Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@muffinsmuffins: My nosebleed eventually stopped after they finally got a dr in here and they put some foo in there. Hopefully today they will be able to get someone in to look at it.

@MrsBucky: I was definitely not ready for this early! Again I did not have a hospital bag packed. DH brought me some things last night.

So far I've gotten about an hours sleep. Checks through the night and someone being happier laying on me made for a long night. Definitely going to be a different recovery with a c section. I'm looking forward to a visit from DS1 this morning and his reaction.

Owen has a head full of dark hair which I can't get over. DS1 was a blonde right from the get go.

How is everyone feeling? I definitely was not expecting to be the first one here to give birth.

2. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: Whoa! I can't even imagine the whirlwind, but I am so glad both of you are safe and sound. Did they figure out what was causing the nose bleeds? I hope you are able to rest very soon. Let us know how meeting big brother goes.

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: I have some growth in my nose causing the bleeds. I'm going for a nasal ct tomorrow and then there will be a referral in with a dr ar anothervhospital to get it clipped out.

Big brother adores Owen. He came to visit twice today and couldn't get enough him. He held him and just rubbed his hands and feet.

4. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ALV91711: what a hassle to have to deal with that so soon post partum and at another hospital! I hope it goes smoothly and isn’t anything serious!

5. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that along with recovering from a c/s!

I bet your sons are so sweet together. 💙

6. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Is anyone else dealing with late pregnancy insomnia? I’ve been waking up to pee multiple times a night for a while now, but lately around 2:30 I can’t get back to sleep. Sometimes for a few hours, last night at all. It’s so brutal. I don’t know how im going to get through today!

7. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@MrsBucky: Yes, I usually wake up around 2 AM and am able to get back to sleep, and then again at 4, and it's harder at that point to fall back asleep.

8. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@greencraftycello: I know we are so close but omg it’s so brutal, especially when I’m dreading all the interrupted sleep I know Is coming! And knowing I won’t be able to nap because I have an older son now too. My DH is also on medicine that will make it unsafe for him to help with night duty this time around too. Wah!!!!

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: Yes, kind of a hassle but the whole reason I even was seeing a doctor Monday. I was joking with the nurse last night to be careful what you come in for you may go home with s baby!

@crazydoglady: They are so sweet. DS1 is going to be such s great big brother. He wasn't a fan of the crying though.

I'm kind of hoping I'll get to go home tonight. Walking is still hard though. I guess we will see how the day goes. Owen finally started to nurse yesterday afternoon and got a bath late last night. I still haven't been allowed a shower though.

Hope all you mamas are hanging in there and doing good.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

We finally got discharged today after lunch! I'm so happy to be home and crawling into my own bed. There is still a possibility I will have to go for more tests/appointments for my nose but my doctor said I could do everything else as an outpatient. Thank goodness, 3 nights in the hospital was long enough, those beds were hard to get comfy in. It is nice to be with DH & DS1. He was so happy to have his brother home.

Other than that I am sore but doing all right. I had a nap on my bed today and it was hard to get out, so I'm propping myself up on lots of pillows for tonight.

11. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

I had my growth scan today at 8:30 am. By 10 I was waiting on a same day squeeze in at an MFM and by 1 was told they will need to induce before Wednesday. I’m waiting on a call for when they will schedule it for. I’m feeling so many things. Mostly I’m feeling super not ready and also scared of an induction.

12. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: I'm so glad you are able to go home...I hope everything gets figured out with your nose bleeds. Enjoy that sweet boy of yours! 💙

13. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: Why did they decide on an induction? I am being induced next Wednesday, but I think I am. bit further along. I hope it helps to have the next few days to wrap your brain around it, rest, and prepare what you really need to.

14. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: they are saying it’s IUGR- basically they are concerned the placenta isn’t working effectively to support the baby’s growth and that’s why baby is so small. Since I’m considered term at 37+2 they think the baby will do better outside than in.

15. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: That's right. I knew one of us Sept mamas had a possible IUGR concern, but couldn't remember who. I'm glad your doctors are being proactive. I'm sure baby will do great. 😊 And you will find out the gender...so fun! And maybe our kiddos will end up with the same birthdays since we are being induced the same day.

16. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@ALV91711: Last time I struggled to get out of bed too. I wish I had thought to bring our recliner into our room but after a few days it got better. I may have DH move it proactively this time. So glad you are home!!!

@MrsBucky: Keep us posted! I was really anxious about an induction with my first and was waiting to be scheduled when my contractions started. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you.

@crazydoglady: I will be anxiously awaiting for updates on Wednesday

17. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Bluemasonjar: @crazydoglady: I am nervous because the hospital’s earliest date is Thursday and my doctors office is planning to fight for an earlier date but I won’t know anything until Tuesday. In the meantime I’m supposed to go straight in for decreased fetal movement. That seems so hard to monitor for! I’m scared I’ll miss something. They say since I gave birth before the induction should go well, but I’m really scared.

18. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: I'm so sorry that you are dealing with so much uncertainty. If it makes you feel any better, my doctor tells me the same thing about decreased fetal movement at every appt. Maybe it's just one of those things they always say?

19. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: my midwives always did too, and I never worried about it either. Because they are worried about IUGR it feels more important/ likely I should be on the lookout for something if that makes sense, which makes it more stressful to me.

Of course my son just woke up at 4:30 crying and gagging as though he were going to throw up. I couldn’t find any vomit and he didn’t throw up yet but now I’m worried. Perfect timing, of course. My husband is with him now, but I’m worried about him and worried about getting a stomach virus and worried about us all being sick with a new baby arriving within the next week. Gah. This is the worst day ever.

20. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: It makes perfect sense. I still get freaked out about movement all the time. It's especially bad at night when I get up to pee 1,000 times and want to feel her kick before falling back to sleep.
    I'm so sorry. Try to "worry" just about you. It sounds like your DH has it covered with LO. You've got so much on your plate right now. Can you possibly squeeze in a massage or pedicure before this week?

21. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@MrsBucky: Jeez that sounds super stressful and I’m sorry that’s happening. It will all work out but I sympathize. I have issues with health anxiety that I see a therapist for so it’s a major concern for me.
    With DS they thought we had a cord issue (turned out to be nothing) and they said all we could do was monitor movement. I aged 10 years in the week we had to wait for our high risk appointment but it was all fine. Try to distract yourself as much as you can.

A coworkers fiancée also got HFM 2 weeks ago so I was super afraid we would catch it from her and we would all have HFM when the baby was born...thankfully that didn’t happen.

With all these stressors I tried to tell myself that it’s ultimately out of my control as much as I want to have everything be perfect and stress free, and that worrying about it won’t make it not happen. Babies are born in war and disease all the time so I try to remember that. Hugs to you and don’t be afraid to express your worries to your OB or midwife.

22. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: @muffinsmuffins: thanks ladies. My DS seems better and fingers crossed my DH and I both feel ok for now. I ran some errands and bought some preemie clothes (baby is estimated at 5lb 9oz as of yesterday) and am feeling a little better. I’m still feeling paranoid about whether baby is moving “enough” and DH is struggling with the change in birth plan almost as much as I am. I delivered vaginally without an epidural last time and I am feeling like with an induction I am going to want an epidural. That makes him nervous since there is a risk of slowing things down. I’m just ready to get to Tuesday and another BPP to confirm baby is doing ok, but I’m trying not to wish away these last few days either.

23. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I delivered my twins 8/31 via scheduled cesarean! All went wonderfully. Baby boy was 5lbs, 4oz and baby girl was 7lbs, 1oz. Sorry for just a short update but things here are busy! Looking forward to seeing other updates from this thread.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: I hope that your induction goes well and baby is ok. Hope that you all stay healthy and that you can get some rest this weekend.

@crazydoglady: Hopefully the beginning of this week I will hear from a doctor about all the tests they have done. Hope everything goes good Wednesday.

Yesterday we had our home visit from the health nurse. Everything is going good. Her only concern was that he was looking a bit yellow in the face. They should be calling tomorrow to follow up on this.

@Bluemasonjar: Last night I woke DH up each time to grab DS and put him back so I was a little less sore today. I will be doing the same again tonight.

@coopsmama: Congrats! They are good sizes. Hope that everyone is doing well and you have a speedy recovery.

25. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@coopsmama: congratulations! That’s super exciting! Hope you are enjoying double the new baby snuggles

26. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@coopsmama: Congrats, mama! I cannot imagine how busy you must be as a mama of 5! I'm glad to hear the twins are doing well.

27. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama TWINS! Born 8/29!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711 Owen born 8/26!
    9/26-- bluemasonjar , cyntist
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

28. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@crazydoglady: thanks for updating!! @coopsmama: congrats and hope you’re feeling well!

29. cyntist

coffee bean / 42 posts

Congrats to those of you who’ve had your babies, and safe labor vibes to those who haven’t! You can take me off the list - I had a MMC in March, but I’m expecting my rainbow next February

30. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@cyntist: I'm so sorry, mama, but congrats on your rainbow. 🌈Thank you for the well wishes.

31. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama TWINS! Born 8/29!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711 Owen born 8/26!
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

32. cyntist

coffee bean / 42 posts

@crazydoglady: I saw your post about being induced, so I’ll ask my older son to send your daughter some of his “Pitocin? Thanks, I’ll be out in 4.5 hours!” vibes

33. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@cyntist: Thank you! I could use all the good vibes I can get.😊

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@crazydoglady: good luck on Wednesday! Sending all the good vibes that things go smoothly ☺

35. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you!!
    I'm still so stoked for you! Hope you are doing well.

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@crazydoglady: i am! I stupidly took a test yesterday while super hydrated and freaked out but took one this morning and it was all bright. No more tests for me!

37. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MamaBear87: Definitely no more tests! With this pregnancy, I took two at the same time and no more after that. I had spent so much time peeing on sticks for the 10 months before that I was DONE.

38. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@crazydoglady: I should have just stuck with the 2 I took together and the digital I had to have 😂
    It's funny I think you and I ended up finally conceiving on the same number of cycles

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: How are things going this week?

@crazydoglady: Hope your induction went good today.

Took Owen to the ped today. All his concerns from birth are gone. This made me happy. He's weighing in at 7lbs 6oz, he isn't expected to be back at his birth weight until 3 weeks. I really like this new ped, and we don't have to go back until his two month check up.

40. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: That's so great! I didn't get to the hospital until 3pm and they didn't start the cytotec until 7pm, so basically, been a lot of waiting today.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee