Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@BecBeeAtx: We got our carpets cleaned this week so my plan for this weekend is to start moving DS's stuff into his big boy room so I can clear space for baby. We've started pulling baby stuff out of storage as well. Nesting is in full swing!

We are team green but I have picked out nursery accents for a boy or girl so will be cleaning up and preppy all the newborn stuff but will finish decorating once he/she arrives.

2. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Has anyone else taken their glucose test yet? I just found out I failed the one hour and have to take the 3 hour test, which I never had to do with my son. I'm having an irrationally strong reaction to this news, partially because I leave tomorrow for two weeks with my family, and was looking forward to all the treats I can't get where I live now which of course now I can't/shouldn't have. I know I'm being irrational, but I'm so mad and upset and feel like, come ON, I get one vice (sugar) and I don't even eat that much sugar anyway, and now I can't even have FRUIT? What the hell? Can anyone else talk me off the ledge?

3. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: I'm sorry! My test is Monday, and I am nervous! I know it's not ideal, but could you take the 3 hour out of town?

4. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: My test is end of next week. That sucks that you failed right before going away.

5. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@MrsBucky: So sorry! Sending positive vibes for your three hour

I just took mine today, and really hoping I pass.

6. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

My glucose test is Friday morning

Has anyone ordered their breast pump yet? I called insurance today and got a list of suppliers. I have a Medela Pump In Style from Lo #1. Wondering what I should order this time around. Thinking maybe the Medela Freestyle. Any recos?

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How is everyone doing?

I had my glucose test today. Saw my OB today and everything is going good. I'm at appointments every 2 weeks now. This has come up fast.

Trying to stay cool in the heat and starting to organize things to move rooms.

8. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: I keep meaning to order mine! I think I am going to get the Spectra this time around, I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    @ALV91711: I had my glucose test last Friday and almost passed out twice from fasting. It was awful. I haven't heard from the doctor so I am guessing no news is good news?

9. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@crazydoglady: I was thinking about the Spectra too but since I already have a Medela PISA I'm wondering if I should simply and get a second one of those since all the parts will be the same?

I got the call yesterday that I passed my glucose test! I celebrated with a cookie at lunch lol

10. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: That's a good point. I had the Ameda with L which was just ok. And congrats on passing!!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Bluemasonjar: woohoo for passing!

@crazydoglady: no news is good news. My dr. office only calls if you don't pass and I haven't got a call.

12. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

29 weeks yesterday and saw the OB today. Still measuring a couple weeks ahead. They have put my due date at Sept 18, which is 10 weeks from today. Everything looks good and at my next appt in 2 weeks he's going to schedule me in for another ultrasound to check size.

Last night we bought paint for the boys rooms and DH is going to start that this week. Moving rooms is a lot of work. Once it is done I can start washing clothes and organizing!

How is everyone doing!

13. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

I just did my glucose test this morning, should hear back (or not hopefully) in a few days.
    No complaints otherwise thankfully! It's been pretty easy going luckily and I love this little alien feeling movement going on daily now. I do find that I'm super short of breathe pretty easily and my heart randomly races for a little bit, but nothing too bad... is that happening to anyone else?

14. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: YES to the heart racing and shortness of breath. I think it's because baby is pushing into the diaphragm plus the extra effort just to move around.

15. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: I'm doing ok, sleep SUCKS right now. My hips and knees hurt so badly from sleeping on my side. I even tried Tylenol pm last night which didn't do much for the discomfort. I will be 32 weeks on Saturday and am trying to be patient because i still have so far to go.

16. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@crazydoglady: That's a relief that it's not just me... I was starting to wonder if I'm just suuuuuuper out of shape haha

17. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: I am out of shape right now, but I think there is more to it than that.

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: I hope you dont hear back from the test. Definitely short of breath these days.

@crazydoglady: I've been finding side sleeping pretty uncomfortable for my hips. Sleeping in my back is the only comfortable position and I hate sleeping in my back.

Through all the aches, discomfort & swelling I'm just trying to enjoy each moment knowing it is the last time.

19. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: I would LOVE to sleep on my back, but my Dr told me to stop after 20 weeks. 🤷

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: Yes, I've heard that. I don't purposefully sleep on my back,just end up that way. My last pregnancy there was a midwife who went to the same gym as me and she said to sleep whatever way was comfortable

21. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: Absolutely! I wish my OB was more pragmatic...they are the no sushi, no back sleeping, no to everything type. They also were talking about having me be induced or have a c/s for baby size last time (didn't happen.) They are the only OBs in town so I just smile and nod a lot.

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: that would be frustrating to deal with. At least nowadays you can get more information a lot easier to make choices.

Tonight I had the worst nose bleed ever, I thought it would never end. It did stop and I was hot and sticky and decided to have a cool shower. Of course it started again. DH came upstairs to find me wrapped in a towel sobbing. Thank goodness he has patience and helped me and calmed me down. Then he did the last couple things around the house I wanted to do before bed.

23. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

33 weeks! 💜 Pretty sure this is only my third bump picture so far, and I took them weekly with DS.

24. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@crazydoglady: I've been totally slacking with the bump pictures too. I even have a tripod set up in my spare room that I'm too lazy to walk to. So much for my weekly pics I planned!

But I did take this last weekend.

25. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: Cute! How is the nursery coming along?

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: I've been so lazy this time with bump pics. Cute top!

@PurplePumps: I'd love to be at the beach.

This is a couple weeks ago at 30 weeks.

27. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@crazydoglady: The nursery is non existent! I'm going along with my parents (crazy) superstitions... not supposed to make any major changes in the house... including painting and setting that up!

How is everyone elses coming along? This is your seconds, right @crazydoglady: @ALV91711: ? Did you redo the nursery differently? Or move LO1 out and use it pretty much the same?

28. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: You look great!
    @PurplePumps: DS had a baseball nursery (still his room theme at 3), so I did all things purple. 💜

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: so pretty.

We just finished moving DS to what was the guest room. DH painted it blue and we are going to get some dinosaur decals. DH is going to paint babies room the same blue and we will be doing a Sesame Street theme again.

DS took this pic of his room this morning.

30. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: Oh my gosh. that bed is sooo cool!

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: DS loves it. The only downside is how much room it takes up. DH kind of wishes he hadn't insisted on getting it!

I'm starting to feel how fast the end of pregnancy is coming up and can't believe how fast it has gone.

32. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@crazydoglady: I LOVE those colors!! That's so pretty
    @ALV91711: Super cool bed!
    It does feel like it's gone by really fast when I look back, but at the same time it feels like it's taking forever. I'm really looking forward to the next 10ish weeks flying by and having this baby out and in my arms. I'm still super anxious after everything about my body failing me and him and feel that he'll be safer once he's born.

33. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: Thank you! I had so much fun putting it together. With. name like Violet, you've got to go purple.
    And I absolutely know the feeling. I have 8ish weeks to go and have had times of anxiety where I just want her here now so I can stop freaking out when she isn't kicking etc. I can say, tho, that it's just the name of the game when it comes to being a mom. Right now it's worries about fetal demise, and then it will be feeding, then milestones...with my son, it's his speech delay. Soon, it will be his progress in kinder....worry is always there, it just changes what you worry about. Anyway, not trying to be on a soapbox, it's something I need to remember all the time. 😊

34. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@crazydoglady: Well purple is an awesome color! Yeah, I'm sure the worry doesn't end there and there will always be something to worry about haha. But step 1, just getting pregnant and having the baby has been a big enough hurdle that I just want to make it through this.

35. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: Of course! I can only imagine how amazing that first time you see your baby will be for you.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: Like @crazydoglady: said there is always something to worry about. Motherhood is one big worry but well worth it. I'm looking forward to having this little guy in my arms.

37. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

So I blame Facebook but I keep seeing posts for holiday themed outfits already and now I have had the holidays on the brain. I only have 8 more weeks to go but now I am dying to know the baby's gender so I can start buying outfits. So irrational but I can't stop browsing online!

If we have a boy I have all of DS's clothes but this baby will be 2 months younger than DS was at holiday time so I'm anticipating a lot of the outfits we have won't fit. I did go ahead and buy a matching reindeer shirt and bib for our holiday photos since those are scheduled for October and I would rather be prepared and not worried about outfits. But now I'm thinking about Halloween too lol

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Bluemasonjar: I can't wait for matching outfits and Halloween costumes. I'm hoping DS who is 5 will be agreeable to matching!

39. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Bluemasonjar: LOL.... ummmm..... I've already bought an xmas outfit like 3 weeks ago! :-X And a football onesie for Superbowl.... and July 4. I didn't do Halloween yet... but I have an idea already.

40. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Hey ladies! I'm wondering how everyone is doing. I spent about 5 hours in L&D triage on Sunday when I had some bleeding--- luckily everything is totally fine and baby is still cooking away happily at 34 weeks. I can't believe I am quickly closing in on being one calendar month away from my due date. I feel totally unprepared for this kiddo. (Poor second kid.....) We aren't doing a nursery as this LO will sleep in a crib in our room for the first six months and we don't want to get rid of our guest room (we have out of town family that stays with us 10-12 times a year between my in laws, my parents and my sister plus random friends we love hosting!) I need to buy a dresser and wash and put away the newborn stuff we have still. I did rejigger our car seats to install the infant seat and got them checked by our county's car seat inspection service, so there is that! I need to get my DH to put the crib back at it's highest setting. We are at the stage where we are regularly discussing names which is historically super hard for us- but since we are team green, we never decide till after the baby arrives anyway. What are all you lovely ladies up to? It's been too quiet around here!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee