Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

SEPTEMBER 2019 Moms

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: Oh no! I had pneumonia with my first and it was pretty scary. I'm glad you're already starting to feel better though. Take it easy so you can recover all the way And that's exciting for both your ultrasounds - I hope they go well

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2 ) - 13w3d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 13w3d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 13w1d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 13w1d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3 ) - 12w3d
    Sep 11: TemperanceBrennan (#2) - 12w1d
    Sep 15: youboots (#2) - 11w4d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 11w4d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 10w1d
    Sep 27: Autumnmama79 (#3) - 9w6d

3. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: will you tell me about it? How far along were you? Why was it scary? Did you have to be hospitalized?

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: yep, I was hospitalized and I was about 12 weeks. I'm not sure how it happened but I went downhill really fast on a Sunday - from coughing and kind of short of breath, to unable to say more than a word or two at a time because I couldn't breathe. Its my own fault for thinking I could put off seeing a doctor, cause I didn't want to go to urgent care and thought I'd be fine to see my regular provider Monday morning. So we went to ER around 1am because I couldn't catch my breath at all. Turns out I had busted a lot of sacks in my lungs. Got antibiotics, inhalers, and nebulizer treatments. I have since learned that I have asthma which I'm sure contributed. Hopefully just the antibiotics are enough to kick it for you.

5. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: thank you for sharing. I went back in when I started coughing up blood. I’m on an inhaler & antibiotics.

I have walking pneumonia- so I am weak and coughing but not terrible.

I’m glad your asthma was diagnosed.

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: Eek - that sounds scary too! And I feel like I've heard of friends having cases of walking pneumonia that last weeks or months. I hope that's not the case for you.

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I pulled out maternity pants today and they are SOOO comfy But I think they make my blump more obvious. My regular pants at least held it in a bit and made it look more like I was just gaining some weight. The maternity pants make it look more bumpy. Anyone else in maternity clothes yet?

8. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Nice! Not quite maternity clothes but I did the elastic trick on my jeans this morning Like you I feel like my maternity clothes make me look more pregnant too - will try to hold off a bit longer. Have been ok in dresses and tights or leggings and long sweaters.

Happy Friday September Mamas!

9. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

Our NT scan went great today. They had someone training that took a bunch of my blood. Feeling a little better from the pneumonia. Baby is measuring a bit ahead but they are keeping my due date the same. We got to see baby of 4D which was really cool- new technology to us.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyPenny: totally behind stalking this board, but I had a c section due to a lot of reasons, one was larger for gestational age. My son had a 15.5" head at 39 weeks 🙈, so that will probably be a factor in my decision for c-section or VBAC when I get pregnant again.

11. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@youboots: Yay! Congrats on a great scan and to feeling better. Great way to start the weekend

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: I was about to say something along the lines of dress + tights being a great idea once it warms up a bit. And then I remembered you're in Canada! I think I'd be too cold in the Southern US, so I can't imagine doing it where you are! I feel like a wimp now

@youboots: I'm glad you had a great appointment and are feeling better. Do you know how long till you'll get all the results back?

@Sams Mom: haha - what is it with these big-headed babies!? DS2 also measured increasingly ahead all pregnancy and since this LO was measuring 6 days ahead at 9 weeks, I'm worried we're on the same path again... Though, the only reason I got any ultrasounds beyond 20 weeks was because DS2 had a kidney issue. So I'm not sure I'll actually have any measurements with this one...

13. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@Autumnmama79: thank you!! @JennyPenny: the ultrasound tech said that the scan measured well within normal- not sure on the bloodwork.

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@youboots: Congrats on a good scan, and I am glad you're starting to feel better!

@JennyPenny: I'm in full-on maternity clothes. I've gained about 7.5 lbs already (oops!) and even with a belly band my regular pants weren't working because they were too tight in the butt and thighs. I could get away with regular tops maybe but I like how long maternity tops are; since my boobs are so big my regular tops ride up too short and show the ugly maternity pants band. So yeah, I've been wearing full maternity for like 2 weeks. It does showcase my belly a bit more but since we have announced I don't mind. Maybe it keeps people from thinking I'm just randomly gaining weight!

15. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: Anything to ward off stupid weight questions! Glad you're feeling comfy

16. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

The new ultrasound technology is pretty amazing. 4D was so cool!

17. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@youboots: hi baby!! Looks so big and well developed

18. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@Autumnmama79: yes. It’s finally feeling real.

19. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

I'm been such a silent stalker! So sorry! I've been feeling so rotten and been so busy that I've been in survival mode, but I'm 14 weeks today and am feeling so much better! Updates from me: we had the NIPT done which came back normal. We're team green so declined to find out the sex for now. My practice no longer offers the NT scan, but I have my anatomy scan scheduled with a maternal-fetal-medicine doc at 18 weeks - looking forward to seeing the little one again! If all is well at the anatomy scan I'll announce to work and the world around 18/19 weeks. Hope everyone else is starting to feel better as we head into the glorious second trimester!

20. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@bananasareyellow: totally understandable, glad you’re finally feeling better! So lucky your Nitp came back normal- what a relief that must be.

Am still in the depths of sickness today. Had a bit of relief over the weekend but of course that just made me worry. Also got the Doppler out but I don’t think I found the heartbeat. Possibly found mine in my belly, it was about 120 so I hope it was mine - so low for 10 weeks!

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: Wow, looking great!

@bananasareyellow: It's good to hear from you And I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm impressed that you'll be able to hide it from work that long. Between starting to show early and super nosy coworkers I think I'm going to come out after my NT scan next week assuming all is well.

@Autumnmama79: Ah yuck! Mine is coming and going as well. Its a nice change but I sure wish I had some assurance, like a doppler. Each pregnancy I've thought about buying one but psyched myself out. Have you tried again since you got the 120?

22. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@JennyPenny: I have no bump to speak of yet and don't expect it to appear any time soon. I have a long torso and hide babies really well! For illustration - pic below was at 30 weeks with my second. She came out at 8+ pounds so she wasn't tiny by any means!

23. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bananasareyellow: Holy cow! I saw the picture and as I was reading your first sentence I thought "well, I see a little bump" and then I read that that was at 30 weeks! That's crazy! Especially with being your 2nd. I'm pretty jealous. I'm guessing you never get all the fabulous insensitive comments like "Are you sure it's not twins?" Though people have no chill about pregnant bellies so I'm sure you get comments the other way...

24. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@JennyPenny: Haha yeah I would get the opposite! People would ask where I was hiding the baby and if I was sure I was pregnant. *eyeroll*

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@bananasareyellow: I've been wondering how you were! Glad to hear you're finally feeling better. And yay for good NIPT results! I had to laugh a little at your 30 weeks with number 2 pic...I think I'm bigger than that right now.

@Autumnmama79: Blehhhh sorry you're still so sick. I hope the end of it is near for you.

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I'm just in second tri limbo! Don't have another appointment until the end of next week so just kind of hanging out and hoping everything is still okay in there. Feeling much better than weeks 5 to 11, but still exhausted and getting headaches. Ready for my second tri energy!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm also very ready for the 2nd trimester energy. And to feel movement so I can stop worrying all the time.

Speaking of energy - I feel like I have so much to do to get ready for this LO and no energy to get going. Since we're all 2nd+ moms what are you guys doing for rooms for your new LO and/or for your big kids?

My DS1 has asked for a new "rocket ship room" so we're planning on doing a big room shuffle which is starting to stress me out. We'll be setting up my DH's office somewhere else in the house, turning that room into a "rocket ship room" for DS1, moving DS2 into DS1's current room, and freeing up the nursery for LO3. Thankfully the nursery and DS1's current room can stay pretty much the same. But that's a lot of work and transitions in the coming months...

28. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: I did try a couple more times and got the same result. Not the best feeling but I'm still so sick I figure something good has to be going on in there. I have an ultrasound with my OB on the 14th so hoping for some reassurance then.

As for the room situation. Thats a big loaded question at our house right now. Basically, we'll have to move either before or shortly after baby comes. We live in a 2 bed high rise downtown and with three kids we will have officially grown out of it. I just re-did the kids room too Sounds like lots of changes in your house too! Hopefully that third tri energy will kick in and you'll be in nesting mode. I got some really great things for the kids' room off Etsy.

@IRunForFun: Thanks! I hope the end is near too. 10 weeks now, maybe 3 more sick ones to go? Hopefully time goes fast until your next appointment!

@bananasareyellow: Pregnancy looks good on you mama!!

29. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Autumnmama79: We are planning to move too, ideally this summer before baby #3 arrives so everyone can settle in!

30. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@bananasareyellow: good times! Lots of mixed feelings about moving. Im hoping DH and I can agree on where to move and that it all goes smoothly. Will you be moving far from where you currently are?

31. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Autumnmama79: We want to stay in our school district so it'll be a short move. Are you guys considering leaving the city?

32. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Autumnmama79: Hopefully less! Maybe you'll start having a good day here and there, and then gradually more and more good days until they're all good days!

@JennyPenny: DD is staying in her room, the only big change we will make for her is getting her a twin bed so we can use the crib for the new baby. In January we converted the crib to a toddler bed, so she could get used to that, and in another month or two we will do the twin. We have a really small third bedroom that is currently functioning as an office/guest/junk room and that will be the nursery. We are working on finishing part of our basement so we can put the office/guest room stuff down there, but it's a huge project. I'm not convinced it'll be done in less than 6 months, but I guess we will see...

33. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@bananasareyellow: We will have to leave downtown. I'd like to move to the city DD goes to school in and I work in, it would make my life 1000 times more convenient. But its a suburb so would be a big change.

34. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: I like your logic!! Let the good days roll Sounds like you've got a nice transition for DD in terms of her bed - will be nice to lay down and read stories with her.

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bananasareyellow: @Autumnmama79: wow, moving! That sounds both exciting and terrifying. I hope you both find something you love and the process goes smoothly. I know the real estate market here is just a mess for buyers right now

@IRunForFun: That sounds like it'll be so nice when it's done. But yea, I feel like big projects almost never get done in the time allotted. I like your gradual transition plan. DS1`moved himself to a twin a few days after his 2nd birthday so it was a non-issue for us. I'm not sure what we'll do with DS2 since he is currently a rockstar sleeper and I'd hate to lose that.

36. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@JennyPenny: Yeah the market here is horrible. We have a short list of must haves and have been looking since November with not a single prospect...

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

The scale has not been my friend this week. My weight's been just creeping up and up and up - much more than I think it should be while still in the first trimester. So I'm going to start buckling down. I've been letting myself have all the carbs so that'll have to stop and I haven't been exercising much. But I have a bit more energy now and it looks like Spring should finally arrive next week so hopefully that get my butt in gear.

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: I've gained quite a bit more than the recommended amount so far. Over the past 3 to 4 weeks I've definitely gone back to my regular eating patterns, with maybe like an extra snack or two because I'm just hungrier. The scale still keeps going up...I'm hoping that spring weather will also get me moving more!! IF it ever arrives.

39. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: @IRunForFun: I feel your pain ladies, which is why I don't even bother with the scale. I've been eating to survive the last several weeks and will have to deal with the consequences once baby is here.

Have been feeling the effects not exercising lately and am looking forward to feeling better and getting back to it! I didn't exercise for my other pregnancies, did you?

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: I was really good about it with DS2. With DS1 I had gained 40 lbs by the end and felt awful. DS2 I started 7 lbs lower, exercised (walk and yoga) the whole time and gained 30 lbs. I felt soooo much better with DS2 than DS1. I'm hoping I can repeat it. But I also had no nausea and less fatigue with DS2 so that definitely made it easier.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee