Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 POAS

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I vote drink til it’s pink!

AFM, I’ve been having some light cramping all morning - just a faint reminder that I have a uterus. I’m hoping that’s this little embie nuzzling in to stay.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Okay, so my client just called and said she has the runs and is canceling. Talk about a TMI excuse for not going to work out. 😳🤣

@SupernovaJ: I don't drink often as I take a medicine cabinet's worth of medications; however, I LOVE to indulge in a good glass of wine 🍷. I am, absolutely, a "Drink 'til it's Pink" girl. I, also, have many Eupoeans in my family and have been influenced by their laissez-faire view on light consumption during pregnancy. With both of my pregnancies, I have sipped small glasses of wine (a single 2-3 oz glass) during holidays and familial celebrations and have not felt guilty. #TerribleMother

3. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm in the drink til it's pink camp. I'm not a heavy drinker but I have a couple glasses of wine about two nights a week.

I drank 3 margaritas two days before I found out I was pregnant with DD and she's fine

4. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

I'm definitely team drink til its pink. Last time I had a feeling I was pregnant but hadn't tested yet and went to a 21st birthday outing. So I drank a beer thinking it was probably my last for a while.

5. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@SupernovaJ: With my past pregnancies I was very careful and cautious. With my last few cycles I've been a little more laid back. I will drink, but will wait if it falls on or near a testing day.

6. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

You ladies are my kind of girls HB needs a wine emoji. OK, drink till it's pink it is then.. of course I totally get if people choose to refrain altogether.

@MrsDynamiteGal: I'm with you here though, I'd probably lay off near a testing day too.

All this wine talk... looking forward to a glass when I get home...

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SupernovaJ: Cheers, dear! 🍷
    Hubby pulled through with Merlot and a tiny container of my most recent "craving" (pineapple).

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Kaohinani: Hubby goals. Enjoy! 🍷🍍

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

This is the view from my hotel room. Not a bad place to relax and let this little one settle in. Even found a mocktail 🍹 on the bar menu!

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Absolutely, positively jealous of you at this very moment! Our backyard and lake looks pitiful and gray in comparison to your veiw. #WishingIWereThereInsteadLOL

11. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I’m starting to get very worried about Hurricane Florence though. My parents live on the coast and we took DD there for the week while we are in Colorado. I’m worried they may have to evacuate and that we might get stuck out here and expected to be at work (common in any natural disaster event).

Anyone else potentially impacted by the storms?

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Do they have an evacuation plan just in case? (If not, we are in GA, and would accommodate properly for an emergency just as any good Samaritan would.)

13. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@yellowbeach: @Kaohinani: Wow, loving the view ladies! It's rainy, cloudy, and meh over here.

@yellowbeach: I know a couple of other people impacted by the storm. Really hoping it dies down without causing any damage. Do you guys have a plan in place worst case scenario?

14. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@yellowbeach: Where are your parents? I'm in Baltimore so we might get a lot of rain and high winds but nothing that's expected farther south.

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

They are in Norfolk, VA which has started some mandatory evacuations for Zone A low lying areas. They are zone C so might not have to leave. DH and I live 100 miles west in Richmond, VA but I’m worried about the flooding in both places. DH and I are both ER docs, so we are considered essential personnel and can’t evacuate. If my parents have to evacuate they could come to our house, but my dad is disabled and can’t go up and down stairs, so that’s a bad plan.

Been trying to text/call them to sort some of this out but they aren’t answering for whatever reason.

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Femara is a sneaky little thing, don't get me wrong I still prefer it over clomid... But here I am thinking I missed o, nope! My boobs are aching and my left ovary feels like it's trying to fill my entire lower left quadrant.

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: So? Good news?

18. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Sams Mom: Good thing you’re so in tune with your body! I’m with you. My ovaries are so crampy. Feeling so bloated and crampy, and dog tired. It’s gonna take every fiber of my being to rally and BD tonight. Curious to see your temps tomorrow!

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm thinking I'll have a positive OPK tonight or tomorrow. Unfortunately my husband left for work at 4:30 this evening and I didn't get home until 5:20, so the soonest we get it on is 3:30 in the morning 🤦‍♀️

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: 🤞 🤞
    🙈🙉🙊😉

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I also played chicken/tempted fate. My sister keeps telling me to go to these 100% organic pads and tampons and I tell her no because i have to go out of my way to buy them... Well I bought some tonight, and I know it sounds crazy... But maybe I'll not get to use them for 9 months. 🙈

22. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just changed our flights to get in about 12 hours earlier on Wed. Hoping that will be enough. Was really looking forward to my Rocky Mountain ⛰ respite.

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: that's unfortunate that you don't get to spend as much time in the mountains. I'm praying for minimal damage from this hurricane 😕; and that all is well in your parent's zone.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So I woke up early because of my husband coming home from work, checked my temp, 96.65° average after taking it 4 times. Even with the BBT adjuster since I was 2 hours early, it says 96.83°

I have no idea what's going on

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Perhaps you need a new thermometer?!?!? Did Sam's kitten get to it again? If not, perhaps temp vaginally? (That is all I can think of ... I'm sorry. 😥)
    Perhaps your best bet would be to call your OBGYN and ask if there are any contraindications between Femara and any of your medications that would cause low BBT or a drop in body temperature. Your body could be doing what it is supposed to be doing but it is not being represented on the BBT chart due to complex chemical interactions of medications. Just a theory. 🤓

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

9 DPO - ALL "non-symptoms" basically gone this morning - an occasional cramp and some (TMI) gas (*lovely). Temp ⬇️ .11 since yesterday's AWESOME rise. It has been 2 days since my dip. Out of curiosity, figured I'd POAS - Whitest, blankest BFN one has ever seen. My breasts aren't even sore which they usually get during the TWW or heavy/hot which they get when I'm pregnant. I'm thinking this month is another bust. 😫 #Frustrating

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Paranundrum: How are you feeling today? Still fighting illness? ☹

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m still hopeful for you! 9 dpo is the earliest lines usually show, tomorrow or the next day will be more telling!
    @yellowbeach: that’s a bummer to get back early, but I’d do it too
    @Sams Mom: glad you didn’t miss o!

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@yellowbeach: we’re supposed to visit my friend in NoVa this weekend so I’m slightly worried about the hurricane! I’ve been trying to read up on it and need to look for my rain gear. ☔️ Hope things turn out ok for your parents!

@Sams Mom: what brand are the organic ads/tampons? I’ve been wanting to try Cora ones but keep hoping I won’t need them... but then I keep getting my period so maybe I should just get them I also saw a brand called Rael on amazon that looked intriguing.

@Kaohinani: 9dpo is still early!! Fingers crossed for a second line in the next few days 🤞

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So I’m not sure if this temp spike is just bc I slept underneath some huge luxurious down comforter last night or if it’s a sign of anything else. 🤔

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@starlitsky: Thanks. I may POAS on 11 dpo if temps stay elevated and I feel "adventurous." IDK, I haven't really been invested in this cycle. I feel like after last month's cycle, I just can't be so invested ... It drained me. Anyway, I use Rael organic pads, liners, and fem wash. (Purchased from either the website or Amazon.) They are amazing and come in 3 or 4 different absorbancies and lengths. My daughter prefers the organic cotton pads and liners from the Honest Co which can be purchased through their website, Amazon, OR at Target. (We also use Honest Co night diapers and training pants for my son.)

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Looking 👀 good, mama! 👍 Luxurious comforter, eh? - Still jealous. 😋🤣 I have medium sallow skin ... "jealousy" green is not my best color. 😉

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you. Maybe on 11 dpo? IDK. After last month, I'm not holding out this cycle. I'm hopeful but I'm not holding my breath or making bets. 😉

34. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@starlitsky: most of the state is supposed to lose power. I’d think twice about your trip if you have any specific power needs or if getting stuck in NOVA would be bad for you guys.

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: So weird! I assumed it would be a one-off temp but obviously it's still low today...

@Kaohinani: Chart looks good despite the BFN! It's still really early! All of my non-symptoms are gone today too.

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Husband JUST called. His commanding officer notified him that he has training with the Army reserves this weekend up in SC for an IRB ... What are the chances it may get cancelled or they will relocate his training event to the reserve center here (GA) instead?
    #MilitaryLogic #TrainInTheRain #WhatAHurricaneIsComing?!?!

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Temp is slightly down today but still high overall.

My chart looks good but I don't feel good about this month. I guess TTC has made me a pessimist!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Thanks. IDK, if the disappearance of "non-symptoms" is a good or bad thing. (*shrugs*)

Your chart looks great ... We can feel subpar about this month together. 😂

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Yes, I'm still feeling crappy and have a fever.
    BBT is still up, but I'm guessing that's because of the fever too.
    I'll stay home for a few days and try to get better before returning to work. Luckily they were able to replace me at the moment so I can relax a bit.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Well I was a ding dong and laid back down after my luxurious 30 minute shower without a toddler stripping down and jumping in with me. I even got to wash & condition my hair AND shave my whole legs and my armpits... In ONE shower... It was amazing...

I digress. I slept in and was late to work... oops

I will try temping with both thermometers tomorrow to see if it is a dysfunctional thermometer or my temps are really tanking to unmedicated cycle levels. Both of my ovaries are hurting quite a bit too, so at least my husband is off the next few days.

@starlitsky: I cannot for the life of me remember what brand they are. I'll have to look tonight.

@yellowbeach: that temp raise could be a good sign, I have no idea how transfers translate to temping but it's a good thing usually for a regular cycle.

@skinnycow: Yea I have no idea what is going on, one of my 4 temps was as low as a 96.42.

@Kaohinani: I'm still crossing everything for you... well, except my legs because you know, fertile week. That was terrible... But I had to say it. *monkey covering eyes emoji because I'm not on my phone*

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee