Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@tlcbaby: Congratulations and welcome!!!

@Jasmum: I'm so sorry. I'm the same. I can only tolerate bread products at the moment. Everything else makes me want to gag. We just have to muddle through, I guess. Personally, I just hope this doesn't last as long as it did for my first pregnancy (20 weeks) because I don't know how I'm going to do it.

2. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: Oh man, that is miserable that your bathroom at work is being renovated. Hope you don't have to throw up there.

3. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Anyone else starting to feel like they are seeing a bit of a blump? I know it's not a bump yet (and not likely to be one for a while since I'm tall) but I'm feeling really self conscious about my midsection and getting scared that people are speculating about me.

4. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: I am a little bit. I'm wearing a form-fitting dress and my pantyhose keep rolling down and settling right under my gut which makes it stick out more. I doubt people are paying that much attention.

5. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: You're right , I'm sure... I just get so nervous about people guessing before I'm ready to tell. Silly!

6. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: oh yeah! Good old muscle memory and bloating! I was just showing DH and he said, I see it! Then when I carried LO upstairs he kept touching my belly going "I see it!" Yeah not hiding it much longer around here!

7. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

Also so sick here. I find, if i can make myself eat it, that protein helps and cold things. Lots of smoothies and middle of the night yogurt happening over here. I was hoping this time might be a little easier then last..... but no.

I confirmed my pregnancy with my GP today (POAS) and I have my first ultrasound on the 5th.

I am looking for new midwives because the amazing woman who delivered LO1 moved away. LO1 was a home birth and if everything goes well LO2 will be as well. I am sad to have to find new midwives, but also WAY less concerned then I was last time.

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: I take it back. I was sooooo bloated by the end of the day. I looked like I am 4 months pregnant!

I made it through my first pregnant OTF class. I didn't go as hard but I still feel likeI got a good workout in. I hopeI can keep it up because I am trying to a) gain better and b) not get gestational diabetes again.

9. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Aside from bloating I definitely don't look pregnant but nevertheless several of my female students (all mothers of course) have questioned me or other students as to whether or not I'm pregnant. It's a big problem because here in Italy the work contract system means that I couldon't be fired for "no reason" until the 10th of march. So I hope they don't snoop too much!

10. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Could be fired*

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jasmum: Oh no! That's terrible! I hope they quit poking around.

12. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

@avivoca: me too but Italian women can be very tricky! Especially when they think their missing out on juicy gossip!

13. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

My first ultrasound is scheduled for march 3!

14. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I feel you guys on the bloating. Luckily, I wear yoga pants to work when I'm not working from home, but my real clothes are already tight. I am looking into some below the belly pants and shorts for our vacation in a couple weeks because I don't want to be uncomfortable the whole time, but I'm not really ready for full on maternity clothes, either. Waah. I'll stop complaining now.

15. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Jasmum: That's not too long! I am guessing my first won't be until our anatomy scan. They gave me an early one last time because we lost one before that, but I don't think they'll do it this time.

16. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

The blump is real. My husband noticed it... now to go into stealth mode for the next four weeks. @skipra: Dang muscle memory!

@maddyz: I'm in the same boat. I was soo hoping this time would be easier on the nausea front but nope, just as bad and maybe even a bit worse. Hang in there!

@Jasmum: Oh no! And pregnancy is the juiciest gossip there is! I hope you can keep it on the DL for another month or so!

@tlcbaby: I caved and started wearing my maternity jeans to work (demi panel so not obvious). It's glorious.

17. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@tlcbaby: So I just realized when I happened to look at your profile that I've totally pinned some of your stuff on Pinterest before and read your blog! Such a small world. I crossfit too. Any healthy pregnancy tips are totally appreciated. I'll have to read through your blog again.

Congratulations to you!

18. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

Measuring right on track at 7 weeks 4 days and with a normal heartbeat of 164. Most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: I'm not sure what I'm going to do for stealth mode...I borrowed most of my maternity pants/skirts last time and they are long gone. I also don't have a lot of flowy tops. My pencil skirt is getting pretty tight right now.

@mrsjd: What a beautiful ultrasound!

20. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: yay!! What an amazing ultrasound!!! I still have a week and a half until mine

Anyone else wicked tired? I got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night, but oh my goodness, I'm so so so tired today

21. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: hooray! @avivoca: I don't have much for stealth mode either except two Drapey cardigans and scarves so I'm going to attempt to interchange them as much as possible I guess.

22. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@MrsKoala: I think I am about to be right there with you!

@mrsjd: Oh my gosh, what are the chances? I'll be writing about my pregnancy soon after I am ready to share it. I went to CrossFit on Saturday and DH basically had to force me because he knew I would feel better, but I was so unmotivated and sick. It was so weird, though, because as soon as I got into the WOD I didn't feel sick at all. It came back after we got home, but I do find that I feel better when I am working out. I was able to CrossFit through most of my last pregnancy until my sciatic pain got too bad. Hoping I can make it all the way through this time.

23. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@mrsjd: Love seeing that ultrasound! Congrats.

24. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Applesandbananas: I took a three hour nap today! It was crazy. That means I have a lot more work to do tomorrow, but it was worth it.

25. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@mrsjd: congrats! What a beautiful picture!

Sorry can't really catch up on the rest today...way too sick all day and lo2 is sick and needed to be held all night and wouldn't nap today. Ugh can first trimester be over already?

26. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@skipra: I totally feel your pain.....

27. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: God yes. Please let the first tri be over soooon.

28. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

So, in awesome (read: not) office developments, a sewer line has been cut at work and now two of our bathrooms are out of commission. My lunch is also trapped behind the sewer water and I refuse to walk through it. Panera is coming to the rescue, but I'm fantasizing about my cheese stick. This pregnancy is already so different, I was all about carbs and soda last time and this time I am adverse to sugary things (I threw out my oatmeal because it was too sugary yesterday) and am craving vegetables.

29. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: gross! Not a fun problem to have! Hope Panera hits the spot!

Guys yesterday was awful. I couldn't keep anything down at all. I even woke up after going to bed to puke I felt weird about calling the doctors office since I haven't been there before but a nurse called back and told me to take unisom with b6. I barely kept it down before passing out and woke up this morning starving! I can eat today! So my sea bands worked for 2 days. Hoping this will help for longer than that!

30. lmay820

pea / 19 posts

@mrsjd: amazing ultrasound! My first one is in 2 weeks and I can't wait! I am feeling everyone on the exhaustion...its crushing! Wearing a belly band for the first time and oh boy is it life changing - I feel free!!!!!

31. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

I must admit I don't understand most of your acronyms. ... but that's okay

So today was weird because I've felt so bad for the last few days but today no nausea! I was even able to eat a burger in a pub! Is it normal for nausea to just stop like that? Will it likely come back? It was less than a week ago that it started....

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jasmum: Mine definitely comes and goes. Some days I have none, others I feel awful all day if I don't constantly eat or drink.

33. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: boy maybe??!?! I had cravings for salt and hated sugar when pregnant with my son
    .@skipra: Unisom and b6 is a godsend. I'm out of b6 so just using Unisom right now and I think that is the only I have been able to function. Hope it keeps on working for you!

@Jasmum: we can explain any acronym you want! Just silly abbreviations usually like LO means little one or DH means Dear Husband.

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: Maybe? I was all about the salty carbs with H and the baked goods.

35. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Oh my goodness. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the first tri. So so so so tired.

36. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: I wish I was craving vegetables. I can't bring myself to eat any unless they are roasted and mixed with lots of other things like eggs and sausage.

@skipra: Hope you are feeling a little better!!

@Jasmum: Mine comes and goes. I was actually having a great day yesterday, but then by the time bedtime rolled around I was so sick and bloated I couldn't even sleep.

I am already thinking about how much work I can get done when I get home so I can take a nap before I have to pick my son up from daycare. The struggle is real.

37. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

What have you all been trying to nausea?

I have been taking B6, but I can't tell if it is helping. I even bought this thing on Amazon called "Queas-Ease" that is a little tube with essential oils that you inhale. I try ginger tea, peppermints, pretty much everything, but I don't feel like anything really helps much. Maybe they are helping a little because I don't throw up, but there is nothing that is helping make my day more enjoyable.

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: So, I really only like veggies when there is cheese involved (but not string cheese, that stuff is grossing me out). Or roasted and covered in oil. Yum.

The only thing that has helped me combat my nausea is eating a lot. As long as my stomach isn't growling, I'm okay. Consequently, all of my office clothes are getting tight. I'm 5 weeks. It's going to be a long 1st trimester.

39. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: I am in the same boat...I pretty much eat all day long and it does help. I can tell because it does wake me up at night when I haven't eaten for a while. But, I am obsessed with string cheese right now. I had three yesterday.

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: I forced myself to eat one today. I was all about it last week, but this yesterday I started to kind of hate it.

I had to leave OTF after doing the weights because I got too hungry and it was hot and I thought I was going to lose it on the weight floor. So I called my mom and she started talking about food and it honestly helped me feel better. Then I ate some french fries from McD's, half a can of biscuits, and a waffle.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee