Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@theotherstark: I'm the opposite this time around, I'm quite happy not telling anyone and just keeping it to myself! Part of the reason is that our family is part of a pretty tight community and news travels fast and the other part is work-related, I'm the only member of my team with small children and I've only been in the job since June last year so my pregnancy might not go down well...

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: I'm also inclined to wait until second trimester to tell others, and especially work. I know once I tell news will spread fast, and I'd rather not have a zillion people ask me about it, especially in the event it turns out not to be viable.

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@theotherstark: I'm not telling work until I really have to. This time we've told lots of friends earlier but mostly cause we've had a few losses and these are the people we would tell about that. We aren't telling our parents until 12w cause they aren't great at not spreading the word.

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Kemma: @periwinklebee: @Banana330: I'm a SAHM, so thankfully I don't have to worry about colleagues finding out last time I was worried everyone knew since I had such bad MS. We will probably wait to tell most people until after the anatomy scan, like last time.

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: actually, one coworker does know, as she's a good friend. She's the only one who knows besides DH. All my coworkers were there for me during my miscarriage, much more than family was. I'd probably tell my coworkers if there was a loss this time. As strange as it sounds, I don't want to get their hopes up by telling them I got pregnant again so soon until I know it's a little more real.

Luckily my blood draws were around the corner from the office and easily explained as lunch errands. My drs office is also right down the street, and my first ultrasound is on a Friday when both my bosses happen to be out.

6. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@periwinklebee: glad to hear the appt went well and that everything aligned to allow you the ability to get away despite the lengthy travel time.

@theotherstark: we've also decided to not tell parents until after our ultrasound. DH keeps reminding me to not be too excited given our history of losses. He doesn't know I've already told a few friends but he is adamant about not telling grandparents until the ultrasound & everyone else after the first trimester. What part of northern CA are you in?

7. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

My in-laws now know, their response was lukewarm at best and I am less than thrilled that they know.

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lazypanda: my DH ins the opposite of yours. He's so positive and I'm a nervous wreck.

@Kemma: ugh that's the worst. I feel like sometimes parents don't really react in a way they should. My inlaws were similar after our MC.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: My parents (really my mother) are the same way - I can't tell you how many people I haven't seen in years for whom I learned they were pregnant early because they told their mom, and their mom told my mom...I feel bad not telling, but it's going to have to wait!

@Kemma: I'm sorry they didn't react well, that really sucks.

@lazypanda: Thank you! My husband also is very cautious. He told me last night, "it may still be a really long time before we have a baby." I was pretty upset at first about the bleeding, and I think he wants to keep expectations low so if it doesn't go well it's what we expected.

10. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

I had my ultrasound today and should be 7 weeks by my last period. However I am just about 6 weeks, which is exactly what I expected them to say since I never ovulate on day 14.

Baby had a heartbeat and the tech said it looks good for its size. I have to go back in three weeks for an actual dating ultrasound since this was too early.

11. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Kemma: I'm sorry about your in laws, that sucks

@YouGotMe: yay for a heartbeat! Glad to hear everything went as you expected

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@YouGotMe: yay! That's great news! Does your date change at all?

13. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Banana330: unsure yet, I need another ultrasound before they will give me a date. The tech today wouldn't give me an idea. She just said "September" which was obvious haha

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@YouGotMe: that's really helpful of her

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@YouGotMe: Yay, that's wonderful news - so glad to hear this!

@Banana330: I'm thinking of you tomorrow!!!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@lazypanda: I'm in the Bay Area! Where are you??

@Kemma: ugh, I'm so sorry That is rough.

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@YouGotMe: yay! So glad you saw the heartbeat

18. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@theotherstark: me too! 🌁 Hmm, the emoji is not coming up with Karl...definitely enjoy living in the Bay Area but not the high cost of living.

@YouGotMe: yay for seeing the heartbeat!

@Banana330: my DH is pretty reserved and prefers to know for sure vs maybe (he's an introverted engineer). 😉 he said once he sees a heartbeat, it's a "for sure" pregnancy. To his credit he has been asking how I feel daily so I know he is getting excited in his own reserved way. Good luck at tomorrow's appt! Hopefully you get to have our first pix with a heartbeat!

@Kemma: I'm sorry your in-laws weren't super thrilled. Hopefully it's because it's early so they are containing their excitement?

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I was so nervous this morning I felt sick all morning. But the ultrasound went great. Measured exactly as we thought 6w6d (the bonus of a monitored cycle) and we was the heartbeat flickering at 121. I didn't get any pics, but i think they said they would give me one next time. Because we were going through testing, even though we conceived before interventions they will do weekly ultrasound to help quell anxiety. So ultrasound again next week at 8w!

I find this slightly relieving. We lost twins at 9 weeks so I always feel super nervous leading up to that milestone.

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Yay! September Mama's!

Sept 5 - yougotme (#2)
    Sept 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    Sept 9 - LIL BEAN (#2)
    Sept 13 - theotherstark (#2)
    Sept 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    Sept 18 - Periwinklebee (#1)
    Sept 22 - annem1990 (#1)
    Sept 24 - Boopers (#2), Lazypanda (#2)
    Sept 30 - Bibliolove (#1)
    TBD - Kemma (#3)

Appointments
    Jan 19 - Banana330
    Jan 27 - StrawberryBee, theotherstark, Periwinklebee, Banana330
    Jan 30 - Lazypanda
    Feb 1 - Kemma
    Feb 7 - Boopers
    Feb 8 - yougotme

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: congratulations and I'm so jealous of weekly ultrasounds! So happy for you!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: it feels slightly excessive.. and if I wasn't a ball of nerves about loss I might have done pushed back a bit.. but I think it's going to really help my mental health.

23. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Banana330: fabulous! So what's your gut telling you regarding gender? I miss the additional ultrasounds from being with an RE. Have you decided on where you'll transition your care to?

24. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: I have my first appt 2/7. Can you please add it to the list?

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: possibly, but shedding excess worry can only be good for you! I remember always feeling so good after a dr appointment when I was pregnant with my first (hearing a heartbeat, etc), and then doubt would start to creep in a few days later. I used to listen for the heartbeat at home on a home doppler.

26. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: that's great that your appt went wel and everything is looking on track so far! I'm sure having weekly appointments will help!

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lazypanda: I'm thinking boy... only cause i'm way less sick this time.. I've got a midwife appointment on jan 31 so I'm going to talk to them about facilitating a skin to skin c section... if they aren't up for it i'll have to find an OB that is.

@StrawberryBee: @Boopers: The extra monitoring will be nice. It's crazy how fast the doubt creeps back.

28. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

A very cautious joining!

EDD: 9/30/17 based on LMP

First child? Yes

Any symptoms? I had my typical terrible PMS symptoms leading up to my missed period, and now I feel fine except for some mild cramping. I have been waking up around 4am and tossing and turning, and I hope that will stop soon!

Who have you told? Just my husband

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Anxious and happy all at once. This is my first pregnancy, and I'm scared! I got my beta level checked today and am just waiting on the result. They are going to check again on Monday and Wed to see if it's rising.

I debated if I wanted to be treated like a "normal" OB patient or if I wanted to go to my RE for beta levels, etc and I decided it was worth going back to the RE to check levels and (if all goes well) get an ultrasound at 7 weeks. My new mantra is, a peaceful mind is good for this family!

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: Congrats! Good luck with your betas. Some people find them reassuring others do not...

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: I'm so, so happy to hear this! Yay!!! I'll be thinking of you over the next couple of weeks as you approach the time of your previous loss, that must be so nerve-wracking

@Bibliolove: Welcome! Your symptoms sound exactly like mine after my BFP. 2 weeks later I'm still waking up at 4 am, now to pee, but am thankfully finding it much easier to fall back asleep. It's also my first time being pregnant, so everything is new...

I agree with all of you on doing what it takes to have better peace of mind. I've been taking a test when I wake up at night to pee. I hadn't tested for about a week, but with the bleeding I know without a signal that my hormone levels were still high, I'd not be able to help worrying - is this the SCH or am I starting to miscarry. Fortunately, I have a zillion cheapie tests that came with all the OPKs that it took to get pregnant, and HCG is high enough that the test line shows up darker than the control the instant the dye hits it, so I don't have to be in suspense. I try to remember that I have to pace myself in terms of putting emotional energy into this - my BFP was two weeks ago and it already feels like forever....

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: welcome!

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@lazypanda: where in the Bay Area? And yes, so expensive. It's terrible. Ha.

@Banana330: yay!! So glad the appt went well

@Bibliolove: congratulations and welcome!

33. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@periwinklebee: that's good to know your sleep got a little better! Also, you probably already know this, but just in case-- I remember reading HCG levels decrease at some point at 10-12 weeks or so? Once the placenta takes over I think. So I don't want you to worry if you are still testing at that point for reassurance and the lines aren't as dark Ignore me if you knew this already!

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Bibliolove: Thank you, that's good to know! I knew they decreased at some point but had no idea when.

35. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Bibliolove: congrats & welcome!

@Banana330: I was going to guess a boy when you said the heart rate of 121 (supposedly boys have lower heart rates than girls). Not always true but fun to imagine.

@YouGotMe: do you have any feeling towards gender since you already saw the heartbeat?

@periwinklebee: you can also test with OPKs...it's what I've been doing & how I knew to test with a pregnancy test when I was still in the TWW. The test line is now darker than the control line on my OPKs.

@theotherstark: I walked you. Just an FYI, different counties charge different rates for birth certificates. Do you know which hospital you'll deliver at?

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lazypanda: I'll have to remember that - with the combo opk/hpt boxes, I have ended up temporarily with hpt in greater abundance

37. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

I was going to hold off on joining but looking for some reassurance and support during this time...

EDD: 9/30/17

First child? Yes!

Any symptoms? I had some breast tenderness that I typically get if I have any wine or beer in the tww that seems to be fading I think since I haven't drank the last day since I got my positive test. Nipples are a little sensitive but nothing major. Some light cramping but feeling bloated and gassy. Light back soreness and slightly hungrier than usual also.

Who have you told? My husband, a best friend and my bosses because I work in a lab with hormones and being pregnant completely changes what I can and can't do.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I am getting blood confirmation and betas today and probably Monday and Wednesday. I'm nervous about AF showing up (she is due tomorrow or Sunday) because I'm not having any strong symptoms (and I don't know what to make of my boobs being barely sore if anything at all) and find myself almost hoping to wake up nausea even though it was a clear positive on the two frers I took. I guess in summary I'm just worried about viability now and long term.

38. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

Hi Everyone! This is my very first post. I have been a lurker for years. I also was a WB user, so it's nice to actually take part (finally!)

EDD: 9/22/17

First child? yes!

Any symptoms? dizziness, bloated, and I was feeling cramps last night. This was part of the reason I joined HB. The symptoms make me over-analyze everything. My boobs are a little sensitive but nothing too crazy.

Who have you told? My DH, our siblings, parents, and grandparents

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I just have the same fear as everyone else. I am hoping this is a sticky baby. I feel lucky because I got pregnant the first month of trying. But it seems that there will always be worry. After the first trimester ends, I'm sure I'll be worrying about something else! Looking forward to going through this journey with the rest you September mamas!

I'm actually really excited that we're due in September. It just seems like a good month. We can wear flowy dresses over the summer and still have a good amount of warmth during our maternity leaves so we're not cooped up in the house.

My first appt is next Friday, 1/27. It seems so far away!

39. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Boopers: My first appointment is also 2/7. Lots of babies to see that day

40. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Congrats! It's our first as well and our EDD is Sept. 22 too!
    I've been cramping from before my missed period too. It usually lasts like 10-20 seconds and happens several times a day. I think it's just the uterus growing or something? Fingers crossed for sticky babies

Last night my husband asked me "So what are you not supposed to do?" (In terms of eating, activity, etc). I had my phone consultation with a nurse the other day and I guess he was expecting a list of the "no-no's". When my sister in law was pregnant last year I remember she had lots of things they told her not to eat. Are providers different about that? I guess I won't avoid anything (besides alcohol of course!) until told otherwise. Maybe ignorance is bliss

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee