Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jasmum: I have noticed some changes, especially in the back. My lower back/pelvic area gets so sore. I'm not walking differently though.

2. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: wow I can't believe you were sick until 24 weeks! I was pretty sick with my first until 16 weeks or so but barely sick with my second. And I stopped throwing up once I started the unisom/b6 until this morning when it started up again I don't think I can deal with this another 6-8 weeks!

3. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Jasmum: it's maybe just your uterus growing?

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Yeah.. it was not good (ETA: I felt like death from 5-20 weeks but only slightly queasy from 20-24). I'm terrified I'll be sick that long this time. It's causing some mental stress for me because I can barely function and I keep thinking "oh my god, I'm not even halfway done with nausea if the timeline is at all the same as last time".

ETA: Although I guess the good news is that I felt freaking fantastic for the rest of my pregnancy last time so maybe that will also be the same?

5. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

I ended up calling in sick today. Just so so tired and nauseated. I had to go buy maternity work slacks today, I spent Monday with my pants unbuttoned most of the day.

6. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@avivoca: My back is killing me. I can't sit at my desk. This happened last time too but I had a bit more core strength then I do now...

@Skippa: I was sick until 17weeks with LO and all I can think is "there is no way I will survive 10 more weeks of this" but somehow I will.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@maddyz: Yeah, my back didn't start to hurt until the third trimester last time. 😳

8. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

My appointment is tomorrow! I'm so so nervous. It'll start with an ultrasound, followed by a visit with the dr.

Crossing all my fingers and toes that baby is growing like he/she should be! I'm so nauseated and bloated and starting to get a little bump, but I know m/cs can still happen despite all that.

9. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: I have mine in a couple hours and so nervous too! Of course last night I was dreaming all night about trying to find a razor so I could shave my legs before the appointment. Priorities!

10. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@skipra: Mine is this afternoon and I am totally freaking out. I found out about a missed miscarriage at an 8week ultrasound before LO. It was a super traumatic experience. Very badly handled by the ultrasound office.

Fingers crossed for us all.

11. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: @maddyz: good luck!!

12. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: @maddyz: Good luck! Thinking of you both!

Has anyone's morning (or all day in my case) sickness faded a little? I seem to be a less pukey in the past 3-5 days. I might just be managing it better - eating smaller more regular meals. Still down like 4 pounds in the most unhealthy diet of all time.

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: @maddyz: Good luck today!!! We'll be thinking of you!

14. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

I had my midwife appointment yesterday. I confirmed that due date is 9/10. I also found out that they want me to do the 1 hour GD test early (and twice) because my son was over 9 lbs and they want to be extra careful this time to be sure they didn't miss anything. BOOOOO. I passed the test with flying colors last time so there's no reason to believe I had GD. I just make huge babies. Anyway, the midwife said that I could do it around 14 weeks but if I'm not feeling good then I can wait until the nausea is gone.

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm six weeks today. I had to leave a meeting because my coughing was making me nauseated. It's dusty here because I work in a construction zone.

Ughhhhhh. I wish I could go home.

16. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: me too this cough is driving me crazy. I'm seriously considering taking off tomorrow, again.

17. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@mrsjd: I have better days and worse days. I think a lot of it has to do with me eating enough (anything...)

18. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

Thanks everyone! The appointment went well. The little guy is measuring about 8 weeks so my official edd is 9/16. Heartbeat looked good at 165 bpm. I had just a nurse intake appointment following and I think she wants me to do the NT scan and Panorama test. I want to look into them more to see if they are both necessary. I'm not AMA so I don't know insurance will cover it.
    @maddyz: Good luck this afternoon!
    @MrsKoala: I hope the GD screening is OK. 9lbs is huge and they say second babies are bigger! My second was over 2 lbs bigger than my first!
    @mrsjd: I think mine has gotten worse, not better. I stopped puking once I started taking unisom at night but it has started up again, just not as bad as it was without unisom.
    @Applesandbananas: @avivoca: Hope you both feel better soon! I have somehow managed to have 2 separate colds this pregnancy and can't count how many times just coughing had made me throw up. It's a wonderful symptom

19. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Oh wow, that's interesting that they want you to do Panorama as well as the NT. Did they say why? Dang, your second baby was 2 lbs more! That freaks me out. I'm very tall and so is my husband so I guess I just figured it'd be normal for us to have big babies?

@avivoca: @avivoca: Feel better ladies! I hear you on just wanting to go home.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Applesandbananas: @skipra: @MrsKoala: Thanks ladies. Once I got out of the dusty area, I felt much better. I have to head back in there soon though since we are cleaning the basement and I'm on the hunt for a dust mask.

21. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsKoala: Just following along here from the August board and had to say, my first was a big boy at 9lbs, 3oz, too. No GD and my husband and I are both taller people. I carried my second 9 days longer and was so concerned about how big the baby would be and she was 8lbs, 13oz so don't worry that you'll end up with a bigger baby the second time - definitely no guarantee!!

22. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@coopsmama: That is so reassuring! Thanks! I can handle another 9 lb 5 oz but bigger than that, no thanks.

23. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

As a 2 time September Mama, I wanted to pop in and say congrats to all of the September 2016 Mamas! I hope you all have wonderful pregnancies and easy deliveries!

24. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: Didn't mean to scare you! My first was especially small so that's why my second was so much bigger. But everyone told me that second babies are bigger so that is why they are being extra cautious with you.

25. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

All looks good. Big sigh. I didn't realize how stressed out I was about my ultrasound. Heart rate is 167 and measuring right on date. Everything is where it should be.

@MrsKoala: I had a 9 pound first. I think everyone was a little surprised he was that big. I bet this one could be easily that big. I come from lots of big babies. I am a little nervous, but i also trust my body to handle whatever it makes.

26. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: @maddyz: so glad to hear your ultrasounds went well!!!

27. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Hella crazy pregnancy dreams last night!

In one, DH told me the day before he was going to Jamaica with some friends and other people from work. He was like "I didn't think you would want to come, but if you want to buy a plane ticket, I guess you can come." But a day out, tickets were astronomical, so I was looking at Uber lol. I was so mad at him! Then I decided to just have a great week with LO and do lots of fun stuff, and tried to invite my mom down, who told me that she's moved to Chicago months ago (which is pretty far from me!) It ended with LO and I having Valentine's dinner at Texas Roadhouse lol.

The second dream was more of a nightmare. LO had a really horrible daycare director (IRL) who was fired (IRL) and in the dream, she came back as some kind of weird liaison role, with the intention of covering the new director while she was on maternity leave (which is so weird because the new director is in her 50s with kids in college and beyond). But the old director's first order of business is yelling at me for LO pushing someone and she got so nasty about it. I was so confused, asking if the other child was hurt and she said no, it wasn't like that, but it was her child he pushed and that that was unacceptable (also bizarre because she was in her early 60s!) and she threatened to throw LO out for it!

I finally woke up when the dog wanted out, thank goodness.

28. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Applesandbananas: What a wacky dream!

Good morning from the couch! My insomnia was so bad last night. I woke up at 2:00 because H couldn't find her paci and then stayed awake because my mind started racing and the Frozen soundtrack was stuck in my head and playing LOUDLY. So I went to the couch after an hour and a half and was able to fall asleep again. Weird.

29. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: pregnancy insomnia is the worst. DH started snoring (I think he's coming down with a cold) and between his snoring, toddler sleep antics, the dog wanting to go out all hours of the night, and pregnancy insomnia, I'm a zombie.

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Applesandbananas: I'm starting to get a stuffy nose but I don't know if it's because of the dust yesterday or another pregnancy symptom. I was so congested during my last pregnancy!

31. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: I've got a gross cough going on. I didn't even think of it being pregnancy related. I'm so so so so tired too

32. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

And super emo. 😭😥😢😓😪

33. lmay820

pea / 19 posts

Adding to crazy pregnancy dreams - I had a dream last night that the baby was born with a full set of teeth! Made breastfeeding really scary!

34. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Heart rate of 178! Baby looked good!! EDD 9/14

35. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: Yay! This is great news.

36. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: thanks! I'm so excited!!

37. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@skipra: @maddyz: @Applesandbananas: Yea for a good appointment! It always feels a little better after that first appointment, I think.

@coopsmama: That is comforting. My DH was over 11lbs and my first was only 9lbs 8oz and I am terrified of having an 11lb baby this time around. I feel like I dodged a bullet the first time. Hopefully my luck hasn't run out.

@avivoca: I've done the couch thing a few times already. I just wake up a lot and I can't get back to sleep. I try to go get on the couch and read for a while for a change of scenery and then go back to bed.

@lmay820: That is a hilarious, but scary, dream!

I stupidly signed up for a CrossFit competition tomorrow before I knew I was pregnant. Luckily, my partner is an OB so I just told her the news and she said we can just have a good time and she knows I might not be at my best. I hope I don't feel too bad tomorrow or it's going to be a rough day.

38. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

I had asked about a RCS and my OB was ready to schedule it then lol

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: It's so nice and cool in our living room so I think that helped too. I hope you do well with your competition. I've got a six mile run tomorrow and I'm a little worried about how I'm going to fuel properly for it. I'm taking my debit card just in case.

40. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: Good idea. I am bringing a bunch of food with me. Luckily, Perfect Bars are one of my favorite foods right now and we happen to sell them at the gym.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee