to be a long first trimester. We're under construction and the one bathroom on my floor is going to be off limits in a few weeks, so if I do have to throw up my choices are going to be my trashcan in the office I share with three people or hoping I get down to the basement in time to do it there.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee