Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

SEPTEMBER 2019 Moms

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: oh no! So will she not make it at all? And that’s too funny about your DD spilling. I know once DS knows everyone will. We’re thinking of telling him tomorrow and then calling our parents this weekend.

2. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: she’s coming just not in time for us to easily get to Toronto. I don’t want to rush out the moment she arrives.

DD will be 4 in a week and she has the gift of gab.

3. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@youboots: sorry you don’t get your trip! Will you be able to steal some alone time while shes here at least?

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2 ) - 12w4d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 12w4d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 12w2d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 12w2d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3) - 11w4d
    Sep 15: youboots (#2) - 10w5d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 10w5d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 9w2d
    Sep 27: Autumnmama79 (#3) - 9w0d

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: Ah, that's too bad Hopefully you guys still have a fun weekend and can maybe get some time to yourselves.

My DS1 is 4.5 and is also a huge talker. We think that's part of why DS2's speech is delayed - he never has a chance to get a word in anyway

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyPenny: my older sister (2.5 years older) talked for me and anyone/anything else she could. The catalyst was sitting at the table one night, I pointed and grunted at the green beans, my sister talked for me yet again, my dad snapped and told her I could talk for myself, and that's when it all ended. 😂 I did have to do speech therapy for an impediment, but I think that's totally unrelated 🤷‍♀️. Funny thing there is they thought my little sister needed speech too, turns out she had just learned to talk from me 😬

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Sams Mom: Haha! I've heard so many versions of this story but it always makes me feel better Older siblings can be so funny. We try to get DS1 to stop enabling DS2 (also 2.5 years younger) but it doesn't seem to stick. He both talks for him to us, but will also use DS2's really poor approximation of words when talking to him. Like "Come on DS2, let's go watch ees-ee (TV)" So many times we have to say "USE REAL WORDS! Teach him the right way instead of using his words"

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyPenny: ha! My sister used me as a human baby doll basically. Made me play with her, talked for me (did use real words at least), dressed me up, wouldn't let me be alone 🙄

My little sister (23 months younger), came along and thank God my older sister traded me in for the newer model and I finally got to be by myself some 🤣

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Sams Mom: Aww - that's sweet though maybe not so much from your perspective I am really curious how the household dynamics will change when we add #3 - especially if its also a boy. Well, also if it's a girl, since we don't have any experience with those 😬

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

How's everyone doing!?

I'm actually starting to feel better I think - a bit less nauseated and less tired too. I did reintroduce caffeine this weekend though, so that could be it. I even went and did yoga today which felt great. I used to go regularly but hadn't been since before Christmas so it felt really good to get back to it. Hopefully I can keep it up.

We also told DS this weekend and he seemed a bit slow to take it in at first but now he seems excited and keeps asking to "see the baby" which either means looking at the ultrasound pics or lifting my shirt up...

11. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: aw so cute! He seems to get it Yay for feeling better, that’s awesome. I’ve still been feeling pretty sick. Yesterday I made a real effort to eat every two hours, and did feel better. Not sure if that helped or just coincidence - but I’m trying again today!

OB appt tomorrow...

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay! Glad you're feeling better!!!

@Autumnmama79: Eating frequently really did seem to help me a lot earlier on. I hope it continues to help you.

I'm 13 weeks today. All the sources seem to vary on when you're considered in the second tri, so I'm just going to go with today. Feeling decent! Still really tired most of the time but able to eat normally again and all that. And drink my precious coffee! I don't have another appt for more than 3 weeks...

13. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: Horray for the second trimester! 1/3 of the way mama. Must be so nice to be eating normal food again. I’m also looking forward to the caffeine aversion to dissipate.

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: will this be your first ultrasound? Hoping for a fantastic appointment for you

@IRunForFun: yay for 2nd trimester and feeling better! Are you thinking of sharing the news more broadly soon?

15. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: thanks! I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks (two weeks ago) to confirm viability. I’m not sure if my ob will do another one tomorrow, but she does have the machine there so we’ll see. I guess she’ll book me for the important NT scan in the next month or so. Do you have your NT booked already?

16. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

I have bronchitis 👎 I have my blood test and NT scan Friday.

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: Ah gotcha. Yep, they actually called yesterday to schedule my NT scan for Mar 14. I'm already looking forward to getting to see baby again

@youboots: Ugh that stinks! Being sick while pregnant is just the worst Hope you feel better soon

18. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: March 14th is soon! Eating every two hours didn’t help yesterday and I was so sick, especially in the evening. May cave and ask dr for meds at appt today.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@youboots: Ugh you can't catch a break!!! Hope you can at least get some meds and feel better soon.

@Autumnmama79: I hope you get to have a scan at your appointment! And definitely don't feel bad about asking for meds, you deserve to be able to function!

20. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: thanks! These end of day appts are killer cause I feel like I’m thinking about it all day - still another hour + to go...

Are you still feeling good?

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Autumnmama79: Aside from being exhausted, yes! I'm going to ask to have my iron levels checked next appt because I haven't been able to stomach my prenatals with iron.

Good luck!!

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: How was your appointment yesterday?

23. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

My husband is traveling for work and my nanny is on vacation and work has been crazy. Thank god for my mom! She’s traveled here to watch my kids this whole week and has been such a godsend.

I found out I’m a carrier for a pretty horrible disorder (that apparently they couldn’t test for when I was pregnant with my first two) and I’ve been a mess waiting for my husband’s carrier testing results to come back. It’s very rare so odds are way in our favor that he’s not a carrier but I still feel so very anxious.

On a slightly lighter note, 12 weeks and I really feel so much better. This third baby bump is not hiding itself so I’m just out now at work. Oh well. And my doctor emailed me yesterday night late to say that my dna results came back normal for (so no evidence of any of the trisomies) and she knew gender but wasn’t sure if I wanted to know so wasn’t putting it in the email. I know lots of people really don’t want to know (but I do!) so I’m hoping she checks her email and then calls or emails me with the gender today.

Hope everyone’s doing well—spring (and good news in the form of test results saying my husband is not a carrier) really can’t come soon enough!

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Oh wow, that's terrifying! I hope you get good news soon. Do you have an estimate for when those results will be ready?

And that is great news about the trisomies. And exciting you could find out the sex today!

25. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks for asking! It went great. My ob has a very kind and gentle manner, it was nice to see her again. She didn't do an ultrasound, saying her machine may not get a good pic of baby as its only 9 weeks. She asked me to come back in 2 weeks and we'll do a scan then. We talked about delivery and agreed that another c-section would be the safest option in my case. I was surprised when she said it would be scheduled for 39 weeks! God bless one less week of late pregnancy aches and pains I asked the reasoning and she said because if we wait until the due date baby may try to come on its own and then could become an emergency c-section - which has its own dangers and concerns. NT scan booked for March 22 which feels like a very long time for peace of mind...

@IRunForFun: We spoke about iron yesterday too as I'm a vegetarian. OB said not to worry about iron right now as the most important thing baby needs is folic acid, so to just get folic acid pills and go back to regular pre-natal with iron in a month or so.

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Thank goodness for hands-on grandmas! Glad you have some help. That is so scary, you must be so relieved that your results came back normal. When will your husbands results come back? Eek finding out the gender is so exciting!!

26. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

Hi everyone - thought I would join! Haven't been too active over the past few years, but was when I had my first in 2016.

• Where are you located?: Wisconsin
    • EDD: 9-11-19
    • How far along are you?: 12 weeks today!
    • Is this your 1st child?: Nope, second
    • When is your 1st doctor appointment?: Had my 12-week screening today.
    • Any symptoms so far?: Pretty easy, but more nauseous than my first.
    • Who have you told?: My husband and some girl friends I went on a trip with when I was around 8 weeks. Couldn't keep it a secret all weekend. My daughter is turning three this Sunday so we are telling everyone this weekend!

We're team green, just like last time! DH is partial to a boy, I would love another girl.

27. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: Welcome! And happy birthday to your DD, my DS will be three this year too

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: Yay for a good appointment! If you don't mind me asking - why was your first a c-section? I had a c-section for my 2nd because of being breech and it was scheduled for 39 weeks for the same reason your OB mentioned. Immediately after I was 100% sure I wanted a VBAC but since getting pregnant again I've found myself waffling a bit more...

@TemperanceBrennan: Congratulations and welcome! I love having team green people as part of the due date board. I'm too impatient myself but its fun to watch 2nd hand Has your nausea let up now that you're heading towards 2nd trimester?

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2 ) - 13w2d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 13w2d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 13w0d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 13w0d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3 ) - 12w2d
    Sep 11: TemperanceBrennan (#2) - 12w0d
    Sep 15: youboots (#2) - 11w3d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 11w3d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 10w0d
    Sep 27: Autumnmama79 (#3) - 9w5d

30. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: My first was a c-section because during contractions DD's heart rate was rapidly accelerating (200bpm) and then decelerating (88bpm). I think they called it fetal distress and it quickly became an emergency c-section. For my second I wanted a VBAC but when DS was 3 days overdue we went for an ultrasound and discovered that he had almost no amniotic fluid! The OB on call thought the labour would be too stressful on the baby with no fluid and the safest option was a repeat section.

Its a big decision to go with repeat C or VBAC, what are your thoughts?

31. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

Baby is a boy!

32. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: welcome! My oldest is also three (and a half).

33. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Aw congrats!!

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Yay! Aww I sweet boys

@Autumnmama79: Oh wow, so 2 different reasons. I can see why your OB thinks it's safest to plan on another C-section. For me, I actually had a great c-section experience. It was scheduled so it was nice to have care for DS1 lined up and everything was smooth and low stress. I had asked all my friends and HB for tons of recovery advice and followed it all and I think it helped me have a really easy recovery. I think it was easier than with my vaginal delivery, personally. So the convenience, recovery, and not having to do labor are reasons for me to go repeat. The reasons I lean towards VBAC is I really hated that at my hospital you don't get to hold LO right away after a c-section delivery. They took him to another room with DH for a while and that was really hard for me. I also know that I shouldn't count on a 2nd c-section being as easy and I feel like most people think its a harder recovery. I also am curious if I get a faster/easier labor since its not my first and maybe then recovery after a 2nd vaginal delivery won't be as bad as the first. *shrug* so many maybes.

ETA: DS2's head also measured at 99.8% when he was born, so if this baby is also giant, that might push me towards c-section

35. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Really compelling reasons on either side! Both of my c-section recoveries were relatively easy as well, pretty standard in terms of major surgery and I'm so grateful for that. I feel you on the desire to be able to recover WITH baby following the surgery. For my first she was taken to another room with DH while I recovered but for my second I insisted (cried) and the only way I finally agreed to a c-section was that they made things work with the nurses so I could recover with baby and he never left my side I brought that up yesterday at my appt, even though its far away, I want my OB to know how incredibly important it is to me!

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: I'm glad to hear of someone else with easy c-section recoveries. I feel like we're in the minority. And when I say DS was taken it away...it was really like 10 minutes. They had to do his initial check up outside the OR. So I still got skin to skin and to try nursing while still getting stitched up in the OR, which I really appreciated. Just hearing him cry in an adjacent room after barely laying eyes on him felt like torture at the time. And I was totally crying on the operating table. I do think it was maybe a while before I was allowed to hold him independently. They would just have someone rest him on my chest for me. I can't really remember that part though.

37. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@Autumnmama79: @JennyPenny: @SouthernGothamCityMama: Thank you all!

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Congrats on a boy!!!

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: That is very scary about the disorder, but I'm crossing my fingers you get results back ASAP and your husband isn't a carrier. And congrats on the BOY!

@Autumnmama79: I'm glad you had a good appointment!

@TemperanceBrennan: Congrats and welcome!! Nice to have another person join us!

Are all of us who are posting regularly 2nd+ timers?

39. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: Thanks! How are you feeling?

ETA looks like so far we are all seasoned mamas

40. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

My bronchitis turned into pneumonia 👎 I’m on antibiotics and feeling a lot better.

NT scan tomorrow. We having an elective ultrasound next month to find out early.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee